Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀

+12
tinning3
d_what
Captain
Sandstriker
Spark Eletran
NinteNerd
muffinz
OverlordJ
Gelatino
cephalopodAscendant
invisibleTerrarium
Hanky Panky
16 posters

Page 18 of 37 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 37  Next

Go down

If both were guaranteed to happen in sequence, which would you rather have released next?

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 18 I_vote_lcap0%Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 18 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 18 I_vote_lcap100%Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 18 I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 1

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 18 Empty Re: Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀

Post by CaptainNessbot Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:44 am

WHOO BOY

Even reading that gives me a good idea of how I'd react. I am terrified of blood and gore, and the fear of somehow getting hurt in everyday life has made me take much fewer risks than most kids my age.

However, when it comes to injuries that are happening RIGHT NOW, I actually...sort of lock up and get very calm and clinical. I recently had a trip to the emergency room, and despite bleeding fucking everywhere, I wasn't very worried. In the moment, I have more of an "ok let's solve this problem" mentality. Fear comes later.

So I would probably be worried, of course, but mostly calm about things. Taking stock of things, trying to figure out if this is a survivable injury. A horrible panic attack is surely on the horizon, though.

Since this is kinda long and I write short paragraphs (plus I need to check everyone's shit), I'll leave the input on other people's powers and stuff to another post.
CaptainNessbot
CaptainNessbot
Youngster

Back to top Go down

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 18 Empty Re: Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀

Post by d_what Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:43 pm

wtf since when has HS volume 10 been a thing, how did i miss that

holy the vocal part of creata ima cry :O

v I will admit had the update happened without the pause I would have been disappointed by several things. Particular Karkat's... anti-arc? But separation kicked in, so I didn't care so much then and there

Last edited by d_what on Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Jul 09, 2016 5:44 pm

Since 6/12. I should probably give it a listen one of these days, but... I don't know, Homestuck just feels like it kind of fizzled out.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sun Jul 10, 2016 12:52 am

three people recognized my dave shirt at art camp today i am Shit

also: can someone do my power??
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:49 am

Yes.

When we have other people contribute. Otherwise it's Grapefruit county, population: you, bruh!

d_what wrote:
That's it. That is all you have to do to get a power. In fact, you can't even do anything else; the person getting the power CANNOT partake in that power's discussion. So your job is done.

BUT you're leaving us with all the work, so we're probably gonna be really brutal and give you a meagre power with loads of drawbacks. Instead, contribute to the power party!
d_what wrote:
Another fairly obvious thing is that we've got some people doing a LOT of the heavy lifting on the power building :V That doesn't matter *now*, since people have reasons, but if before voting we have a similar spread of comments, I'm gonna be *brutal* with the downside dice rolls. (In that I'm going to use them, liberally.)
d_what wrote:
Please also provide input on our existing stuff + iT's trigger 'cause right now we are running on a heavy backlog!
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:26 pm

ok but on participating in the feedback on trigger responses stuff

1. i have like no time i'm working a full time job this summer and i literally get home from it and go straight to sleep thats how tired i am

2. telling me that im gonna have shitty powers if i dont participate isnt cool and just makes me less likely to want to participate

3. i dont know the original work that this is derived from at all so i dont know if im doing things wrong and i dont do things if im gonna do them wrong

4. i dont have anything to say that hasnt been said. i am bad at making judgments, unlike other ppl, and everything that has been said so far seems fine
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainNessbot Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:29 pm

I have no idea where to start and what I'm supposed to do, and even having read the explanation I don't fully understand so I don't feel like I'm super qualified sorry,,,
CaptainNessbot
CaptainNessbot
Youngster

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Jul 10, 2016 5:35 pm

^ It's cool if you can't or don't have time to, IRL stuff is stuff that happens (in IRL). iT has camp and OJ is internetless, and this is definitely not a must-do task by anyone's definition. On the flip side, though, no-one's obligated to fill the gaps left, either; this is totally an opt-in, opt-out setup and it rides on having roughly equal parts fuel and participation. ATM contributors have put in roughly... 5 times as much as they get out of it, and that's a really weird ratio to have, so reluctance to increase it any further is pretty reasonable IMO, if hella salty on my part *personally*... Especially in regards to providing motivation, Carrot/Stick style. I can't speak for anyone else here, but I'm kinda like Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 18 I_tried__now_in_4k_by_hudgeba778-d698qh2 on it. I don't mind doing the heavy lifting tbh, since it's honestly my jam and words come easy to me, but I hate drowning everyone else out (cough cough postcount cough) and I definitely don't want to push octi/spark/ss to put in more than they have already.

I've done this in real life, and it's way easier then since everyone's grouped around a table and can chat conversationally, bouncing ideas off of dumb comments pretty much instantly. Obviously it's more difficult to do that via interwebs. But I guess the analogy there is if someone is at that table and not saying anything at all after trigger allocation, or leaves after 5 minutes (took us about half an hour I think, including writing the triggers), nobody else is really gonna push themselves to provide more info than the very bare minimum as the situation demands. Which is probably nothing, really.

--------------------------------------

Alternatively, if we want to just collectively draw a line and say "nah let's skip the discourse and just get powahs now, capes agogo, laserbeams activate", since it's getting on a bit, I could pretty quickly pump out a single spoilered power to fill the bare minimum for each person left, and then we drop everything immediately after that and vote on the remaining ones, call it a day, and get down to.. idk rping or costume design or something. That might suit people better since the guys that find the discourse fun have probably already done all of their discoursing by now.

Original alternative to that:

Follow steps, develop powers. Spoilered for shorthand assertive notes on how to do it. Simple but totally valid example provided.
Spoiler:
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:29 pm

Heyyy guys I'm back sorry for the delay. Though I admit a good bit of the delay was due to Pokemon GO. I really do enjoy doing these (though quality of content may vary), so here we go!

IT:
Spoiler:

My laundry's almost done and I may have to pop out for a while, but rest assured I'll get to Cap when I can!
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:13 pm

Finally managed to get Pokémon GO to cooperate. Level 6 on Team Valor. My best Pokémon is a Golbat I found at the haircut place.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandstriker Sun Jul 10, 2016 11:09 pm

I kind of want to wait for OJ's suggestions before i work on some power descriptions, so that's a bit on why I haven't been saying much.

Also, i'd totally be up for an RP with these powers :0
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:07 am

i'm in new hampshire and i am drowning in drowzee
why drowzee??? why are there so many??
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:44 pm

d_what wrote:RIP OJ, press F to pay respects!

Maybe he's trapped in a time anomaly. From what I know of Germans, they hold timeliness in high regard, so this is clearly the only reasonable explanation. We shall have to rescue him! Super team, mobilize! Only we don't have powers yet ;_;

((We could be the...Quaran-team? Although that might cause confusion among some Islamic bystanders.))

The time anomaly known as study stress before the exam period, I'm gonna try catch up to this forum now, sorry for the long wait
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:28 pm

Wait, you have exams? My summer break's a little more than halfway over by now.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:15 pm

Regular study ends this week, core exam time is from 18th to the 13th next month
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:27 am

Remind me; I'm the only one of you schmucks who's actually graduated, yes? :[

This must be what Hanky felt like.
GET ORFA MA LAWRN pesky kids...
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:55 am

you can't tell us what to do, gramps!

...I promise I'll get to this soooon maybe after work today
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Jul 14, 2016 12:36 pm

I haven't graduated yet, but I'm pretty close. Just one more semester to go. Hooray for the department being too small to offer any upper-level classes more than once every other year.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:20 pm

What kinda upperlevel classes? AFAIK here they're just... classes. Extra projects can exist, of course, but they'd still be the same "level". Still on track to doing a postgrad?
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Jul 14, 2016 1:31 pm

Basically, classes with subject matter intended to be an appropriate difficulty level for juniors and seniors. This stuff is what you take once you're done with the intro-level classes for the major.

And yes, I'm still looking at a master's. I've been applying to grad schools this summer, so we'll see how all that pans out.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:10 pm

Well, on that note, winter break's just started for me mspa

You know what that means... only one semester of high school left. ...how... pleasant.
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:52 am

Yeah, I kind of fucked up on my study stuff before, so, if everything had went acording to plan, I should have graduated like a year ago, but it didn't go acording to plan because I'm a big dumbdumb, so, yeah...
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:46 am

New S&M trailer. There's a lot, and some of it is pretty juicy.

Spoiler:
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:40 pm

I'm very happy with all of the news lately and I'm actually a little excited now. Here's to hoping they haven't managed to fuck everything up!

Spoiler:

I'm doing art for smogon's fb page! Wip!!
Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 18 Mgyarathirdquarter_by_dunnyct-daagny7
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandstriker Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:46 pm

That looks amazing!
Spoiler:
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 37 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 27 ... 37  Next