Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway.

+16
Sharpedo
phantasmalDexterity
cerebralconfinement
Crobat
kotakun
Xaber
ilikeoctopus
Captain
invisibleTerrarium
OverlordJ
muffinz
cephalopodAscendant
Dregadude
Spark Eletran
Hanky Panky
d_what
20 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

What Hoenn starter are you picking?

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 4 I_vote_lcap7%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 4 I_vote_lcap21%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 21% 
[ 3 ]
General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 4 I_vote_lcap14%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 4 I_vote_lcap14%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 14% 
[ 2 ]
General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 4 I_vote_lcap43%General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 4 I_vote_rcap 43% 
[ 6 ]

Total Votes : 14

Poll closed

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 4 Empty Re: General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway.

Post by OverlordJ Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:24 pm

I am OverlordJ and I don't think I follow anyone?

Honestly, I have pretty much no idea how to use tumblr, all I do is VERY RARELY reblog something
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 4 Empty Re: General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway.

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:25 pm

Meanwhile, I don't have a tumblr at all.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:40 pm

cough cough cough

You know, the HS fandom sure has been quiet lately. No huge influx of music or faux-animes or anything. Closest I've found to "new" HS stuff to do is listen to Catboss's latest medley extensively, and that's 7 months old now...
...though they get progressively better. Emissary of Dance > Dance-stab-Dance >> MeGaDanceVania. But my GODS is it fun to suddenly sing a long to a really specific bit because you know how that specific song goes. (http://catbossaudio.tumblr.com/tagged/medley)

But yeah. Fandom? Mucho quiet. The Huss should've organised another official fan album to keep us occupied!
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:04 pm

you want a rse remake? well just look west young man you see those hills over there? legend has it that the day the sun rises over those mountains and hits this forum will be the day that the remakes are announced also that day will be the end of the world because stuff is seriously fucked up if the sun is rising in the west
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:06 pm

what if I turn around 180 degrees and make west relative to my position? Nobody has ever told me why I can't do that.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:34 pm

The more I think about it, the lamer polearms are. Plus, I'm naturally a grappler so it wouldn't make sense to use a weapon with longer range. What if I alchemized some brawling gloves with a black hole? Then just draw enemies in like iron tager and pummel them. Never have to worry about evading enemies then
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sun Mar 30, 2014 6:58 pm

because if east is west then one equals zero and the world blows up
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:12 pm

Those are all really great ideas Hanky! Really cool and visual. I'd need specifics if I was ever gonna doodle them though.

okay, spilling the beans again. Sorry Spark I do not have a tumblr and will never have a tumblr! I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this already.

But this segues to something that's been on my mind lately rather a lot lately.
Warning: Very very long text about tumblr and feelings and human nature, in which D_what [losesHisCollectiveShit/GetsDepressinglyRational], select preference.

Spoiler:
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:22 pm

Wait so you're drawing shit Dee? That would be so cool, iirc your art is the literal bees knees.

leme add my onion.:
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:25 pm

Yeah, the SJW crowd is part of why I'm probably never going to get a tumblr. That and the insane fangirls. I actually frequent this one subreddit, /r/TumblrInAction, that's devoted to making fun of the SJW's and pointing out their hypocrisy and logical fallacies. The community's actually pretty sympathetic to legitimate social justice and will usually mock the extremists on both sides (e.g. radical feminists and their counterparts in the MRA movement). This video might give y'all a bit of catharsis.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:37 pm

d_what wrote:Hm. I forgot to ask about moons. I'm definitely Derse. Definitely definitely. There is not even a question about it. Which kinda sucks because the VERY LARGE majority of my coplayers are all Prospit dreamers :(I know because we did the tests. SO BORING.

So anyway. Does anybody want me to draw individual Weaponkinds for them? Sometimes they're fun to do. Depends on the weapon.
(Okay TBH I'm probably not gonna actually do it. I don't actually have time to draw much at all lately. But NEVERTHELESS if a really cool idea comes along I may not be able to help myself, hence the 5-min USMLS M2 I did yesterday before I went to bed.)(Random ideas are best)(To that end, everybody post 3 suggestions for alchemised versions of another poster's Weaponkind)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

iT makes his triumphant return after being gone like two days!! I would like one of these yes, although my primary weapon will always be the Alchemiswords, because they're fucking awesome. (Swords combined with the alchemiter itself. Alchemize stupid shit whenever, wherever. Also instant weapon upgrades, which is a bonus.) (also in forumstuck i alchemized them with myself back when i was knight of doom and made the Royal Alchemiswords of Magic Fuckin' Doom, which were basically awesome and op in every way possible)

Title: Prince of Breath

Land: Land of Night and Stall. A heavily fortified, militaristic Land. Consort chameleons form armed militias and fight back against the Denizen Typheus, who is causing endless night. It never seems to go well.

Dream Planet: Derse. Very very Derse.

strife specibus: 2xBladekind, because what's cooler than a badass sword? Two badass swords.

Fetch Modus: Security. A very basic fetch modus, similar to the wallet but not as ridiculous. It has added security features tho, so whenever you lose an item (lose being defined as "removed unwillingly, too far away, or stolen), it is instantly re-captchalogued. It's very practical and absurdly easy to weaponise with. (Captchalogue something deadly, pick up another deadly thing, first deadly thing is forced out and goes flying. First thing is recaptcha'd by the security system, second one is forced out and goes flying. It'll repeat like that automatically.

Denizen: Typheus. Um, duh.

invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sun Mar 30, 2014 8:58 pm

[quote=pretty much everyone]SJW shit[/quote]

General chat: Talk about literally anything because you do anyway. - Page 4 Holdit

Hold the fuck up a second, I'm a SJW.

Since first making friends irl with a trans person, i have become very involved in SJW stuff, and I can tell you right now that a big part of the reason no one takes them seriously is that they simply misunderstand what we are talking about??? Try and hear me out here

i promise this isnt going to be crazy long:

So hopefully i may've have improved your opinions about sj people? Maybe?? Im really shit at this whole persuasive writing thing haha
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:42 pm

invisibleTerrarium wrote:So hopefully i may've have improved your opinions about sj people? Maybe?? Im really shit at this whole persuasive writing thing haha

Not so much? Let's take the issue of gay rights as an example. I happen to be gay, which means I do have certain disadvantages in society. Do I automatically hate straight people for this? No, because I know that most of them aren't actively or consciously doing anything anti-gay. Do I hate homophobes? Well duh, because they're the problem! Is alienating the straight population a smart idea for the LGB community if we want equality? Considering we're not a big enough demographic to create enough political leverage by ourselves, it's one of the dumbest ideas we could possibly have. Are there people on tumblr and in the SJW community who think hating on straight people regardless of their actual behavior is acceptable? Yes, and it sickens me. If you're hating people for belonging to a particular demographic instead of being a scumbag, you're a terrible person.

Also, one note about terminology: I usually refer to the sane, reasonable people who fight for social justice as social justice activists. SJW refers exclusively to the hypocritical crazies.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:55 pm

I don't understand all the insanity that tumblr is.

like, i just think that every human being, regardless of what color your skin is, or whether you have a penis or a vagina, or your sexuality, all inclusive of all of them there special pronouns, whether or not you're an asshole, or a racist, or sexist, or have three legs, or no legs, or a genetic deficiency, or autism, or you're a disgusting un-american parasite because you're poor, or you're part of the billionaire master race that controls 'Murika, or anything. everybody should be placed on equal ground and respected equally. But first i want to roll up a newspaper and thwap the racist and sexist and homophobic people a few times like misbehaving animals. then maybe i'll respect them. only maybe though.

but if they piss on the carpet one more time.....
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:00 pm

cephalopodAscendant wrote:
invisibleTerrarium wrote:So hopefully i may've have improved your opinions about sj people? Maybe?? Im really shit at this whole persuasive writing thing haha

Not so much? Let's take the issue of gay rights as an example. I happen to be gay, which means I do have certain disadvantages in society. Do I automatically hate straight people for this? No, because I know that most of them aren't actively or consciously doing anything anti-gay. Do I hate homophobes? Well duh, because they're the problem! Is alienating the straight population a smart idea for the LGB community if we want equality? Considering we're not a big enough demographic to create enough political leverage by ourselves, it's one of the dumbest ideas we could possibly have. Are there people on tumblr and in the SJW community who think hating on straight people regardless of their actual behavior is acceptable? Yes, and it sickens me. If you're hating people for belonging to a particular demographic instead of being a scumbag, you're a terrible person.

Also, one note about terminology: I usually refer to the sane, reasonable people who fight for social justice as social justice activists. SJW refers exclusively to the hypocritical crazies.

I never said that LGB people hate all het people. LGB people who hate all het people are gross fuckheads. I actually did specify hating one's oppressors, and if I came across like that, I apologise.

As I mentioned I'm absolute shit at this whole being persuasive thing haha it's like half the reason i left tumblr
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Mar 30, 2014 10:09 pm

i agree completely with what ca said
i mean yes its... kind of understandable people would be scared of white/hetero/cis people after being opressed
does that mean its okay to hate literally all of them and that basically the solution to all of this is to turn society on its head and reverse who the hate goes to? hell no
i saw a post that explained it pretty well, people say that white/cis/heteros should just take it because thats not even nearly as bad as what the opressed group had to go through, and while that's true (they dont have to deal with risk of murder just by existing and all), it doesn't mean hating on them is completely harmless and doesn't affect anyone???? like, specially people with self-confidence issues and mental illnesses such as depression, which, lets be honest, are specially common these days and even more on the internet. those people are VERY MUCH affected by that, and even if they're incredibly good and kind and nice people, that does not stop them from just irrationally hating themselves, which... that hate doesn't exactly help
you can sum it up with "jesus fucking christ when will people realize that hate in general is bad no matter who is it directed to"

EDIT: oh i was ninja'd WELL I DIDN'T WRITE THIS SHIT FOR NOTHING SO I'M STILL POSTING IT IDEC
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:05 pm

The above is accurate.

But hey, let's move on from this rather depressing topic and talk about something more fun.
Like Mario and Luigi: Dream Team.
Hands up, who's played it?
(Pls no spoilers im still in somnom woods)
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:11 pm

You're a fair ways in, then. I've already beat the game, so I have no fear of spoilers, but obviously I won't give anything away. Speaking of the M&L series, I'm so excited that Superstar Saga's coming out on Virtual Console in a couple days. It's the only one I haven't played (or beaten, obviously) yet, and I've been wanting to play it since before Dream Team came out.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Mar 30, 2014 11:37 pm

duuude dream teams so good
at first i was like "eh???" because the graphics looked 3d and weird
then i got used to them
and now i realize theyre like the most beautiful sprites ever
i love that game
and i love the final boss too
You're gonna see it when you get there IT
It doesn't disappoint
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:13 am

Neither does its battle music.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:38 am

okay, guys
i just learned nelly owns dokapon kingdom
i can already see were not gonna be dating for long after we meet up
that games like statistically proven to ruin more friendships than mario party
were so screwed
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:05 am

if its worse than mario party than just play mario party
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:03 am

Whoosh. Even seeing that those posts exist was cathartic. Thanks, guys.

I had Mario Party 8 for the Wii; it was actually my first (and only, for quite a bit) wii game. Worst mistake ever. It wasn't bad, but it was... constantly really really frustrating. I'm not sure if "fun" describes it properly. The minigames were decent but I won't play a game I spent 40 euros on just for minigames.

Then I got Galaxy and Brawl and everything was SWEEEEEET

My mom got me a second hand copy of M&L Partners in Time, but... Yeah I really don't like it. It was awkward and complicated and I kept running into bits I wasn't allowed to do until later and it was slow to play and all in all I just said "if I wanted to play Pokemon, I'd play Pokemon. If I wanted to play Mario, I'd play Mario." But that's just my opinion. I don't like the LoZ series either but I completely respect those that do.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:54 am

Hey Dee, WE GOT AN EVENT Very Happy

Magmar with Magmariser (X) or Electabuzz with Electiriser or we it is (Y). Pick it up from GAME from the 4th of April.
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:18 am

They don't have GAME here anymore Sad They were losing business to gamestop and sold out about two, three years ago. It sucks because now Gamestop are a monopoly Sad Ehhh it's alright though because it's not a hugely important event. I'd be pissed if we missed the version exclusive Charizardite event.

By-the-by, events have been MISERABLE in XY so far. Beats me why they can't do bi-monthly things like they do in Japan. Even BW was okay; we got the event version exclusive Dragons, and the TCG Mewtwo and Darkrai. And Genesect I think, or was that Keldeo? I dunno I never redeem my legends :/

In any case even when Game existed here the only event we EVER got was Shaymin back in gen-4, and that was only in one store in the country. Not part of the UK, see. Nobody here cares Sad
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next