Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain)

+8
OverlordJ
kotakun
Hanky Panky
cephalopodAscendant
Spark Eletran
muffinz
invisibleTerrarium
tinning3
12 posters

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain) - Page 37 Empty Re: General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain)

Post by OverlordJ Sat May 23, 2015 1:56 am

I haven't played Mystery Dungeon since the Gameboy Advance...
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain) - Page 37 Empty Re: General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain)

Post by muffinz Fri May 29, 2015 3:57 pm

Oh jeez, right! I forgot about that announcement! I forgot to come discuss stuff here! Admittedly this is the fault of the website and not me, because it logged me out for some reason and caused me to go "wow, no new posts still? okay, guess there's nothing here today." every time I checked the website for the past several days.

Alright um yeah this is a cool announcement, I am glad to see it! Ahem, uh, yes. Now that that is out of the way:
So, it's way too early to know anything 'bout the game itself, but basically what I'm hoping for the most is for it to be nothing like GTI. That's kind of a harsh way of stating it, but basically what I mean is that I want more than five fucking options when it comes to starters, more than a tiny, pitifully barren variety of pokèmon to find in the dungeons, more room layouts inside the dungeons so that they don't all feel like exactly the same place, more memorable music, a more interesting plot, more of EVERYTHING that GTI was missing. Oh, it's not a bad game when judged on its own merit, and if GTI was the first PMD than I would've been okay with it. But to see it completely screw up things that the last games did right was majorly disappointing, and that almost completely killed my enjoyment of the game. I don't need the new game to be some kind of masterpiece, I just want it to feel like a worthwhile installment in the series.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri May 29, 2015 6:28 pm

As I said, last time I played Mystery Dungeon was on the Gameboy Advance, so I don't really know what exactly the series did. That said, I did like the one game that I played. Also, I did like the personality quiz thingy, is that still something that happens?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri May 29, 2015 10:34 pm

The DS sequels did pretty much everything the originals did except for the whole Friend Area thing, if I recall correctly. Gates to Infinity... didn't.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri May 29, 2015 11:56 pm

Gates to Infinity was okay. It had some good things (like NO HUNGER, the way the L button worked, and evolving mid-dungeons) and.... some not so good things. Like the starters, or the Pokémon selection, or the way the "outside-the-dungeon" thing was implemented (a cool idea that felt very... barren)...

The plot wasn't as good as PMD2's, but it wasn't bad. There was some stuff I liked, particularly the twist. And the music... Well, I know I liked the first dungeon's and the final boss's, at least.
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sat May 30, 2015 1:17 am

Man, I didn't even really like the removal of hunger! And I mean, it's been so long since I played the game that I can't actually remember what the L button did.

Woah, hey, Sparkler! I just remembered that I posted my name for "the skypes" here a while back and there wasn't really a response. Have I been added to the chat thing?
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat May 30, 2015 1:35 am

I've sent you a request, but you haven't answered it, so :?

And - Instead of L+A being a set move you chose, L+A direction was a shortcut for of the four moves you have. It was just more convenient.

EDIT: in other news. i have done something beautiful look at this masterpiece
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat May 30, 2015 11:45 pm

Oh, speaking of skype, I may have finally managed to download it after much complications, though I'm still trying to figure out how everything works.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun May 31, 2015 8:32 pm

WEE WOO WEE WOO WEE WOO

NEW PSMD TRAILER AND IT LOOKS PROMISING

Confirmed things include:

-ALL STARTERS + PIKACHU AND RIOLU AS STARTER OPTIONS HELL YES
-(No confirmation if that's a partner or starter select screen btw so test miiight be there? but probably not)
-*THE SCARVES AND BANDS AND SUCH THEY WEAR IN ARTWORK ACTUALLY APPEARS IN THE MODELS*
-A rly cool looking town, kinda medieval and more advanced/built like an actual town instead of just. a settlement.
-Klefki shop (GEE. I WONDER WHAT COULD IT DO. I WOULD NEVER GUESS. WHAT A MYSTERY ISN'T IT.)
-Cofagrigus shop (PRobably a weird gold shop since GTI had one too and it was also Cofragrigus and with a similar design?)
-Kecleon shop (what a surprise)
-LOTS OF LEGENDS
-REALLY A LOT
-Less zoomed in camera than GTI
-More variety Pokémonwise
-that reminds me. ALL 720 POKÉMON (so excludinghoopa I guess, and volcanion for obvious reasons)

And, according to Takumi's translations...

-"Investigation teams" instead of rescue teams, apparently?
-That a kid also can't join seemingly
-And more importantly, legendaries talking about "Being turned into stone, hm?" and "That's what happens when someone's turned to stone and becomes dormant.", as well as the legendaries being able to help with this problem, hinting that Pokémon being turned to stone might be part of the core plot of the game in some way
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:15 am

i think its a pretty safe bet that that is the player character select screen instead of the partner screen because in pmd red/blue rescue team and pmd explorers of time/darkness/sky prevented you from choosing a pokemon of the same type for the partner while pmd: gates to infinity had a short list with no repeated types and pmd: blazing/stormy/light adventure squad were essentially type based for starters since that showed all of each gens starters then either thats the player character selector or they are changing that rule which makes a lot of sense or theres another starting pokemon that they arent showing and honestly that first one is most likely i mean ninety percent of people just look up the answers to get their favorite pokemon as a starter so just get rid of it
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:59 am

Aww, I liked the personality test! Especially the first one. Without fail, I always landed my own favourite starters, based on the random first question, with Mudkip being the most likely. Which I appreciate <3
I always get personality test results that I like! Like my 2xKnight Of Mind combob. Still pretty happy about that one.

Anyway I haven't played a Dungeon game since Blue, 'cause they're not really my cup of beverage. BUT I hope the new one is good so all the people who do enjoy them are happy.

p.s. do this IQ test on pattern recognition because it is fun and semi-legit
http://www.iqtest.dk/main.swf

Edit: Yaaaay I finally beat the last level on Super Mario Galaxy 2 wow that took way too long
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:20 pm

Ye the english version of the trailer just came out and that screen is the player select one

also in other news

new chibi robo game coming and it's a platformer, comes packaged with a chibi robo amiibo

oh and I've bougt Splatoon and it's coming uh... sometime.

OH AND THE MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL NEWS

I just
wtch a lil part after the 6:12 mark at least
because
watch the video first nerd:
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:22 pm

oh man, this game is shaping up to be so much cooler than GTI. hated that game so, so much, PMDD is one of my favorite games of all time. so hype.

invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:58 am

D8

Well if THIS isn't gonna be the font of a million internet jokes then pull me down and call me billy!
touchy, touchy!
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:12 pm

I liked the personality test and I didn't cheat on it, I got Mudkip, a mon I wouldn't have normally picked, and enjoyed it greatly.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:16 am

Off topic, but I want to make an official statement.

CucumberQuest's Rose/Thornmaster is easily the most impressive and badass, and therefore best, plant-based boss I have ever seem ever.

But seriously. Plant based bosses are common enough, though generally they're rarely impressive or too powerful. Rosemaster? She could be end-game. I'm desperately trying to think of exceptions... Yugioh has "boss monsters", and plants, but even the strongest ones wouldn't be as cool as Rosemaster. What video game series is known for really powerful bosses? Aren't some of the Shadow of the Colossus guys kinda planty?
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:59 am

Kind of makes you wonder just how strong the rest of the Disaster Masters are going to be.

As far as powerful plant bosses go, there's the final boss of Kirby Triple Deluxe. That's about the only example I can come up with off the top of my head, though.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:45 am

I haven't seen too many plant based bosses in video games...

Kirby's Dreamworld had that Tree that blows (pun intended), which isn't badass, but was the first plant boss that came to my mind.

Does Multani count as a boss? They aren't from a video game but they are pretty badass in my opinion.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:52 pm

uhhh well
Petey Piranha??? I mean he was... kinda scary in Smash
That counts rite
The final boss in Triple Deluxe was DEFS very badass tho so ye Imma second that
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:12 pm

Oh right, Mario games have those plant bosses sometimes, I didn't even think of those.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:19 pm

Hmm! The Kirby end-game boss scores highly in this on the basis that it *was* an end-game boss. Which is rare for plants. Though it has to be pointed out she was only half-plant!

You know, it's been an awful long time since we (as a thread) have done anything game-y. And the Summer is arguably the best time for it. I dunno. Smash? Mario Kart? Pokemon Battles? Even Kid Icarus, if there's a way of joining friends online on that? The fun has kind of gone out of Secret Santas for me because a) Making pokemon nowadays falls  squarely into "way too easy" or "way too time-consuming", as opposed to being a gentle challenge, and b) there ain't enough people around. But otherwise, yeah. Last time I remembering having a decent Pokemon battle with any MSPA crowd was back during the MSPA Pokemon thread era; IIRC my Politoed Hydro-Pump'd the living daylights out of Spark's Jolteon, but PD's Leavanny Chlorophyll'd his way to victory shortly afterwards.

EDIT: AND I still have two Axew, an Umbreon, a Starmie and a Salamence to give away! Guuuuuuys Sad
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:36 pm

Wait, which plant boss are you talking about? I only played the original Kirby's Dreamland, so I'm talking about that tree.

As for stuff to do, I guess I should first figure my stuff out before I start any new pokemon games.

And I need to get bank back, I keep forgetting that...
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:46 pm

whispy woods is a loser pass it on
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:15 pm

"His pee would hit a shoe store, pass it on"
"Purple monkey dishwasher"
Are we playing Chinese whispers now? Very Happy

I was referring to Queen whatshername, the final from Triple Deluxe (3DS).

EDIT: Hey guys, don't buy 3DS themes unless you really like the art >Sad I bought the ORAS one, not because of the art, which I didn't like, but because the ORAS title music is one of my favourites.

THEY DON'T PLAY THE WHOLE SONG. It just cuts off at a certain point, fades, and starts again! Ugh. I want my money back.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:42 pm

Yeah, I've got a summer job again, so...
Why can't I have free time ever?
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 37 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next