Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀

+12
tinning3
d_what
Captain
Sandstriker
Spark Eletran
NinteNerd
muffinz
OverlordJ
Gelatino
cephalopodAscendant
invisibleTerrarium
Hanky Panky
16 posters

Page 32 of 37 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37  Next

Go down

If both were guaranteed to happen in sequence, which would you rather have released next?

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 32 I_vote_lcap0%Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 32 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 32 I_vote_lcap100%Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 32 I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 1

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 32 Empty Re: Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀

Post by d_what Tue Jun 06, 2017 11:30 am

OMG WHAT'S THE OPPOSITE OF HYPE

...because I am that. Yay, an alternative version of a game I basically just finished playing. So... a somewhat new story. Because I play Pokemon for the story, yeah? NVM the fact that SM are my least favourite in the series... I may give this one a pass (in that I'll let it release and *eventually* buy it if they fix the quality-of-life issues SM had in comparison to ORAS, and when I can draw up enough interest in it as a title).

I wouldn't mind only it's *so soon*. BW2 was actually pretty great but I was so burnt out on BW that I couldn't appreciate it. Likewise Platinum. Whereas after ORAS, I was more than up to revisiting Kalos in a remake or sequel.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 32 Empty Re: Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:51 pm

Yeah, it's definitely an odd choice. At least it'll shut up all the people expecting a new main series game on the Switch, and it looks like Necrozma won't get the Zygarde treatment.

I am a little surprised they spent so long talking about Pokkén Tournament DX, though; for the most part, the new features are just logical features for any multiplayer Switch game, so the only big news is the five new playable characters.

And lastly, the Gold and Silver Virtual Console releases. I suppose they were inevitable, but it's odd that Crystal wasn't included. Maybe it's because Gold and Silver could still be played on a regular GameBoy, but Crystal needed a GameBoy Color? Either way, GameFreak needs to straighten out Bank's conversion process, since right now it's doing things very differently from the Gen II games.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:23 am

sm were my favorites of the recent generations by far and i trust GF to make this a good game even if those box legends are kind of a mess visually
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:22 am

alright so
speaking as someone who DOES partially play pokémon for the story (lmao)

......yeah USM didn't excite me at first sight. after an analysis of the (sigh) twenty seconds of footage we got, i'm.... a bit more interested? 'cause they seem to be changing things up a little...

but like - honestly? the story is really what's gonna dictate whether i get these or not. SM were heavily story-focused, so if USM doesn't mix it up HEAVILY with a brand new story (and instead goes the third version route and just changes a few details here and there as well as the climax).... yeah, i'm not getting that.

anyways, though, USM opinions aside - the direct was just.... really oddly done. badly, imo. an 8-minute pokémon direct promising 'special news' should NOT feature six minutes of a pokkén DX trailer and info, one minute of USM stuff, and one minute of GSC VC - especially not by starting off with pokken and having that switch fakeout that just made those guys who actually thought a switch game was happening madder.

imo, they should've started off with USM footage - literally, just begin the direct with a teaser of that. switch over to bring a bit of USM info, then transition into pokkén info and REMOVE that trailer, honestly - that was.... so unnecessary. cut it down to a minute, tops.

the game is nearly the same as the original. even four of the new characters are ones that already are in the arcade version, so seeing them is... not that exciting for those who had been keeping up with news on the game - it's just a "yeah you can be them". the only proper news pokkén-wise were Being A Switch Game, the 3v3 mode (which..... eh), and decidueye.

anyways, let's hope E3 gets us more substantial info! but probably not. i wouldn't get my hopes up
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:53 am

For Ultra S&M (yes that's the abbreviation I'm sticking with), I'm hoping that GameFreak's taking the opportunity to flesh things out a little more and add in some of the stuff that was conspicuously missing from S&M, such as the inaccessible golf course and the National Dex. Also, I know I hated it back during ORAS, but I'd kind of like for them to add in some new Alolan forms, since those were really underutilized; I wouldn't complain about a few new Megas either, but those seem much less likely.

As for the Direct itself, I kind of understand why they did it that way, even if it was annoying. Ultra S&M will basically sell themselves, and they never give us very much information about the main games during the initial reveal. Meanwhile, Pokkén Tournament DX is probably going to need a lot of marketing, since the original had to fight against the Wii U's lack of momentum and the Switch is still not quite in a solid position. I do agree that they could have been much more concise about it, though; all they really had to say is "guess what, we're doing basically the same thing as Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, there's also a new 3v3 mode and these new characters".

Nintendo's presentation at E3 this year should be interesting, but I don't know how much Pokémon news we should expect. They don't usually cover the main series games at E3, so I doubt we'll see anything about Ultra S&M, and I don't really see what else they could say about Pokkén Tournament DX.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:45 pm

So E3 was a thing I guess?

Still a little bummed about having to pay for an additional internet service if I get a switch... yeah, it's less than Sony/Microsoft would ask for, but it's more than what I was paying before, and I'm not gonna use any services besides the basics. Still, that's next years problem since hopefully I'll be too broke to afford a switch before then.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:15 pm

It was definitely an interesting year, although I wish Nintendo hadn't frontloaded things quite so much. Save a little excitement for each day. Still, it was fantastic for Metroid fans; I didn't think we'd be getting anything, much less two new games, one of which is a new Prime game. Super Mario Odyssey looks really good, but it's a 3D Mario game, so that's not surprising; still not a huge fan of the art style, but if I can possess a Blooper, that's all I need. The Superstar Saga remake should be fun, especially with the new campaign they're adding. Sonic Forces looks like a massive trainwreck waiting to happen; you'd think they'd have learned by now that Sonic and edgy don't mix well. I didn't pay very close attention to anything else from the conference, though; I don't have any kind of XBox or PlayStation, and I'm sure I'll see the PC games I care about pop up on Steam closer to release.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:15 pm

Some progress on the property front... it's looking tentatively likely that my final bid on a new property will be accepted.

It's waaaaaaaay over budget! I'm going to be literally house poor. But only for a couple of months, so it's a decision I'm willing to make :V

3 bed semi-D, excellent condition, riverfront, about 15 minute drive from work. Pretty solid all things considered. But the auctioneer is a douchebag >Sad *Totally* bounced my bid against the wall a couple of times.

Octi, are you watching the We've got Worm podcast? It's really good - and WBow's last comment to the podcasters (is there a better word? Hosts?) asked them were they considering continuing into a W2 cast, and that they'd probably have a couple of chapters to catch up on... implying the sequel will have started before the guys have finished! Aaaaaaah excited
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:18 pm

Hey, that's pretty cool. Other than the over-budget part, obviously. We're rooting for you!
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:54 pm

Yeah well it went bust Neutral Got the call this morning - the other bidder came flying in after the fact (final bids were supposed to be in last tuesday????) and offered a figure which was above my already severely stretched budget, and the vendor accepted it.

Bleh. I like to believe that each and every country excels in the present at fucking up in at least one specific way and right now Ireland's is Housing.

EDIT: newish Pokemon piano player on the youtube scene! His covers are great. I'd very much like a Oceanic Museum ((secretly SS. Anne)) theme cover Smile
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:25 pm

the miitopia demo is incredible please pick it up if you can
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:29 pm

Eh, I'd probably pay 10 for it. 39.99? Pass. I could buy a Tapu Lele for that kind of money.

I'd have appreciated the ability to pre-define relationships between miis. E.g. "sister" or "best bud". For immersion purposes. Also, it probably would have been more fun if SOME PEOPLE had added my new FC after my 3DS broke!
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:55 pm

but counterpoint, dee: The Demo Is Free and you get at least like an hour of enjoyment out of it

i think familial relations would've made sense but part of the fun of it is to watch your mii just sorta Grow together (since you can manipulate it to an extent), so anything more would be weird

also the soundtrack is way better than any mii game's ost deserves to be
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Jun 28, 2017 5:55 pm

d_what wrote:if SOME PEOPLE had added my new FC

pssst u r the people and the people is u ((and a bunch of other u's))

Yeah no I totally downloaded it and played it to completion. Leveled up all my dudes to level 6-and-a-bit just to see if I could squeeze any more out of it. Was fun, but I wouldn't buy it at its current price point. My imagination is a fairly fun place to be in on its own and it was firing madly as I was playing (mostly reigniting the aul' homestuck neurons as I imagined what it would be like to play a game where I was a knight with mind powers and an icy tree scythe and then unleashed mad friendship combos with [insert friend].)
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:13 am

well I ain't lookin up that fc so gimmie it again and I'll add you :0
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Jul 01, 2017 6:28 am

5430 1903 2833

**IMPORTANT, D_WHAT HAS NEW CODE, PLZ RE-ADD**

Was just browsing through old pages on this thread to find it because my phone is closer to me than my DS is... I think I may have got carried away on page 21.
it was most wonderful
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:03 pm

I had to go back and check to see if page 21 was what I thought it was; I was indeed correct. Apparently the main topic at the time was S&M pre-release info and leaks; crazy to think how much excitement we had for the games back then.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:58 pm

Are You Happy Yet Dee

good god i remember that
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:06 pm

I am relatively happy as of right now, yes. Could use more houses and fewer eating disorders but otherwise life is swimmingly OK.

Oh you meant friend codes. Yeah that too!

Apropos of nothing... well maybe kind of friend codes I guess... I've been playing a lot of Splatoon (1) lately, if anyone wants to join me some evening/morning/whatever ungodly hours you foreign savages use during the vastly superior GMT+1 times that I happen to be active in.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:54 am

i need splatoon 2 in my life this instant
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:34 am

me too thanks

Only not really since I won't get a switch for ages. But it's a day 1 purchase all the same. Here's hoping for a Slosher with Splash Wall and Baller!
Original is still inkredibly playable, though. Makes you wonder if Splatoon is going to be a COD style IP... Constant sequels with relatively minimal gameplay differences, not like *most* of Nintendo's IPs. But hey, the game doesn't really need any changes to be fun.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:44 am

I bid on a third house yesterday and the bid was accepted this morning :O I told the seller I was pushing for a quick sale and put a timer of 10 days on the bid... Clearly they agreed! Gotta go fast. I won't believe it until I've signed for it, but still, things are more hopeful than they were either of the other two times, since this one is officially agreed on and there aren't external complications.

Also I overpaid so they can't complain the price isn't high enough.

The house is... Cute! Relatively small, but well laid out and organised. A really nice but manageable south facing rear garden, 3 bedrooms (though the third is effectively a closet), 1 living room (small tho), 1 kitchen/dining, bathroom, ensuite, and a toilet/sink combo hidden under the stairs. And it's seven minutes from work! Suits me perfectly... If it actually goes through and I don't get hit by a bus in the meantime. *Fingers crossed*
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:34 pm

Nice! We're rooting for you!
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:54 pm

Some mad déjà vu in this thread :V
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Jul 29, 2017 3:24 am

SPLATOON 2 IS SO GOOD BTW I LOVE IT A LOT
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 37 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 37  Next