Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat: The Smashening

+12
ilikeoctopus
Captain
Xaber
phantasmalDexterity
muffinz
cephalopodAscendant
kotakun
d_what
invisibleTerrarium
Dregadude
Hanky Panky
OverlordJ
16 posters

Page 30 of 41 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 41  Next

Go down

General Chat: The Smashening - Page 30 Empty Re: General Chat: The Smashening

Post by kotakun Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:23 pm

now which of the following do you think will happen first the new 3dss come out in the us i finally get one either old or new or the pokemon series of games will end personally my money is on that last one and not because i think itll end soon
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Aug 30, 2014 5:12 pm

Might as well tell you guys since it's relevant at the moment.

"It's time for another giveaway. This time we're giving away 60 fully EV trained Adamant 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe 31/31/31/x/31/31 Mold Breaker Excadrill with Iron Head and Stealth Rocks!

Continuing our recent trend of giveaways of Pokemon hard to get in XY, we have an Excadrill with useful move tutor attacks! This Excadrill comes equipped knowing Earthquake, Iron Head, Rapid Spin, and Stealth Rock in an effort to give you the most flexibility on deciding what its final moveset will be. Check the Smogon Pokedex for some suggestions:http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/excadrill

Here's how to participate:
-Catch a Magikarp if you don't have a spare already. You can find Magikarp 100% of the time fishing with an old rod off of Route 22.
-Connect to the GTS and Click "Deposit Pokemon"
-Select your Magikarp, then click "Deposit"
-Set the Pokemon you want in return as Excadrill
-(Note, if you haven't seen Excadrill in your Pokedex yet, you can scroll down the bottom of the alphabetized list of Pokemon and manually enter its name instead)
-Specify you want it to be Female and Level 51-60
-Edit the message portion to to say "I can dig it"
-Click "Deposit with these conditions"

After that, we'll give 60 random GTS offers Excadrill! We only have one distributor this time around who will give updates on how many Excadrill are left and announce when the giveaway is over. 

Additionally, since often the earliest bird to the giveaway get neglected the most under a sea of other requests, we suggest that you periodically (maybe every 5 minutes or so) take your magikarp off of the GTS and redeposit it to raise it to the front of the GTS query. We'd like to service the earliest participants first for these giveaways, but with the sheer volume of pokemon that get uploaded sending early birds to the back, it's a massive hassle."

Edit: And I just got one. So the odds aren't TERRIBLE. Still wish I could have got last week's Latios though... 
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sun Aug 31, 2014 12:42 pm

Hey HP, there's a Weird Thing happening when I'm on mobile. I can't log in. I enter my stuff correctly, and it tells me that the invisibleTerrarium account is logged in and online, but I'm still a guest and can't post anything.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:27 pm

i'll see if i can log you out remotely. you might have to close out your mobile browser entirely and delete the cache then try again.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:11 pm

Tiers are out for the last three months! Kinda weird how the most used Mega (that isn't Scizor or Tyranitar, but they don't HAVE to be megas...) is relatively low. Meanwhile, Landorus is annoyingly high. I dislike Landorus. I am completely incapable of walling it reliably ever. >Sad Stupid lousy Sheer Force boosted Sludgewaves/Psychics! Meanwhile Therian just keeps popping in and out of battle with its stupid Intimidate bulk and immunities and U-turn and coverage.

[ltr]Landorus-Therian | 22.280% |
| 2 | Heatran | 21.341% |
| 3 | Azumarill | 19.235% |
| 4 | Rotom-Wash | 18.779% |
| 5 | Keldeo | 17.600% |
| 6 | Latios | 17.469% |
| 7 | Tyranitar | 16.764% |
| 8 | Excadrill | 16.696% |
| 9 | Scizor | 16.081% |
| 10 | Ferrothorn | 15.485% |
| 11 | Thundurus | 15.346% |
| 12 | Talonflame | 15.252% |
| 13 | Latias | 13.707% |
| 14 | Charizard | 13.322% |
| 15 | Greninja | 13.000% |
| 16 | Garchomp | 12.283% |
| 17 | Bisharp | 12.036% |
| 18 | Clefable | 11.872% |
| 19 | Venusaur | 11.021% |
| 20 | Skarmory | 10.267% |
| 21 | Landorus | 10.063% |
| 22 | Pinsir | 9.879% |
| 23 | Dragonite | 9.656% |
| 24 | Chansey | 8.757% |
| 25 | Breloom | 8.667% |
| 26 | Mawile | 8.224% |
| 27 | Gardevoir | 8.080% |
| 28 | Medicham | 7.679% |
| 29 | Gengar | 7.654% |
| 30 | Gyarados | 7.501% |
| 31 | Terrakion | 7.364% |
| 32 | Gliscor | 7.325% |
| 33 | Conkeldurr | 7.130% |
| 34 | Mamoswine | 6.764% |
| 35 | Magnezone | 5.861% |
| 36 | Manectric | 5.639% |
| 37 | Heracross | 5.639% |
| 38 | Kyurem-Black | 5.591% |
| 39 | Mandibuzz | 5.364% |
| 40 | Zapdos | 5.274% |
| 41 | Sylveon | 4.775% |
| 42 | Mew | 4.415% |
| 43 | Aegislash | 4.376% |
| 44 | Slowbro | 3.741% |
| 45 | Gothitelle | 3.735% |[/ltr]

Aegislash and Mawile will fall of the list next time around. Espeon and Amoongus just missed the cut.

I wish I had more OU viable legendaries Sad Especially Mew. I'd love a stallbreaker Mew, it looks like a blast to use (Will O Wisp/Taunt/Softboiled|Roost/Knock Off). Outside of Megas and legendaries I have actually run out of things to train!
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:50 pm

Wait, really? You've trained EVERYTHING?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:36 pm

OJ DID YOU HEAR THAT THEY'RE REPRINTING THE ONSLAUGHT FETCHLANDS IN THE WEDGE KHANS SET

I MAY ACTUALLY BE ABLE TO TRADE/BUY MY WAY INTO MODERN ONE DAY. considering zoo is pretty cheap outside of fetches/tarmogoyf (fuck that guy though, $150 each is stupid)

OH OH OH AND GURREN LAGANN IS BACK ON NETFLIX STREAMING

TODAY IS SO GOOD
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:57 pm

Well, okay, from the list of OU pokemon (bear in mind Viability rankings are more useful when picking Pokemon than usage stats are), and excluding Megas (because they're not wholly interesting and using one means I can't use another; too much competition and I love my Venusaur too much anyway) and Legendaries, the Pokemon I haven't trained are:

| 17 | Bisharp | 12.036% |
| 20 | Skarmory | 10.267% |
| 24 | Chansey | 8.757% |
| 33 | Conkeldurr | 7.130% |
| 35 | Magnezone | 5.861% |
| 41 | Sylveon | 4.775% |
| 44 | Slowbro | 3.741% |
| 45 | Gothitelle | 3.735% |[/ltr]

Of those, none are top-tier, but that's not the only problem.

Bisharp: Can't yet. Knock Off is a tutor move.

Skarmory: Great pokemon, but terribly passive, and in any case I can't train it because Defog isn't a tutor move (yet!). OUT.

Chansey: Is not really all that good. It's ONLY use is on full stall teams because it's so incredibly passive. On stall teams its great, but otherwise, once it stops a special sweeper from sweeping... THEN what does it do? Snore: Not interested.

Conkeldurr: Can't. Tutor moves are too important.

Magnezone: This is really the only one I feel iffy about. Magnezone isn't GREAT but it is GOOD and I do like it. But... it really wants Hidden Power and is a genderless Pokemon, which makes it really really tough to breed. I have all the parents necessary (including Modest Magnemites with 30 speed, one with 30 sp.atk, and a 6IV ditto) but it's still tough and you don't get a super useful Pokemon out of it like you do for Rotom.

Sylveon: lol Sylveon is terrible. I already have a Clefable and I'd rather breed another Clefable than a Sylveon. The only thing Sylveon does better is a Choice Specs set, and even then...

Slowbro: Okay. To be honest, Slowbro is really a great Pokemon and it should be higher in usage. But. I have a RIDICULOUS amount of bulky water Pokemon from this gen and from previous gens, as well as several similar Psychic types, and I just have no reason to use one because there's too much competition for the role. Plus Mega Slowbro is around the corner so I might as well wait for that to happen first.

Gothitelle: stinks. 

Neutral
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:56 am

look at this cool new japanese trailer. confirming quite a few things from ORAS, like diving and that sootopolis gym keeps it's gimmick
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:36 am

Sadly, it didn't show us very much new stuff, although it did give us a little taste of more of the music. And I'm still disgruntled that the Gym Leaders and Elite 4 are using the crappy static artwork for battles instead of full 3D models.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:08 am

you are all missing the most important thing from that

acro bike returns for bunny hopping im gonna buy a bazillion copies now cant play them butll still buy them
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:22 pm

Does it concern anybody that besides the obvious things; e.g. 3D graphics, new Pokemon/The Mega storyline and mechanics and the like, so far everything we've seen has been more or less a carbon copy of the originals? Same leaders, same characters (albeit so far, and redesigned), same gyms, same music except for improved soundfont (they're note even remixes. Identical except for the soundfont!) and a tile-for-tile reenactment of the original game? I mean, it IS a remake, but I figured in the 3D age... Hoenn was pretty small. There'd better be an awful lot of postgame content.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:55 pm

i think it seems p nice so far
plus we still have that mysterious dark cloudy place on the map that will prolly be a story extension of some sorts since it looks relevant

also. sharpedo sub. in the pokémon world there are submarines that look like our god that makes the entire game worth it
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:01 pm

Petition to rename PokemonQuarantine to PokemonSubmarine? In terms of scansion it works fine. Sure, we may not be able to change the URL, but MENtALLY we can call ourselves the PokemonSubmarine.

All those in favour, Aye Aye and scrub the decks ye scallywags!

P.S Gold Pilot/Green Odyssey by First Turn Fold (featured in the glitchy grimbark jade flash) has always been a pretty cool tune, but this person made a piano cover and it's both pretty accurate and surprisingly haunting :O https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWyxNrbA6TA&list=UUfF9BIFwhPdqdJRpG7Fs61g&index=1
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:21 pm

Well, we do have at least two new NPC's this time around, and we really don't know enough to say how much has been added. I'm reasonably confident in guessing that we'll have a decent postgame to look forward to, though.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:33 pm

(Hey guys, sorry I haven't been around in a while. My computer's got a pretty bad computer virus, so I can't use the internet quite as often as before.)

Hm, nice trailer. Not much in the way of new information, but the game looks really nice and I'm looking forward to playing it.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:16 pm

Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:10 am

Hanky Panky wrote:OJ DID YOU HEAR THAT THEY'RE REPRINTING THE ONSLAUGHT FETCHLANDS IN THE WEDGE KHANS SET

I MAY ACTUALLY BE ABLE TO TRADE/BUY MY WAY INTO MODERN ONE DAY. considering zoo is pretty cheap outside of fetches/tarmogoyf (fuck that guy though, $150 each is stupid)

I DID NOT HEAR THAT, OH MY GOD THEY ARE REPRINTING THEM?

AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

I WASN'T ON THE INTERNET MUCH FOR A LITTLE WHILE, I NEED TO LEARN ALL ABOUT THAT!
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:41 pm

re: onslaught fetches -- it's amazing. and i am excited.

also, who here plays the pokemon tcg online? i have booster codes for 2 packs. first PM gets them. i'm loathe to post the codes publicly because of bots scraping for shit like that.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:09 am

invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:10 am

OMG WHERE

So I was perusing our old threads again. It's nice to do that every so often because we forget a lot. So I read the MASSIVE MASSIVE MASSIVE 2 part post I wrote about why I won't join tumblr, and our MSPAFanforumadventure thingy that kind of fizzled, and early ORAS discussion, and cA's really gross Goomy nicknames, and also the Skype guys did a rendition of Let It Go that I had completely forgotten about. Also, Drega and Captain selfies. It's probably the fact that both of you were obscuring your faces a little but I see a little similarity there. I wouldn't take it too seriously; for a while I got iT and Spark confused despite the fact that the only thing they have in common is haircolour/age/gender.

Also, reminder that Trismos is a good Tyrantrum nickname.

Edit: Sometimes I have a way with words mspa
"To mix metaphors, in doggy language this would be called intent to [select one]pee on all the things/do all of the bitches.[/] Swimmers gotta swim."
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:13 am

What do you mean by "OMG WHERE"?

Also, I am going to look at Khans spoiler as soon as they load
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:01 am

Pokemon TCG online is pretty shitty. I messed about on it briefly about two years ago, but it loads slow, it doesn't allow freebuilding and it's buggy. YES it's a Beta, but why does it have to be such a terribly restrictive and bad one? YGOPRO is fanmande and exactly what you'd want in a TCG sim. Yet they have it so wrong for Pokemon :/ And it's not like the TCG isn't a big deal? 

In any case I've had a few hundred of those card codes and I give them all to one of my friends; all of us sort of dump them on him since it makes sense to pool them whenever possible. And even then I don't think he plays often, if at all. Where'd you get them, Hanky?

Smogon giveaway in 7 hours for those of you with wifi that are interested!

Edit: Posted smash bros play info. GET HYPE http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2fluu0/smashboardszipzos_feedback_on_the_latest_demo/

Double Edit: I wonder where everyone is lately. Hope the drought is only temporary and it doesn't result in any permanent losses. LETS PLAY A GAME TO STALL FOR TIME!
Everyone recommend a Pokemon that you've used! You can be general or specific but the idea is to persuade everyone else why they should have the thing you found so great. 
I'll go first!
Spoiler:
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:15 pm

you should use azumaril with huge power seriously zuzu was one of my carriers through black 2 i think its the literal definition of a tank not only can it survive most anything thrown at it but it can deal out a ton of damage in one battle it survived a critical hit thunderbolt at max health then proceded to ko the opponent with a not very effective aqua tail now i cant speak much on its changes for gen vi for obvious reasons but its probably still going to be great so go out and get yourself an azumaril
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:15 pm

^ Actually at the moment Azumarill is tied with Thundurus for best Pokemon in the standard tier. Super powerful, priority, new fairy typing, decent bulk - better with Assault Vest - great coverage and decent flexibilty. 10/10 would recommend. I have two, and I'd have three if I'd kept Tinning's secret santa gift.

I'm working on a thing!
Spoiler:

Edit: Another thing. Dark Pit doesn't exist as a Pit skin/colour in smash. **sigh** Dark Pit confirmed as actual character. I'm just glad I've played KI:U. For the people who haven't, Dark Pit's gonna seem like such a terrible idea.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 41 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 41  Next