Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

+19
Captain
Sandstriker
Sharpedo
muffinz
Xaber
OverlordJ
invisibleTerrarium
Spark Eletran
d_what
cephalopodAscendant
Dregadude
Hanky Panky
phantasmalDexterity
NinteNerd
tinning3
ilikeoctopus
kotakun
variegatedDreamraptor
Gelatino
23 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 26 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by Hytheter Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:23 am

I'm not a fan of Durant, but I think that's just because I think its typing is wasted potential. Bug/Ground would have been logical, cooler, and unique outside of nincada. As opposed to already done by 5 other Pokemon.
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 26 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by Hanky Panky Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:28 am

i have a soft spot for leavanny because i caught a shiny sewaddle 20 minutes into Black 2

which made me immediately abandon snivy.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:24 pm

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 26 HDA8DE057
Hahaha, this gen succeeded in making Samurott even cooler.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:17 pm

oh my god that is amazing
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:20 pm

This is why Samurott should have been water/fighting, and I don't understand why Gamefreak missed that. Great to see him finally using the swords though, I thought it was the headpiece that he used for some reason, but okay, still cool!
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:26 pm

did you ever mess with pokedex3d? he uses the arm-armor swords in his animation there.
but yeah, samurott best gen5 starter for ever and always.
not that that was particularly difficult.

leavanny can be scary late-game, especially if you're not packing resistances to its STAB [which is unlikely, but still]. that thing gets off a Swords Dance or two and you can kiss at least two pokemon goodbye.
durant is awesome, if rather risky. just wait'll i transfer mine up.

also, i just noticed"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GALVANATULA IS THE BEST."
i find this ironic coming from the water/dark type...
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:43 pm

I guess I forgot about Pokedex 3D.

NinteNerd wrote:also, i just noticed"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU GALVANATULA IS THE BEST."
i find this ironic coming from the water/dark type...
I like to think that Sharpedo was referencing this conversation from ye olde thread.
That's probably just wishful thinking though
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:07 pm

Wait where did that clip come from? ...Aren't the fifth gen starters not available yet or did I miss some big thing
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:16 pm

doubles partners in the battle mansion have lots of unreleased pokemon.
edit: except i just realized that's not doubles??? still in the battle mansion though, so who knows.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:38 am

Not just partners but opponents as well.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:05 pm

Mannnn, why are so many games that I wanted to buy as soon as they came out all coming out at the same time??? There's the new Legend of Zelda, the new Ace Attorney, um... sort of X/Y also? But ughhh I didn't know LBW and AADD were so soon! I just recently spent like half my money on a whim to get that new Animal Crossing thing, too, and I wouldn't have done it if I knew how many things were about to come out! aghhhh my wallet can't handle all these gaammmeeees
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:30 pm

Because it's holiday season and everyone is rushing to get their games for sale right around xmas time

I'm kind of addicted to the new Zelda game so if you want me to play pokemon with you guys you'll have to tell me.

Also i'm probably going to be scarce until xmas time; they're scheduling us for 6 days a week at work until the week of xmas and i will probably be volunteering to work on sundays too in order to scrounge up some sweet sweet overtime pay.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:18 am

That sucks. Personally I have finals coming up after Thanksgiving, and then I'm only home for three weeks before I have to come back to school shortly after New Year's. Imma be super busy and super stressed.

So, my wishlist for Christmas!
1) LBW
2) AADD
3) KI:U
4) AC4 (ass's creed, not aminel crossing)
5) another game with a good acronym to confuse you guys with
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:22 am

kidicaruskidicaruskidicaruskidicaruskidicaruskidicaruskidicaruskidicaruskidicaruskidicaruskidicaruskidicaruskidicaruskidicaruskidicaruskidicaruskidicaruskidicaruskidicaruskidicaruskidicaruskidicaruskidicaruskidicarus
i need more friends to fight on there.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:51 pm

ideally, i'm not gonna get any games for christmas this year
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:43 pm

Because you already have allllllll the games, right Gela?
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:43 pm

no, actually

i got bored of playing new games all the time so i'm just content to play with my old gamecube collection. starfox adventures and super smash bros melee are more than enough for anybody

and don't give me any of that bullshit about how starfox adventures is bad because johnron said it's bad, that game rules in every possible way
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:56 pm

so i was lurking tumblrs as i often do, and i found this
General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 26 Tumblr_mwpajeBvLO1sl1565o1_500
i am so in.
is anyone else?

link if you wanna do the reblog thing or whatever
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:08 pm

I think this is a fucking stupid idea because it perpetuates the myth that everyone hates zubat and the myth that they're shitty pokemon. The Zubat line has traditionally been ostracized along with the Tentacool line because of its habitat. It has been relegated to nothing more than a simple cave nuisance and left by the wayside by mediocre trainers who don't know what they're missing out on.

BUT NO MORE.
WE TAKE OUR STAND TODAY.
WE SHALL RISE UP AS ONE CROBAT AND STRIKE DOWN THIS IMPETUOUS SPECIES-ISM ONCE AND FOR ALL.

GIVE ME YOUR TIRED, YOUR LOW BST, YOUR UNPOPULAR POKEMON. YOUR WEEDLES, YOUR WURMPLES, AND YOUR STUNFISKS. THE WINGS OF CROBAT SHELTER ALL.

... that actually started out as me saying that i honestly think operation zubat is a dumb idea and then i couldn't stop myself
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:16 pm

i like tentacool

it's tenta-cool
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:18 pm

I've heard a lot of good things about building a sp. def tentacruel wall.

I like the tentacool line, but then again, i'm starting to move into having poison be my favorite type.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:24 pm

think of it as a way to reintroduce the dwindling species back for the trainers. there have scarcely been any the past two gens.
i'm pretty sure there aren't a whole lot of peopl wo hate crobat. only the fist two because they're everywhere, aren't the easiest to run from, and often carry supersonic.

i've never hated either as a pokemon, i just got tired of them.
i even bred zubat at one point so i could get a Brave Bird crobat.
tentacruel is one of those pokemon i'm very on-the-wall about training.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:25 pm

I think it's a dumb idea because it's a dumb idea. It doesn't really do anything.

That had nothing to do with the rest of the post; I just felt like being overdramatic and perpetuating the whole crobat god thing.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:29 pm

Man, I remember my Tentacruel back in my first gen games. Tentacruel was my Surf buddy. Ain't none of you talk shit 'bout my Surf buddy!

But yeah, I never had a problem with Zubats and I never used a single repel (before gen five where I once used one to safely get a dust cloud because I hoped to get an evolutionary stone)

Also, flooding wondertrade with Pokemons most people don't want seems like a major dickmove.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:47 pm

All that's going to get accomplished is everyone is going to trade their zubat for either one of the other zubats, or a pokemon from someone who didn't know this was happening.

And I agree with HP, Zubats were only a mild annoyance with their supersonic compared to geodude. If your lead had no effective moves against rock, that was a battle you were running away from.

Golbats earned their annoying reputation though.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next