Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat: The Smashening

+12
ilikeoctopus
Captain
Xaber
phantasmalDexterity
muffinz
cephalopodAscendant
kotakun
d_what
invisibleTerrarium
Dregadude
Hanky Panky
OverlordJ
16 posters

Page 38 of 41 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41  Next

Go down

General Chat: The Smashening - Page 38 Empty Re: General Chat: The Smashening

Post by Hanky Panky Sat Sep 20, 2014 9:29 pm

Ayyy lemme get one of these portraits. You just draw me the best you can.

If someone will gather up the new roster info I will edit it into my OP with titles in the other thread. I'm still at work right now though.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sat Sep 20, 2014 10:59 pm

Yeeees I set up stuff and got the demo!

...and I guess you guys are making smash characters of yourselves now? Which I totally would want to do (octopus themed!) but I should really really do homework after maybe a match or two of the demo.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:01 pm

General Chat: The Smashening - Page 38 Cb6qb
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:08 pm

Okay, now I'm confused. That gif is upside-down, but the watermark and text are right-side-up.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:57 pm

i made it upside down on purpose that time
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:02 am

I guess the question is, why?
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:15 am

because why the fuck would you not want to enter a battle completely disregarding the laws of gravity?
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:22 am

cephalopodAscendant wrote:I guess the question is, why?

It a meta joke on how whenever i try to post an image on here it always comes out upside down. So I made it upside down on purpose this time. Alternate answer: its a metaphor
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:47 am

Sorry to interupt Smash talk, but I'm thinking about selling some old games I don't play anymore and that I don't mind selling. With this money I'll be spending most of it on the mash bros*, and put some aside for AS.
However, I also think that with any left over money I might buy White 2, because from what i've heard about it it's actually not that bad, and I've wanted to see what the deal is with that fusion Kyurem.

I just wanted to ask people, considering there's a new upcoming pokemon game anyway, is White 2 worth playing based on the story/ features alone? Even with global link gone? I'm tempted to get it for the legendaries alone, since I'm missing most of the Gen 3 ones, but obv that could be gotten in AS.

*Keeping that typo in
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:31 am

Honestly?

It's better than BW. But personally I wouldn't play it again. The story only goes so far before being just a better BW clone and I really don't like Unova much, frankly, I'd much rather be in Kalos. Or hell, Johto; in a lot of ways HGSS had more charm. I think the reason I don't like Unova is it's basically charmless. If you want it for the legendaries then fair enough; I doubt we'll get most of them in ORAS since it IS the most recent game besides XY, or if you're the kind of person who can enjoy older Pokemon games then go for it. But on a scale of Pokemon games I've played, it's somewhere near the bottom. (BW/FRLG are my least favourites)

General Chat: The Smashening - Page 38 Smash10General Chat: The Smashening - Page 38 Smash11General Chat: The Smashening - Page 38 Daveis12General Chat: The Smashening - Page 38 Daveis11General Chat: The Smashening - Page 38 Smash12

I have no regrets. Also, I no longer have to worry about stylistic dissonance. In so far as it's something that we could possibly miss.
(Octi and cA should tag team for an event match! THINK OF ALL THE TENTACLES)
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:16 am

I'm actually playing through B1 to get Tornadus. Just for that though, I'm skipping every dialogue and i'm gonna rush through with one pokemon. It worked for my girlfriend in SS, and she's never played pokemon before or since.

Anyway, turns out that out of 5 legendaries that I'm missing, only 3 of them can be gotten on 1 version, and you need both to get the last 2. So I might wait to see if AS gives me all of them or the same split choice before getting it. I agree with unova being charmless though. Out of all the games, it's got the least colourful palatte to it, and it doesn't really appeal to me. Most of all though, I hate how dated nintendo have made the entire games, since the lack of global link now prevents use of the entire bottom screen gimmick and various other features. At least X/Y have menu functionality and super training and Amie to make up for the lack of the PSS when that eventually happens. </BW_CGEAR_RANT>

I wish I could draw nearly as good as those... I can give it a try, but I doubt it'll be up to the same par.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:48 pm

Charmless? That's the word I've been looking for... A lot of things in gen5 felt a bit mashed together; my opinion is that B2/W2 isn't really all that worth playing if you've already gotten through B/W and since newer games have come out/are coming out. I don't really recall much of the storyline at all, take that for what it's worth I guess.

As for the smash moves bandwagon, I shall hop onto it!

Spoiler:
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:09 pm

Heheh. There sure are a disproportionately large number of cephalopods in this game, but nobody's complaining! Cuttlefish are easily in my top 10 favourite animals. All this seems to warrant some sort of octopus Assist trophy. And also probably a watery stage, maybe even two because, y'know, Sharpedo.
EDIT:
Spoiler:

OH DON'T FORGET YOUR FINAL SMASH!

--question, is anyone here going for a roster character that ISN'T a smashified version of themselves? Not that that's a bad thing. I'm just wondering. Because we can do other stuff too if it reflects you well enough, symbolically speaking (inb4 everyone wants to be a dragon or something, not what I meant)

Last edited by d_what on Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:42 pm

ooh ooh i wanna be a dragon
i have no clue what id do as a dragon or why in the world id even be a dragon to begin with but dragons are cool so there
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:13 pm

D_, would you mind smashifying a photo of me? I can't draw for shit.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:29 pm

I can try I guess? No promises though, especially regarding time. I am SO busy this year. It's just... I'm also super easy to distract. Neutral I should do something RIGHT NOW really...

Kotakun how can you be a dragon when you are also all of the animes :O Because you are all of the animes yes? Even the future ones that don't even have a pilot yet?
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:43 pm

RANDOMIZED EMERALD NUZLOCKES ARE PAINFUL I AM SO GLAD I ADDED THE COUNTER CLAUSE BECAUSE THE DUDE WHO'S SUPPOSED TO HAVE A SKILL SWAPPING SLAKING BROUGHT OUT A SLAKING WITH A DIFFERENT SET WITH COUNTER AND ONESHOTTED MY METAGROSS
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:07 pm

d_what wrote:Kotakun how can you be a dragon when you are also all of the animes :O Because you are all of the animes yes? Even the future ones that don't even have a pilot yet?
well if i am all the animus then if any anime is a dragon then i must also be a dragon thats like one of the basic set theory rules
good thing im not all mangos because we all should know that a mango is a fish and dragons are not fish
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:55 pm

This ought to be a decent smash bros portrait. I can't shrink it on mobile though. So it's in spoiler tag.
Spoiler:
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:26 pm

*PALM*
>
>
>
*FACE*

Hanky. The whole idea of a cropped headshot. Is the idea. THAT THERE IS SOMETHING TO BE CROPPED. If I was to straight-up paint over that and paste it into the smashy-window, it would be a terribly overlarge malaligned (damn, that is a good word I just used) face with no space or aesthetic value whatsoever. For a start, how do we even know what the top of your head looks like??? Also imma need a basic description of your outfit/armor/zoot suit etc for positioning purposes.

it's hard being the arty equivalent of your family/neighbour's tech guy

it's hard

and nobody understands
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:06 pm

By the way, idk if we mentioned this or not here, but me and Drega have a Let's Play Channel together! After a long summer of not recording any episodes for reasons we're now back to recording again, so yeah, if you wanna support the channel, please go and watch! Currently the quality is a little bit crappy, but starting from the next episodes I'm going to upload, I'm using Sony Vegas to edit, so it looks a little nicer and has borders and a better intro and stuff.

We have three sub channels on the overall channel, Cap'n'Dude, which is just me and Drega playing games. We each have one series running at a time.

Then we have a third series running called Cap'n'Dude'n'Friends, where someone from Quarrantine comes along for the ride too. The only series currently running for that has Spark in it, but if anyone wants to do one then all you'll need is Skype, which I appreciate does take out a few people, but it's what we use to record, so yeah.

Finally, a series which is still kinda in the concepting phase, but which will probably be a Versus/Multiplayer series, mostly using Steam for now because none of us have Capture Boards or w/e theyre called on our 3DSes.

But yeah, please take a look if you're at all interested! We could use the views Razz

Plus all the games so far are Nintendo, and we're mostly going to continue with that until we've cleared up the list of Nintendo games I wanna play. After that there will probably be a Steam period because I have loads of games there that I need to play. After that who knows.

Captain out.

Last edited by Captain on Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:25 pm

I enjoy seeing that Pignite. It makes me happy. Mostly 'cause I'm pretty sure I named it??? I'm nearly certain I suggested Scoville to Drega? In any case, it's kinda like being a godparent to a kid, except instead of a kid its a fiery bacon wrestler.

I'd comment more only I haven't *actually* watched the videos yet...

EDIT: omg why do accents make me crack up so hard??? Like... you both speak the same language, but WOW heheh "an Ay with a dut on the tup" "Oh the AY with the DOHT on the TOHP" rofl sorry I should not find this as funny as I do BUT I DO Very Happy Very Happy I can't talk, (both metaphor and literally), not when my accent varies from culchie bogger to american midwest newscaster in seconds...

EDIT: Damn. This is what I get for not checking out the links I get when I google for word existence.

Last edited by d_what on Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:05 pm

I guess I can take a better photo. My smash character will be wearing a teal button-down and khaki shorts. And of course, my aviator shades. Also, it's misaligned.
better? :
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:37 am

wow wow this is a rly cool discussion you guys are having and I definitely want in! I think I might just enter as my main character from my (abandoned) forum adventure (link's in the sig as usual). I'll draw up a battle sprite when i get a chance, but for now he looks something like this.

General Chat: The Smashening - Page 38 0364_alfred_ready
ALFRED ANANAS: donut underestimate him!

No idea on moves yet, but I have a few ideas for alt costumes.

Spoiler:

By the way, as Spark mentioned earlier I think, I'm back in college now and the last week (and many weeks to come) was/will be very rough. I'll try to visit more though, promise! I did not intend to disappear for a full month, sorry about that. :c
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:59 pm

holy shit kotakun what the hell is your avatar
related: hi drega!!!
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down