Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon general chat: Pokemon for breakfast?

+22
Hanky Panky
Xaber
kotakun
Rozewolf
tinning3
phantasmalDexterity
Tirgo
PunchesMalone
Sandstriker
Druplesnubb
NinteNerd
d_what
Hytheter
OverlordJ
ilikeoctopus
muffinz
cephalopodAscendant
Spark Eletran
DicksMcgee
Dregadude
tailoredGoose
Gelatino
26 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pokemon general chat: Pokemon for breakfast? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pokemon general chat: Pokemon for breakfast?

Post by OverlordJ Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:56 pm

I also absolutely agree.
It was way to sudden and they definatly should have warned us. And while I follow many thread, I, too, made quite a few of my posts in the Pokemon thread.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Pokemon general chat: Pokemon for breakfast? - Page 2 Empty Re: Pokemon general chat: Pokemon for breakfast?

Post by muffinz Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:58 pm

Yeah, it seems like the mod did that mostly because he was just lazy. He didn't want to stick around and find out whether we'd get back on-topic or not, so he just figured he might as well just get rid of it altogether.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hytheter Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:58 pm

ilikeoctopus wrote:I'm just kind of disappointed in the suddenness of the lock. I never got the impression that we went off topic at all... We did have our overenthusiastic moments but those were all in good humor and we never really strayed too far. Now I feel kind of orphaned from the forum since most of my posts were in the Pokemon thread.
Idk... the triple infraction that occured sometime before the lock should've told us something was up...
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:58 pm

I never saw that.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:00 pm

Either way, I feel like a mod should have posted to warn us first instead of just infracting people. After the infractions, I couldn't even tell what the posts were so I was a bit lost.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:00 pm

Yeah, well, nobody but the ones who got infracted heard of it. That happened suddenly and without warning too. The lock happened only like a couple hours after the infractions, also. The infrations didn't seem like a warning. I'm pretty sure the mod was just about ready to lock the thread when he infracted us.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:04 pm

It was the no warning thing. Nobody IN the thread thought we were doing wrong, some people outside did. Where they went wrong - not us, because again we didn't know - was NOT TELLING US. Infractions without transparent reasons are a bad idea.

And except maybe for server load, we weren't cluttering anything. We were very much quarantined. So somebody probably just took defense at the idea of breaking arbitrary rules (unfortunately this mindset is rife in governments. People worry about breaking the law instead of doing wrong.)

And the fact that many of us were so quarantined effectively turns this into a ban. I rarely post outside, as we said, comdisc moves way inconsistently and is effectually a whole lot of people shouting opinions at themselves in a large room.

Solaris' last lines were interesting. The so far back and murky bits. That would explicitly be completely illegal in a functioning government:

1) you can't retroactively charge someone for something if it wasn't wrong at the time it happened
2) the reasons for inflicting punishment must be transparent, precise and preferably accurate.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:09 pm

muffinz wrote:Yeah, it seems like the mod did that mostly because he was just lazy. He didn't want to stick around and find out whether we'd get back on-topic or not, so he just figured he might as well just get rid of it altogether.

It DOES sound like that, doesn't it...

Then again, I didn't want to tell him that because if I ever learned anything it's "Don't piss of a mod"
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:14 pm

d_what wrote:stuffffff

Yes. You said it way better than I could have. So maybe "stay on-topic" is a rule, but I really don't see how a bunch of people saying stuff in a thread not talking about exactly what the thread is about is grounds enough to shut down the whole thread completely. Who does that affect outside of that thread? And, if he felt it was a serious situation he really needed to stop right away, wouldn't just threatening to shut it down work well? If I heard that my favorite thread on the forum(it was, btw, being sincere here) will close down soon unless we get back on-topic, I'd get the heck back on-topic right away!
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:15 pm

what on earth how does this forum even work

oh....my gosh muffins what happened to your avi.

EDIT BECAUSE BETTER IDEA

Last edited by NinteNerd on Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:17 pm

honestly I just feel like the X and Y thing doesn't make much sense cause there's a lot of time until then plus what about all the rumors and speculation and new pokémon reveals and new mechanics and screenshots and characters and all

where would we talk about those things
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:17 pm

Yeah, I think we all would have tried to get back on-topic had we been reminded. So we're a little over-enthusiastic! That's not always a bad thing!
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:19 pm

Girafarig is pretty neat. New Shoes! is an amazing name. That art looks good and if it gets way worse it'll still be pretty decent. All in all please start this hella dumb thing right away I will be waiting with anticipation.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:20 pm

Guys.

I just had.
The BEST.
Passive aggressive idea.
Sharpedo is great.
You know what's better?
A Sharpedo and his buddy...

TY'S MAGNEMITE FOR FORUM MASCOT 2K14 WOOOOOH
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:22 pm

...No.
:notsureifmapsornot:
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:23 pm

Spark Eletran wrote:what about all the rumors and speculation and new pokémon reveals and new mechanics and screenshots and characters and all

where would we talk about those things

Yeah, I had the same thought at first. Seriously, while most of us won't have X and Y right away, waiting untill october will make it way to late for speculation.

But now we have this forum, so it's fine

EDIT:
d_what wrote:Guys.

I just had.
The BEST.
Passive aggressive idea.
Sharpedo is great.
You know what's better?

Who's TY?

Last edited by OverlordJ on Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Hytheter Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:25 pm

d_what wrote:Guys.

I just had.
The BEST.
Passive aggressive idea.
Sharpedo is great.
You know what's better?

I...don't get it
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:25 pm

Solaris mentioned how he had trouble with Ty's Magnemite in his thread-locking post.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:25 pm

ok i had a better idea
since this our private little forum gang, and AH and OJ made thread to do their artstory things in, i am making my own thread too.

and i will try to hurry, muffinz. i nee yo update my real forumventure before i finish the first page of this dumb thing though.

and the art is legit shit right now because humans are the bane of my artistic ability.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Druplesnubb Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:28 pm

So since this is a new completely new forum I might just as well join in on the aavatar fad. I would like a Roggenrola, Venonat or Bellsprout.

Druplesnubb
Youngster

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:30 pm

NinteNerd wrote:ok i had a better idea
since this our private little forum gang, and AH and OJ made thread to do their artstory things in, i am making my own thread too.

and i will try to hurry, muffinz. i nee yo update my real forumventure before i finish the first page of this dumb thing though.

and the art is legit shit right now because humans are the bane of my artistic ability.

Haha, I wouldn't call the thing I'm doing "artsy" but hey, I'm excited to see what you'll be doing
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:34 pm

Okay guys you didn't get it.
Solaris's closing post:

I am going to lock this thread now.
A new thread will be made in October.
It will be only for pokemon X and Y and if it stays on topic it may allow general pokemon talk.
Until then find somewhere else for pocket monster talky talks because they will not be allowed in a general form here for A While due to the massive waves of superfast offtopic.

Pokemon threads about other things, (lets plays, special runs, community pokefuns) will be allowed, but must be on topic as per mod discretion.
Note: if you abuse the fact that pokemon threads about other things are allowed then they won't be allowed.

post script: ty the camera man's magemite is bullshit

Note the last line, used in an attempt to show solidarity with the masses, humour, ending things on a positive note... And came across as smug, as well as being
a) eager to get the LAST word in
b) inappropriate and in poor taste
c) an out of date reference and
d) lame. C'mon they clocked out in the early forties.

Gabby and Ty, the roving double battle TV reporters from Hoenn. He obviously takes issue with that magnemite.
I, for one, think it is a spunky little fellow and deserves an award or similar accolade.
Alternatively we avoid talking about X and Y completely back on the MSPA thread, save it for here and stay completely and stubbornly on-topic from gens 1 to 5, just to prove a point.

I would give Rose Lalonde passive aggressive aneurisms.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:37 pm

^ ...Yeah, let's do that. All of those things. I am still kind of bitter about what happened and passive-agressive combat against Solaris sounds like a great idea.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hytheter Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:40 pm

I'm not sure how serious you guys are but if you are count me out
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:42 pm

d_what wrote:Note the last line, used in an attempt to show solidarity with the masses, humour, ending things on a positive note... And came across as smug, as well as being
a) eager to get the LAST word in
b) inappropriate and in poor taste
c) an out of date reference and
d) lame. C'mon they clocked out in the early forties.

Gabby and Ty, the roving double battle TV reporters from Hoenn. He obviously takes issue with that magnemite.
I, for one, think it is a spunky little fellow and deserves an award or similar accolade.
Alternatively we avoid talking about X and Y completely back on the MSPA  thread, save it for here and stay completely and stubbornly on-topic from gens 1 to 5, just to prove a point.

I would give Rose Lalonde passive aggressive aneurisms.

1) Yes, I've read that.
2) Everything after Note was added later
3) Their names are Pia & Udo and honestly, even then I'd not have remembered their names
4) Those things gave people trouble? I farmed those guys for exp and money for a while...

I like your ideas of not talking about gen 6 on the mspa forum

EDIT:
Hytheter wrote:I'm not sure how serious you guys are but if you are count me out

That's fine, to be honest, I understand you. Getting in trouble with a mod is risky and we have our own forum now, so we don't have to launch any big attacks or anything.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next