Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon general chat: Pokemon for breakfast?

+22
Hanky Panky
Xaber
kotakun
Rozewolf
tinning3
phantasmalDexterity
Tirgo
PunchesMalone
Sandstriker
Druplesnubb
NinteNerd
d_what
Hytheter
OverlordJ
ilikeoctopus
muffinz
cephalopodAscendant
Spark Eletran
DicksMcgee
Dregadude
tailoredGoose
Gelatino
26 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pokemon general chat: Pokemon for breakfast? - Page 4 Empty Re: Pokemon general chat: Pokemon for breakfast?

Post by Sandstriker Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:46 am

I barely found this forum. But I am SO glad I did.
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Pokemon general chat: Pokemon for breakfast? - Page 4 Empty Re: Pokemon general chat: Pokemon for breakfast?

Post by Hytheter Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:01 am

I made this

Pokemon general chat: Pokemon for breakfast? - Page 4 PQ_zpsfb326ca3

Code:
[url=http://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com/][img]http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc149/aeojrtfao/PQ_zpsfb326ca3.png[/img][/url]

edit: this is probs better
Pokemon general chat: Pokemon for breakfast? - Page 4 PQ2_zps32f9824c

Code:
[url=http://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com/][img]http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc149/aeojrtfao/PQ2_zps32f9824c.png[/img][/url]

full logo: edit2: is too big
i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc149/aeojrtfao/sharpedocage_zps86930c99.png
we cant post external links apparently but if you paste this into the adress bar it should work

Last edited by Hytheter on Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:15 am; edited 3 times in total
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:05 am

i'll link here eventually, but all i can think of for its teaser text currently is:
"The Pokemon thread got axed, and we were afraid we were next so we ran here for refuge."

oh gosh that banner is perfect. [i like the red outline one better, actually]

Last edited by NinteNerd on Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:08 am; edited 1 time in total
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:07 am

Sandstriker wrote:I barely found this forum. But I am SO glad I did.

And we are SO glad you did, too Very Happy 
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:13 am

Seriously, someone needs to go through and PM every single person that got left behind.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:30 am

i can do that. actually, i'll just send out a mass-PM to everyone who has one of these avis, plus yayz and cloudninja.

i know i am not going to remember everyone who is already here, so yeah, most of you guys'll get it too.

if someone more accurate wants to do it, be my guest.

on a side note, am i the only one who strongly dislikes white webpages if there's an option? a skin would be cool. especially if it's sharpedo themed o3o
i will totally make that if i can figure out how (and don't have to be the forum's owner to do so :/)
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:47 am

I agree, there was some discussion about that. And Gelatino said that he'll do more of the design stuff if he finds time.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by PunchesMalone Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:48 am

Well dang. The day I got back to this thread it gets locked. Apparently my re-arrival heralded the thread's doom. I'm glad I bothered to check the first page of the thread so that I could find my way here.
PunchesMalone
PunchesMalone
Youngster

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:58 am

Well, at least that means other people can find their way here as well. How many threads ago did you last post?
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by tailoredGoose Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:29 am

Hytheter wrote:I made this

Pokemon general chat: Pokemon for breakfast? - Page 4 PQ_zpsfb326ca3

Code:
[url=http://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com/][img]http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc149/aeojrtfao/PQ_zpsfb326ca3.png[/img][/url]

edit: this is probs better
Pokemon general chat: Pokemon for breakfast? - Page 4 PQ2_zps32f9824c

Code:
[url=http://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com/][img]http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc149/aeojrtfao/PQ2_zps32f9824c.png[/img][/url]

full logo: edit2: is too big
i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc149/aeojrtfao/sharpedocage_zps86930c99.png
we cant post external links apparently but if you paste this into the adress bar it should work

Using this on mspf Smile
tailoredGoose
tailoredGoose
Cooltrainer

http://Malevolentespurr.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tirgo Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:09 am

y did i make an account
Tirgo
Tirgo
Youngster

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:30 am

who knows you must be going crazy or something i dunno
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:01 am

So, hey guys. I'm also here now.
I find this locking unprofessional and rushed, but what's done is done.

Also, Solaris choose a horrible time to do this, because we've just got some new footage about X&Y so we could have gone horribly on-topic in no time.
So, go and check bulbapedia if you haven't already. It's just a few screenshot, but still.
The sandy beach looks cool
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:37 am

Dive is confirmed, guys! I hope it's like RSE's one!

The random patches of grass and water on the beach in the battle was weird though. And the murky brown on the edge of the beach was kinda ugly. But yay anyway Smile

I'll do a SIG myself later! Although I don't really post anywhere else so few people will see it. And hallo Tirgo, welcome to the clubhouse! Sharpedo says hi.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:43 am

I'd say my ratio of posts to the pokemon thread to posts in other threads was probably about 40/1, if not larger, so while I was taken by surprise and kinda annoyed by this, I can't really say I'm dissapointed since at least I'll know most of the community here and probably have more than one or two threads to be interested in. So hey everyone.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:26 am

Can somebody give me a link?

I know we can't posts links yet but you can simply replace one of the / with a \ or something like that
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:49 am

http:\\bulbanews.bulbagarden.net\wiki\New_footage_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_X_and_Y_shown_on_Pok%C3%A9mon_Smash

Here, copy/ paste/ edit the backslashes. Also why are sigs not showing up? Are they restricted to new members as well?
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:17 am

Also, here's actual Pokemon Smash video.
youtu.be/u1SiaA8JYH8

Also this, because omg, Froakie.
youtu.be/lCjlbBiUiKQ
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:41 am

Froakie wat are you doing

So, quick question. Is it worth worrying about IVs? I assumed they referenced stats changed by the mons natures, but now I just learnt they're completely different and random and apparently really difficult to track. With natures and EVs and possibly abilities to worry about, is it ok if i just ignore IVs?
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:06 am

phantasmalDexterity wrote:Also this, because omg, Froakie.
youtu.be/lCjlbBiUiKQ

Haha, that is awesome Very Happy 

tinning3 wrote:Froakie wat are you doing

So, quick question. Is it worth worrying about IVs? I assumed they referenced stats changed by the mons natures, but now I just learnt they're completely different and random and apparently really difficult to track. With natures and EVs and possibly abilities to worry about, is it ok if i just ignore IVs?

Well, if you want to be really competitiv, yes, you'll have to care about IVs

Otherwise, checking the IVs doesn't hurt, but you can ignore them
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:09 am

Natures are not something to worry about. In an exam based metaphor, the assumption is you can write your name on the paper. The same is true for natures! Either hatch approx. 16 until you get the one you want, or use everstone to keep passing it with either a 1/1 or 1/2 chance. Easy. IVs on the other hand... Are important. Especially for Speed and moderately so for HP. Breeding one single IV is preposterously easy, two is straightforward. 3 is attainable but requires thought, and 4 is 32 times more difficult than 3. 5 and 6 don't exist for practical purposes.

If you limit yourself to only caring about 31s for breeding, then they are easy to track (subway's judge will tell you all the 31s). The most difficult part is getting parents with the stats you want to begin with rather than relying on dittos; the GTS helps hugely with that. For example, rather than rely on a shitty deino with otherwise perfect speed or a ditto with perfect attack, to breed a bagon I can use a female level 1 bagon I found that has the right nature and 2 out of 3 of the stats I want. Limit your searches to lvl 9 and under and the average stats of the Pokemon you get will go vastly up - because people who hatch are more likely to have pokemon with stats that are good, as well as far more of them than they need, so posting spares on the gts is very common.

A quicker way still is to borrow parents from someone else, e.g me. 19 times out of 20 I'll have pokemon lying around that eliminate half the work.

But... Yes 31 in speed at least is extremely important since it's the only exact, definite win condition in the entire game. If you're against someone with the same nature and EVs and speed bracket as you , but that IV is anything less than 31, you are going to lose.

Also guys I sent out ALLL of the SS info! All systems go.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:16 am

I see... how do you check how many IVs you have from a just hatched pokemon? Is it a matter of just looking at the stats or should you ask the subway judge? And in terms of breeding, do the parents levels matter at all?
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:22 am

tinning3 wrote:I see... how do you check how many IVs you have from a just hatched pokemon? Is it a matter of just looking at the stats or should you ask the subway judge? And in terms of breeding, do the parents levels matter at all?

First: No, the level doesn't matter

How to check depends on your game, however, the way I usually use id that I safe the game, stuff them with candy untill they are high level, use an IV claculator and then reset to the last safe.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Rozewolf Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:24 am

Hey guys just found the forum, shame about our other one :/
Rozewolf
Rozewolf
Youngster

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:28 am

Rozewolf wrote:Hey guys just found the forum, shame about our other one :/

Yeah, it's a shame but at least it seems like most people found the new forum Very Happy 
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next