Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Second Annual Secret Delibird--Christmukkah in December Edition

+14
Xaber
sournote103
NinteNerd
Dregadude
cephalopodAscendant
Gelatino
ilikeoctopus
d_what
Spark Eletran
Captain
tinning3
invisibleTerrarium
OverlordJ
phantasmalDexterity
18 posters

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Second Annual Secret Delibird--Christmukkah in December Edition - Page 8 Empty Re: Second Annual Secret Delibird--Christmukkah in December Edition

Post by invisibleTerrarium Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:57 pm

i have a very interesting moral dilemma. I swear to god this actually happened. For the purpose of this post, I will call the mon i was trying to get shiny drowzee, although i assure you it is not drowzee.

I want a shiny drowzee. I have been scouring the gts, but the only one i can find wants a zapdos.
I have a japanese drowzee, but i have failed to get shinies from it. I give up.
The next day, i find out that my friend obtained the shiny drowzee that was on the gts. He actually did give up his zapdos for it.
Cue this santa. The person has specifically requested a shiny drowzee.
I furiously begin masuda breeding to get a shiny drowzee.
I have failed to do so for a while.
Today, I received the shiny drowzee from my friend, because he wanted my shiny spinda. He does not know about this santa.
I dont want to disrespect my friend, but i now have this shiny drowzee that i also kind of want because it's fucking cool-looking. Should I keep this one for myself and breed another one, give it to my santa person, give them the japanese drowzee???? Aaaaugh
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Second Annual Secret Delibird--Christmukkah in December Edition - Page 8 Empty Re: Second Annual Secret Delibird--Christmukkah in December Edition

Post by d_what Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:21 pm

Personally speaking, I'd keep the drowzee as a mark of respect to your friend and then I'd keep going as a mark of respect to the giftee. Otherwise it's just easy come, easy go. But that's just me and you can of course disagree. I don't feel particularly strong about it.

(P.s. tip tip tip tip tippety tip might help, we don't know for sure)
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:47 pm

So um
basically
If the dude who got me wants to do the tradey thingy for my gift since I'll need to get it early I guess you could just contact me through PM when it's ready I guess

And meanwhile... I guess I should contact my giftee about it too?

Or should we wait till it's a bit closer since I'm only gonna be away after the 21st
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:16 pm

Yeah, I think wait another week.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:51 pm

Prolly not an entire week
But yeah by like the 18th or so it should be good right
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:10 am

I have a personal problem with people who give gifts they got away as gifts to other people, so I'd say keep it and try to breed another one.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:47 pm

whoever has me doesn't need to have theirs ready until the 28th or 29th. unless you already have it ready and want to give it to my before the 22nd??? tbh, i'd rather receive it later than sooner though.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:51 pm

I just finished training my gift today. Horde EV training is so much faster than Super Training, by the way.

Now to go catch a delibird to give away to whoever has me.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:11 pm

Ohhh yeah I meant to do that. But I ended up using said Delibird in a breeding experiment.
It did not go well...

P.S guys I'm getting really angsty, I haven't bred a Pokemon in basically FOREVER and I don't think I can take it much longer! So I think if I really can't resist I'll breed a Haxorus. Or a Mandibuzz. Something useful but kinda obscure. So if you're my gifter and you're doing one of these guys speak up now (via someone else) or forever hold your peace!!
Team building is hard Sad
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:08 am

I have three boxes full of non-shiny "drowzees"
Is this what it feels like to be a competitive breeder
I dont like it
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:04 pm

No, because competitive breeders wouldn't be going after a shiny and would generally stop at 2 boxes average, maybe less nowadays. What you're feeling are the blues of a collector who has a lot of work to do.

That's not an ellipsis, those are the periods you forgot to add to your post Razz
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:51 pm

ok, so apparently we won't be travelling for Christmas after all, and i will be able to give my present at the same time as everyone else.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:47 pm

i'm going for a shiny gift because i'm literally doing nothing else with my game
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaber Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:37 am

I'm going away for a few days from Christmas Day and I won't have any internet; if my SS wants to do the trade over the next two days, that'd be great, but I'm fine getting t later on as well.
Xaber
Xaber
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:35 am

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year my SD.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:53 pm

I have the rest of the week off from work, so I'll be around. But i prefer if my SS recipient got their gift earlier rather than later, just so i won't have to worry about obligation and whatnot. Plus, it's been sitting on my cartridge for days now and no one's been around to look at the nickname and laugh at it.

So, to achieve this effect, I'm calling you out, Drega.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:24 pm

i hope my recipient shows up for christmas.  he hasn't posted in a while (november 13 to be exact)
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:37 pm

Woo! I'm on the Chatbox and will try to check it regularly for the next day or something, so hopefully I'll see you there and we can do this.

Gelatino wrote:i hope my recipient shows up for christmas.  he hasn't posted in a while (november 13 to be exact)

Same, I haven't seen my recipient on in a long time. I saw him/her online in the game recently though. Maybe I'll catch him/her there again.

He/she will be so excited with his/her new Pokemon he/she will be unable to contain himself/herself.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:14 am

I don't think my recipient will be too hard to chase down, but I don't have my gift ready quite yet, so they'll have to wait a little longer.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:12 am

sorry. i went out drinking tonight.

i will be online via pokemon in a moment. and maybe chatbox.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:11 am

Got my present from HP. Reaction will wait until everyone has their gifts.

With that, I guess it's time to call out my recipient... Air12473, if you see this, you're my man! Be online on X/Y sometime or post your availability. Right now my schedule's pretty flexible but there's no guarantee I'll be able to check my 3DS throughout the day.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:08 am

So generally we're waiting until tomorrow for this right? Cool, cool. I've seen my recipient on often enough so that's okay. It's funny, over the course of playing Y I get gradually more aware of where everyone's living, because of how everybody pops up at certain times of the day, and who I intersect with more often.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:05 am

Hhhhhhhhhhhh MY GIFT IS STILL NOT READY I HAVE SHIT LUCK IF I DONT GET YOU EXACTLY WHAT YOU WANTED IM SORRY D:
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:13 am

it who are you talking to

R u talking to me
 R u, talking, to me
U mus be talking 2 me
Cus theres noboby else here
Punk

Razz
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:54 am

I know who iT is talking to so I can assure you, he's not talking to u.

My SS gift is about ready. I will have to revise the move set and nickname first, but then I'm done.
I've already got my gift, but my SD forgot to name it. Sad
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next