Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo

+17
tinning3
ilikeoctopus
Dregadude
Xaber
Druplesnubb
willPowered
muffinz
Spark Eletran
d_what
phantasmalDexterity
OverlordJ
kotakun
invisibleTerrarium
variegatedDreamraptor
NinteNerd
cephalopodAscendant
Hanky Panky
21 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo - Page 7 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:31 am

This is why spell check is not always enough.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo - Page 7 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo

Post by variegatedDreamraptor Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:13 am

Me connecting (SPOILER) new Pokémon to Rocketdan for no reason again:
variegatedDreamraptor
variegatedDreamraptor
Cooltrainer

Location : Guys just so you know I am basically NEVER on here. I only really go on the Skype now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:30 am

Speaking of which, I don't know if I mentioned my IDE that since Litwick burns souls to get energy, and Yamask is literally a soul of a Pokemon/human, that means Litwick eats Yamasks.

But it's kind of creeping me out. Are there any other blatantly carnivorous Pokemon that have an established food chain? I mean, Carnivine and Sharpedo look the part, but I don't know if Carnivine eats anything other than James' head, and Sharpedo is just... smuppedo.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:41 am

Pidgeot:

Ekans:

Spearow:

It is clearly said that Pidgeot eats Magicarp, Ekans eats Pidgey and Spearow eggs and it's implyed that Spearow itself eats bug type Pokemons.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:00 am

cephalopodAscendant wrote:This is why spell check is not always enough.
eye halve a spelling chequer
it came with my pea sea
it plainly marques for my revue
miss steaks eye kin knot sea
eye halve run this miss age threw it
eye am shore your pleased two no
its letter purr fact awl the weigh
my chequer tolled me sew
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:53 pm

Little bit of news.

X and Y news:

anime news:
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:59 pm

invisibleTerrarium wrote:
X and Y news:
Reply to those news:
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:01 pm

XY News:
Anime News:
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by willPowered Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:51 pm

OverlordJ wrote:
X and Y news:
Reply to those news:
Replies to replies:
willPowered
willPowered
Youngster

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:53 pm

willPowered wrote:
OverlordJ wrote:
X and Y news:
Reply to those news:
Replies to replies:
Reply:
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:16 pm

The suspense is killing me :/ I'm planning out my Friday and Saturday like it's a military manoeuvre. Crossing fingers that I can get an early copy, so I can pull an all nighter after work and not have to get a bus the next day. Because I'm not playing X and Y on a stinkin' public bus. OH SHIT gotta get earphones too! Always play with earphones people Smile

(Hijacking the topic because it was a wall of spoilers)
(Also I doodled some 3-themed version of a hypothetical evolution of the new guy, I really think it could go down well, design wise)
(Also american spelling is superior to international English spelling ONLY because they don't ever have to spell manoeuvre. *shuddre*)
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:41 pm

d_what wrote:manoeuvre
And that's why Germany has äöü suckers~
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:56 pm

Not all three of them in a row. I hope! That's worse than oeu! and anyway you can blame the French for it.

Now thinking how I can work that diphthong into a Kalos Pokemon's nickname...
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:15 pm

oeuchespin

your welcome
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:22 pm

d_what wrote:Not all three of them in a row. I hope! That's worse than oeu! and anyway you can blame the French for it.

Now thinking how I can work that diphthong into a Kalos Pokemon's nickname...
No, it's "Manöver" in german.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:36 pm

Kotakun, if I'm ever having a sudden heart attack whilst in Paris, I'll make sure to make use of it.

...Froeuakiue?
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:56 pm

Not sure if this needs spoilering but just in case people don't want pokemon names:

I'll have to see if I'm even getting the game on/near release date. Doubt it. May need to make use of not joining in the spoilery bits when the games are released.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:50 am

I suddenly like the idea of giving all of my XY playthrough mons French-sounding nicknames? Except I don't know any French except what's been shoehorned into English.

By the way: Fairy is being touted as possibly the best offensive AND Defensive type. As well as leaving Water types run amok, grass and bug types are terrible, no word on a stealth rock nerf... Well done game freak :/
(Note: defensive because yes while steel has more resistances, all of Fairy's resistances that they DO get are exploitable and it's weaknesses very much aren't. Which is why I'm thankful Steel and Poison resist fairy, too, that'll be a bigger stop to them than the weaknesses. Shame Ice or Psychic didn't get a resistance to it though Sad )
Everything could still end up okay though, because Fairy could end up being gen 3's Rock or Bug type and have few moves to make use of. Or perhaps all the fairy types will be kinda meh. Except for maybe Mawile, all of them could be usable ONLY because of their typing.

Who wants fairy type Blissey! Hands up!
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:46 am

Fairy type Blissey, while a pretty logical type change, would be incredibly dangerous and broken. Imagine Blissey becoming immune to Dragon-type attacks and getting STAB attacks that can actually be super-effective against the target. I don't think the metagame could survive. As for Fairy's dominance, we just don't know enough about the games right now to say whether or not this is going to happen. I say we wait and see.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:11 am

I hope Blissey doesn't change. Her and her kind have been a stalwart since gen 1, it'd be a less interesting metagame with her gone, or changed.

Because we can have Clefable filling a fairy type Blissey role and there can be multiple pink blobs doing different things stand that makes for a better meta! Very Happy less competition! But if Blissey gets fairy then we don't gain anything really that we weren't gonna get anyway and Clefable will stay in the shadows. It'll be an excellent gauge to how important competitive battles are to GF though: if they follow it at all they'll know the change is a bad one, but otherwise it makes no sense to NOT make Blissey a fairy.

Just. No fairy cresselia please Sad

Anybody up for a battle or two today or tomorrow?
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:15 am

Wait a second
Spoiler:
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:16 am

Response to iT:
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:35 am

Also to IT:
Spoiler:

Also speedy repost: battulz this weekend, you know, in the last two weeks of gen 5? As well as being the last proper battle you can have for months (February at least) because of Bank not existing until Jan and the very hectic metagame that follows?

Last edited by d_what on Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:36 am; edited 1 time in total
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:36 am

YES. That is the perfect nickname.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:37 am

Unspoiler: the nickname has to do with the spoilered pokemon. Don't be tempted to find out what it is.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next