Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity.

+9
Xaber
muffinz
kotakun
ilikeoctopus
cephalopodAscendant
d_what
invisibleTerrarium
OverlordJ
Spark Eletran
13 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity. - Page 6 Empty Re: General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity.

Post by Spark Eletran Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:28 pm

wee woo wee woo

corocoro scan, apparently Blobbers and totes-not-Mega-Zygarde will be revealed completely next month, and Zygarde will be in the fourth Mega Evo special

gee

i wonder why

also relevant... So uh. I'm sure you guys noticed Blobbers has a very similar head shape to Zygarde.

And is green.

And kinda snakelike.

And its one eye is on the same side as Zygarde's glowing hexagon.

And the red circle in it is actually a hexagon as you can see in the scans.

And it looks kinda cell-like and thus could totally explain why Zygarde is named that by virtue of zygotes.

...yeah.
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity. - Page 6 Empty Re: General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity.

Post by d_what Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:59 pm

I can never remember whether I just hear this news early or if I'm merely processing it faster, but, in my head, that's... Old news? Weird. Yet afaik it was only on serebii yesterday. That's what comes of checking r/pokemon every few hours out of boredom Sad

Useful for OJ of course since he never checks Serebii ;P

(Dibs on Ziggy for a nickname, the Zygote thing is where I got it for my Reuniclus)
(I love that blobby thing <3)

BTW I really do hope this is the first .5 gen, with mid-gen pokedex additions. I know it hasn't been done before, but GF have been shaking up patterns fairly consistently since HGSS. Plus there's a base to work off in that ORAS had brand new megas and moves that weren't in XY's data, in addition to XY's teeny pokedex. On the other hand... If gen 6.5 is a thing, X and Y are gonna be outdated to the point of being unplayable. No patches. Yuck.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:49 pm

yeah that was weird gen vi had both the largest pokedex and the smallest new pokedex
and how do you know that patches would make it unplayable there could be some way to get it working so have some hope i mean it makes some sense why make both xy and oras essentially useless especially this close to when oras came out
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:25 pm

I think the thing is that they didn't patch XY to get ORAS' megas, so if we get new mons that'll probably happen again. Iirc, it's actually because if you played the games on a 3ds without the updates (since you dont need internet to simply play) but the actual game had ORAS/6.5 gen mons in it (since the saves are on the cartridge), it'd... not be pretty.

I do think it's a little early for gen 7 still, though, so... Also my personal nickname for it is Blobbers :0
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:09 pm

I believe I got the Umbreon! My schedule should be more flexible once I head home on the week of the 24th, and the week after that when I'm back at school. Thanks again, D!

Man, I feel like I should catch up on the movies. I used to watch them nearly religiously when they came out, then stopped all of a sudden... I don't even remember which ones have come out recently.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:22 pm

Spark Eletran wrote:Iirc, it's actually because if you played the games on a 3ds without the updates (since you dont need internet to simply play) but the actual game had ORAS/6.5 gen mons in it (since the saves are on the cartridge), it'd... not be pretty.

This was essentially it. Game updates and add-ons are typically saved to an SD card, and should that SD card be faulty or not there and the game is ready to accept it, you'd get huge errors, unless you made the game unplayable when the SD card isn't set up properly. Which is a mixed bag. If they could patch games by writing and adding directly to the cart, we wouldn't have this problem, but it would be pretty prone to bugs and it'd be a fairly huge update. Not to mention I don't even know if the 3DS can write that much data to a cart? It's a bitch of a problem either way. Especially since if XY2 does an ORAS and adds ANY new data, well... remember how wifi battles work now? There's XY-only pokemon battles and ORAS-only battles. Now picture that, only with 3 sets of battles. Ugh. Plus more redundant metas...

Related more to previous Pokemon stuff, while I was Time Machining I got another spread for a physical attacker and I went with a Weavile, because pre-gen 6 Weavile don't usually have access to both Knock Off and Icicle Crash. The new one does, but it's essentially the same as my old one, so now my old one is redundant. Anybody want to give my Loki a caring and loving home? She helped me win in my first convention final back in BW!
General Chat: Yeah, no. I'm still your benevolent neighborhood deity. - Page 6 Weavile_not_really_a_speedpaint_by_dunnyct-d5ckyih
edit: Oh yeah and help with evolving my Porygon would be cool too thx

edit2: hs newspost; probably won't have updates until next year because Andrew is no longer in a rush? could this be the end of the HS fandom?? I'm gonna say yeah sure why not call me in a year's time for the update
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:09 pm

Popping in quickly to mention the Shiny Rayquaza event (NA and Australia/NZ, anyway) because I totally didn't notice it happening until one of my friends prodded me on Facebook.

Also--D, if you haven't evolved your Porygon by the time I get back to campus (end of August, so about two weeks from now), I'd be happy to help!
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:23 pm

Nah s'cool I got it traded and now my ADA is a bulky, bobby little duck thing Very Happy that I will never use but w/e

ANYWAY IF I MAY TUMBLR STYLE POST FOR A MOMENT

my mom is watching a UK cooking show, it seems the gimmick is it's barbeque themed and it's all outdoors. There's an American judge, I think? And he makes a comment how in the US s'mores would use Graham crackers but since they aren't around this part of the world we can use Digestive biscuits instead.

Only.

He pronounces it as "dee-jes,-STEVE" bisuits? Like, with a phony french kind of spin?

Dude. The only way you would pronounce it as "deejesSTEVE" would be if you've only ever seen it in print. And if you've only ever seen it in print, then. What.
DEEJESSTEEVE NEW META 2016

Anyway still looking for someone to adopt my Weavile and after that everything's p.cool and I start work monday wooh
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:51 pm

i have been so sleepy these last few days idk what happened
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaber Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:53 am

what are digestive biscuits? i've heard the term but i've never actually seen them
Xaber
Xaber
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:28 am

Umm, they're warm-tasting wheaty biscuit things that people buy and dump in tea. Sometimes they have chocolate on them but they fool nobody, they're still pretty boring. Guaranteed every granny in the UK and in Ireland has half a packet somewhere in the house. I don't know why people would buy them with all the other food available in supermarkets :/ they are the biscuit equivalent of water!

Link

Oh yeah and if you smash them into crumbs, add butter, and maybe some sugar (or melted chocolate) in a bowl, you can use it as a crunchy base for tarts. I've done that before, its hella easy. Melt some rich chocolate, stir into some heavily whipped cream in a bowl, pour on top of the flattened biscuit base in some ramekins, and refrigerate. 10/10 absurdly easy dessert.

EDIT: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH JUST SR'D A 31/x/31/30/31/31 HEATRAN YAY! It's funny too because yesterday I was joking with my friends that I had said one of my goals for this summer was to reset a good legendary, and today's my last day of summer. And also because the last time I reset a legendary I was in the same place (university cafeteria). Quarantine, meet Sethlans! I'm sure we'll all be friends 8D
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:57 am

Well, tomorrow starts what is hopefully my penultimate semester of college (at least for undergrad stuff). At least I get to see all my real-life friends again, so hooray?
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:02 pm

Yay 4 u Very Happy I suppose you guys live all over the place so it's hard to meet? The U.S. is pretty large. And here is pretty small, I'm only ever really 40 minutes away from most people I'm friends with. 3 hours for more distant people. But it's definitely a silver lining of the college/university experience!

Any plans after graduation, cA? With an background in IT a career shouldn't be too hard to start (or continue if previous experience went well), but perhaps you're considering a different field or further education?
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:54 pm

I'm looking into going for my master's, but I'm probably not going to go for the full PhD.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaber Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:25 am

so, people in the UK. how's university there? how much does it cost? are there any very good universities besides oxbridge? i'm thinking about studying there but i'm not sure how whether it would be worth it (both in monetary terms and the general problem of having to move halfway round the world).
Xaber
Xaber
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:58 pm

Isn't it just Captain and Tinning who are in the UK? Maybe I'm wrong. But for all I know Tinning is in Spain and Captain is in Switzerland. Why not come to Ireland we have more rain and everybody needs rain

From a neighbouring perspective, I'm gonna say "varies", " varies", and "yes", given that the UK is a and always has been a complicated and powerful country with a lot of stuff going on, some of that stuff being various degrees of, uh, Degrees. I do know it's cheaper to study in Scotland if you are from outside of Scotland than it is if you are Scottish. It was in the news a few years ago. I'd suggest looking into either scholarships or just how fees work out for outsiders. EU citizens get some of their fees paid in European colleges, maybe the UK has a similar thing going for the Commonwealth.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaber Sat Aug 22, 2015 7:22 am

well, today i learnt that ireland isn't part of the uk. huh.

fees look quite a bit higher than australia, and i can't get a loan from the government, so unless something very impressive turns up i'll look elsewhere. probably just go domestic i guess.
Xaber
Xaber
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:05 am

Xaber wrote:well, today i learnt that ireland isn't part of the uk. huh.

*breathes heavily*

*raises finger*

*gives up*

http://www.independent.ie/sport/other-sports/olympics/irish-news/ireland-a-joke-for-not-joining-team-gb-pundit-sparks-fury-26885132.html

Still quite the raw nerve there, culturally speaking. It happens.

EDIT: Pokken for WiiU isn't really news, so w/e. I personally like Pikachu Libre's inclusion. She's cute AND tough AND hilarious, what's not to like? I'm also holding out that the BIG pokemon news will be at the end of worlds or a few days later just as we think we're not getting any news. Just because there was no XY2/Z news at the start doesn't mean there won't be any.

Additional edit: Just SR'd a 31/31/31/x/29/31 Jolly Landorus after about... 2 hours of soft resetting (compare that to my 10+months on Raikou, still going btw). This has been a good week for SR'd legendaries. Job is good too!
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaber Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:56 am

d_what wrote:*breathes heavily*

*raises finger*

*gives up*

yeah, sorry. my knowledge of the uk is england-centric and mostly focused on cricket.

d_what wrote:(compare that to my 10+months on Raikou, still going btw).

this sentence was painful to read
Xaber
Xaber
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:41 am

It was even more painful to write :/ not as painful as hitting two shiny raikou in the same day, which is also a thing that has happened, but still pretty close.

It's weird, too. The hard part should be in getting HP Ice, I.e. I should get ones with suspiciously good spreads occasionally and then have to check it for HP Ice, and then get all sad when that hasn't happened. But those spreads aren't even coming up. It's like the 31s just refuse to fall into the HP/SpAtk/SpDef/Speed slots, I've only checked its hidden power about 10 times in several thousand resets.

I really want a Raikou ;_; it's easily one of my favourite legendaries, but I've never had one and its genuinely good in OU now (assault vest volt switch pivot ftw)! SUCH a cool design.

---------------------------------------
Edit because IDEA.
Guys, if I did a WiFi Giveaway with Quarantine-themed Pokemon, what Pokemon should be on it? Obviously not every person with a "signature" pokemon can qualify because that's just too many, but even so, what Pokemon have some form of a meme status or recognisable history on the forum? Links to appropriate thread moments would be appreciated.

Sharpedo
Crobat
---------------
User-specific:
Jolteon
Barbaracle
Gengar
2 x Cephalopod Combob, or 1 cephalopod and 1:
Alakazam!
Emboar
Combusken??? Is Eviolite combusken even a thing :0 (edit: it is in RU)
*probably more*
----------------
Memes or "this is what the refrance" s:
??????
??????
??????

Uhhhhh, also, r.e. user-specific pokemon, what's mine? Like, I can't pick my own, that would be silly.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:12 pm

Yours... I associate you with Reuniclus, myself. I'unno.
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:40 pm

K, well, going with that (because I don't really mind what mine is, it's not like I use any of them on a team anyway) if I say I'll breed 7 Pokemon for the First Inaugurual Quarantine Special Giveaway, then we have to decide which seven.

Ummm, this will take me a long time to do, so there's no particular rush on anything, hell, I still have the things from the *last* giveaway.

But yeah here's how this is gonna work.

Everybody (even if you think you can't participate, guys we're all quarantined here and your votes matter!) votes for 5 Pokemon from the lower list that they would like to see included, or with other Quarantine-Pokemon-specials added instead (e.g. Reuniclus, or, idk, Haxorus, or whatever Pokemon you think is special enough to warrant a spot on the Quarantine List). Add a reason and maybe other people will vote for it too!

The votes do not have to be in order, and you don't HAVE to vote for 5, you can do less. And be selfish about it! Don't vote for anything you wouldn't really want.

Sharpedo and Crobat are in by default. After that, I'll tally up the votes and breed the top 5 for the first giveaway. You can change your vote as often as you want.

And then after all of that is done I'll distribute them somehow Surprised

ANYWAY

CURRENT TALLY

JOLTEON: 4
BARBARACLE: 3
GENGAR: 4
MALAMAR OR OCTILLERY OR OMASTAR IDK: 4,2,1 I think?
ALAKAZAM: 2
EMBOAR: 1
COMBUSKEN: 1
REUNICLUS: 1
SOMETHING ELSE ENTIRELY: A Sharpedo?

And though I'm not participating I'm gonna vote anyway. Emboar, Jolteon, Gengar, A Cephalopod, Barbaracle. Most of those were just 'cause they might be fun or easy for me to breed. Maybe. The others are too. It's not important.

Last edited by d_what on Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:46 am; edited 3 times in total
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:43 pm

Cephalopod for sure (bias? what bias?). I think Jolteon and Gengar are also good picks. As for the others, I don't really have a strong opinion.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:45 pm

Whoosh that was fast. But s'cool. Which Cephalopod, though? Octillery's only good with moody, Malamar is both awesome and really really lame, and Crackers, sorry, Omastar, really needs rain to be useful.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:47 pm

Wait, I've got it! All three cephalopods, then Jolteon and Gengar. Dilemma solved!
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next