Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀

+12
tinning3
d_what
Captain
Sandstriker
Spark Eletran
NinteNerd
muffinz
OverlordJ
Gelatino
cephalopodAscendant
invisibleTerrarium
Hanky Panky
16 posters

Page 35 of 37 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

Go down

If both were guaranteed to happen in sequence, which would you rather have released next?

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 35 I_vote_lcap0%Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 35 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 35 I_vote_lcap100%Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 35 I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 1

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 35 Empty Re: Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀

Post by ilikeoctopus Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:45 am

Okay, okay, I thought really hard about how much I liked Malamar but ended up booting him off for Aggron. Sad

As for bred/trained--I have a nice Alakazam/Metagross sitting around, but not much more than that for my hypothetical team. They're all just Pokes I've played with in-game.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 35 Empty Re: Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:16 pm

Yeah, I haven't really bred any of mine either. I would have included Malamar, but Alolan Muk and Metagross already had those types covered, so it felt redundant.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:02 pm

That reminds me. I still have copies of the Malamar/Crobat/Sharpedo/Gengar/Jolteon from that giveaway lying around. And a random Charmander I bred for Octi, I think? It's called Firecracker, but I don't remember why.

https://www.dragonflycave.com/favorite-list?favs=JCEBDTEDKWKyHNEzMFDyLCL_CoDnKLJJFfGm Did the thingy to try to figure out what my favourites actually are. It's weird, but I consistently forget that I really like Magnezone. I've liked it since its debut, but somehow I keep forgetting it. I guess it's just past the line in my "favourites" marked "real emotional attachment". Sucks to be mag Sad
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:30 pm

d_what wrote:Sucks to be mag Sad

You sure you don't play Warframe? Because that quote is equally applicable to that game. Poor Mag has been struggling for a long time now...
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:48 pm

I feel like I'd remember if I played Warframe, if I played Warframe? Moreover, I'd probably know what Warframe is. Imma call coincidence.

Was getting back to SR'ing a Raikou - even with Hyper training, Hidden Power's a bitch - and lo, the top comment on the current Smogon viability ranking thread is talking about Raikou sets. Poor Raikou lost a lot this gen :<

Also, loathe as I am to complement SM, the way they handle Battle Boxes is *really* nice.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:50 pm

Well, we've got another trailer. Damn these games are shaping up to be interesting. They're also ready to preload from the eShop in Japan, Europe, and North America, clocking in at just under 3.7 GB.

Spoiler:
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:47 am

Spoiler:
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:26 am

quote below
Spoiler:

SEMI RELATED

THESE TRAILERS HAVEN'T BUDGED MY HYPE LEVEL EVEN A BIT (it's still -1)
Okay, the RR remix was really neat (+2), but then they reused XY's Kanto legendary theme (-2 for lack of effort). Net gain/loss of 0 hype points.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:44 pm

Spoiler:
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Nov 03, 2017 3:56 pm

Spoiler:
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:47 pm

Heeeeey spark. Question from last page. If you had to make a competitive team, but only out of your top 5 favourites, (saving obvious things like Mudkip, which wouldn't function) what would they be?

Alternatively written: if you were basically Cynthia, out purely to curbstomp kids and challenge player characters with your faves, what would they be?

Edit: OCTI ONLY CLICK THIS WHEN YOU'VE READ THE LATEST GLOWWORM
Spoiler:
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:21 am

Leaks are leaking. I've browsed most since I don't care this time.

Behind the button are thoughts regarding new movepool additions to existing Pokemon, read them if you want.
Spoiler:

Yo IT if you don't want general spoilers but do want to hear about a small buff to one of your faves click below
Spoiler:

I'm still very whelmed.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:09 pm

It's definitely some interesting info. This is going to be one unusual generation for sure.

Spoiler:
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:53 am

Spoiler-related thoughts on visual design

Spoiler:
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:14 pm

Not-very-productive response to spoiler-related thoughts on visual design

Spoiler:

I'm actually really conflicted as to whether or not to buy one of the new games; on one hand it's another Pokemon game and those are generally fun, but on the other it seems like there are a lot of negative things being said about them from people who have actually been following the news. And since I'm planning on dropping some nontrivial amount of money on Odyssey, is it really worth it? Hmmm.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:53 pm

Yeah I'm only buying it because I'll be on monitoring duty overnight during Black Friday-Cyber Monday and I'll need something to keep myself entertained/awake, and in prior years those things have been new video games. I don't have a Switch, which really just leaves USUM; if it wasn't for that I'd probably skip them until at *least* I have a house paid for. I'm definitely not buying them on Release.

I'd buy Odyssey if I had a Switch, and I'd be very happy with it. And eventually Splatoon 2, maybe the Champion's Ballad DLC for BotW if it turns out to be good.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:13 pm

Spoiler:

odyssey is SO GOOD tbh. I think GotY goes to it for me? But it's pretty contested between BotW and Odyssey depending on the person.

(also I suck at competitive so I cant answer ur question)
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:58 pm

Spoiler:

I still need to get a copy of Breath of the Wild. I'm in the same camp as d_what as far as Odyssey goes; I'll try to get a Switch one of these days, but it still doesn't feel all that urgent.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:00 pm

Definitely pick up BOTW. Purely coincidence, but I've got the soundtrack playing right now on YouTube. It has the same sense of infinite play/discovery that all games used to have when we were kids. Not related:

I signed today!
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:50 pm

I've decided I don't want to get USUM. At least not now. The reviews are solidly good, yeah, but they're always saying "the definitive version of SM" and "a more polished SM" with "some new content"... so, as standalone games they probably do deserve those scores, but from the perspective of someone who's already paid for SM, they're... not a new experience? Never mind from the perspective of someone who found SM intensely disappointing as time went on. I don't want to feel that way again about a Pokemon game. I hope everyone else enjoys them.

I might pick it up in February. February's always a grim month I find. Something about winter gloom + no major events + bad time to take a holiday because the holiday season passed a month ago, so I might be interested in a distraction then.

In the meantime, I still need to buy a game for my overnight shift next weekend. Any suggestions, for Wii U/3DS?
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:18 pm

Metroid: Samus Returns has been pretty fun so far. Just be warned that the game does not go easy on you.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:03 pm

I didn't actually need to buy anything, as it turns out - I was too busy to play much of anything, and the shift was early/short enough that I didn't need anything to keep me awake.

All that said,

Spoiler:

So how's everyone finding USUM? The vox pops I've heard here and there have more or less secured my initial position if not exaggerated it. I'd never considered that third versions in this day and age are actually *poor form* on GF's part since we live in an era of DLC, when such a thing would not have been possible with Emerald or Platinum.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:12 pm

I don't actually have Ultra Moon yet. I'll probably order it soon. In the meantime, I've been trying to stay away from too much info.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:19 pm

Yeah, pretty much my stance on it is - good games, in a vacuum. If you didn't buy SM, probably buy these (though I think I prefer SM's story on a certain level). But if you bought SM? Probably not worth 40 more bucks, unless you've got money and time to spare and are interested in the improvements shown.

The thing that infuriates me the most is that this cements my biggest worry - on one hand, if I buy the first game of each generation shown I'll lose out on the improvements the inevitable enhanced version will bring... but on the other, those enhanced versions aren't inevitable now that we've had BW2 instead of Grey and also no Z version, and not buying the first copy means staying much more out of date. So it's a lose-lose situation, kinda, though I think I'll stick with buying the first ones and hope the enhanced ones are either non-existant or way more of a brand new game.
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:38 pm

^Agree with Spark and have done all the way back when I was teeni babby and thought that while Emerald was objectively better than Ruby, I enjoyed Ruby more because it was a new experience. Le sigh. Likewise for Platinum and BL2 (to an admittedly lesser degree).

I don't know how friends work on the Switch, mine hasn't dispatched yet but is there anything I'll have to do to get you guys added? Yes I could Google it but that's a boring solution to most of life's little mysteries. In practice, I think I've played with Muffinz exactly once in Splatoon and that's been the extent of my Wii U interactions??
Heheh. And then there was the time Spark and I sparred on KI:U for the 3DS. That was fun, wouldn't mind a Switch sequel if they could work out the controls. Sniper no sniping!

-----------
I'm running a Pokémon tcg Cube sesh with some of the guys from the Dublin league on Sunday, it's gonna be totes baller. The current cube is great Very Happy Wish you guys played! https://m.imgur.com/a/GAAg2
-------------

I'm closing on the house on the 11th of December Smile lots of furniture and house decorations to get before then!

I'm going to be so broke.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 37 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next