Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀

+12
tinning3
d_what
Captain
Sandstriker
Spark Eletran
NinteNerd
muffinz
OverlordJ
Gelatino
cephalopodAscendant
invisibleTerrarium
Hanky Panky
16 posters

Page 9 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23 ... 37  Next

Go down

If both were guaranteed to happen in sequence, which would you rather have released next?

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 9 I_vote_lcap0%Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 9 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 9 I_vote_lcap100%Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 9 I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 1

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 9 Empty Re: Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Jun 02, 2016 8:32 pm

Yeah, most of us wave our nerd flags proudly.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 9 Empty Re: Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀

Post by muffinz Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:39 pm

lunala having only two As in its name instead of three is something i'll have to get used to. i guess we assumed a little too readily that their names would both be completely identical, huh? :V

Spoiler:
that back building looks suspiciously like an E4 building. but if so, where's victory road? is it the huge building in front of it? because i'd honestly be pretty ok with that being the case :0
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:12 am

Yu-Gi-Oh! Talk, spoilered to not bother people that don't want to read it:
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandstriker Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:25 am

OverlordJ wrote:
Yu-Gi-Oh! Talk, spoilered to not bother people that don't want to read it:
I mean, technically it's been possible to win by turn one ever since exodia decks were a thing (and also iirc there wasn't tribute summoning in the original rules, so if you had a kaiba deck and godly RNG, you could easily summon three blue eyes in a few turns and basically win the game right there). It's not really a new concept for Yu-Gi-Oh to be "get out my god monster fast and win" kind of game.
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:39 am

While, technically, Exodia wins are possible from the very start, they are far less reliable then most curren decks. Also, tribute summoning was a thing at least from the very beginning of its release in Germany, so if it wasn't a thing from the very beginning, they at least added it before it came to Germany, meaning it was added VERY quickly. If anything, you could blame The Flute of Summoning Dragons and even that one was both harder to abuse, easier to counter AND far more restricted then anything the current expansions have.

So basically, massive monsters via special summoning WAS possible, but even the big ones were a) harder to summon and b) much less powerful then the stuff they currently use.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Jun 05, 2016 5:37 am

Most of the larger or more powerful monsters weren't even worth the massive costs or investments into using them though. Smaller costs and more availability of special summoning is what made the game more interesting since more stuff could be used.

The early game was very largely summon regular beatstick, lay trap, the opponent does the same, using the same deck. This was the game for years, right up until GX had Cyber Dragon, which could special summon itself with 2100 atk. Chaos did decently for a while with Black Luster Soldier - Envoy and Chaos Sorcerer, but even they were basically beatsticks that were more easily summoned. They both got hit by the banhammer. Likewise, when GX debuted Stratosphere, a level 4 monster, games could end on turn two - again, hit by the hammer. The game was stale outside of a few banworthy new developments, even after the start of archetypes. The only really interesting and varied meta pre-synchro was the zombie/lights work/teleDAD/gladiator beast era, and honestly all of those were much better and even more interesting with Synchros. It blew open the game for more archetypes to be successful. Even now, Zombies are a synchro archetype. LS is a synchro/xyz hybrid. TeleDAD is banned :V
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:15 pm

I strongly disagree, in my opinion, the game had much more to offer before the strong focus on those "archtypes", players rarely had the same decks and though it is true that most tribute summons weren't worth it, special summons DID exist even back then, what changed was simply how COMMON and EASY special summoning is. Granted, in the first couple expansions, not much interessting stuff was going on, I admit that, but Spell Ruler helped a little and ever since Pharaos Servant, things have been fine. However, with The Lost Millenium and the increased focus on theme decks, the game has lost much of its appeal to me, and after the introduction of synchros special summoning has become increasingly easy to the point where, as I said previously, any strategy WITHOUT special summoning simply will not work. It is no longer a strategy, it is the primary mechanic for summoning creatures. It has become so common, it is somewhat ironic to call it "special" summoning when it usually happens more commonly then regular summoning.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:13 am

i just had a dream where they revealed a meowth pre-evo and i woke up really upset that i got spoiled
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:51 pm

'grats it you figured it out
that's the Big News we're freaking out over :0
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:55 pm

IT's detective skills coming into play once again mspa
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:49 pm

Check your home for minors with dartguns, they are the number one cause of sleep detectiving
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:09 pm

MILOTIC FOR UBERS

tl;dr my opponent had no idea how marvel scale worked and i managed to take out his 2/3 ubers and ou team by spamming sleep talk despite making some super dumbass moves earlier in the game

unfortunately for milotic this dude was a sore loser r.i.p.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:52 pm

that was funny Very Happy Randbats is weird tho :O

I totally have to get on showdown and practice. I've my yearly competition to win in three weeks and I don't even have a team!! I can't stop the streak now my friends believe in me too much!!
E; I would like to try a darkspam team but I'm bad at playing offensively. I play balance or bulky offense and have done for years. I'm just really bad at sacking things and grabbing momentum. Denying momentum, sure, not so much taking it. Of the top of my head, Bisharp/Weavile/MLatias/tankchompbro/washingmachinebruh/Heatran; not winning any points for originality but dammit I need consistency when I'm learning. Hmm. Do I even have an offensive Heatran? I don't think I do.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:21 pm

no offense D but that team is incredibly boring!! sure all those things are solid pokemon but my personal philosophy is to always throw something crazy on there. one of the best momentum grabbers out there is MGyara, especially on a darkspam team. you could also try galvantula instead of washingmachinebruh perhaps??? literally just vomiting ideas

if u wanna go the iT's personal bias route there's also always room for trevenant
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:19 pm

invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Jun 10, 2016 4:20 am

Eh mgyara doesn't mesh so well on darkspam. It works too differently, though I do love using it. Mold breaker Taunt is wondeful. Weavile and Bisharp function almost identically which is why they can wear their checks and counters down so well. Galvantula is a huge momentum sink for dubious benefit and Trev is just terrible in OU :/ I say this both as a fervent #teamGourgeist member and also someone who knows that Gourgeist is pretty bad in OU also (both of them).

Latias is almost mandatory for the awesome fighting counter and earthquake resist, plus Defog, plus healing wish. I could go non-mega but I've never used MLatias before so it could be fun. Not sure if I want Roost or Draco Meteor though. Glue-chomp checks Talonflame, Lopunny and sand rush Excadrill, and also sometimes heatran if it doesn't use Will-O', all of whom I'm weak to. Also Stealth Rock. Rotom is just good sense and I love it :V slow pivot for my darks and helps with Talonflame again, but I could replace it. And also Scizor who I'm weak to outside of Garchomp. I'm not pushed on Heatran this time? I wanted to use a Resto-chesto DD regular Gyarados, which would have been fun... except I'm massively weak to fairies, and I forgot that. Heatran packs a quad resist and Flash Cannon, which is hard not to want. I'm putting 'tom and 'tran on probation. Scizor is my go-to fairy counter but he won't work here plus I'm all Scizorred out. Excadrill wants Tyranitar and Tyranitar adds too many redundant weaknesses. I could try Gengar? Although that compounds my weakness to most of the things my Darks are weak to outside of Fighting types. And even then...

Ooh I could try out Volcarona!! I'll have to double down on the rock resist though. I've never used one before and really don't know much about it.
E: nope

Back to the drawing board. Maybe dark core + mega Y, regular latias, uhhh... dammit need to fit pursuit there. Venusaur maybe, only it telegraphs sun team playstyle.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:54 am

I didn't understand most of what you said but I see you considered Gengar and I say, yes, use Gengar.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:13 pm

Actually, the last team I used had a Gengar! It was a neat team featuring Mega Lopunny, Gengar, Bisharp, Slowbro, Heatran and I can't remember the last one so I'm gonna say it was Fat Garchomp. I love me some tanks chomps, it's just such a cool Pokemon in battle. Although actually now that I think about it it was probably Clefable.

Anyway I lost terribly because I am absolutely terrible with offensively inclined Pokemon. I can't play offensively at all. So, yeah, for the sake of Gengar's health and happiness, 0/10 would not use Gengar again.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:38 am

It's that time of the month again: Coro Coro leaks! And this month, we've actually got new information! Although it really shouldn't be this shocking...

Coro Coro stuff:
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:16 am

Spoiler:
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sat Jun 11, 2016 9:16 am

replaying x to distract myself from the spoilers (Ò^Ó)
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Jun 11, 2016 10:39 am

WELL SHIT SON EVEN MORE CRAZIER NEWS 

Spoiler:
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:31 pm

I wanna buy a copy of X! For my friend's birthday. He's only played AS, and with no Z on the horizon now's a good time. But the toy store didn't have any Sad
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:57 pm

AS is clearly the best pokemon game, so warn your friend, to prevent them from being disapointed that the other games aren't as incredible
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:11 pm

Official version of the above news:

Spoiler:
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 37 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 23 ... 37  Next