Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The In-Game PokéProject Thread!

+10
ilikeoctopus
phantasmalDexterity
OverlordJ
Dregadude
Gelatino
NinteNerd
tinning3
Sandstriker
cephalopodAscendant
d_what
14 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

The In-Game PokéProject Thread! - Page 8 Empty Re: The In-Game PokéProject Thread!

Post by d_what Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:46 pm

After four (maybe?? Hard to count.) days I have my timid HA hidden power ice Abra Very Happy I guess it was easier to do than Eevee but it seemed harder somehow. Probably because I did it over holidays so I wasn't paying attention. Hidden power ice is way easier than hidden power fire anyway. (30 def instead of 30 sp.atk AND 30 speed)

I think I'll do Mandibuzz next. Mandibuzz is awesome this gen. Too awesome. I can't decide on a set to use Sad too many awesome moves!
I'm gonna call mine Wilma. Or maybe Betty. But probably Wilma.
(P.S Samson is a good nickname for male Mawile)
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

The In-Game PokéProject Thread! - Page 8 Empty Re: The In-Game PokéProject Thread!

Post by NinteNerd Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:56 pm

what's different about mandibuzz this gen? all i can think that different is a release of the HA, which is... Weak Armor and really crappy for mandibuzz???

also mine's name will be Polnareff
i have a reason shut up
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:19 pm

Mandibuzz's Hidden Ability was available in B2W2: one appeared each Thursday at Route 4 in Black 2 (White 2 got a Braviary each Monday instead). So whatever makes Mandibuzz more interesting in Gen VI, that's not it.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:03 am

Well, there's been some small things. Mandibuzz's STABS are no longer resisted by steel types, that's important. Overcoat blocks sleep powder and spore, too. Defog was buffed, Knock Off was buffed... But all of these things are very niche and situational and anyway it gained a weakness. But mainly it's been a meta change. Mamdibuzz has always been a statistically good pokemon, but the game itself wasn't suited to it. Now it is, a bit like how nothing changed for Azumarill last gen but it was still better than in 4th. Also, the dark/ghost buff is important. Ghost is now the most dangerous attack type, only resisted by Normal and Dark; Normal types, bar a select few, (five ish) are terrible, and dark types are typically frail, and anyway both are weak to Fighting coverage. Buy Mandibuzz is a reliably bulky dark type that is neutral to fighting! That's a great niche nowadays, what with Gengar and Aegislash.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:26 am

Mandibuzz is a fantastic counter to Aegislash, Gegar, and Trevenant, which is why it has become horrendously popular.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:08 pm

i've seen it once :u

mandibuzz has reeeeally bad attack though, so unresisted STAB isn't as much of a boost as it is a convenience, imo. although the buffed Knock Off does tend to hurt a surprising amount for base 65 atk...
but immunity to sleeping moves is definitely a big boon. i had to look up Defog's new mechanics, but hhooooolly cow, that is indeed the dream support move. i'm in no kind of touch with the "metagame", but i do notice things are...different. i think. it may just be my changing playstyle, but i find it far easier to fit in a boost move in this gen more than anything. and that OHKO's are far less common, though it feels even moves that didn't have power cut aren't hitting as hard as they used to...
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:01 pm

Yeah, her attack stat is dismal. But Knock Off is used for chip damage and the effect, Foul Play is what you use for actual damage. And it's based on the OPPONENT's attack and still gets STAB! 'Course, it's useless against special attackers, but besides a few exceptions Mandi has no reason to be fighting special attackers. She's a physical wall.

Seriously though how do I pick moves :/ 10MSS or what! Knock off, foul play, roost, taunt, defog, whirlwind, toxic. They all have different things they take down. Normally this would be a "team needs" choice, but... It's not for a team :0
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:23 pm

i have to learn to stop going against mandibuzz with my dusclops

knocks off the eviolite
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:18 pm

So my current project (apart from getting the Gens II-V starters, which is going quite well at this point) is getting rid of all the Zubats I got while preparing my gift for the Secret Santa. At this point I've Wonder Traded all of the 3-IV and lower ones, but I kept the rest to offer to y'all if you want them. They should all know Brave Bird, and many will have Infiltrator. Try to let me know by Wednesday if you want one; after that point I'll probably just send the rest out on Wonder Trade.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8