Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo

+17
tinning3
ilikeoctopus
Dregadude
Xaber
Druplesnubb
willPowered
muffinz
Spark Eletran
d_what
phantasmalDexterity
OverlordJ
kotakun
invisibleTerrarium
variegatedDreamraptor
NinteNerd
cephalopodAscendant
Hanky Panky
21 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo - Page 8 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo

Post by Dregadude Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:25 pm

since it makes sense to spoiler this stuff:
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo - Page 8 Empty Re: Pokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sat Sep 28, 2013 3:30 pm

Spoiler:
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:43 pm

And then don't forget the legions of people who will name it after an obscure anime reference, which probably references something in popular mythology but they never sourced it. Like when I was "letting my neighbour be told about homestuck" and I mentioned the Denizens, specifically Cetus, and he said "oh you mean like Cetus from the zodiac monsters in beyblade?!" and I said "like the what in the whatnow, fuck no". Anyway these people exist for every Pokemon, more's the pity.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:56 pm

are you implying people naming pokemon as references to other things are to be pitied?

because ridley, lucas, hewedraw, feferi, sparx, robotnik and i would like to have a word with you if that's the casePokemon news discussion 2: Spoiler Tag Boogaloo - Page 8 Hft2sIb
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Sep 28, 2013 5:57 pm

Abraxas, Hyneman, Hephaestus, and Kitty Hawk would like to join the conversation as well.

Not spoilers:
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:31 pm

I have no regrets.

Now if you DON'T mind, me and Marquise are gonna chill by the water fountain. *flounces*

Nah but really I don't mind genuine nicknames borne out of respect for a character or something. But sometimes it feels cheap, or excessively nerdy, I've been on different forums more than once when people ask for nickname suggestions and some commenter's idea base Is ridiculously a) limited b) kinda ignorant of the names' deeper meaning and c) uncomfortably weeaboo-ish.

Basically: be smart and varied about your nicknames people. Live a little! Set the trend! And never call a Ninetales Naruto!
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:16 pm

cephalopodAscendant wrote:Hyneman
:
you are the best.

my ninetales' name is Renard is that ok

Last edited by NinteNerd on Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:17 pm

Now if I could just remember the rationale behind the nicknames of like half my boxed Pokémon.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:58 pm

define "cheap". also remember some of like to flaunt their excessive nerdery! my references are named mostly for visual similarity, like bowser=blastoise or amaterasu=arcanine, or perhaps a similar..er...defining trait? feferi, a kindly protector of the sea like milotic, and sollux's double association for a certain divided-cell psychic.
you can't expect everyone to have a massive pool of fanbases to pull from, others just like to keep their names similar and/or themed. and as for weeabo-ish names... well, some people like lots of animes just as we like lots of...whatever it is you like, and there's not anything inherently wrong with that. an accurate comparison in my case would be forumventures.

i know at one point on mspaf everyone listed all their pokemon and nicknames. too lazy to go digging for it now though.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Sep 28, 2013 8:10 pm

well... ive got porrim the ditto does that count mspa

also yeah i do like referency names theyre pretty cool. though i cant remember of any i have at the moment other than that one
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:34 am

SPARK that is SO OBSCENE

If I was your mother I'd be

Really really confused and also lost.
ROIGHT gonna try and remember as many nicknames as I can... Gonna forget most of my 4th gen guys probably Sad
Spoiler:
Really doesn't belong in news discussion but since general Pokémon discussion is cookie-flavoured I find it rather hard to give a hoot.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:56 pm

That's the benefit of having our own forum: nobody really cares that much when we go off-topic (yes, "when", not "if").

EDIT: So I just checked Serebii, and Pokémon Smash has clarified how Mega Evolutions work. I'll go ahead and put it under a spoiler just in case.
Mega Evolution Mechanics:
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:19 pm

I GIVE SHITS IF YOU GO OFF TOPIC

INFRACTIONS FOR ALL OF YOU

yeah right like i'd be some kind of forum nazi.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:34 pm

All heil and whatnot, I for one welcome our new Hanky overlords

Hanky Panky x OverlordJ OTP
This mat be news to some of you so it counts!
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:10 pm

It's not news to me~
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:27 pm

you should be a forum nazi then we need to get a grammer nazi and a soup nazi and a nazi zombie and then were only one nazi away from a nazi yatzee
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:33 pm

What a coincidence! I just invaded Grammar Poland last night!
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:37 pm

Guys, I know you're joking around but I REALLY hate the word "Grammar Nazi"
Please don't use it, okay?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:02 pm

Yah it's kinda tactless. To relax, we should all go out to the pub and cheer up over a few Irish car bombs.

I get it, I really do. It's good of you to ask, OJ, though.
Wait cA you're not from Germany too, are ya? I vaguely recall someone saying they were something something east of OJ something something?

E: actually just to conclude. Why does the term even exist? Don't get me wrong, I understand how reducto ad Hitlerum can be used sometimes, but Grammar Police would be far more sensible. Or possibly Grammar vigilante. Or Grammar Teacher, or Grammar Douche, or a bunch of other things. I just don't really see the link. TO GOOGLE
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by willPowered Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:20 pm

d_what wrote:Aaagh I just realised I misspelled per se and didn't notice Sad

P.S guys in general who don't have my 3DS friend code by now: wtf is wrong with you I'm a great person to know??? C'mon there's only 4 weeks 'till go-time!

*fistbunps spark*
2 weeks surely? Or are you unable to get it on release date?

Anyway, important news:

According to smogon, there may well be members of the public who have copies of the game now and are leaking screenshots.

Apparently at least two people (from italy, apparently) are beginning to leak the game, so if you plan on avoiding spoilers, now is a very good time to stop going to many sites on the internet.

Even if this turns out to be another hoax we may as well start being wary now anyway. It's less then two weeks to go, after all.

And as such I will probably take my leave now. I only every comment in the news thread, after all. I'll be back once I've beaten XY, unless we've migrated back to mspa by then.
willPowered
willPowered
Youngster

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:22 pm

I'm American, d_what. And I doubt we'll have migrated back to the MSPA Forums when the games come out, wP.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:28 pm

Dude that post was from a while ago :B

I read one set of spoilers from one of dem Italians. But... It's weird, without visuals it's hard to but weight on them? I don't believe it until I see them anyway? But now that other people are backing up those same links and there's a risk of screenshots...

I'm actually sorely pissed at these journalists. They are forcing a ruin on a lot of people when GF warned them not to. You don't shove drugs in the face of people going cold turkey >Sad
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:51 pm

Guys I think we're missing the important thing here

Who's going to be our soup nazi
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:00 pm

Dregadude wrote:Guys I think we're missing the important thing here

Who's going to be our soup nazi
Evil or Very Mad

Drega!
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:06 pm

C'mon OJ, you've got to be a LITTLE bit curious. And it might be an honorific, the culinary world developed a lot during... Okay I'm gonna stop now.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next