Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀

+12
tinning3
d_what
Captain
Sandstriker
Spark Eletran
NinteNerd
muffinz
OverlordJ
Gelatino
cephalopodAscendant
invisibleTerrarium
Hanky Panky
16 posters

Page 15 of 37 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 26 ... 37  Next

Go down

If both were guaranteed to happen in sequence, which would you rather have released next?

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 15 I_vote_lcap0%Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 15 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 15 I_vote_lcap100%Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 15 I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 1

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 15 Empty Re: Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀

Post by invisibleTerrarium Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:00 pm

godfuckiggdamnit xkit works too slow. caught a full-frontal of the lil yellow fairy bug before the post disappeared and i saw tiny blinks of something round and grey and some completely unidentifiable twisty yellow thing. my brother tells me there were 7 newbies in total so i am zealously avoiding all corners of the internet ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 15 Empty Re: Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:04 pm

Maybe you should just stay off Tumblr if you have to depend on an extension to hide from spoilers. Either that, or give in and be okay with seeing information we're getting from promotional materials. They're not going to reveal the entire Pokédex before the game is released, and there really hasn't been any plot information beyond starting town stuff yet.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:49 am

People, remember not to post post only containing a single spoiler with Pokemon spoilers beneath it, try to always include something on topic in your posts. Also, I got logged out so I didn't see people were posting so much, gotta go read about the super powers and stuff.

On the note of the pokemon spoilers though:
Spoiler:

EDIT:

I feel I should clarify my issue with the trigger I got. My issue is that 1) I can't think of a way in which I would try to aid a person in such a situation, like, what could I even try to do before it happens to them again? And 2) I am not sure if that would/could actually be enough to trigger me? Like, is just being sad about stuff enough to trigger something? Because Planeswalker stuff needs to be lifechanging (which usually means something hugely traumatic, like "Oh no, my planet is getting wiped out" or "Oh no, I just accidentally killed all my friends" or "Oh no, I tried to heal my brother but turned him into a zombie" or "Oh no, I was frozen in time for ages while being in a constant state of BURNING ALIFE!" or the ever popular "Oh no, I just ended a war between me and my brother by basically nuking this place and killing everyone in any nearby country, shucks") and I don't feel like "Oh no, person I care about was caused suffering by someone else and there was nothing I could do" is something that'd change my life, I mean, there IS nothing I could do about MOST form of suffering that could befall people close to me, and sure, them suffering is really unfortunate, but not like I could have done anything about that in the first place?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:50 am

Yeah a few misconceptions here I think.

OverlordJ wrote:
I feel I should clarify my issue with the trigger I got. My issue is that 1) I can't think of a way in which I would try to aid a person in such a situation, like, what could I even try to do before it happens to them again?

I think you're reading into it too much. The aim of the game isn't to solve the trigger, or to react to it in any particular way. Often, powers gained in a trigger will have no effect on the outcome of the trigger event, or can even make the situation worse. Usually powers that kick-in immediately and fix the trigger are ones where the trigger-ee is in lifethreatening danger, since powers don't appreciate getting nix'd on birth. If you are confused and lost and feeling useless, that's a valid response to the event. So is apathy, or anger over expectations from other people. Those are the kinds of things that we're looking for, not "I suddenly come up with a clever solution to all of everyone's problems."

But, if after this you still don't feel you have the capacity for an emotional response to this situation, we can reroll.

And 2) I am not sure if that would/could actually be enough to trigger me? Like, is just being sad about stuff enough to trigger something? Because Planeswalker stuff needs to be lifechanging (which usually means something hugely traumatic, like "Oh no, my planet is getting wiped out" or "Oh no, I just accidentally killed all my friends"

This one is easy to answer. The answer is: People who don't have superpowers are regular people. People who do have superpowers are still regular people... before they get superpowers.

Basically, none of this stuff really happens to real people. That's marketing, story telling, character building; most capes aren't characters that are going to have a movie made about them. The odds of capes to non-capes is about 1/8000; and it's not that trigger events are that rare, it's that that's how many people can have official powered trigger events. Most people who can, do, and most people who do don't do it in fantastical situations like the above. Failing an exam can genuinely be a traumatic event IF you're the kind of person to whom failing an exam is traumatic. For similar reasons, people with fragile mental states, bullied people, and people under the poverty line are way more likely to trigger, but only because of the age-old adage: "shit happens". I will admit, a lot of triggers we have wouldn't be triggers for a lot of people. We're fairly tame.

That said, all of that stuff could totally happen AFTER your trigger. Powers tend to exacerbate your problems pretty drastically. I guess those things could be a second trigger?

"Oh no, I was frozen in time for ages while being in a constant state of BURNING ALIFE!"

fuckin' lol @ this, it actually happened/is possibly still happening in Worm
but it was to a cape so they'd already had their trigger a long time ago
it would definitely be a trump second trigger though
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:58 am

hey d/anyone else, did you have any input on my powers? Only Sand responded is all
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:02 pm

Yeah I do sorry, I'm just in a busy situation ATM and couldn't devote much thought to it :V Being creative takes effort!

(also I'm totally not at work rn)

;D
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:25 pm

I have to leave to catch a train soon, but, well, in that case, it still feels like that'd just be a generic "Well, this sucks" moment to me then something triggering, but if "Well, this sucks" and me being unhappy about it is enough, then I guess it is enough. And I do understand that the powers aren't supposed to solve the issue, it's that my trigger was

Spoiler:

The bolded part is my issue, like, what would I have been trying to accomplish at that point, there is literally nothing I can think of that I could do to aid them. And I mean that as "Me, a being without powers, who is not expecting to get any powers, have no way of assisting you in your struggle in any way"

Also, I'd probably feel kind of shitty AFTER triggering that THEY suffered and I got powers for it, like, sheesh, THEY are the ones having the rough time, feels kind of like I'd be the asshole that makes the problems of others all about themself instead of about the actual victims. But this isn't directly related to my emotions in the moment of the trigger, so I feel like that's unrelated.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandstriker Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:46 pm

you're there as emotional support for your sibling. you dont want to just ditch someone close to you who's suffering
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:53 pm

Looks like the English trailer has cleared up some more info.

Spoiler:
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:58 pm

badoop doop:

Sorry about the wait captain. I was getting Tinker vibes and Tinkers are a tough class. The other guys don't even know :V (Although SS's got some good stuff which I'll get to later)

This is the closest trigger we've got so far to being a Tinker and I'm totally projecting. In reality, if it's a Tinker power, it's a pretty weak one, since the problem solving is minimal and sparse. Not a mover, nor shaker, nor brute, not breaker. Probable Thinker. Not Master, other people might have had Stranger, but I don't think it applies specifically. Definitely not Trump. Changer might come into it, as a "my role no longer exists, I cannot function in society as myself anymore" kinda way.

Off the top of my head, there are a couple of super loose ideas in regards to what any of those classifications could do with the event. Largely, it's base problem-solving; what can I do to get out of this mess? Except if the consequences are in the present and not the future, the question is then "what could I have done to get out of this mess?"

Spoiler:

All of these are in HEAVY beta. Not even v.1, more like v.0 until someone else jumps in with ideas or adjustments. Or combinations or splits. Or further vetoes!

Tentative codenames: FOREBRINGER v.0, FLEX & FLOW v.0., FRESH START: Vetoed. FRANKENSTEIN v.0., REWIND v.0., PAUSE v.0., CALENDAR v.0.

E: Maybe combine "frankenstein" with "calendar", especially applied to self?
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:44 pm

I don't have siblings and I never had to emotionally support any member of my family, so, as I said, I have absolutely no idea what I would even do. The entire trigger situation is so far removed from anything I can relate to in real life that "I'd feel sad and sorry for them" is both my best and my only guess to how I'd feel in this situation.

But that feels a lot like saying "Yes, this unfortunate situation surely is not very fortunate, so, I'm gonna feel not good about how bad thing are", if that's enough for you guys to work with, alright, but it feels like a bit of a cop out on my part.

As for Pokemon
Spoiler:
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:20 pm

Spoiler:

On another subject (sorta)...
People, remember not to post post only containing a single spoiler with Pokemon spoilers beneath it, try to always include something on topic in your posts.
...oj. oj pls read what ur saying. pokémon IS on topic :V
i ain't gonna make up some other bullshit to say just so i can talk about the main subject here, there's no problem with pokéspoiler posts

also: YEAH SORRY I STILL HAVE TO GO READ THE EVERYTHING

imma do it this weekend for sure and the comment on all the Power Stuff
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:39 pm

It was more a "don't make a post only containing spoilers, those are really annoying/tempting if someone wants to stay spoiler free" then a "stay on topic" kindof thing.

Also, since I haven't gotten around to reading worm yet, how do people with unnoticable powers know they triggered?

Also, does the trigger have to be the worst event so far in their life or just something bad?

Like, if I watch the love of my life get murdered in front of my eyes in a brutal fashion and a few months later s stumble on some stairs and break my ankle, could the second thing be my trigger without the first one triggering me first?

EDIT: Hey, how closely are these supposed to be based on us again? Because I came up with an incredibly douchy reaction to my trigger that could be my douchiest superhero OC yet, which, mind you, includes someone who is literally just a super powered bully, who fights villains because noone is upset when he mentally scars villains for life.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:22 pm

OverlordJ wrote:
Also, since I haven't gotten around to reading worm yet, how do people with unnoticable powers know they triggered?
AFAIK you just *know*. It's like having a limb come out of your back. You can't see it, but you know it's there to be used.

Also, does the trigger have to be the worst event so far in their life or just something bad?

Like, if I watch the love of my life get murdered in front of my eyes in a brutal fashion and a few months later s stumble on some stairs and break my ankle, could the second thing be my trigger without the first one triggering me first?

Seems unlikely, but canonically, yes. Often it'll be an intial horrible circumstance and then "the straw that breaks the camel's back"; alternatively, the trigger event itself has to match a certain type of power which you were always gonna have. So maybe you were always supposed to have a Brute power, so your mom dying didn't cause you to trigger but a stab wound would. But that's conjecture. Being bad isn't enough though. It has to be something that you can't ever completely let go of. You can bandaid over it, or work past it, but it'll haunt you like a shadow.

Hey, how closely are these supposed to be based on us again? Because I came up with an incredibly douchy reaction to my trigger that could be my douchiest superhero OC yet, which, mind you, includes someone who is literally just a super powered bully, who fights villains because noone is upset when he mentally scars villains for life.

Not at all. iT's problem again; the powers are like a job you got assigned to you at a lottery. They're not a horoscope through which you can assume character traits or a personality test. They're a challenge that you are "challenged" to deal with!
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:50 pm

In that case, my character triggered on the second time his sister got raped because now all his effort to help her after she got raped the first time was wasted. Like, sheesh, he has put some time and effort into making her feelings better so everyone could see what a great and supportive guy he is and now some punk comes along and ruins all that by raping her again!

(My question was in part that I saw no reason why I would be triggered by the second time it happened but not by the first, like, the first time she got raped I would have felt just as bad for her, so why would I only get triggered on the second time it happened?)
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:03 pm

OverlordJ wrote:In that case, my character triggered on the second time his sister got raped because now all his effort to help her after she got raped the first time was wasted. Like, sheesh, he has put some time and effort into making her feelings better so everyone could see what a great and supportive guy he is and now some punk comes along and ruins all that by raping her again!

(My question was in part that I saw no reason why I would be triggered by the second time it happened but not by the first, like, the first time she got raped I would have felt just as bad for her, so why would I only get triggered on the second time it happened?)

Ah. Okay, this one is straightforward enough to answer too. A lot of people would be able to handle something as horrible as that the first time around. People can be strong. You tell yourself that things will get better, focus on the practical, do what you can to handle this horrible event that other people have also suffered through.

And then despite all that recovery and strength and positive thinking it happens AGAIN. Unavoidable. In uncharted territory and nobody, not even yourself, can describe the feelings you have. You really don't think your sister could ever recover from this. You don't know if any of you can. How do you possibly recover? And it's just too much for your brain and heart to handle. You thought you were all doing well and you were not only wrong, you were ultimately useless. (note that the trigger never said what happened the second time. But assuming the same thing happened again is a valid instinctive response.)
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:31 pm

Yeah, see, if the character was supposed to me, I don't think I'd think that? Like, I'd either give up right away or not at all, I think? But again, this is so far removed from anything I know about, I really can't know anything.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:11 pm

celaphodAscendant wrote:Speaking as an outsider who's been trying (and probably failing) to follow things online, it seems like nobody really thought Brexit through, either as a voter or a politician. The only upside I can possibly see is that maybe it'll shock Americans enough to realize what a bad idea electing Trump would be, and even that's pretty iffy (and not much direct help to y'all). Between Brexit, our presidential elections, the Olympics in Rio, and probably more stuff I just don't know about, things are seriously screwed up right now.
don't forget the brazillian political fuckup, our president's fuckin' gone :0

ok onto powers

DEE:

SS:

CAP:

Also, any more thoughts on my Possible Powers (PP)? Wanna read more bout those, 's fun

oh ye and - Should we think of these as Ourselves and base it all on us as much as possible or is it more like just... characters we could Make with some influences from our reactions? I am sliiiightly confused now :0
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Jul 01, 2016 7:51 pm

I'm probably gonna post some stuff on the powers in about 24 hours, got some stuff to take care of first.
But yeah, not sure on how much they are supposed to be us, either.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:12 pm

Darnit I've kind of lost track of who has what trigger. Forgive me if I miss some:

SS:
Spoiler:

Cap:
Spoiler:
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:17 pm

On Octi's SS:

+1 for correct use of Manton Effect!

Spoiler:

Proposed edit: codename "RESONANT, v.2":
Spoiler:
y/n?
-------------------------------------------------------------
On Octi + SS's Captain suggestion:

holy moly Octi how far have you gotten in Worm :V I had no idea you were actually reading it already? Here was me thinking I'd just described the Manton effect as being obvious in context. OH WELL LOL
Spoiler:

proposed leaf (pls advise) - codename "SET 5, PASS v.1.5:"
Spoiler:

OJ, I meant to say this yesterday, if you want another trigger event, you can use this:
Spoiler:
Ya gotta commit to it though! (also because of the specifics this will have to be the last power we generate. It requires at least twice the amount of work as the others do.)
Same nouns!

On Captain's shiz and my previously mentioned Frankencalendar hybrid:

So, "Focal" Tinkers have an object of their focus. For *reasons* I can loosely (very loosely) apply this to the trigger. Imma say said object is "himself." "Hyperspecialist" tinkers have one FIELD of focus. This one isn't as clear tbh, but none of the Tinker aspects are, and I think because it's not REALLY a tinker power. But I am determined!

Spoiler:

Proposed for captain - codename "CLOCKWORK MAN, v....1 + 1?":
Spoiler:

-------------------------------------

EDIT: WAIT spark which power for sandstriker are you a fan of, because I had two :V

Last edited by d_what on Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:40 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : whitespace)
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:13 pm

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1C5eHioVFmRzXIqucyAd6i-j-kuG0T0APIU19781c79U/edit?usp=sharing

I put together a basic spreadsheet because it's getting hard to track things. Feel free to add comments and I can edit stuff in later, but I'll still mostly be using this thread. It's kinda nice to see all the leaves in one place!

Also, suggest more leaves and variations if you want, we don't have to just use the ones I'm posting. PARTICULARLY when it comes to my own powers since I can't even do codenames for those :<

Another fairly obvious thing is that we've got some people doing a LOT of the heavy lifting on the power building :V That doesn't matter *now*, since people have reasons, but if before voting we have a similar spread of comments, I'm gonna be *brutal* with the downside dice rolls. (In that I'm going to use them, liberally.)

((Btw I really really like Fata Morgana, way more than I like Stereo and if it's just those two in the final round I'm totally voting for it))
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandstriker Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:31 pm

a lot of the text cuts off on the spreadsheet.

E: Also none of your power stuff we suggested is on there. Is a code name thing necessary for that or is there another reason it's not up?
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:44 pm

More to do with the lack of a single agreed-upon description of the power at a stage where it's unlikely to get any more edits, or small edits. I thought there might have been one but then Spark went at it again :V so if someone wants to take it on themselves to write 3-5 lines on a concrete power then I'll put it in! It can be changed later.

If you double click the boxes, the whole text should appear! Using word wrap or the default mode made the spreadsheet waaaaaaay too big :V

e: heheh you are an anonymous monkey!
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:39 pm

You need to let us edit to make us able to do the double click thing :V

Also wait I didn't read the Sculptor power. Huh. But yeah I meant Flash Freeze!

On Cap's powers... I really like the Set 5, Pass idea though. Reading about it, it works rly well!

Also I can go for making some concrete power descriptions for Dee. Gimmie just a bit!

E: ALSO resonant is super rad too

E2: i did it. i did the power descriptions. they're on the doc
also i'm a codename master as u can see
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 37 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 26 ... 37  Next