Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

StablehanDCSundeakfastyrian -- or, the TAKUMI thread

Go down

StablehanDCSundeakfastyrian -- or, the TAKUMI thread Empty StablehanDCSundeakfastyrian -- or, the TAKUMI thread

Post by variegatedDreamraptor Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:36 am

The moral of this story? Don't name your thread a portmanteau of everything in it. mspa

Anyway, this is my entirely selfish thread all about ME and my projects. I'm TAKUMI -- also known as SougonNaTakumi, variegatedDreamraptor, vanillahueGermanshepherddog, and plumesofadamant -- and my two main missions are to raise awareness about the importance of objectivity and to help usher in a new era of libre media where copyright takedowns are no longer a major threat and people just create things, completely unafraid of coincidental (or even intentional) similarity.

And when I'm not doing big, pretentious things like that, I draw stuff. And make music. A lot of it. And I blog about it too.

MY PROJECTS

Stablehand: Stablehand is probably best described as a retro sci-fi fantasy largely about identity, choice, and personal growth. I plan to tell the actual story as a kind of visual gamebook where you can choose among different "Destiny Attributes" at a lot of different points in the story, potentially leading to many different outcomes and endings. (Basically, the format will be a liiiiiitle like Homestuck, in that it will be a paged webcomic-like thing with colour, but it will be a little more interactive and allow you to kind of wander around in the world more and less be bogged down with pretentious overarching storyline, I guess more like a real text adventure.) There will also be what I like to think of as a companion anime opera--a bunch of character themes, ambient songs, and other music that I might or might not actually weave into the main work. Oh, and perhaps the most interesting part about Stablehand is that nearly everything related to it will be released under the CC-BY-SA, enabling anyone to do almost anything with it as long as they use the same licence and I get attribution.

For updates on Stablehand, follow #stablehand comic!

Tyrian: A more manga-style story I'm probably going to be doing after I finish Stablehand (or at least get well past what I feel is the midpoint), involving a society of nonsense and nonsense-martial-arts (a group called the Artifices Aburditatum) that is trying to get rid of all objective reality in favour of a nightmarish, constantly shifting fantasy world made purely of imagination and lies. I have a few character and logo drawings done for this, but overall I'd say it's less developed than Stablehand compared to where I'd like it to be when I start.

I sometimes post Tyrian-related stuff to #tyrian comic, though rather infrequently.

Dinostuck: Cretaceous Square (DCS): My Homestuck fan adventure. Basically, it turns the main characters of Homestuck into dinosaurs, while at the same time being a little bit of a Homestuck/Stablehand crossover. (I doubt there will be any major spoilers for Stablehand in it at all though, since the only thing that really crosses over is the characters, and to tell the truth DCS actually came first as a place to put the characters among other things. :p)

For extra DCS stuff, you can follow #cretaceous square!

Buffet Breakfast interpretations: So, there was this thing called Buffet Breakfast which was essentially Homestuck run through Bing 35 times. It. was. hilarious. (Really, go read a little of it. It's absolutely crazy!) Anyway, after reading a bit of that, I thought, "You know, this could be a great story if it only MADE A LICK OF SENSE!" And so, I tried to write up interpretations of what was going on. I've only got interpretations for the first two acts done so far (they're kind of long, so be warned), but there's a good chance that I'll come back and write interpretations for the rest of the acts as they get "translated" too.

This is not something I'll update often either, but I do post some Buffet Breakfast stuff in #buffet breakfast from time to time.

HomeSuck: This isn't primarily my project, but I contribute to it, and it's pretty crazy too. It's kind of like Buffet Breakfast, except it also features terrible illustrations and doesn't even have the excuse of having been put through a translator. It's currently stalled for at least a week or two, but after that it will be moving again, and anyone who can do terrible art and surreal writing is welcome to contribute to it.

I sometimes post especially "terrific" HomeSuck stuff, as well as extra stuff that I didn't post on the actual thread, in #homesuck!

Tsunden Nuzlocke: This is something that kind of had a big history behind it but then kind of lost it when I decided to revamp the whole idea. Anyway, I have this trainer character named Tsuneo and the idea is that he kind of goes around showing off and saying snarky things and generally being awesome in his own distinctive way. At the moment, I'm doing a Nuzlocke and drawing fairly quick sketches of anything weird or interesting that happens, from which I plan to make a "proper" comic later (trust me, it would NEVER get done otherwise; I tried it the other way and the whole thing just died almost immediately). I'm calling these my TsunNuzNotes because that's fun to say.

If you want to know when I've added pages to my TsunNuzNotes, you can follow #tsunnuznotes!

So, yeah. Here you have a nice reference in case any of you find yourselves saying "What's DCS?" "Who's Hughes again?" "Stablewhat?" or anything like that, as well as a unified place to comment on my stuff if you feel you need that. (Actually, the best way to answer questions about specific characters is probably to use the tags on my tumblr and blogspot above, but, yeah. XD)

I'm not sure what else I'll post in this thread given I already post most of my updates on plumesofadamant, darktearsbrownishnaga, and/or my dA, but here it is.

/Ego satisfied
variegatedDreamraptor
variegatedDreamraptor
Cooltrainer

Location : Guys just so you know I am basically NEVER on here. I only really go on the Skype now.

Back to top Go down

StablehanDCSundeakfastyrian -- or, the TAKUMI thread Empty Re: StablehanDCSundeakfastyrian -- or, the TAKUMI thread

Post by variegatedDreamraptor Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:41 pm

I just added the hashtags on my tumblr that I use for each of these projects. I don't necessarily post to all of them often (particularly when it comes to #tyrian comic and #buffet breakfast) but they're here for your information.
variegatedDreamraptor
variegatedDreamraptor
Cooltrainer

Location : Guys just so you know I am basically NEVER on here. I only really go on the Skype now.

Back to top Go down