Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity.

+9
Xaber
muffinz
kotakun
ilikeoctopus
cephalopodAscendant
d_what
invisibleTerrarium
OverlordJ
Spark Eletran
13 posters

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity. - Page 21 Empty Re: General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity.

Post by d_what Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:15 pm

What are they if they drink milk? Or juice? I'm sure some detectives are caffeine free. Their beverage preferences matter too, you know! #detectiveMilkMatters #socialJuicetice #imsorry
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity. - Page 21 Empty Re: General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity.

Post by OverlordJ Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:55 pm

d_what wrote:What are they if they drink milk? Or juice? I'm sure some detectives are caffeine free. Their beverage preferences matter too, you know! #detectiveMilkMatters #socialJuicetice #imsorry

Milk drinking ones are recovered alcoholics with a heart of gold and a troubled past.

Juice depends on the type of juice, obviously.

Also, is Phoenix a private detective now? I though he was an atorney or however that's spelled.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:57 pm

Wait, dang, yeah, he's an attorney. Darn gameplay confusing me @.@
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:01 pm

To be fair, he acts a lot like a detective at times, probably because the police and prosecution wouldn't give him the time of day, much less, oh I don't know, relevant material for the case.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:23 pm

How did you reply that quickly, my comments allways take forever to get through?

Also, making jobs involved with the judical system behave like they are detectives seems to be a common theme in television and games. I guess everyone just thinks detectives are the coolest and most interessting.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:46 pm

My guess is that your crappy internet's the problem. Since you can't load images or videos, you probably have trouble uploading data (such as forum posts) as well.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:33 pm

Well, yes, I suppose, still, the reply was already there when the page loaded just after I posted, it surprised me.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:58 am

Speaking as someone who's just beaten the original AA trilogy and is currently making his way through Apollo Justice... yeah Phoenix tries to be a detective

he's not very good at it though. ema's the only one who knows to do any scientific stuff and she's only around for a case

the rest usually has gumshoe's help unless it's just a logical deduction of some kind

also i still cant believe literally every attorney in this world seems to have a younger genki girl following them around
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:14 am

I googled genki, cause I didn't know what it ment. Urban dictionary has a couple suggestions, and I hope you mean energetic, not that they want to fuck squids. Because if you ment that option, the world of Ace Attorney is VERY different then I imagined.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Feb 01, 2016 11:53 am

I'm quite sure he meant energetic.

I've also played all three original games, but I haven't gotten to Apollo Justice, Investigations, or Dual Destinies yet.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:52 pm

I mean... I meant energetic but
knowing the characters in it? ...wouldn't be surprised with either

seriously tho. phoenix has maya in the trilogy and then also ema for a bit as well as pearl later on and apollo has trucy and there's also athena in dual destinies and edgey has the thief girl.... Good god

also: first AA game? okay, had some of the best moments in the series so far, last case was rly interesting. (and a total aj tie-in ofc) weird how you saw the culprit for the two first crimes tho like give me some suspense

second? better mechanically, two really cool cases and two eh cases... one of the coolest last cases, and. at least you only see the culprit for the first one, ok we're improving

third? a LOT better holy fuck, all of the cases are so interesting, you never actually see the culprit even tho it's kinda easy to guess, and the whole game is one big mystery

AJ? I went in with low expectations honestly because some people seemed to dislike it

...holy FUCK though it's so good so far

the first case left me speechless. that's saying something
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:12 pm

As far as I can remember, I enjoyed AJ more than I liked the third AA game, which is probably saying a lot since I really loved the original trilogy!

This was all a few years ago, but I think it was the freshness of everything, with all the new characters and gameplay a bit of mystery about the intermediate time that really got me pumped up. I think you have a lot to look forward to Very Happy

I'm partway through Dual Destinies because college keeps getting in the way, but I'm not really the biggest fan so far. The cases I've gone through as of now are kind of dull.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:19 pm

I've heard DD has like, one cool case and really cool gameplay improvements in general? But that the rest isn't actually that good

I'm personally hyped bc they said AA6 is gonna try to make things harder and ALSO TAKES PLACE IN KURAIN SOOOO MAYA MAYA MAYA MAYA

And ye so far AJ's showing a lot of promise, the animations are so good and it can really use the scientific stuff to its fullest

(also Ema is both a total bitch and even nicer than Gumshoe it is incredible)
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:32 pm

I'll be honest, I never played one of those games and I barely understand what the actual gameplay is about. I thought you just have to present the right evidence?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Mon Feb 01, 2016 4:56 pm

Well, there's investigation and trial parts. In the investigation you... investigate stuff and get evidence of the crime, move around, present things to people to convince them and just overall talk until you have everything you'll need for the trial.

During the trial, you cross-examine witnesses' testimonies by pressing them on statements and point out contradictions using evidence, as well as just overall present stuff to try and get your client innocent.

That's the basics of it but other games also have different stuff. Case 5 of AA and Apollo Justice both have a "scientific investigation" method, where you can dust for fingerprints in stuff and use luminol to search for blood traces, as well as examine full 3d models of objects for clues.

AA2 and on has a mechanic called Psychelocks, where you use a special charm to see when people are lying and do basically a cross-examination while out in the field, figuring out their secrets with evidence.

And Apollo Justice also has a special mechanic involving noticing the habits of other people - like how whenever someone thinks of the incidents in a certain night, they start scratching their neck, because they were hit in that spot during the event.

It's basically a complicated puzzle game in a way, you try to piece together what happened in the night of the crime and things become slowly more and more complex - to quote a certain rose-goggled scientist, "Why can't we have a normal, straightforward killing once in a while in this country!?"
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:15 pm

Yeah, puzzle games aren't my style, but hey, it seems you guys really enjoy them, so that's all that matters.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:26 pm

Yeah I love them just because of how ridiculously convoluted things get

And everything's so well animated too. it's gr8
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:28 pm

It's less "puzzle" and more "murder mystery", partially because literally every case involves a murder.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:30 pm

...point

it's like a murder mystery where u HAVE to figure out the mysteries kind of
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:00 pm

Isn't figuring out the mystery ALLWAYS the point of murder mystery?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:59 pm

What if you're the murderer
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:10 am

what if you're the VICTIM
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:52 am

What if you're BOTH?!?!?!
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:34 am

Then that's suicide
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Feb 02, 2016 3:48 pm

Case: Closed.
*puts on shades*
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next