Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business

+7
Xaber
OverlordJ
Captain
muffinz
invisibleTerrarium
Spark Eletran
d_what
11 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business - Page 10 Empty Re: Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business

Post by Xaber Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:42 pm

muffinz wrote:you contributed a lot to the sburbmon thread back in the old days right??? it's been forever since then and i'm garbage at remembering "who said/did what" but i'm pretty sure you were around there a lot.

yeah! i was pretty involved in it in 2013-14 I think. mostly doing movesets and stuff.

Captain wrote:
Xaber its shitty nicknames time r8 these in order of least to most shitty lesgo: Xabe Malik, Worhemr ov Sellywoo, bluhsintriangle, STREWTH MATE THAT SURE IS A GOOD SUWERD! and Zoober (Zoo Goober).

1. STREWTH MATE THAT SURE IS A GOOD SUWERD! (this makes me cackle every time I read it)
2. Xabe Malik
3. bluhsintriangle
4. Worhemr ov Sellywoo
5. Zoober (Zoo Goober)

Sandstriker wrote:What's your favorite YouTube Channel?

What do you want the most out of Pokemon Sun and Moon?

favourite YouTube channel is either Polygon (solely because of monster factory) or Cr1tikal

I would like a better perspective on story: either make it actually interesting (d/p or b/w) or make it less critical to the game (r/b). X/Y feels super annoying because the story characters have no depth but they're constantly turning up everywhere being irritating.

d_what wrote:Do you have any scary stories to tell? How do you feel about wearing socks with sandals? Is Vegemite really as love/hate as people say? If you were us what question would you ask yourself?

life is the scariest story there is I couldn't come up with worse
socks with sandals are abomination-level fashion and I do not condone them
vegemite is pretty love/hate actually. I think it's disgusting but a lot of people think it's great. also if you ever do eat it make sure you spread it on some toast or something: it's not supposed to be eaten by itself.
"where are the bodies buried?" (more seriously, I don't know. Maybe ask me about fanfiction? I read way too much of it)
Xaber
Xaber
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business - Page 10 Empty Re: Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business

Post by OverlordJ Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:31 am

I think I recall some people exchanging ideas about a pokemon region based on australia way back when. In your opinion, what features of australia should an australia based region include?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaber Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:44 am

if they did make an australian region i'd really like to see a focus on the desert ecosystem. normally the desert is just a one-off area in an overall large region and i wouldn't mind seeing a desert as more of a focus for an overall region showing off a lot of more arid areas. desert ecosystems are really cool
Xaber
Xaber
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:43 am

What's the best news you've ever gotten! Do you have any pets?
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaber Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:34 am

the best news i ever received was probably being told that i got into chemistry olympiad summer school! i hadn't expected it at all since i hadn't really studied for the exam or anything so that was pretty exciting.

i don't have any pets right now. i used to have an axolotl but it died about two years ago. i'd like to get a snake or hamster at some point in the future but right now i don't have the time/space/a family appreciative of reptilian values that i'd need to properly care for one of them.
Xaber
Xaber
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Apr 12, 2016 10:36 am

Man if there's any group of people you don't have to explain what Axolotls are it's Pokemon fans :V Between Mudkip and Wooper we're well covered!

What was the olympiad like? I've never done any summer schools. I don't think they're really done here. Well, I guess years ago (like, age 10/11 maybe) there were saturday classes I could go to over the summer for optional courses like... creative writing, or astronomy, or science behind superheroes, and then there were week-long sport camps, which were lame, but that was it. So yeah I have no idea :V
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Tue Apr 12, 2016 4:09 pm

Axolotls are pretty dang awesome

Is it true how dangerous animals in australia are? What's the most dangerous animal encounter you've ever had?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaber Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:55 am

d_what wrote:What was the olympiad like?

well uh basically now that i'm at university i can say that the olympiad summer school was like doing two semesters of chemistry in two weeks. it was fun and i met some cool people but after like the second day i was totally lost and i totally fucked up the final test so yeah. but i'm doing well in chemistry at uni so far so it probably helped a bit.

OverlordJ wrote:Is it true how dangerous animals in australia are? What's the most dangerous animal encounter you've ever had?

i live by the coast in an urbanised area so i've never come into contact with most dangerous animals. there are definitely some very dangerous ones around but i'm not really sure how much the average australian comes into contact with them. if you respect them and treat them with care none of them are that dangerous; the main issue is if you're dealing with something like snakes or spiders where it's easy to step on them/put on a shoe with one of them in it if you're not careful.

the most dangerous thing i've ever encountered is bluebottle jellyfish (they're called portuguese man o'war in other places) at the beach. they're a pain and it's not fun to swim if they're in the water but they just sting you and it hurts for a bit.
Xaber
Xaber
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandstriker Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:33 pm

Who's your favorite superhero?

Are you upset about any specific censorship to games in your country?

Are there any tv shows you recommend?

What's your OTP? :V
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaber Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:14 pm

probably batman, batman's cool

not particularly? i know that australia is pretty harsh compared to a lot of other countries but i've never had any desire to play ultraviolet games so it's never really affected me.

uh... steven universe if somehow there's somebody on this forum who hasn't watched it yet. jessica jones was pretty good too?

don't have on. i'm a leaf in the wind, unattached.
Xaber
Xaber
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:42 pm

(Hey D u should prolly pop the queue now just sayin)

Uuuuuuuuh Xaber what question do you want to be asked by me? And then answer that question Razz
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:59 am

Ultaviolet games would be pretty hard to see
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:23 pm

Crap I keep forgetting :0 sorry guys work has been busy and I've been super distracted! Uhh, whoever is next is next!
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandstriker Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:30 pm

Tinning Time.
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:54 am

Generic question 1: what does an average day in your life look like?
Get up around 7, either by alarm or my son'll start babbling me awake. then make us breakfast, put the dog outside for her business. if it's a work day, I'll get ready for work then the day pretty much revolves around work from there, otherwise I let my wife have a lie in 'till the newborn gets up, the rest of the day i'll be playing with kids, the dog, my 3DS or vita, reading comics on my tablet, or on reddit. Also, tidying. then i'll plan for bed at 10 but not actually go till 11. then watch an LP video on youtube on my phone in bed before actually sleeping.

Generic question 1+1: describe one of your friends, or your social group!
I don't really have a social group since uni, it's either work or family. from my uni friends, but one of my friends from uni I definatly want to keep in contact with is living in england but originally from the phillipines. he goes back there regularly to visit. We tend to go to manchester sometimes too for a con that happens, and he was cool enough to come visit for my wedding. We're both mostly nintendo nerds, me less so if only because I can't buy all the cool games he has .

generic question 3: Explain how you got your username!
tintin was my nickname in school, for some reason i write that as tinning. it's usually tinning3 specifically starting from when i registered for runescape in 2008, and that stuck since.

4. What are your top ten favourite Pokémon? There does not need to be an order.
1. giratina 2. beedrill 3. ninjask 4. zapdos 5. slowpoke 6. staraptor (i like its weird screeching cry!) 7. drifbloom 8. feraligator 9. wartortle 10. and lucario

5. What is the meaning of life, in your opinion?
In order, 1. treat everyone with respect and how you would like to be treated. 2. do whatever makes you happy and gives meaning to your life. If 2. intereferes with 1, rethink it.

6. What is is your favourite animal?
Turtle!

7. desert question?
A few years ago, the answer would definatly have been a resounding NO, but now that I have a family, to never see them again... something would shift. If I despise the person for a good reason, they should hopefully be a horrible piece of filth that I don't need to feel too guilty about. If it's just someone I hate due to petty reasons, and they're not bad people, then I doubt I could do it. I'd think about it all the time, and I think I'd justify doing it loads, but I could never actually do it.

8. Do you live in an urban environment or a rural environment? Which would you rather live in?
Rural. I prefer this environment usually, but I doin't have a car or licence, so it's actually not great right now.

9. Earth, Wind, Water or Fire? Combinations are not allowed, as are the answers "neither" or "all", or anything to that effect ;D

Water all the way

10. What is your favourite word?
supercallifragalisticexpialadoshus
That or pro bono

11. If you were to be given a Pokèmon type, what would it be? You can select a single type or a dual-type. This is not a "what's your favorite" question, but rather a "what represents you the best" question. Try to take your personality traits and interests into consideration!
Probably ghost first due to shyness and pretty much never being seen outside my usual haunts, and fire due to having a short temper sometimes.

12. Out of all the currently unused type combinations, what are the Top Three that you most want to see on a gen 7 Pokèmon? Note: for the purposes of this question, you can choose to answer with NFE-exclusive types (like Bug/Water) or legendary-exclusive types (like pure Flying).
Ghost/ fighting, fire/ water as some sort of steam pokemon really needs to happen, and i don't know what else I'd want, really.

13. You have the opportunity to briefly go back in time and talk to your past self from five years ago. You can choose any number of things to tell them, but you should probably try to avoid changing the future too severely. What will you tell your past self about?
Nothing big, just take up some kind of creative hobby, like learning to draw or play the piano or something.

14. This is a pretty cliche one, but what would you do if you received three wishes from some sort of genie-like figure? Let's assume you can't wish for additional wishes and can't wish to become omniscient or omnipotent.
1. At least enough money to live off of comfortably. not enough to change me for the worse, but i miss spending all day with family rather than having to earn money.
2. My family to all die of old age when it comes to it, no diseases or other people causing it.
3. to set the genie free because I think of others sunny . If they are free, then free games for life yo.

15. If you could choose to permanently live in any fictional setting or world different from our own, where would you go? No matter where you choose to go, you remain an ordinary human, and all you can take with you is whatever you're wearing at the time, plus whatever items you're usually always carrying (phone? wallet?)
The federation from star trek really is the kinda place you'd wanna live day to day, as long as you're not in a doomed timeline where the borg succeeded or something. You could also join star fleet, but you'd need to be super smart, so I'd see how that goes.

QUestions 16 and 17: ,
At what point did you catch up with homestuck?

Jade: enter was my first update, so it was surprisingly earlier than most answers here!

Is there anything you want to tell us about yourself that you've never really gone into or just haven't found the right opportunity to yet? Take your time on this one!
Ive already mentioned it otherwise, but I have a 2 year old son, a 3 week old daughter and am married.

18: why haven't u played pokemon TCG yet I mean c'mon it is a major part of the franchise u faker u

I played the gameboy game, that count?

19. Which pokemon do you think is literally the worst one ever made?
luvdisc. I know it had an expy in the form of alomomola, but at least that's based off a claddagh design. luvdisc is just stupid.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:40 am

tinning3 wrote: fire/ water as some sort of steam pokemon really needs to happen,

I have some great news! http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/en-gb/pokemon/volcanion

Also kinda surprised you didnt use the "describe a friend" q to describe YOUR WIFE but whatever Razz also didn't realise kid #2 is so recent, so double congrats?

Whatcha working in now? Still doing database stuff? Ever visited us down south? Brexit yay or nay? Would your opinion be unusual in your area or among your peers? Do you think NI breaking off into a separate country is a possible way forward if Scotland also chooses to? *mental image of the 6 counties detaching and floating off into the center of the Atlantic*
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandstriker Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:20 am

What's a good movie you've seen recently?

Any TV show recommendations?

What's your OTP? Wink

What's your favorite game?

What's the number one thing you want from Sun and Moon?
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:14 pm

How long have you and your Wife been together?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:22 am

Is your wife single? ;D
...Don't answer that.

So who's the sexiest member of the quarantine that hasn't been mentioned yet :O Is it you? What with having confirmed as having two kids therefore you are at least 2 sexy?

edit: if Pokemon Quarantine was a new restaraunt, and all of the users contributed a Signature Dish to the menu, what would yours be? (you don't have to be able to make it or anything.)
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:56 pm

Yeah but volcanion is an event legendary, and also not a literal steam monster. I'm very specific in my hopes here, ok.

Also I didn't think of that, I focused more on the group part than the friend part :V My wife is great, she is smart about things I wouldn't really know about, and she's pretty, and we're both happy just chilling in each other's company. neither of us are too lazy to the point of driving each other mad, either, which is important when your living together having to share household responsibilities.

I work in a call centre. Team leader right now, so it is a bit different than what I was learning in uni! Uni didn't really help on that end anyway tbh. not enough people took the practical database course, so it was mostly theory/ business modues ended up being given. which, i guess did help with business side of things, but it's stilla  weird tangent.
Not really visited the southother than to a port near dublin, i should though. need to travel a bit more.

I'd say we need to stay in the EU just because it gives us huge advantages in trade and keeps everyone friendly. it's a pretty common opinion among people I talk to, anyway. only very tangentally related but something stupid I always feel the need to bring up- the eurozone needs to go away, it's a stupid idea, bringing estabhlished, very different cultures together and putting them into the same currency, with the same exchange rates despite each country being vastly different.

Good movie I've seen... Deadpool was great, Ryan Reynolds definatly redeemed himself after green lantern.

TV shows I'm currently watching that I would recommend include orange is the new black, there's some very good humour revolving around some amazing characters. Right now I've just finished Daredevil season 2. You don't have to be big in the comics to get it, I wasn't when I had started watching it.

Gotta say... john x Roxy is p. darn cute, and it's a rare ship that, even if not canon, causes me to decalre otp. I'll fight for it, damnit.

Pokemon heart gold is hard to beat for me... the first game i've spent more than 400 hours playing. from music to nostalgia to being able to come soooo close to actually catching them all in one game until pokemon x and y, the systems were some of the tightest in the entire franchise, everything felt so right. non pokemon game would probably be jak 3. I played that game months, maybe even a few years even after I beat it.

Hopefully the lack of HM obstacles like small trees or boulders will continue, alpha sapphire was kinda hard to play after not having to think about them all through Y. I like secret bases too, hopefully they'll stick around in some form. maybe show mons following you again, like in HGSS. As for new stuff, I can't think anything, I'll have to wait until they announce something and be like 'oh yeah, i always wanted that'.

Me and le wife have been together since late 2010 Exclamation  married late last year, after dating for 4/5 years.

well I'm not rich enough to be worth divorcing over, so she's still married to me.

I think the whole quarantine is sexy. this is definatly the sexiest quarantine I've been part of.

I would contribute pepperoni pasta bake. I can usually eat most of a glass dish worth of one of those.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:09 pm

What have you learned after becoming a parent that you definitely didn't know beforehand? Any tips :V

Do you have any "parenting goals" that probably aren't particularly common?
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Sun Apr 24, 2016 5:34 pm

As well as how to actually look after kids, I suppose the most interesting thing I've noticed is that while they never used to affect me, in media now when there's a story about a parent and child, I tend to care a lot more now. Like, to the point where I used to be all 'oh ok a little subplot about kids bonding with parents, can't wait till the main plot continues' to it being the best bit for me. I know the recent star wars movie has a subplot like that.

As far as goals... not really any uncommon ones. The closest one would probably be that I'd like my children to have a mix between beaing healthy and active and sporty, to also liking video games so I can impress them with mad skillz, and play co-op games with them.

sorry for the delay, late shifts at work this week. 13.15-22.00 last week, now going into 07.45-16.45 shifts. it's gonna be fun on de bun Exclamation Exclamation 1 Exclamation
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Apr 24, 2016 6:00 pm

Interesting answers! I'd like to say there are more questions coming, but I think the river of queries has very clearly begun to dry out. So, uh.. Consider the queue popped!
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandstriker Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:52 pm

Alrighty then, let's get this started.

Generic question 1: what does an average day in your life look like?
Wake up, get on the computer, do all my schoolwork in like 2 hours then get on skype. P boring, but's it's what i do. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Generic question 1+1: describe one of your friends, or your social group!
Well, one of my non-internet friends is named Jonathan. We made youtube videos together for awhile.

generic question 3: Explain how you got your username!
Believe it or not, it was because of Pokemon. Specifically, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Even more specifically Pokemon Mystery Dungeon FanFiction titled: "Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Trials of Team Sandstrike" (tried finding a link, but it was removed from fanfiction.net and the forum it was posted on :L). Basically it was about this team that had a lavitar and stuff named Sandraft, and they named their team Sandstrike. I was enamored with it and absolutely had to comment (even though in retrospect the writing was garbage). So i made a fanfiction.net account, called myself Sandstrike, and started the embarrassment of my online presence at like 8 years old. Eventually i'd go to websites where Sandstrike was taken, and decided to call myself "Sandstriker" instead.

4. What are your top ten favourite Pokémon? There does not need to be an order.
1. Sandshrew
2. Sandslash
3. Pikachu
4. Pikachu Libre
5. Surfing Pikachu
6. Flying Pikachu
7. Ash's Pikachu
8. Ritchie's Pikachu, Sparky
9. Pikachutwo
10. Smuppedo  smuppedo

:V

5. What is the meaning of life, in your opinion?
Memes

6. What is is your favourite animal?
Foxes. Specifically arctic foxes. Then red foxes, then fennec foxes.

7. You are stuck on a desert island with the person you despise the most in the world. You will absolutely never like them, there is zero chance that you ever will. Being around them makes you both miserable and filled with rage. There is no hope of ever being discovered and there is a 100% certainty that you will both be here for the rest of your lives. You are able to survive on this island just fine. You have been given a gun with a single bullet. The most hated person does not know about it, and you can somehow keep it a secret from them. Do you kill them, kill yourself, or live with this person? Follow up question: As soon as one of your is dead, the other gets to return to their life. Has your answer changed?
I'd kill them in both situations. I fear death too much to possibly kill myself, and always found that thought ridiculous anyway. And if they truly are the person i despise most in the world, then they likely are a very horrible person anyway.

8. Do you live in an urban environment or a rural environment? Which would you rather live in?
I live in a rural environment, but I think i'd prefer urban. My time in Spain has shown me how great it is to have everything in walking distance.

9. Earth, Wind, Water or Fire? Combinations are not allowed, as are the answers "neither" or "all", or anything to that effect ;D
Difficult question. I've always been partial to wind, and have a good love of fire. But my username is Sandstriker, so earth is clearly a strong candidate. These are tough moral decisions I have to make. I guess I'd go with fire, although almost all of these could work, except water.

Fuck water.

10. What is your favourite word?
Optional, tbh. Because i've never been disappointed when told something was optional.

11. If you were to be given a Pokèmon type, what would it be? You can select a single type or a dual-type. This is not a "what's your favorite" question, but rather a "what represents you the best" question. Try to take your personality traits and interests into consideration!
Ground/Electric maybe?

12. Out of all the currently unused type combinations, what are the Top Three that you most want to see on a gen 7 Pokèmon? Note: for the purposes of this question, you can choose to answer with NFE-exclusive types (like Bug/Water) or legendary-exclusive types (like pure Flying).
Ghost/Psychic. I always liked those types.

13. You have the opportunity to briefly go back in time and talk to your past self from five years ago. You can choose any number of things to tell them, but you should probably try to avoid changing the future too severely. What will you tell your past self about?
Probs tell them what asexual means, then make them to take up an instrument or draw more.

14. This is a pretty cliche one, but what would you do if you received three wishes from some sort of genie-like figure? Let's assume you can't wish for additional wishes and can't wish to become omniscient or omnipotent.
1. Immortality/Invincibility, with the required secondary powers to keep me sane
2. The ability to always have the exact amount of cash in my pocket for anything i'm buying.
3. To have anything I create be high quality and heavily popular, no matter the amount of effort put in

15. If you could choose to permanently live in any fictional setting or world different from our own, where would you go? No matter where you choose to go, you remain an ordinary human, and all you can take with you is whatever you're wearing at the time, plus whatever items you're usually always carrying (phone? wallet?)
Probs Pokemon, because you don't need to be all that special to be a pokemon trainer.

QUestions 16 and 17: ,
At what point did you catch up with homestuck?

Trickster Alchemy.

Is there anything you want to tell us about yourself that you've never really gone into or just haven't found the right opportunity to yet? Take your time on this one!
Not really? At least I can't really think of anything. I'll let you guys give me questions and go from there.

18: why haven't u played pokemon TCG yet I mean c'mon it is a major part of the franchise u faker u
I have, actually :0
I have never lost a game face to face with someone yet.

19. Which pokemon do you think is literally the worst one ever made?
Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business - Page 10 250px-688Binacle
"Once, there was an ugly binacle. He was so ugly that everyone died. The end..."
- Patrick Staryu
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:45 pm

ok shitty nickname time right off the bat lets go

waterwalloper, me likey the strikey, DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORK, SS (Smiling Sinner), H.M.S. Grain. pls rank from best to worst.

ok second question

list your top 10 favourite pieces of fiction in existence, followed by your favourite character from each
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next