Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon general chat: Pokemon for breakfast?

+22
Hanky Panky
Xaber
kotakun
Rozewolf
tinning3
phantasmalDexterity
Tirgo
PunchesMalone
Sandstriker
Druplesnubb
NinteNerd
d_what
Hytheter
OverlordJ
ilikeoctopus
muffinz
cephalopodAscendant
Spark Eletran
DicksMcgee
Dregadude
tailoredGoose
Gelatino
26 posters

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pokemon general chat: Pokemon for breakfast? - Page 29 Empty Re: Pokemon general chat: Pokemon for breakfast?

Post by tinning3 Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:56 pm

And let's not even start on catching roaming/ event only legendaries, though at least the latter is optional.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Pokemon general chat: Pokemon for breakfast? - Page 29 Empty Re: Pokemon general chat: Pokemon for breakfast?

Post by ilikeoctopus Fri Aug 16, 2013 7:58 pm

Roaming legendaries are the bane of my existence. Especially Latias in Sapphire, which I'm pretty sure I just gave up on.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:28 pm

I was so glad when B2W2 didn't have any roaming legendaries. The originals only had one apiece, come to think of it. Hopefully Game Freak has realized that they were an awful mechanic and has decided to omit them from Gen VI as well.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandstriker Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:30 pm

ilikeoctopus wrote:Roaming legendaries are the bane of my existence. Especially Latias in Sapphire, which I'm pretty sure I just gave up on.
I killed it. Then reset my game and killed it again. I could never catch it because I always wasted the masterball.
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:19 pm

Hanky Panky wrote:I used the shithead fire monkey for a while until i got victini then i used victini for a while until i got sick of it and then i was without a fire type for a while. Which didn't really matter all that much in the later part of the game. Fire Types were really only useful around midgame, anyway.
i had snivy evo water monkey purloin and sawk it fills both triangles so i can save a spot for mister hm slave
plus its cute and as we all know the cutest pokemon are the strongest
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:43 pm

In Black 1 I had a really good combo going with Pansage, Emboar, and Stoutland. Due to incredibly diverse movesets, they could take on any type. For some reason they always sucked at Battle Subway though.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:56 am

oh my god roaming legendaries. i caught entei the first time i played through SS with a chance quick ball. no damage, no status effects. named it lolcano because what the fuck that's like a 1/250 chance even with the x4 quick ball bonus (it's x5 in gen5 though)
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:18 am

Quick Balls are OP GF plz nerf mspa
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:02 am

I just realised that my 200th post bringing me to a ranger was my list of nostalgiac pokemon silver team... I'm fine with that. And everyone knows Dusk balls are the OP ball.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:25 am

I put most of my faith (read: money) on Dusk Balls and Timer Balls. As you can imagine, Timer Balls didn't really do me any good in terms of roaming legendaries and I wasted a whole heck of a lot of Dusk Balls.

Why are they so expensive
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:14 pm

they're actually cheaper than ultra balls. dusk balls and quick balls and timer balls all cost 1000. ultra balls are 2000
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:15 pm

I don't think I ever buy Ultra Balls, actually. At some point I'm either chucking Pokeballs and Great Balls as fodder or Timer/Dusk Balls...
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:18 pm

i usually start with a quick ball and then just stall but i don't use timer balls on anything other than legendaries.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sat Aug 17, 2013 1:25 pm

quick balls or timer balls those are the two you need for legends depending on the legend
x4 after 10 turns or x5 on turn 1 yup all you need
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:10 pm

I purposely try to catch everything but legendaries* in Great balls, just because they're the best looking balls imo. Except maybe timer balls. I really like the little wing things they both have.

*And even then, Great balls will be my next choice after quick/ dusk/ timer balls have run out or or otherwise useless.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:38 pm

I actually don't like the way great balls look. Dusk balls look the best to me.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:46 pm

quick balls are the coolest looking no questions
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Sat Aug 17, 2013 2:47 pm

Naah, nothing is better than a Net ball.
Or a Lure Ball.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:00 pm

I'm still going with dusk balls.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:10 pm

But the correct answer is "Great Ball", so you all lose.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:18 pm

Dusk Balls are actually also my favorite design! It's just the little orange band that annoys me a bit.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:44 pm

the best pokeball is the premere ball hands down everyone needs to catch all their pokemon in one of them and every problem would be solved forever
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:01 pm

kotakun wrote:the best pokeball is the premere ball hands down everyone needs to catch all their pokemon in one of them and every problem would be solved forever
I wish they were at least as useful as a Great Ball, rather than just being a painted Poke Ball.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sat Aug 17, 2013 4:27 pm

I once resolved to catch all of my party members in Premier Balls

But that idea died pretty quickly.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:51 pm

premier balls are too white. i really don't like the aesthetics of all white things. white is not a good color for a design choice.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 34 ... 40  Next