Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

+19
Captain
Sandstriker
Sharpedo
muffinz
Xaber
OverlordJ
invisibleTerrarium
Spark Eletran
d_what
cephalopodAscendant
Dregadude
Hanky Panky
phantasmalDexterity
NinteNerd
tinning3
ilikeoctopus
kotakun
variegatedDreamraptor
Gelatino
23 posters

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next

Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 12 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:01 pm

That still won't solve the mystery of the wireless card. If I recall correctly, we never figured it out because OJ never told us any details about his computer. And OJ, if you mean upgrade the way I think you do, then no, there isn't a way. You'd need to get an entirely new system.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 12 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by d_what Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:02 pm

...dollars? Dude accept the euro. It's an important currency brah! Don't deny your heritage! Surely continental shipping must be easy enough though? Over here the choice is largely limited to the UK but that's okay since the UK is a large market.

Don't forget you can't get US ones 'cause they'll be region locked.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:06 pm

...wait, the 3DS itself is region locked? I thought it was just the games?

And I said dollars because I looked for used ones on ebay and they only had ones for dollars.

And I don't know the details of my computer, tell me what you need to know and how I can find it out and I'll tell you
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:07 pm

:0 you can search by location and currency on eBay

:0

d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:08 pm

First, is it a desktop or a laptop? If it's a laptop, it almost certainly has an integrated wireless card. But now I have to go to class, so we'll have to put this on hold.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:12 pm

d_what wrote::0 you can search by location and currency on eBay

I don't really use ebay all that often...
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:14 pm

@OJ, trade-ins at a game store would be my answer if their offers weren't all so shitty. Dunno what to tell you.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:18 pm

Eh, I'll figure something out eventually
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:41 pm

Behold, Der Deutsch eBay! I sold my pokémon black DSi for £50, so if you really want to get online then I'm sure others are probably pretty cheapish. 2nd hand 2DS might eventually geta price drop, anyway, and from certain sources I hear that the 2DS almost feels nicer than the 3DS.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:46 pm

I'd love to take the 2DS if you could close it.

Hmm, but I'll take a closer look, just in case I find something cheap enough
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:47 pm

Yup I heard the same thing, since almost day 1
Well not exactly.
What I heard was 'oh, and the 2DS is actually really comfortable.'

What I KNOW is: the 3DS isn't. It's too small for my appropriately sized man hands >Sad I almost have to make 'the claw' when holding it.
And I'm a picture painting key typing pianist so my hands are not that bulky! Shame too. The Wiimote was gorgeously ergonomic.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Nov 04, 2013 6:49 pm

Hmm, well, I never liked the 3D feature of the 3DS, so...
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:49 pm

This is precisely why I got the 3DS XL. Feels and looks better, and the screen isn't an inch wide. I'm 100% satisfied with my decision. But I'm not sure if I would have gotten a 2DS if the option was available at the time.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:52 pm

I actually like my regular 3DS. But then, my hands are pretty small, so there's that. Also, my pockets don't allow for anything much bigger.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:52 pm

About the only reason I'd want to get an XL would be the better battery life (and maybe better stylus placement?). The normal 3DS's size doesn't bug me that much, and I feel like the XL would just be too bulky for me.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:01 pm

I got my 3DS like 3 years ago, and back then there wasn't XL. And I'm just too broke to upgrade.
I can't even sell my current one, cause the bottom screen is hella scratched, plus I would still need it to export my system.
wee bit sad.
But I have no actual problem with normal DS actually, I find it comfortable, even though I have quite long pianist fingers.
But I wouldn't mind a bigger screen, plus I like the XL design more.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:18 pm

i use xl and it rules.  big screen, not too small for my pro basketball player hands, awesome stylus placement (what the hell were they thinking with the regular 3ds).  however, i would be fine with using a 2ds.  i've used one and it's not half bad, i would just need a container to keep the screen from getting scratched
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:58 pm

Gelatino wrote:snop awesome stylus placement (what the hell were they thinking with the regular 3ds). snop
Seriously. The only time Nintendo's ever been kind to lefties. What was wrong with where it was on the DS Lite?
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:02 am

Yeah, the regular 3DS's weird stylus placement irked me a lot. I don't even notice for a while when it falls out sometimes...

I have noticed that I'm using my stylus a lot less now since I'm too lazy to reach behind the 3DS and end up just using my finger.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:03 am

Plus there's the fact that the normal 3DS looks like a fucking boxy confusing piece of gar(g)bage, like the DS did compared to every other thing in that era.

So...
3DS XL
+ bigger, fits better in hands
+ screen resolution allows you to see what you're actually doing in the game you're playing (whaaaat?)
+ battery life! yes!
+ stylus placement (jeez, is it really that important to you guys? I guess it'd bother me too, but sheesh)
+ aesthetics
- added charge
- might not fit in pockets (fits in every one of mine though)

Really, the only reason not to cough up the extra dough is if you're broke or you already have a 3DS. I've always thought that if you're already making such a big investment in a gaming platform that you KNOW is going to serve you for the next five years, you might as well make sure it's the best choice you can make with your money.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:06 am

I actually really like how the regular 3DS looks, much more than the XL. (It's so shiny and reflecty and Very Happy)

(And again, my hands are small so the XL is too huge for me anyway.)

TL;DR: I don't regret my choice! ...Though I didn't really have one at the time.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:46 am

Dregadude wrote:Really, the only reason not to cough up the extra dough is if you're broke or you already have a 3DS. I've always thought that if you're already making such a big investment in a gaming platform that you KNOW is going to serve you for the next five years, you might as well make sure it's the best choice you can make with your money.
See, there's the thing. I'm not broke but I am a student, so I AM careful when it comes to spending money. More importantly, I do NOT know that it'll serve me for the next five years.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:53 am

I have to agree with octi on this one. The 3DS actually has, if not a good design, then a halfway-decent and coherent one. The original DS was admittedly ugly as sin, but the 3DS essentially borrowed the DS Lite's more chic and polished design. To me, the 3DS XL feels like a chunkier, kiddified version of the normal 3DS in terms of design.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:42 am

they're all rectangles.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:43 am

But they're stylish rectangles. mspa

Last edited by Dregadude on Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next