Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OJs Playthrough continued

+5
d_what
cephalopodAscendant
ilikeoctopus
tinning3
OverlordJ
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

OJs Playthrough continued Empty OJs Playthrough continued

Post by OverlordJ Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:19 pm

This is from the last post of it on the old thread

OverlordJ wrote:
Pokemons:

Last time I was complaining about railroading and going to the desert AGAIN!

And so I did go to the desert

I whooped Team Plasmas ass and once again the game denied me any form of boss battle at the end

I did catch Echnaton the Echnatoll (Cofagrigus) though

Also, wasn't I supposed to find the TM for earthquake somewhere here now? Because I didn't

I'm pretty sure the item in the little tower is it but I do not know how to reach that

And it's making me angry!

That said I had nothing left but to challenge the last gym

The last gym was surprisingly difficults, because using Ice Fang against Druddigons isn't to good. Add the fact that you can't go to the Pokecenter between battles and you have a surprisingly tough gym.

Lysander (Drayden) was sadly rather easy, Lassie easily took down both Fraxure and Haxorus and Fluffies Leech Seed and Stun Spore was VERY helpful against the Druddigon

Outside I got the Masterball

Now I'm supposed to go to the Victory road and challenge N, I think

Maybe?

Please?

Seriously, I want to kick N's ass!
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

OJs Playthrough continued Empty Re: OJs Playthrough continued

Post by tinning3 Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:55 am

I liked the Dragon gym on my playthrough, the fact you can't go to the pokemon center through it makes it a lot tougher, maybe not for HP 'cause of potions but for PP. I think I found the leader there easy too, my Samurott had Ice beam.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:24 am

tinning3 wrote:I liked the Dragon gym on my playthrough, the fact you can't go to the pokemon center through it makes it a lot tougher, maybe not for HP 'cause of potions but for PP. I think I found the leader there easy too, my Samurott had Ice beam.

How did you have Ice Beam already?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:55 am

Oh wait I couldn't have. It's been so long, but I think I actually had a druddigon trained up from that tower place where you catch them and just sicced him on till he died,or something. And then never used him again.

Yep, the girl in Lacunosa town who tells you which 'mon you had in each gym battle confirms I had a druddigon.

It's just ice beam is always a fixture for my starter water ASAP, so I always assume they have it.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:41 am

Popping in to say that I'm glad this playthrough made it over!
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:44 am

ilikeoctopus wrote:Popping in to say that I'm glad this playthrough made it over!

Glad to hear that Very Happy 
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:06 pm

Just a note about the Opelucid Gym: You can go to the Pokémon Center in the middle of the challenge, but you have to know how to navigate the gym, and you may need to beat a certain number of trainers first to open the way. I look forward to seeing the grand climax of your adventure!
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:18 pm

so OJ... No luck with that Wi-Fi yet? I'm looking forward to your post-game, I must say. What will you do I wonder!
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:12 pm

cephalopodAscendant wrote:Just a note about the Opelucid Gym: You can go to the Pokémon Center in the middle of the challenge, but you have to know how to navigate the gym, and you may need to beat a certain number of trainers first to open the way. I look forward to seeing the grand climax of your adventure!

Hmm, really? Are you sure? Because I WAS looking for a way but didn't find one, at least not after a certain point.

Also, I was a little distracted lately so I haven't checked yet if the Mc Donalds has free Wi-Fi and we had started talking about this other thing on the old thread but we kind of got away from it...
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:17 pm

I think you mean Connectify hotspot? Yeah I have no idea if it'll work or not, I've not used it in a while and it was a little unpredictable when I did. But I DID manage to connect even the wii to it wirelessly, so it's always possible. I'd assume your computer does have a wireless card, but I dunno anyway to check for sure?
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:20 pm

tinning3 wrote:I think you mean Connectify hotspot? Yeah I have no idea if it'll work or not, I've not used it in a while and it was a little unpredictable when I did. But I DID manage to connect even the wii to it wirelessly, so it's always possible. I'd assume your computer does have a wireless card, but I dunno anyway to check for sure?

The problem is that I don't know how to check that...
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:21 pm

I meant to say "But I dunno how to check for that anyway". Yeah emm I'll look it up hang on, there's always stuff you can use to see specs and hardware

EDIT: "Go to Control Panel and select Network Connections.

If you have Wireless there will be an entry here for the wireless connection though it may say Disabled."
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:37 pm

Pokemons:

Last time I was about to go to the Victory road

And so I did.

I've spend quite some time there leveling my mons, mostly Marianne

I did caught Fabio the Hutsassa (Amoonguss) on route 10

I also caught yet another Boldore so that I could trade it for Flumau the Emolga (Emolga)

On the Victory Road itself I caught Orochi the Kapuno (Deino), Anna the Furnifraß (Heatmor), Necra the Skallyk (Vullaby) and Jora the Sharfax (Fraxure)

I'll try to catch a Durant and a Bouffalant, too but I guess I should probably hurry and make my way through the Victory Road so that I can finally challenge the Elite 4 and N

At least I hope I get to do that...
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:39 pm

You're in the home stretch! Just a little more to go!
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:49 pm

I just looked at Durants movepool and realized that it could make a pretty kickass Baton Passer...
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:50 pm

Durant would make an amazing baton passer because it's hard to take down. I would recommend it.
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:05 am

Dreamworld Durant is stupid...
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:54 pm

Dreamworld Durant on competitive teams is stupid. Especially when it works.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:56 pm

ilikeoctopus wrote:Dreamworld Durant on competitive teams is stupid. Especially when it works.

Huh? I don't get it...
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:57 pm

Entrainment+truant+a Pokemon with arena trap and Protect (usually Dugtrio)
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:59 pm

ilikeoctopus wrote:Entrainment+truant+a Pokemon with arena trap and Protect (usually Dugtrio)

Shocked Surprised Shocked Surprised Shocked 
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:37 pm

Alright, I'll probably post at least one more update before I go to the elite four but I have a question first:

I was told I should try to get all my mons to level 55 first. I'm soon going to be done with that but I realized that I probably don't need both Lassie and Sleipnir on my team (Stoutland and Zebstrika in case you don't remember)

Sleipnir is mostly on the team so that I can use Fire and Electric moves, it also works as a hard counter to Emolgas, which can be VERY annoying. But I am pretty sure I'm going to need neither of those for the elite four themself and honestly, Emolga is annoying but I don't think I really NEED a counter for it anymore, not after I was done with the Nimbasa Gym. Also, Lassie is able to learn Fire and Thunder Fang, which covers the Fire and Electric type attacks.

Lassie on the other hand only has three main uses as of right now.
1) She uses Strenght to clear my way. While very important, this is something I can probably ignore for fighting the elite four
2) She has currently my only ice move. While important, I am thinking about teaching Koopa (My Krookodile) Dragon Claw (At least for this fight), which is probably a better option on taking down dragon types, now that I think about it.
3) She has Retaliate to effectivly revengekill enemies. The thing is, I can teach it to some other Pokemon, like Koopa or maybe Marianne (My Samurott), both of who would be much better revenge killers I think.

So yeah, any hints for this would be nice
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:42 pm

Don't worry about Dragon-types. Fire-type and Electric-type moves aren't that critical, either. To be honest, neither of them are going to be especially helpful.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:47 pm

cephalopodAscendant wrote:Don't worry about Dragon-types. Fire-type and Electric-type moves aren't that critical, either. To be honest, neither of them are going to be especially helpful.

I shouldn't worry about Dragon types? What kind of odd elite four IS that?

But yeah, I figured both of them won't be all that useful, which is why I'm looking for a possible replacement for at least one of them. Probably only for the elite four but maybe even for ever, if the replacement is good enough.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:56 pm

Well, the only elite fours with prominent dragon users are, oh, the ones in gens 1, and 2... and 3 i guess, and, and... Okay, it's more common than I thought. Still, you've only got about one or two major dragon-types to fight, and while they may be seriously tough, they're not worth bringing in a brand-new team member just to deal with them. You'd be fine with Dragon Claw and maybe Ice Fang if you want to be extra sure.
But you know, it may be useful to replace Sleipnir anyway(that's a neat-sounding name, what does it mean?), since, you know... Zebstrika really aren't that great? They've got good enough stats and are useful in certain situations, but their type coverage is just about limited to Electric moves, Normal moves, and Flame Charge, and to be honest, Electric isn't that great of a main offensive type for a fast fragile sweeper-y thing. What the replacement should be(if you do want to replace her after all)... Well, at this point in the game, you've got a lot of options. The one I'd recommend most for this situation is probably Durant; it's a Bug/Steel type, which has super-effective STAB moves on literally half the E4 members' types(while still being neutral to the other two), it's weak to Fire and only Fire, it has very impressive stats, it learns some seriously good moves, and you can catch it at level 40, which minimizes the amount of grinding you have to do.

Oh, and hey, does Lassie have Return? It's probably the most generally useful Normal attack you can give her, assuming she's at full happiness(which I'd be seriously surprised if she doesn't). You can buy the TM in Nimbasa City's pokèmon center.
Actually, maybe it'd be helpful if you'd list your team's movesets here so we can give recommendations?
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next