Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀

+12
tinning3
d_what
Captain
Sandstriker
Spark Eletran
NinteNerd
muffinz
OverlordJ
Gelatino
cephalopodAscendant
invisibleTerrarium
Hanky Panky
16 posters

Page 36 of 37 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Go down

If both were guaranteed to happen in sequence, which would you rather have released next?

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 36 I_vote_lcap0%Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 36 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 36 I_vote_lcap100%Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 36 I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 1

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 36 Empty Re: Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Dec 01, 2017 12:07 am

Just the good ol' put-in-the-numbers-and-send-a-friend-request system.
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 36 Empty Re: Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀

Post by d_what Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:34 pm

Ta Spark. Don't know what mine is but I'm sure I have one... still pretty awkward though. I'll add it later.

Odyssey is fun, but I don't know if it's "grabbed" me yet like Galaxy 1 did. Not sure why. Very possibly I've seen too many trailers/videos to be surprised by anything? Or maybe I'm a difficulty hound - so far nothing's been especially challenging outside of maaaaaaaybe the bosses (that's mostly me getting to grips with a new controller) and the jaxi taxi thing. But I'm only 160 moons in! Plenty more to do I'm sure. It's still really good in any case.

Alas, BOTW *did* grab me, and two days into owning Odyssey I find out that the DLC2 pack released?? Shit! This is a terrible mental torture. I wish I could play both games at the same time ;_; Or, no, add both Splatoons to that: I also really want to play both Splatoons, simultaneously.

But some things will have to wait! Christmas is coming up, which is probably a busy time for most people (myself included) and I'm supposed to get the keys to the house early next week. So add assorted chores of the "here is an unlived-in house that is now entirely your responsibility, you manchild" kind. And... gotta go to Ikea >.>

also shit I just realised that it's Friday and I haven't watched last weekend's RWBY, for some reason it's the one weekly thing that I can never remember on time. I don't mind missing it much but my friend gets antsy if he can't get my thoughts on the latest developments (which are generally variations on "what is blake even for" and "yay hugs").
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:21 pm

Congrats on housing and good luck at IKEA, dee! Make sure you get all the parts they advertise because my boyfriend had an issue where they didn't include some parts without a part number, and there was a whole to-do about getting them in the mail since IKEA people couldn't look them up in the catalog.

Ah frick, this is making it hard for me to figure out whether to get BOTW or Odyssey. Goddangit, everyone who says nice things about either game!

I'm actually going to be less busy in the coming few weeks, barring finals next week. So I might get a chance to catch up on... um... Twig or Mario Kart or buying a new game if I can actually decide which one to get.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:40 pm

Thanks Octi! I'm not going too crazy with IKEA stuff... I like a lot of their things, but too much is... Too much, you know?

Also, furnishing an entire house from scratch by myself is all kinds of intimidating, so I'm just buying furniture for the living room for now... So in practice it's just a rocking chair, (POANG), a TV stand (BRIMNES), and maybe a wall-mounted shelf. Can't beat IKEA on a lot of things, including prices...

Go for BOTW and get it out of the way! Unless you've already started odyssey. Then get that out of the way. Or dismiss me entirely and flip a coin :V Have you been following Ward since it started? Only a few hours until the next update!

Mario Kart is a funny game for me. I always enjoy it while it's new, and then after beating Mirror I never touch it again. But I feel weird not having it in my library because it is *THE* party game. Not gonna pick up 8 deluxe in any case just because I already have 8 (and 8 works with my two old Wii remotes, so more people can play). But if there's ever a MK9... siiiiiigh.

I kinda want to pick up Snipperclips. Will probably buy Bayonetta 3 once that's out, since I got the second one and it was a pretty fun playthrough. Plus I want to support Platinum games. Probably *not* going to get Xenoblade - I'm just not in a stage of life where i can invest so much time into a game that isn't already in my wheelhouse, plus anime tropes grate a little. Pokémon for switch obviously.

My FC is apparently SW 4043 1826 6517. Although I won't have any online games until I get Splat2, and since that's going to envelop me completely once I have it in trying to leave it for a while... Darn squids. They're too addictive.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:40 am

Well... we put in an order for Odyssey so I guess that's what's going to happen. Happily, Pokemon has ingrained into me the collecting fever, so it'll probably occupy me for a good amount of time!

And yep, been following Ward, though usually at a delay of about two days, so I'm always late to the megathreads.

...I'll figure out how to do the FC thing eventually. I still need to dig up my Nintendo ID credentials and whatnot, agh.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:23 pm

I have news!

First, I got the house today. Officialy I am now a homeowner.

Second, first thing this morning I crashed my car into a railing after losing control on black ice. That would be bad, but 3 minutes after existing the vehicle, a van slid on the same patch of ice, hit me head on and knocked me into a ditch, the proceeded to follow me.into the ditch and crushed my lower legs under the now vertical vehicle.

No head/spine/organ injuries thankfully, but tldr, cant walk and ow.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:46 pm

Well, the house news is fantastic. The car crash news, not so much. We're definitely glad you're okay. What do the doctors say your recovery's going to look like?
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:20 pm

Dual casts, cant walk and wont be able to for ar least 8 if not 12 weeks. Im assuming physiotherapy and maybe another surgery to get the metal removed, but that's me guessing.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:40 pm

Holy crap, glad you made it out of that at least somewhat intact. Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Thu Jan 04, 2018 8:02 pm

Congrats slash holy shit Dee, glad you're housed but hopefully its as swift a recovery as possible.

Happy new year y'all!
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:49 pm

Well... I hit 800 moons in Odyssey so I finally caved and am getting Splatoon 2!

I haven't actually played any Splatoon before, so this is going to be an adventure. Does anyone here still play it regularly? How does this multiplayer thing work?
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:52 pm

Does anyone play it regularly, she says.

I play it more often than I *don't* play it. And that includes sleeping time some days! (Currently at 150 hours, though I've had it for a month alongside 3 other new games.)

(Although, to be fair, I've very little else to do what with the whole legs situation, and I haven't been sleeping well.)

Multiplayer's a cinch. As long as you have internet, multiplayer is the default mode (though I would suggest playing the first three levels of single-player - talk to the lime lady with the umbrella - to get a hang of the controls, also, do use motion controls).

In terms of multiplayer with friends, you can join your friends playing in the "regular" mode (Turf War) really easily. There's an option to join friends in the lobby. Heads up though: in order to avoid unfairness, most friends will be pitted against each other, rather than being put on the same team. Once you've leveled up enough, and have unlocked the more serious "ranked battles" (mo fun, mo stress), you can pair up with someone (or three people) to do squad battles, which are super competitive. There isn't voice chat generally in Splatoon like there is in most games, but IMO you need to use the voice chat options they provide in squad/team/league battles or you'll be at a disadvantage. Also, your team will be pitted against people of the level of the highest-ranked person on your team, so... Watch out for that.

Lastly, there's Salmon Run, the 4 player Horde/Boss Rush/Survival mode new to the sequel, that's only available every second day or so. You can play this with friends too, for the same rewards as the default queue. Playing with random kids/squids is tough in Salmon Run... One poor player can decimate a team, so playing with friends instead is something I very much look forward to.

Also, /r/Splatoon. I don't know who else plays with any regularity - nobody else from here has befriended me besides Octi? ;_;
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:21 am

oh shit i swore i'd added u dee??? i Just Did at least

but YES sploon 2 is super super good and my most played switch game by far

my FC is 8217-3416-9215 ftr add me Up octi
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:24 pm

Okay I started playing today and just got through three levels of single player, and I don't know if it's because this is my first shooting-type game or if I just straight up suck but... holy cow I am so bad at camera movements! Somehow I keep alternating between forgetting that the analog stick can't move up/down and that you have to use the analog stick to look left/right in order to not kill your wrists.

Buuuut I'm going to start trying multiplayer now, look out world! I mean sorry in advance for my weird flailing, my team is gonna hate me

(Added you, Spark Very Happy)
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:03 am

Tips for Turf War (mostly assuming regular shooters):

Don't forget to use your sub weapon (especially to shoo people away from a specific spot) and your special weapon.

Ignore squids who sat that inking your spawn is really important. It's really, really not (grab mid first, then painting spawn gradually over time will happen naturally.)

Ink *some* walls if you have a weapon that can do it quickly. Saves time in the long run.

Press x to check the map very regularly, and always when you are respawning. Map awareness is critical. How the map looks defines how you should play (e.g. don't try to spawn camp if the enemy is already in mid... Holy moly why do people do that)

Aim high-ish to spread more ink! Jumping can also slightly increase the spread. Don't worry about painting every little bit, broad strokes with lots of swimming room will suffice.

Stay suitably back from Trisloshers/Octobrushes at all costs. Most shooters outrange them but if you get within their range you're screwed. If they're camping from on-high, use a bomb to scare them out.

Is a scary Blaster, Rapid Blaster or Range Blaster stopping you from doing anything? Get in close and put your gun in their ear. They're pretty bad at very close ranges. Note: this is the exact opposite of what to do against the Clash and Luna blasters.

You can adjust the sensitivity of the controls in the main menu! Definitely try it out. I found the defaults a bit stiff and couldn't turn around fast enough initially.

Some people like to super jump back to their spawn so they can safely use Sting Ray or Tenta Missiles. I... Can kind of understand it for Sting Ray, which is much better at distances, but by leaving the field you've probably just turned mid into a 3 v 4, so consider it carefully. Don't do it with the Tenta Missiles because you'll make my squid sad.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:31 pm

Figures today would be the day my internet starts kicking me off every 10 minutes and forcing a hard reset. Yeeeeesh.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:52 pm

Man, that tip about the motion control sensitivity really helped! Still trying to learn how to not panic when being inked at and trying to figure out the maps, but the motion controls feel a lot better now.

(I got really excited when I saw your handle on my screen and then your team wiped the floor with us Razz) Best of luck with the internet!
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:09 pm

Not even 10 minutes. It's stopped letting me connect to the internet enitrely now... Hope it's not a permanent thing. That's been my internetty device for *years* and I just know they're not gonna replace it for free. Hospital internet works ok for forums but not for squids and kids Sad
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Mar 07, 2018 12:54 pm

Aaaaaaaaaahh!!!!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh!!!

Guys, guys! Look at what Octi did! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh!!!!!!!

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 36 Img_2010
Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 36 Img_2011
Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 36 Img_2012

Octi, you're the best!! 10/10 would recommend breaking legs! Well, maybe not both. But I'd definitely break at least three toes including the big one on my good foot.

Aaaaaaaah
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:47 pm

Very Happy no prob!

...Don't actually go around breaking legs or toes, guys, I'll go broke if I send packages to everyone

Not to mention the broken body bits
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Wed Mar 07, 2018 9:32 pm

hey so a direct's happening tomorrow at 2pm pacific and i am absolutely not missing this chance to get a bingo going Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 36 FFkzQtj

oh also on unrelated news: college is pain but i've started brainwork on..... what will hopefully be the first project i chase after once college's done??? my first kinda story and setting created specifically with Animation As A Medium in mind. i'm not gonna share that stuff here for i hope obvious reasons but it's been fun to work and try to figure stuff out for this
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:12 pm

I can definitely see some of those things happening. My money's on Indie-1, Splat Update, Amiibo, Kirby, Labo, and Wii U port. Also DLC/Brand New characters for Hyrule Warriors on Switch. Possibly from BOTW? Unless the whole presentation is themed, in which case it's anybody's guess.

Hey Spark! You've been working away all this time doing collegey stuff - haven't you got anything neat to show us (besides the work-in-progress secret thingy)? C'mon, show us some of the gains that pain must have created!

Also as a continuation of my prior statement @Octi: aaaaaaaaaaaah
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:18 pm

welp i have to say that the reason ive been absent from here too long is that i got a new computer in january and i literally just. never logged in. mspa i would check back here and there would be no purple sharpedoes and id be like, huh, i guess we all died but. nope

octi thats the sweetest thing in the world?????? holy shit
also dee i hope your recovery is going smoothly!!!!

i did a bingo too lemme find it...
Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 36 Image

man it's been a long time since i used any bbcode. i feel like a 12-year-old again :V
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:15 am

Okay guys I swear $20 just flew out of my wallet right there, I am so excited for octolings (but I still have to do the rest of the single-player, oops). I'm sad about the lack of Pokemon news, but this'll do for now.

Also, I second dee--I want to see Sparkwork! (Spartwork? This pun seems a lot worse in hindsight.) And I'm pretty glad we didn't all die, that'd be pretty bad as things go. Uh. Yep.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:37 am

sparks art is really good and hes been WORKING on a COOL STORY lately about CRYPTIDS that he should REALLY TELL US ABOUT (wink wonk wink wonk)
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 37 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37  Next