Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain)

+8
OverlordJ
kotakun
Hanky Panky
cephalopodAscendant
Spark Eletran
muffinz
invisibleTerrarium
tinning3
12 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain) - Page 4 Empty Re: General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain)

Post by Sandstriker Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:01 pm

tinning3 wrote:Has anyone tried fighting strangers online? We lagged like mad, and I won at 3 points with everyone else being in negatives. Is it bad that I'm super used to fighting in a laggy environment? Also, is it only that bad with strangers, or is it that bad even with friends?
It lagged when i was right next to friends too.

I tried maining kirby but it felt a bit different from Brawl's. I think his moves were nerfed a bit. As was Pit's, but for some reason, I think I'm controlling pit better then the other characters ive tried, so i might end up maining him.
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain) - Page 4 Empty Re: General Chat: Dawn of THE FIRST DAY (72 hours remain)

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:04 pm

I'm probably going to bounce around between a few characters. At the moment, Ness, Zero Suit Samus, and Bowser are all in the running.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Wed Oct 08, 2014 1:34 am

sPARK THAT FUCKING TRIP TREE IS PAINFUL BULLSHIT AND YOU KNOW IT HOLY CRAP
ALSO CAP I WILL 1v1 YOU WHENEVER YOU WANT LETS DO IT BRUH
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:33 am

most of my online experience has been trying to help teach a friend how to play at a higher skill level and trying not to get annoyed as fuck at a family friend who is obsessed with using fucking Sonic. I can't stand Sonic. He was only mildly irritating in Brawl, and I feel bad complaining since he's actually a useable character now, but my god he is fucking annoying as shit with his stupid fucking high priority chip damage moveset.

GRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH IT GETS ON MY FUCKING NERVES EVEN THOUGH I STILLL 3-0 HIM.

the best thing i did last night was two rounds with the friend that i'm teaching how to play at a higher skill level. i played game and watch and literally only used oil panic against him playing ZSS and 3-0'd him. then the next round i only used rest and 3-1'd him. he's a newbie so he didn't know how rest worked.

he loves shooting missiles as samus and grabbing, so i got practice with timing for reflections and figuring out her grab range.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Wed Oct 08, 2014 12:35 pm

invisibleTerrarium wrote:sPARK THAT FUCKING TRIP TREE IS PAINFUL BULLSHIT AND YOU KNOW IT HOLY CRAP

ur welcome bud
Yes if you guys don't know it yet one of Villager's custom moves is a Timber tree that does less damage/knockback all around but the tree sprout makes anybody who walks over it trip and the actual tree itself, while disappearing in fewer hits, deals as much damage to whoever hits it as it received
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:07 pm

I've gotten used to Robin now, and she's a really cool fighter. Magic and swords make for a useful combination! I'm also a huge fan of Mii fighter, love the custom options available and being able to have pretty much anyone in, being a mii and all. Berserker Gutts is my favourite sword mii. Pity they're not online compatible, though.

The ability to bet on online matches is also pretty cool, kinda like salty bet for smash bros. I'll probably only try an online match now and again though, due to annoying lag.

Also also 3DS themes are out, how great is this? No more boring white home screen! I'll wait till new game themes are out before thinking about buying any though, hopefully some FE:A themes become available soon. Maybe bravely default.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:18 pm

Oh right, so we've got a dilemma on our hands (at least for those of us in the US): Smash Wii U comes out the same day as ORAS. I don't know who made that decision, but they were obviously not thinking clearly.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Wed Oct 08, 2014 4:47 pm

Ahaaa my parents are arriving on campus tomorrow and they shall be bearing my copy of Smash 4 3DS!

...I can finally understand what everyone is talking about Very Happy

And obviously ORAS should take priority right
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:01 pm

Okay so hi guys :O

have to say firstly I don't have smash. I went into my local GameStop on Friday only to find they were out of stock, but (foolishly) paid for it anyway with a gift card I had. They only came back into stock today and I said I wouldn't get it on a weekday because I have stuff I should be doing. Not that that matters any more, because I a few hours ago I took out my 3DS battery! I noted the back of my 3DS had warped despite the screws being fully tightened, and when I opened it up the battery had swelled to twice it's normal thickness, which is super dangerous. I ordered a replacement on Amazon but it won't be here until next week. So. Yeah. Not really too bummed I guess, probably because I'm not partaking in any chat?

Also I'm trying to keep my postcount low(er), which is hard to do when OJ rarely comments. I eclipsed his post count last month :O

Finally, YES Oras takes priority! BTW. I'm not sure if I'll be able to get the Demo. Serebii mentioned UK/Ireland, but GAME no longer exist here, and all the things they metioned bar one are UK specific (Smyths Toys are actually an Irish company, but they've never done anything like this before, have nothing on it on their website, and they have a UK branch anyway so I don't know if I can rely on it. I've signed up to two of their email subsciptions in any case). I really want the demo though, moreso than the smash one. So can I make an informal request that should the Smash style thing happen where people get multiples and I can't get any that I be considered on the receivers shortlist for anybody with spares :O I hate to ask! It's just.
ORAS DEMO. Cannot live knowing I'm missing it.

nothing important below only slightly emotional catharsis and D_What Character Development And World Building
Spoiler:
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:16 pm

I'd post more if there was something for me to post about.

I guess I could tell you about the DnD session I am preparing over on the Nightnight Crew forum?

I am currently looking for the best way to give my Pirates of the Caribbean Davy Jones reference permanent Waterbreathing.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:13 pm

well given that i dont have either a 3ds or a wiu i know which of those two games gets the obvious priority for me

okay that line was poorly phrased but it doesnt matter much
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:42 pm

Knocked out All-Star with Jigglypuff. Now the only obnoxious ones left are Palutena, Marth, and Meta Knight. I think.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:08 pm

Since you're all so quiet, mind if I ask a question?

Should I try to get a The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds for my 3DS?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:12 pm

Definitely. It's a great game.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:23 pm

it's so good
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:53 pm

Alright, it's been a while since I last played a Zelda game but I had heard that it is a good game so I thought about it and since you seem to like it, I'll try to get it.

Next question: I am preparing NPCs for a 3.5 DnD game, do any of you want a cameo or something?
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:08 pm

sure why not
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:13 pm

can i have a cameo in a cameo?
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:45 pm

Do you mean AS a cameo? If so, yes.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:52 am

So apparently, while no pictures have been posted yet, Mega Pidgeot and Mega Beedrill are about to be revealed in CoroCoco. It's technically unconfirmed but supposedly the source is reliable.
For some reason, people are saying that they're going to be Electric/Flying and Dragon/Poison, but those types make absolutely no sense whatsoever and I don't think they were mentioned by the aforementioned reliable source, so I'm not gonna believe them too readily. That said the megas themselves are still most likely happening!
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:07 am

Bullshit! People ALWAYS add types. Occam's razor, people. I always default to the default type and statistically I'm more right than those who default to Dragon/Fairy/Anything else.

Also I'm accurate anyway. Mega two keep their normal typing, check Serebii. AND THEY LOOK AWESOME! Very Happy
Also, news about MegaLati@s and OTHER VERSION LEGENDARIES IN THE GAME WOW CHECK OUT HOW IT'S HANDLED CRAZY STUFF DAWGS SERIOUSLY CHRIST THAT'S CRAZY
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandstriker Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:12 am

OverlordJ wrote:Alright, it's been a while since I last played a Zelda game but I had heard that it is a good game so I thought about it and since you seem to like it, I'll try to get it.

Next question: I am preparing NPCs for a 3.5 DnD game, do any of you want a cameo or something?
sure
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:56 am

im still waiting for my double megas because megameganium and megamegayanma are too funny to pass up
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:19 am

Hey, those two actually look pretty good, who'd have thought?

Not sure about the abilities though. No Guard is best with attacks with a miss chance. I suppose Pidgeot could get some use out of Hurricane or maybe Steel Wing? But Fly will be even more useless to it and stuff like Stone Edge will probably be MPidgeots downfall. So while it looks cool, I am unsure about its usability.

Adaptility could be nice, it is surely more useful then Swarm and Sniper, though I am unsure if Beedrill will be strong enough to matter, even with 100 points added. That's only 495, not a lot, especially compared to other Megas. Maybe if they put the points in the right stats it could work but I am unsure.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:20 am

Mega Beedril looks pretty good, although now I want Butterfree to get one for symmetry. Mega Pidgeot looks kind of bland, but then again it is Pidgeot, so what do you expect? Definitely liking that bit about the legendaries' availabilites. I'm wondering how they'll be divvied up between versions, and whether the Eon Ticket will actually make it stateside, much less to the rest of the world (although the way things are going with ORAS currently, the US might be the only major place to miss out).
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next