Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀

+12
tinning3
d_what
Captain
Sandstriker
Spark Eletran
NinteNerd
muffinz
OverlordJ
Gelatino
cephalopodAscendant
invisibleTerrarium
Hanky Panky
16 posters

Page 14 of 37 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 25 ... 37  Next

Go down

If both were guaranteed to happen in sequence, which would you rather have released next?

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 14 I_vote_lcap0%Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 14 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 14 I_vote_lcap100%Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 14 I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 1

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 14 Empty Re: Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀

Post by Captain Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:23 am

interesting. pls explain
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 14 Empty Re: Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀

Post by Sandstriker Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:18 am

d_what wrote:Rightyho!  Here are your deets:

Spoiler:
Batter
Freeze
Monster
For something like this, I'd definitely have this overwhelming sense of guilt and sadness, even if I wasn't the person to destroy the Thing™. Though if the other person was the one who destroyed the Thing™, that sense of guilt over the whole thing would be very quickly changed into rage over the whole situation. Though I wouldn't really act upon it, instead keeping to myself harboring a heavy amount of spite for this person, making me constantly want to avoid them.
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:28 pm

Captain wrote:interesting. pls explain

okey but only if you a) explain your new avatar and b) tell me about how the brexit fallout is going where you are :V it's all I can talk about at work!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So it started when I brought up Worm, a web serial (since completed) about Taylor, a girl who has the power to control bugs, in a world that's been adapting to superpowers. Powers in the Wormverse are diverse and creative and the mechanics behind them go a long way to describing how most other powers in other media *could* work. But mostly? They're pretty harsh. You don't get powers because you want them, and you don't get them on the happiest day of your life in the best of circumstances.

There's also a [still in progress!] Roleplaying game set in the Wormverse that has people generate superpowers via consensus and luck. That's pretty much what we've been doing with the addition of a few limiters and some "seeding". I'll put the process below, feel free to join in the discussion!

Spoiler:
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:11 pm

On sandstriker: I think we went a liiiiittle bit too broad with the trigger. It's hard to narrow it down. Sandstriker, care to come up with some details? Who did what, where and when?

In the meantime I'll work with what we have.

Mover: Plausibly. But only for moving from, not moving to. It's tenuous. Brute: No, no physical pain. Blaster: I'm probably biased and want to be part of some blaster discussion because I want to see this. The only way I can is if the Item was knowingly destroyed while the owner was away; if only because there's an element of destruction-at-a-distance. Probably not in general though Sad Master and Thinker are more or less suggested by the trigger itself. The whole "friend" thing is a very definite betrayal, so Master, while the trigger happened after consideration, so Thinker. SS didn't really put any stress on it though so while they're a primary concern, I'm not gonna say they're the ONLY concerns. Breaker, no. Stranger, no. Trump, never. Striker, no.

So we've got a mover/thinker/master combob or some variation one one or two of them. Unlikely to be mostly or even half mover. Words were "batter", "freeze", "monster"; Master and Monster go extraordinarily well together, I'd be wrong to ignore it. As do Freeze and Mover. Batter could be the act of physically attacking something, but that's not resonating with the categories. Batter is a non-newtonian fluid, that's kind of cool. Buuuuut it doesn't really resonate with the trigger? Yeah, probably gonna need a little bit more conjecture 'sstriker :V

Spoiler:

Current power tree:

SANDSTRIKER
1) codename "SCULPTOR", v.1":
Spoiler:

E: freeze might be construed as pause? Time related power perhaps, time in which a Thinker power could be applied. Assumes you can't use the pause to move around much.

Last edited by d_what on Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandstriker Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:57 pm

Dee's Powers:

Spark's Powers:

OJ's Powers:

Octi's Powers:

iT's Powers:
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandstriker Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:08 pm

d_what wrote:On sandstriker: I think we went a liiiiittle bit too broad with the trigger. It's hard to narrow it down. Sandstriker, care to come up with some details? Who did what, where and when?
Um...
Well personally I wouldn't destroy someone else's stuff, so it was the friend that did that. Though the argument itself? Honestly could have been anybody who started it, but i'll say it was me to not pin the blame of everything on the friend :V
The whole thing where they destroyed my stuff though would have happened at school, probably a few hours before it let out.

Anything else you need?
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:52 pm

Nope! I think we're good.

Also I was worried that ^ guide might come up because one of the most important characters in Worm has that exact power and yes it is exactly as OP as it sounds :I By extension, in the worm-verse, it's actually impossible to have that power since it's already taken, but we're not really in wormverse :O More like... wormverse adjacent.

E:
Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrround two!

Going from the additional info 'striker's given us, I'm gonna play creative with a Blaster/Thinker build. Focusing more on the distant loss of an object, I'm thinking a strong feeling of possession . I can't wedge Batter or Monster in here, not yet, but I can work with both parts of Freeze - so:
Spoiler:

SANDSTRIKER
2. codename "FLASH FREEZE, v.1":
Spoiler:
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandstriker Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:33 pm

d_what wrote:Nope! I think we're good.

Also I was worried that ^ guide might come up because one of the most important characters in Worm has that exact power and yes it is exactly as OP as it sounds :I By extension, in the worm-verse, it's actually impossible to have that power since it's already taken, but we're not really in wormverse :O More like... wormverse adjacent.
Gdi, is there really an escape artist power character in worm? I only got to 7.9 so far so i still don't really know a lot of the characters
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:44 pm

It's sooooooo much more than that. Her power is *literally* she always knows how to win. She sees any given problem as having a solution and her thinker power gives her all of the concrete steps to achieve that solution. There might be several hundred thousand steps, but she can get there eventually. It borders on prescience. She has blindspots in regards to certain things, but even those can be somewhat counteracted by considering the problem as a hypothetical. It's totally OP. But you're a very very very very long way off before you get to know her.

quote on character: "Thinker. Don't worry about the rating. Just run."
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandstriker Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:49 pm

haha, wow. she sounds gr8.
Can't wait to have her ruin everything :V
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:54 pm

My new avatar is basically bc Mienfoo is now my favourite Pokemon (Combusken is #2 don't worry). The Mienfoo in question is Marty, an OC I made for a short-lived PMD RP that happened with some peeps from the quarantine skype chat.

And uh, Brexit... is stupid. I am angry. Angry that scumbags like Farage, Johnson and Gove played on peoples' unfortunate but understandable prejudices to make the referendum pretty much a matter of immigration, angry that immigration can even be considered a bad thing and thus saddened at people's xenophobia and racism, angry at those that chose not to vote (even if it was the highest turnout in a long time, still doesn't excuse that nearly a third of people who could vote didn't). But most of all I am angry at the ridiculously large number of people who voted leave as a protest vote. Absolute morons. They've ruined something that was flawed and needed improvement, but that fundamentally worked. And now the pound is crashing, my currently unemployed dad can't find a job, my parents can't sell their house, science funding is going to plummet so we will be even dumber as a nation, a lot of our rights will either not exist or need to be rewritten, and worst of all, people are being emboldened from the result and are verbally and physically assaulting anyone who doesn't look or sound "British". Honestly if we do in fact actually leave, and Scotland do indeed gain independence and rejoin the EU as a separate nation... let's just say that moving there is a big possibility for me.

And triggers:

tw; Failure, Loneliness:

tw; Assault, Bullying:

... both of those hurt. second one is embellished a fair bit. but ow.

edit: wait these are both a bit too similar to other ones
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:25 pm

Captain wrote: And now the pound is crashing, my currently unemployed dad can't find a job, my parents can't sell their house, science funding is going to plummet so we will be even dumber as a nation, a lot of our rights will either not exist or need to be rewritten, and worst of all, people are being emboldened from the result and are verbally and physically assaulting anyone who doesn't look or sound "British"

Gosh. I'm glad I asked, but sorry about your Dad Sad That's actually the biggest thing that bugs *me* about the Brexit. The fact that Ireland's kind of fucked in the short term isn't even a concern for me (well it is, but it's not bugging me) because I can understand that a country's voters would be unlikely to say "yeah, but what about the Irish", though my SECOND highest pet peeve is that attitude should have been extended to Scotland and wasn't, and I am extremely offended for them. It's just such a slap in the face. The voters either didn't consider it, in which case they are inconsiderate and dumb as bricks, as well as totally england-centric, or they did and didn't care, in which case they're pricks.

But no. That's not the biggest thing that bothers me. There are *some* *intangible* benefits to leaving the EU. I get that. I can almost, almost respect it. But there are hundreds, thousands of people whose jobs ride on the metaphorical line between the UK and the rest of the EU, and those jobs are now irrecoverable. Not to mention the side effects, the indirect losses caused by brain drain, companies downsizing, generic recession stuff - I could point to a family living in Gibraltar, or London, or Derry, or basically fucking anywhere, and say "this family will lose 100% of its current income post Brexit." And in theory that's an acceptable loss if the Brexit results in another family getting that income... but all they have to offer is "yeah, but, immegrants!" or "but we put more in the eu than we get out". Intangible if not imaginary benefits for very, very real costs, and this is what these people voted for. Christ, we're still reeling from the last 8 year recession, knowing that people absolutely died because of the aftereffects, whether it's via lack of healthcare, suicide via depression, homelessness, whatever, and we had our banks and our politicians wholly to blame for it. Where do you go when the blame lies on 52% of the country?

Ireland, Scotland and France, I guess.

E: got wrapped up in politics rage, forgot to assign trigger. Uhh. Given the subject matter it might hit too close to home, I can get another if you want :/
Spoiler:
Boundary
Hearth
Latency
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:51 pm

Speaking as an outsider who's been trying (and probably failing) to follow things online, it seems like nobody really thought Brexit through, either as a voter or a politician. The only upside I can possibly see is that maybe it'll shock Americans enough to realize what a bad idea electing Trump would be, and even that's pretty iffy (and not much direct help to y'all). Between Brexit, our presidential elections, the Olympics in Rio, and probably more stuff I just don't know about, things are seriously screwed up right now.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:56 pm

d, with all due respect, that's fucking stupid. why would i want to play a character i had no part in designing???????

i'll put some further reactions here later when it is explained to me why i can't help design my own power????? like honestly that doesnt make a single bit of sense at all
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandstriker Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:02 pm

invisibleTerrarium wrote:d, with all due respect, that's fucking stupid. why would i want to play a character i had no part in designing???????

i'll put some further reactions here later when it is explained to me why i can't help design my own power????? like honestly that doesnt make a single bit of sense at all
It's kind of just a for fun realism kind of thing I think? Like, if you were actually that person, you wouldn't really get to choose your power, you're at the mercy of genetic RNG. So while you get to make the actual character, the powers themselves are left to the gods of chance. By which I mean everyone else :V
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:19 pm

ok,,,, i guess,,, that makes some sense? still not really seein it

i guess i need a new trigger then :0
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:23 pm

yes that's exactly it! it's basically a diceroll, but since powers aren't concrete and have to be "explored" we have to use slightly smarter RNG. (That's us!) and the process is fun too! But in terms of RP it's very much a "what do you do with what you've got" setup. Collectively you have more say too than if you just came up with your own power. I guess you'd have more say if you were involved in everyone's power AND your own, but that kind of slows the whole thing down since it'd be implicit that the person getting the power has veto on it. Which sort of stifles the RAW UNBRIDLED CREATIVITY that I totally can't wait to see Spark's opinions on later Razz It also means you can be as brutal as narratively necessary when providing input on other's powers, since you know you can't bargain for the outcome either way. Kind of mutual-destruction, style!

E; you can still use the same trigger! Unless you want a new one. We haven't got a lot of Tinker/Brutes so I might collect some of those from elsewhere.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:03 pm

Yeah, as someone who like really fucking cares about other people, I think the racist/xenophobic shit is what gets to me because it's so directly dehumanizing and disgusting, but the economic shit is bad too and I just. How did this vote even happen? Like literally it was a "fuck im gonna promise something drastic bc it looks like i wont get elected" tactic from the Conservatives, which then led into them actually having to do a referendum. Neither Leave nor Remain were good campaigns. Leave lied through their teeth the whole time and constantly brought the conversation back to immigration even though that will barely be affected by the vote, and Remain were complacent and really lackluster, and didn't inspire voters at all. It's been such an unmitigated disaster of a year already really.

Anyway, trigger response.

My first response is panic. I'd probably get home and sit there unable to think or do anything, kinda in a daze. As if my mind left my body. I'd probably do the whole curl-up-in-a-ball and maybe even cry a bit in bed that night. Basically, I'd just break down. I wouldn't necessarily run because god fucking damnit I need my education and I enjoy my education and I don't wanna lose it, but I'd definitely just be like. Panicking and anxious for days. I probably wouldn't leave the house.

Eventually, I'd have to Tough it out and come up with a solution. I eat very little? Fuck it, needs must. I have to live on a friend's sofa? Gotta do what I gotta do. If my first phase is panic and anxiety, the second is practical problem solving. Life is a bitch and it goes on no matter what happens, so I'd grit my teeth and do what I have to do. I'd be completely miserable, but hey, that's pretty much normal for me at this point.
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Wed Jun 29, 2016 8:48 pm

OOP LOTSA THINGS HAPPENED HERE

Imma read it all later and Comment back on it and the new triggers and the such! tho I will say that yeah I made both my triggers p vague to give whoever got them room to interpret it in the best way it fit their lives :0

also yeah I love this system here BECAUSE it means you have no input on what comes out, it's a fun sorta... writing challenge in a way? You get to think about things you wouldn't necessarily gravitate towards when it's all done
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:14 pm

d_what wrote:yes that's exactly it! it's basically a diceroll, but since powers aren't concrete and have to be "explored" we have to use slightly smarter RNG. (That's us!) and the process is fun too! But in terms of RP it's very much a "what do you do with what you've got" setup. Collectively you have more say too than if you just came up with your own power. I guess you'd have more say if you were involved in everyone's power AND your own, but that kind of slows the whole thing down since it'd be implicit that the person getting the power has veto on it. Which sort of stifles the RAW UNBRIDLED CREATIVITY that I totally can't wait to see Spark's opinions on later Razz It also means you can be as brutal as narratively necessary when providing input on other's powers, since you know you can't bargain for the outcome either way. Kind of mutual-destruction, style!

E; you can still use the same trigger! Unless you want a new one. We haven't got a lot of Tinker/Brutes so I might collect some of those from elsewhere.

if it's not too much trouble i'd like a new trigger,,, if there's no extra one laying around here (i haven't read any of them except the ones that've already been assigned) i can stick with this one
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:05 am

Gonna RNG for 4:

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Aaaand you got number 1!
Edge
Grapefruit
Paleontologist
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandstriker Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:41 pm

Cap's Powers:
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:54 pm

Looks like there have been some S&M leaks, followed by an official Japanese trailer. The leaks gave us English names, so I'll use those.

You know the drill:
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:09 pm

Spoiler:
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:28 pm

Spoiler:
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 37 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 25 ... 37  Next