Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gelatino's fakemon

+4
muffinz
OverlordJ
Dregadude
Gelatino
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Gelatino's fakemon Empty Gelatino's fakemon

Post by Gelatino Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:28 pm

This is where I'll post my fakemon as I make them.  This post will be updated every time I post a new one.

Premory
Helimaw, Coprisaw

Last edited by Gelatino on Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Gelatino's fakemon Empty Re: Gelatino's fakemon

Post by Gelatino Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:32 pm

Premory - The Armor Chick pokemon
Artwork:

Type: Steel/Flying
Height: 3’05" (fully grown)
Weight: 40.1 lb
Abilities: Keen Eye or Sturdy
Egg group: Undiscovered
Egg cycles: 26
Color: Gray
Catch rate: 150
Gender ratio: 50/50
EV yield: 1 Def

Evolves into Skarmory with high Happiness
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:51 pm

I remember this little guy! I never have good ideas for Fakemon, and if I did I wouldn't be able to design anything good.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:55 pm

The reason I made this thread is because I want a nice little compendium of all the fakemon I make in case I end up making a hackrom in the future. My goal is to have 151 pokemon so I can replace everything in Kanto for a FR/LG hack.
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:14 pm

That's pretty awesome.

Hmm, maybe I'll make a thread like this someday, too.

I WAS sort of planning on trying to get better at drawing stuff and I definatly like to design things...
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:37 pm

Last night I had a dream that gave me an idea for a new batch of pokemon for my game:

Robotic versions of the starter pokemon

There will be one for each starter; they'll be steel/water, steel/fire, and steel/grass. They'll only be available to you in the post-game, and they won't appear anywhere else in the entire game. They won't be found wild, and there will be no trainers with them. It'll be like a secret bonus thing that only you can have. They'll be more powerful than the normal starters and it'll be really cool.

I got this idea because for some reason I had a dream about a robotic mudkip called Mechamudkip. I can't remember the context though.
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:00 pm

S0 I HEARD Y0U LIKE MECHAMUDKIP

Spoiler:
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:25 pm

This hackrom is gonna rule hard

It's gonna take a really long time to make artwork and sprites for 151 pokemon, though. I'm determined to do it by myself, though.
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:30 pm

Maaaan where are the stats

The stats are like the best part

Also if you're making a Skarmory prevolution you need to make one fom Mantine too. They are counterparts after all.
Here have some stats for them.
the skarmory thingamajig:  55/65/105/20/50/50 (345)
the mantinory thingamajig: 55/20/50/65/105/50 (345)

Also should those mechastarter things really only be found post-game? There is not very much to do after beating the E4+1 in FR/LG, and I sure as heck wouldn't ever consider training up a new team member just for the Sevii Islands, Cerulean Cave, and the E4+1 rematch. There's just not enough left to do to justify training it. I'd think they'd fit best as being found fairly late in the game, maybe after you have six or so badges, and they're difficult to find in some out-of-the-way corner of a route or dungeon. Maybe in the Cinnabar Mansion; that's just before the seventh badge, you could easily hide them in a really hard-to-reach area, and you could have an in-story justification for their existance-- like, maybe that they were another experiment the scientists did, or something? I always thought it was weird how the mansion didn't seem to serve any purpose but making Mewtwo. Heck, you could even have the regular encounters in there be other "modified" Pokèmon. Why not? I thought the Chimera enemies were one of the most interesting parts of Mother 3, and having a whole dungeon full of catchable, trainable things like them would be so cool.

Also I think if you're going to make starters from a certain generation be part Steel it should be the second gen ones, because they're all mono-typed so you don't have to completely remove one of their types. The Bulbasaur line's Poison typing isn't all that important, but I can't really imagine a Charizard losing its Flying type and becoming vulnerable to Ground again(x4 weak to it, at that).
no I am not just saying this because I don't like the Kanto starters all that much, why do you ask?
Anyway I made some stats. These are for the Johto starters, but making them for the Kanto starters instead would only take a simple little bit of rearranging(or, no rearranging at all in typlosion/charizard's case). Here you go:
The meganium one: 81/92/110/91/101/80 (555)
The typhlosion one: 78/90/90/123/85/89 (555)
The feraligatr one: 85/123/109/80/82/76 (555)
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:38 pm

muffinz wrote:Maaaan where are the stats

The stats are like the best part

Also if you're making a Skarmory prevolution you need to make one fom Mantine too. They are counterparts after all.
Here have some stats for them.
the skarmory thingamajig:  55/65/105/20/50/50 (345)
the mantinory thingamajig: 55/20/50/65/105/50 (345)

OKAY FIRST HOW ARE YOU SO GOOD AT DOING STATS stats are like the worst

Also Jynx says hi she's still mad she doesn't evolve :c

Plus, Mantine... already... has a canon pre-evo. So... Huh...?

I do agree that the mechastarters are cool though and should be the second gen's cause MECHAPHLOSION DO WANT
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:46 pm

i have to agree with spark, coming up with exact stats is the worst silent 

muffinz, you could just give charizard levitate. i mean, blaze is the tradition, but it's not like it's crucial or defining.
but hopy shit mechodile yes.

i wonder how long til' someone makes a fakemon[and/or fusion] general thread. discussing/creating fakemon is fun.
Spoiler:
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:51 pm

Hehe, yes, I know about mantyke. I was sort of semi-joking there. Also, I think mantyke's stats are better the way I wrote them there as opposed to how they are in canon Pokèmon games, so I was half-jokingly giving myself an excuse to come up with better stats for it. I probably should have made it more clear I was joking??? Like, wrote those couple of lines in my usual semi-joking sarcasm tone that involves making long run-on sentences and ending them with too much punctuation and also punctuation that doesn't make sense???

Also what are you talking about Sparkler, stats are the best. I love coming up with stats. That's probably most of the reason why I've taken such an interest in that Sburbmon thing, because it lets me create almost all the stats for every Pokèmon in a 151-ish(or more???)-sized Pokèdex. I've basically got a monopoly on stat-making in that thread because nobody likes it as much as me!
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:59 pm

Mantine has pretty weird stats.  It's got boss special defense but not a whole lot else going for it.

And I already made stats for Premory, but I forgot to post them.  Oops!  Let me go grab those from my tumblr

HP: 60
Atk: 45
Def: 95
SpA: 20
SpD: 60
Spe: 50

gotta agree with muffinz, base stats are one of the best parts of making fakemon
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:13 pm

Gelatino wrote:
gotta agree with muffinz, base stats are one of the best parts of making fakemon

i think what we have here is a definitive way to tell apart a right-brainer and a left-brainer :notsureifmspa:
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Sun Jul 21, 2013 6:15 pm

No how about good brain and bad brain

mspa
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:10 pm

Gelatino wrote:Mantine has pretty weird stats.  It's got boss special defense but not a whole lot else going for it.

And I already made stats for Premory, but I forgot to post them.  Oops!  Let me go grab those from my tumblr

HP: 60
Atk: 45
Def: 95
SpA: 20
SpD: 60
Spe: 50

Hm. Those work too, but after Defense, Attack is Skarmory's best stat, and it makes a bit more sense to have the stats usually be in the same order, aside from special cases? Ehh, whatever, both options work.
Oh, also, are you going to be changing the stats of any existing Pokèmon?
Oh, and also what are your thoughts on the ideas I proposed for your mecha-starter thing? Are doing kanto or johto starters? Does cinnabar mansion sound like a good place for them? Do the stats look good? If we're sticking with kanto starters here's the rearranged stats by the way:

...Actually wait I'm going to edit the meganium's and feraligatr's stats first. Here.
The meganium one: 85/91/110/92/101/76 (555)
The typhlosion one: 78/90/90/123/85/89 (555)
The feraligatr one: 89/123/109/80/84/70 (555)

And then the rearranged stats:
The venusaur one: 85/91/92/110/101/76 (555)
The charizard one: 78/90/90/123/85/89 (555)
The blastoise one: 80/84/123/89/109/70 (555)
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:16 pm

I like how you kept Mechrizard and... Mchplosion???'s stats the same like they are in the normal versions

damn with the 10-character limit names for some of them could be a pain in the ass, SPECIALLY mecha-Typhlosion
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:32 pm

I like the way you think muffinz. Though the sevii islands are a pretty significant post-game plot, the mechastarters would probably fit better before the elite four.

But since the hackrom i'm planning is going to be entirely filled with my own pokemon, I was hoping to make mecha versions of my own starters? Not sure if you remembered that part. I like the stats you made for those other starters though.

I like the idea of the mechastarters being in the pokemon mansion, though. That place is big and annoying and I feel it needs some other purpose for being there. Perhaps I'll make the starters only found on the bottom floor, with a very low encounter rate. Or I might even just have their poke balls laying on a table like when you first choose your starter, so that you get to pick one without searching for it.

Idk, this stuff is a long way off in the future. I like the idea of chimera-style pokemon, though. Mother 3 rules. I was actually planning some chimera stuff for my forum adventure, drawing direct inspiration from mother 3 (I already draw inspiration from pretty much everything else I like so it'll fit right in)
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:58 pm

though 151 is the default number for a region, do remember that gen2 only has 100 pokemon, and it was a great gen. true it was also combined with gen1, but it's just a bit for thought since making 100 designs is significantly less daunting than making 150 designs.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:07 pm

It's not really so much about how many unique designs I do; it's more about how much I have to fill up the region. You're right, Johto only introduced 100 pokemon, but like you said, there were also lots of kanto pokemon in the region. Cutting down the number of species in the region by 1/3 would severely reduce the diversity of the game (especially when you consider that most of those 151 pokemon are part of an evolution chain; the number of chains is a lot lower than 151)

It may take years, but i'm gonna design all these pokemon somehow.
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:11 pm

Ohhhh, the starters and mechastarters are going to be fakemon too? I knew it was gonna be a fakemon-filled hack but I was under the impresstion you were using the regular kanto starters for the mechastarters, even if you didn't directly state it. So will the mechastarters be made from the same set of starters as the regular starters, the ones you choose from at the beginning of the game, or what? It almost feels a little bit redundant to have them be the same set of starters, if that's what you were planning. Maybe the regular starters could be your fakemon starters, and the mechastarters could be made from real starters? I dunno I just really like the idea of partially-robotified johto starters, their designs and all just work well for it I think.
As for how you find them, maybe a well-hidden guy in the deepest part of the mansion would let you take one of them as a gift, then the other two can be found somewhere post-game? That makes your choice important while still letting you get all three eventually.

Yeah, Pokèmon chimeras sounds really cool. I actually got the idea from that one time in one of the old MSPAforums Pokèmon threads where I made some of Mother 3's chimeras out of Pokèmon sprites. Stuff like this:
Spoiler:
Man having most of cannabar mansion's encounters being stuff like the stuff in the spoiler would just be so awesome c:

I dunno, the idea of like, modified animals just intrigues me a lot for some reason. The concept is just so fascinating to me, so sorry if I sound like I'm going crazy over the idea.

So your fanadventure is going to incorporate stuff like that at some point? Well I guess I'd better go ahead and check it out now. I was planning to read it at some point anyway!

EDIT: Waaait a second. You've implied, if not outright stated, that everything in the whole region will be a fakemon, but you've made a Skarmory pre-evolution. If you include that, won't you have to include regular Skarmory as well?
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:22 pm

Well yeah, if I plan to include Premory then Skarmory will be obligatory.  I may end up including just a few evolutions/prevolutions, but not enough to be incredibly significant.

The more I think about it, the more I think you're right that the mechastarters should be made from existing starters.  And I like the idea of choosing one and having the others available later, probably in the Sevii islands.  Thanks for the ideas!

And yeah, Ripe for Conquest is gonna have all kinds of crazy science.  In fact, there's gonna be a whole entourage of genetically-engineered freaks of nature. Don't tell anybody I said this, but there are going to be lots of aliens.  So far there's only one in the story, but they're going to become very significant soon.
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:36 pm

I'm working on two water pokemon based on Helicoprion, which was brought up in the late pokemon thread

In the meantime, though, I was thinking of making a flying-type line based on stealth aircraft, namely the B-2 Spirit and the F-117 Nighthawk. Thoughts?
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:46 pm

Flying/Ghost would be awesome. Or maybe Steel/Ghost with Levitate? It should be able to learn a lot of Fire type moves, and like Bullet Seed or something.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:53 pm

Maybe even just pure flying? Until I get some more ideas, I'm gonna be a bit hesitant about slapping on random types

Besides, we don't have enough pure flying types
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next