Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀

+12
tinning3
d_what
Captain
Sandstriker
Spark Eletran
NinteNerd
muffinz
OverlordJ
Gelatino
cephalopodAscendant
invisibleTerrarium
Hanky Panky
16 posters

Page 25 of 37 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31 ... 37  Next

Go down

If both were guaranteed to happen in sequence, which would you rather have released next?

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 25 I_vote_lcap0%Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 25 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 25 I_vote_lcap100%Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 25 I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 1

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 25 Empty Re: Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀

Post by ilikeoctopus Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:42 pm

I have nothing particularly constructive to add since I've been avoiding Sun/Moon info, and am also tuckered out on election results since my university overwhelmingly voted blue and now everyone is upset.

But yeah, I do think that the voice acting is bizarre; I think that's the most I've heard the word "dude" in a few months, at least. Feels a bit like r/fellowkids material.

(Also I finished Worm are we doing anything about that RP ever?)
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 25 Empty Re: Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀

Post by d_what Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:46 pm

Aaaaaaaaah yay <3 tell me your wormy feelings! I hope it wasn't a drag. Topwebfiction.com seem to really enjoy it, and I did, too (the interludes are so much better on a second read when they're not interrupting the continuation of the plot.) Endbringers! Entities! The S9! Tattletale! Imp! Taylor! Contessa! The surprisingly high ratio of important female characters to male ones that I'm only noticing now!  Dragon! Sequel hopes! Aaaaaall of your feelings!

Oh yeah /r/parahumans plug
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Fri Nov 11, 2016 6:25 pm

d_what wrote:tell me your wormy feelings!

...heh that's weird out of context

General thoughts:

1) It was a really great read, and I probably stayed up a bit later than I really should have trying to finish more chapters. It's really something that I couldn't put down easily, so it definitely wasn't a drag.

I actually just finished recently since I've been busy with schoolwork, so I think I forgot some of the plot in the time that I was scrambling around--I'd reread it but for the fact that a) I'm still busy, b) it's loooong, and c) there's Pact to go through, too! So the current plan is to trawl through some WoG repositories to drink up more Worm and then move to Pact. Of course, all when schoolwork allows (I'm procrastinating by writing this right now help).

2) You mentioned Contessa being OP a few months ago

Can confirm, Contessa is OP

Also Jack's secondary power, that too

3) How does Pretender's power work? Does he replace his body, or do they have to store it somewhere safe? I don't remember if it was explained, and now it's just a niggling question in the back of my mind.

4) Probably the biggest complaint I have about Worm (which isn't saying too much; trust me, I enjoyed the heck out of it) was that I wasn't the biggest fan of everything going so badly all the time. The situations never felt contrived, per se, but it was just really distressing (if interesting) to read. Might've been nice to just let Taylor have a nice day for once.

5) The more I look at TVTropes/WoG Repositories and think about the powers in the story, the more impressed I am by how well thought out they are. It's the sort of thing where I want to tell everyone about them, and then make Worm sound incredibly boring because I explain things in boring ways. Also all my friends are too distraught about the election or midterms to really spend time reading anything.

6) I popped on the IRC channel and got intimidated by how many people were there.

7) RP...
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:05 pm

sm stuff:
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:12 pm

SEE I WASNT LYING EVERYONE WORM IS AWESOME NOW AS FORUM MODFRIEND I FORMALLY REQUOMMANDST THAT EVERYBODY LISTEN TO THREADPAL OCTI AND THEN READ WORM AT YOUR CONVINIMMEDIATELY.

1) worm is indeed very long! Honestly I haven't read pact. The reviews, even from fans, (and from wildbow) are so-so. In the past I've never found enjoyment from reading my favourite authors worst books, so I'm content with Worm and Twig for now - Twig grows on you, since the characters are really interesting, but the world isn't as interesting as Worm's (ironic given how unique Twig's setting is) and there's even fewer happy moments than there were in Worm. It's definitely not darker, especially for something that is basically Bonesaw's wet dream, but it is gloomy. Did you know Wildebeest has had several media companies make contact in order to see about publishing a worm TV series or movie? Not one, *several*. Odds are few pan out, but apparently two names are big ticket. It's all hush hush.

2) contessa totes OP, and guaranteed to be in Worm 2, without a definable goal... Jack's secondary power was an asspull, not on the part of the writer, just that it makes Jack so much more irritating. Damn guy is functionally immune to all our favourite characters.

3) I don't think there's ever been a solid WOG, since I'm fairly uncertain about it myself. From what I gather, since he's a case 53 and a body snatchers, he might not have a corporeal body at all... Only that we saw it in his introduction. I honestly have no idea. Was there chemistry between himself and Satyr? I wasn't sure. (Although Satyr's also likely in W2, so maybe we'll find out both answers then.)

4) worm is a wild ride. It's a roller coaster, except it only ever really goes up. That is a very noticeable thing and one of thr issues wonkyblot has mentioned as bring something he wants to address on the rewrite. Poor Taylor goes from one disaster to the next with almost no break Sad dammit, I would not object to more shopping trips to buy inappropriately short tank tops! That scene was relaxing!

5) DEFINITELY read all of the spacebattles WOG thread. There's so much great stuff on there and it's kept up to date. TV tropes is ok, but the WOG repo has everything. And it's so interesting! [Insert Caliborn worldbuilding .gif]

6) Never been on it :V

7) Never tried it :V I'd love a dedicated worm board game, though. With tiles and heights and customisable minifigures with detachable arms. That's the stuff :0
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:32 am

More Worm stuff:

Oh god I would be so excited for a Worm TV series and I don't even watch TV series but I would so totally watch a Worm TV series. (But I'm not sure how a single movie, or even multiple movies, could really cover the major plot points in Worm--it's just too darn long.) I will eagerly await news, though I don't really know where that news would come from.

I haven't heard that about Pact (I haven't really heard anything about Pact); I might just go to Twig if that's what you suggest. Honestly, I haven't looked much into non-Worm Wildbow stuff yet, so I'll trust you on this one.

As a side note, would a roller coaster that only ever goes up be good or bad? I'm not entirely sure if the Worm Wild Ride™ is like some sort of infinitely ascending hot air balloon or what

And detachable arms? I don't know enough about customizable action figures to actually know if you're joking, or whether people really do enjoy mutilating their favorite heroes by detaching their arms in miniature.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:14 am

The news would come from Wildbow himself, and it'd be aaaaaall over the subreddit. Kinda nice to think that we'd get classic hipster points if it came out and became popular. Could be the next GoT. God forbid it become the next Twilight...

I think while a constantly ascending rollercoaster sounds like it would get boring, the thing about the WWR is 1) the speed of the coaster accelerates non-linearly and 2) at some point you've entered the upper reaches of the Stratosphere and it looks like you're gonna hit the moon in a minute or two.

Detachable arms for real KhepriAccuracy©

E; homestuck Snapchat update. The plot thickens hapens

E E; oh yeah forgot to mention I put down an offer on a house just over a week ago, the realtor is hoping to get it closed soon and so far (and insofar as I'm aware) I'm the only bidder... :O

E E E; HOLY MOLY, bottle caps maintain IVs but boost stats to where they would be if there were 31 IVs! So you maintain your original hidden power! Wow, clever. Still makes breeding for H.P important, but stats as a whole become less important.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:22 pm

Heyyy Dee I'm seein' you on the mechanic research thread on Smogon >:p And yeah some real interesting stuff coming outta this gen. Hoo boy.
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:54 am

Spark Eletran wrote:Heyyy Dee I'm seein' you on the mechanic research thread on Smogon >:p And yeah some real interesting stuff coming outta this gen. Hoo boy.

Didn't you know? I'm internet famous.

Well, Smogon famous.

Well, moderately well known on Smogon outside of niche fora and IRC. Mostly because of my massively inflated likes-to-post ratio. Seriously, it's yuuuuuuuuge.

Tho I haven't posted in ages since I went dark I just really wanted to know how Trick works with Z crystals :V
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:45 am

Yeah, this generation definitely looks targeted at breaking up the Gen VI meta. Also, we've got another trailer. Hopefully this'll be the last one, since the games come out at the end of the week.

Spoiler:
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:10 pm

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 25 1ec134814a3420ca263873d4942a64f8

SHIT LADS WE'RE IN COUNTER-OFFER TERRITORY

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 25 1ec134814a3420ca263873d4942a64f8

edit:

SM
Spoiler:
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:59 am

Holy crap I just learned about the new chaining method from Reddit and it sounds REALLY COOL.

God I'm excited for Friday.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:30 am

Amazon claims my copy won't be delivered until Tuesday. Sad

And congrats on the house stuff, D!
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:58 pm

Consider both of yourselves very very lucky - in Europe, we get it the following Wednesday, and at that, my 3DS is currently en route TO the UK for repairs. And it's already Wednesday and they don't ship weekends D: I'll be lucky if I have a console to play it on by then!
Edit: wtf. Dark types are now immune to targeted prankster-booster moves. I don't think they needed the buff? And Aegislash's King's shield now inflicts the stat drop on Normal, Fighting and Poison moves when they make contact, before they'd just fail. Aegislash definitely *didn't* need that buff. Hell I'd round it down to 140 in all relevant stats and then make Kings Shield *only* block contact moves. Earthquake for days.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:10 am

Is there still a Skype group chat
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:47 pm

Probably? I never bothered to install Skype on my new laptop, so I have no way to check.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:59 pm

Well in that case meh.

Bought a gtx 960 a couple months ago. Set up shadow play last night. Anyone wanna watch me stream LPs of how bad I am at Vidya games? I started streaming sonic adventure dx on twitch last night. But I'm down to stream whatever. Thinking it'll be dishonored first. Never played it but always wanted to.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Looks like the games are officially out in Australia and New Zealand. In case anyone was still on the fence about which version to get, someone's compiled a list of the version exclusives here. Obviously, don't click the link if you're worried about spoilers, but everything on it has already been revealed either through the official website or through Coro Coro.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:28 pm

That list isn't quite accurate, I don't think - we know thanks to the site that both Lycanroc forms can be found in the wild, no matter the game. They're sort of exclusive, but... not really.

EDIT: oh ye and the skype group's still around yeh hank
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:11 pm

It may be because I'm on mobile but it doesn't want to recognize the group chat from my phone. If it's not on my PC at home I'll need a reinvite
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:50 pm

*raises glass*
A toast, then, to the end of one generation and the start of another! Here's hoping for balance, post game content, and eventual Defog tutors.

It's so shitty that we don't all get it at the same time. Way to kill the hype train, sheesh. Maybe Xaber is playing the games RIGHT NOW oh shit I almost forgot to do something important

E: almost deleted the entire thread while trying to add a poll... Turns out trying to press buttons on a touchscreen in the middle of a sneeze is a bad idea
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:18 pm

Yeah, Nintendo still hasn't quite figured out this whole globalization thing.

And as for your near miss, that's why I don't like touchscreens.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:40 pm

Don't fuck anything up D_W. I haven't been on here in a while and don't remember if we can un-fuck it.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:39 pm

Hanky Panky wrote:un-fuck

"virginate"?

I find it amusing that the poll tells me I can "view my message" after voting and not actually writing anything
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:42 pm

oh yeah Drega did a Good Ol' Purge a few weeks ago and removed the peeps who'd disappeared for a long time

just added you back tho

(also Sun master race)
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 37 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31 ... 37  Next