Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo

+17
tinning3
ilikeoctopus
Dregadude
Xaber
Druplesnubb
willPowered
muffinz
Spark Eletran
d_what
phantasmalDexterity
OverlordJ
kotakun
invisibleTerrarium
variegatedDreamraptor
NinteNerd
cephalopodAscendant
Hanky Panky
21 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo - Page 29 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo

Post by d_what Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:10 pm

LIES it's great fun

Did you know there's a HarmoKnight reference in it? I'm glad I caught it.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo - Page 29 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo

Post by muffinz Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:54 pm

OKAY SO
IM STATRING THIS SAME NOW
SPOILPERS FOR THE OPOENING PART OLNY:

EDIT: Well. I WOULD have posted this sooner, like fifteen minutes after my last post, but an unexpected guest came over and used up about an hour and a half of our time just sitting and talking, even though we mentioned that we were literally just about to make dinner. Ughhhhhhh >:I
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:17 pm

d_what wrote:Hindsight, it's a wonderful thing.

How're you getting on, Hanky? And hey. Guys: take your time. There's SO. many. POKÉMON. I can spend 45 minutes alone on a single regular route!' And all the well known megas and a few fan favourite basics version are available really early if you look out for them! Kangaskhan, Eevee, Ralts (haven't found it yet...) are all 'mons that won't be shown via trainer battles so you won't know you've missed them. Trevor asks about them though. Handy stuff if you know the meaning of it. Also Gym Trainers are fun now! Such variety!
Oh. Ralts is on Route 4. I got one a couple hours ago.

I've been doing various chores and stuff all day intermittently, so I haven't really been hitting the paint too hard. Froakie just evolved, Charmander's 15, and everyone else is between 10 and 15.

My team right now is Frogadier, Charmander, Pansage, Pikachu, Ralts, Fletchling
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:23 pm

HEY GUYS THAT ARE PLAYING question what is the limit for pokémon nicknames

is it still 10 characters

please tell me its more like 12 that would be good yeah
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by variegatedDreamraptor Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:26 pm

I got so confused by "F2" until I saw "C2". I was like, "F2...? Are you already breeding Pokémon? Wow."

But... yeah.

By the way, how do I actually HIT the goals on the Magnemite balloon?

EDIT: Never mind I was just tapping too low on the screen.

Spark wrote:HEY GUYS THAT ARE PLAYING question what is the limit for pokémon nicknames

is it still 10 characters
I know that if you're playing in Japanese, you get 6 syllables, so 12 seems pretty likely. I don't know though.
variegatedDreamraptor
variegatedDreamraptor
Cooltrainer

Location : Guys just so you know I am basically NEVER on here. I only really go on the Skype now.

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:38 pm

^Well, there's 12 characters allowed for your name, so I'm guessing it's the same way for pokèmon.

(hey sparkler my spoiler up there spoils nothing relevant at all so you should TOTALLY open it and read its contents)
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:20 pm

....nope not naming myself muffin

Also, can someone explain what's with the "nickname" you're asked about that I know of? Like, do you get to type in one for you to use and who calls you by that, exactly?

EDIT: also can you name the event torchic or is it like in other games where those are unnamable
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by variegatedDreamraptor Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:57 pm

Your "friends" call you that. The 4 (?) friends you meet in the story.

Spoiler:
variegatedDreamraptor
variegatedDreamraptor
Cooltrainer

Location : Guys just so you know I am basically NEVER on here. I only really go on the Skype now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:10 pm

There's Tierno, the dancing guy; Trevor, the nerdy ginger, Shauna, chipmunk/genki girl hybrid; and the other gender player avatar.

You get 12 characters in English, for naming yourself, your nickname that your froends call you, and for nicknaming pokemon.

You can't name the event Torchic because it has a different OT.

Anyone found a shiny?
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by variegatedDreamraptor Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:16 pm

Oh I forgot about Trevor/Toroba. XD

He said like nothing compared to the others, so, yeah.
variegatedDreamraptor
variegatedDreamraptor
Cooltrainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:20 pm

he talks a lot on route 5, about horde encounters (of which there are at least 2 different species in hordes on route 5 - gulpin and scraggy)
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:42 am

I found a horde of four minun and a plusle over on route 5. There's an eclectic mix over there. I was really disappointed that there were no purple Flabebe in the purple flowers, just lots of Furfrou and Doduo.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:27 am

Hanky Panky wrote:Once you get the roller skates, you use the circle pad to do free range movement. I've gone through hedge mazes where I was half in one block of the grid and half the other because I was using the roller skates. It's kinda cool.
I'm pretty sure that's true to the D-pad movement even before you get the skates.
But oh well

Also, Scotland apparently has Garden Pattern. Hey, what pattern do you have, guys?
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:04 am

Garden of course Sad not that I mind really. It's just that Scotland's one was revealed a while ago and I hoped it'd be something different for variety's sake.

Imma going back to old routes and catching older pokemon that I missed! Apparently, Burmy is REALLY FRIGGIN RARE. Gonna try ralts now.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:13 am

It was? Good thing I laid of spoilers then. I should have used my actual region to see what variation that gives... Well, too late now.

Though how many patterns even are there?

Also, Lumiose city is so well made for the last half hour I've been just skating around enjoying the camera movement.

Something I'm a bit sad about is that outside battles you can't really see different part of a day. The night is simply not dark enough. I think that was better in GenV.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:24 am

Lumiose. My god.
There's so much.
I spent over an hour there last night and this morning I found I'd STILL missed stores! So many cafes! And alleys! And people who want to battle you in the alleys! And the intriguing mention r.e pokemon in the yellow plaza! Aaaaaah!! 

Castelia was complete sh*t though guys. Let's be honest. Lumiose takes the confusion of castelia and runs with it, admittedly, but it's actually interesting and not barren or reliant on elevators. Evidently Paris>New York. I wish they'd left Unova for a later generation... New York should have been cool. With, like, massive statues and monuments and cooler alleys and a skyscraper and a huge green area with loads of stuff in it.
Instead we got a thumb and a weird cameras.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:55 am

In comparison? Yes, Lumiose is better. But don't forget that Castelia was a step forward, and without it Lumiose probably wouldn't be as cool.
Also, in BW2 there was a cool sewer part.

Anyway, Rock shoooop. The hell, 1M for Char X??? Kinda steeeep, dude. Then again.

Also, orange hair guy, please try to be less of an obvious "bad guy". It's kinda embarrassing. Having your own sinister music doesn't help either.

oh god, Pokemon Amie is even better than I thought. Right now all three form of Chespin are sitting here with my Bulbasaur. I thought this was such a cool coincidence that I absolutely had to share it.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:06 am

Nah later he seems debatably alright. Like, he's neutral about the idea of kalos life being wiped out, but he knows it's bad if it were to happen? But yes I'd like some secretly bad guys one of these gens.
And also a female bad guy leader. Or a robot.

GUYS
GUUUUUYs
FUCKIN'... GUYS!!!!!!
NEWS ALERT!
WOULD BE BREEDERS AT THE READY!
STARTERS, START CHATTING UP 'DEM DITTOS!

Males can pass down dream world abilities now!!!!!!!!
Somebody gimme a bulbasaur, stat!!!!!!!!! Or a Chimchar or Totodile or Snivy!!!!!!!!!
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:22 am

I haven't evolved my Scatterbug yet, but I'm in the northeastern US. Anyone know?
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:31 am

Pretty sure we get the default vivillon.

WHO THE FUCK KNOWS WHERE TO CATCH RIOLU?
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:23 pm

I'm on the East Coast of the US and have the Modern Pattern ^^
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:24 pm

OH SHIT HONEDGE IS ON ROUTE 6
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Sun Oct 13, 2013 12:54 pm

d_what wrote:
Males can pass down dream world abilities now!!!!!!!!
Somebody gimme a bulbasaur, stat!!!!!!!!! Or a Chimchar or Totodile or Snivy!!!!!!!!!
HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE

unrelated to this, my urge to buy the game is now building!
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:20 pm

LIES again. You totally want a sheer force Totodile! Very Happy

Apparently Ireland can get the Elegant and Ocean patterns! So that's not so bad.

Skrelp's evo = so grace, much wow!

Edit: so smogon says stealth rock may last only 3 turns? Errr... That's not really enough to bother using Neutral be prepared for horrifically OP Volcarona/Moltres/Dragonite/Charizard sweeps in 3, 2, 1... Also Energy ball and Power gem got boosts, 95 and 80. HA grass has a better special move than ice, fire and electric now!
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Oct 13, 2013 1:31 pm

Thief got boosted. It's now almost as strong as Bite. 20 PP, 60 BP, still steals an item.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next