Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business

+7
Xaber
OverlordJ
Captain
muffinz
invisibleTerrarium
Spark Eletran
d_what
11 posters

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business - Page 6 Empty Re: Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business

Post by muffinz Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:37 pm

[post deleted sorry]

Last edited by muffinz on Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business - Page 6 Empty Re: Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business

Post by Captain Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:55 pm

Ugh fiiiine. I'd give the gems the types you suggested prolly. I still like Rock for Garnet tho, so idk.

Working as a lifeguard, have you ever successfully guarded someone's life IE, saved them from injury or death?
We're taught to Lifeguard preventatively first, then reactionarily second. Basically, ideally I shouldn't ever HAVE to rescue someone from the water, because I as a lifeguard have taken all the steps to minimise that eventuality from happening. That means making sure that everyone is following pool rules. However, accidents still do happen. I like to pretend I've never had to save anyone because I'm too good a lifeguard to let it come to that, but in reality it will at some point, and I've just been extremely lucky. In addition, the few times someone HAS needed rescuing whilst I was on poolside, a fellow lifeguard did the rescue, because I honestly am a tad slow compared to some of my more eagle eyed colleagues.
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:57 pm

Whaat Jasper totes needs to be Rock/Fighting she's a gem PATRIOT

also I get why Marie's poison ofc but why bug for Callie? does she bug u. does she. does she

also I feel like Shadow would be Dark/Psychic, Rouge would be Dark/Flying, Amy would be Fairy/Fighting... Knux would have Levitate also ofc, duh... Blaze would be pure fire and Silver would be pure psychic, Metal Sonic Electric/Steel... Eggman Steel/Egg... Giving characters types is fun :0

also since giving urself questions is. probably not allowed? maybe??? here goes the nickname one

Cap'n Combedbeard, Bottlecap Trainer, Taint'o'Hat, Shades McBeak and Master Cockchicken
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:19 pm

[post deleted sorry]

Last edited by muffinz on Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:37 pm

How about Captain my Captain, how's that for a nickname?

Some people say that Combusken has an oddly phallic shape, what's your reply to that? Also, isn't Garnet the perfect opportunity for a Fire/Ice type? Or Electric/Fighting, if you want to ignore her being a fusion, since, you know, she punches stuff and has control over electricity.

(Also, I never played Vitnamese Crystal, but I read a playthrough about it, either on the mspa forum or here I think?)
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:45 pm

[post deleted sorry]

Last edited by muffinz on Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:09 pm

So what you are telling me is that I have to name a female Blaziken Ruby, a Jinx Sapphire and a Medicham Garnet?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:27 pm

also I get why Marie's poison ofc but why bug for Callie? does she bug u. does she. does she
callie is pure and sweet but she's kinda naive and young, and FULL of energy, which are personality traits i associate with bug types for some reason. something about the innocence and the quick evolution i think.

nicknames
1. Shades McBeak
2. Admiral Admirer
3. Cap'n Crunch
4. Cap'n Combedbeard
5. Captain my Captain (i have like never got this reference but people keep shoving it at me man like wtf)
6. Bottlecap Trainer
7. Cockfighting Society
8. Master Cockchicken
9. Taint'o'Hat

Some people say that Combusken has an oddly phallic shape, what's your reply to that?
Yes, yes he does. You can even imagine the waist fluff as ball hair if you wanna be really crude, and his little headfeather as sperm ejaculating, which just makes it all the worse. However, I really fucking wish people would shut up about it. I will occasionally browse the Combusken tag on Tumblr and the amount of people talking about Combusken being a dick as if theyre the first geniuses to ever fucking come up with the idea is stupid :/

I guess.... i like to look past the shape something is? honestly my main reason for having the fave I do is because it was my first ever starter pokemon, and Blaziken started to look dumb. which is apretty good reason i think, but it also means that im not gonna defend the design, even if i do rly like the design.

So what you are telling me is that I have to name a female Blaziken Ruby, a Jinx Sapphire and a Medicham Garnet?
Nah man, that's not how it works. Just because John's an Heir of Breath, doesnt make you John if you are one, and same applies to types.

Besides, Mega Sableye is a much better contender for the name Ruby. And Sapphire fits Dragonair the most imo (for more than one reason, I know ur there Inheritance cycle fans). Which makes.... Druddigon Garnet???
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:46 pm

I will forever fight for Amethyst being a chubby Zoroark I mean C'MON

illusion is PERFECT for her, and it's a glass cannon too

not purugly as SOME might say >:TTT
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:51 pm

[post deleted sorry]

Last edited by muffinz on Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:02 pm

gengar is better than purugly at least

purugly is the worst pokémon for amethyst >:V
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:17 pm

[post deleted sorry]

muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:32 pm

maybe we should make a thread for thinking of characters in media as pokémon/what pokémon would they really be/what teams they'd have. :0
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:32 pm

[post deleted sorry]

muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:43 pm

Captain, my Captain comes from a poem that is apparently pretty well known?

Also, sorry I meantioned the shape thing, personally, while I do think that Combuskens shape is a little odd looking, I don't really think it looks like a dick, I think people are just seeing too many dicks in too many things.

Hey, do you have any hobbies you haven't told us about before that you'd like to tell us?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Apr 04, 2016 3:43 am

Oooh yeah that's a great question.

What are your personal thoughts on the Brexit? Will you be voting? I gotta say, coming so soon after the "better together" spiel from the Scottish ref., some of the arguments seem more than a little hypocritical :V as well as being a massive FUCK YOU *to* Scotland when leaving the EU was actually a serious point of contention for them. But them I am biased because Ireland's a little bit fucked in the short term if our biggest trading partner leaves the EU. Also border controls between us and the north would be hella icky. *shudder*

David Cameron pig diddler y/n?
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Mon Apr 04, 2016 5:35 pm

Oops, forgot I had questions to answer!

Hey, do you have any hobbies you haven't told us about before that you'd like to tell us?
I guess listening to music probably counts? I love finding new music to become maybe a little bit too obsessed with, it's fun. And then coming back tot hat music later and it's still rly good. I've had a pretty sizeable Nightcore period (which I do not regret bc I still like nightcore occasionally lol) and more recently I had a couple of weeks listening solidly to KPop, and I still enjoy that as well! Videogame Remixes came next, and you get the picture. Music is cool and fun to mess around with and discover stuff. I've even has like an off idea here and there to make music myself, which I doubt will happen, but probably demonstrates how much I like music bc me making things is usually reserved for the stuff I really like a lot.

What are your personal thoughts on the Brexit? Will you be voting?
First of all Brexit is a terrible word and I wish people would stop making these stupid portmanteaus to seem cool and edgy when they're really dumb. Second, I will almost definitely vote, yeah. As for what side I'd vote on, since I've had political opinion I've been fairly strongly left wing, only getting more left orientated as I've gotten older. In addition, I've lived in a non British European country for a long time (7 years) growing up, so my understanding and appreciation for Europe and the EU is even higher than your usually left winger. Being in the EU is very important and good for the country. Leaving is stupid. I've never seen a problem with immigration at all, and the monetary stuff doesnt even affect us as much anyway because we have a separate currency. ANd I can't remember the other "Leave" campaign arguments, so I'll stop there I think.

Funny story, when I first heard about this, I thought it was just someone who had heard about Charlie Brooker's Black Mirror episode (where the prime minister is forced to fuck a live pig in order for the kidnapped Princess of England to be released) but had kinda misunderstood a few details of it. But yes, he definitely did, that's definitely a thing an Eton twat would do, and the fact that the Black Mirror ep aired like a good couple of years before the story is hilarious and makes me think that Brooker might be some sort of weird soothsayer.
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:06 pm

Captain wrote:Oops, forgot I had questions to answer!

Funny story, when I first heard about this, I thought it was just someone who had heard about Charlie Brooker's Black Mirror episode (where the prime minister is forced to fuck a live pig in order for the kidnapped Princess of England to be released) but had kinda misunderstood a few details of it. But yes, he definitely did, that's definitely a thing an Eton twat would do, and the fact that the Black Mirror ep aired like a good couple of years before the story is hilarious and makes me think that Brooker might be some sort of weird soothsayer.

Man, EVERYBODY thought of that. I hadn't even seen the episode and even I thought of it! (I'd wikibinged most of the episodes, have only actually seen the Christmas Special. Holy mother of fucking shit that show is so fucking dark. Fuck. It's delicious, like the most bitter chocolate.) Also +1 for Eton Twat. I've no opinions on Eton because I have no cultural frame of reference (except that Eton Mess is a desert for chefs who can't make meringues properly) but I appreciate the strength of sentiment.

Also, I know I already have a habit of falling briefly in love with the wordy bullshit I spew, but can I for a moment make a point of publically appreciating the fact that I live in a universe where I can say "David Cameron Pig Diddler Y/N?" in a serious conversation and get away with it?

Didn't you do a thing in switzerland or something? It rings a faint bell. Want to tell us more about that (or whatever it is I'm misremembering?)

Last edited by d_what on Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:11 pm

Didn't you do a thing in switzerland or something? It rings a faint bell. Want to tell us more about that (or whatever it is I'm misremembering?)
I lived there for 7 years between the ages of 2 and 9 (we came back to England just before my 10th birthday actually). So I kinda grew up there in a way? In any case it made me bilingual, which is rad (French, not Swiss German; I lived around the Geneva area). Besides that, the climate sticks out to me, because it was gorgeous, and the country is really pretty in a lot of places. Fondue and Raclette are both very Swiss meals as well where u just eat a shitton of cheese and those are rly good too and fond memories. Besides that it's honestly just like growing up anywhere else I should think tbh. I'm glad I was never a young adult whilst I was there though. Army conscription for a few years is actually obligatory in Switzerland and I would just not have managed that at all I think.
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:15 pm

Captain wrote:Didn't you do a thing in switzerland or something? It rings a faint bell. Want to tell us more about that (or whatever it is I'm misremembering?)
I lived there for 7 years between the ages of 2 and 9 (we came back to England just before my 10th birthday actually). So I kinda grew up there in a way? In any case it made me bilingual, which is rad (French, not Swiss German; I lived around the Geneva area). Besides that, the climate sticks out to me, because it was gorgeous, and the country is really pretty in a lot of places. Fondue and Raclette are both very Swiss meals as well where u just eat a shitton of cheese and those are rly good too and fond memories. Besides that it's honestly just like growing up anywhere else I should think tbh. I'm glad I was never a young adult whilst I was there though. Army conscription for a few years is actually obligatory in Switzerland and I would just not have managed that at all I think.

This is really interesting :B No commentary from me this time, it just is :V
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:54 pm

I'm probably gonna ask everyone this, but I like this question, so sorry not sorry: What's the most obscure game you've played, captain?
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:05 pm

Captain my Captain, is there any warm dish that can't be improved by adding molten cheese?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:26 pm

I'm probably gonna ask everyone this, but I like this question, so sorry not sorry: What's the most obscure game you've played, captain?
Future Tactics: The Uprising is probably it. It's this weird futuristic post apocalyptic gamecube game where you control individual characters on a map and have to use their skills and weapons to kill weird blue hunched-back aliens that look a bit like crazy frog. I guess it's similar to XCom? I think it came before though.

Captain my Captain, is there any warm dish that can't be improved by adding molten cheese?
Desserts can be warm. That should answer your question (I don't really think savoury and sweet things should mix, except in some rare cases where a specific combo just really works).
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaber Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:35 am

do you play any sports?
do you have any very strong opinions about things nobody else you know cares about?
Xaber
Xaber
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:08 am

do you play any sports?
i play a few esports lol (pokemon, smash, splatoon and pokken if they even are esports haha) but besides that no. i used to play cricket though, which is really fun, and i like swimming occasionally

do you have any very strong opinions about things nobody else you know cares about?
uh... probably. i have strong opinions about a lot of things, so one of em is prolly sth nobody cares about. i cant think of anything specific off the top of my head though...
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next