General Chat: The Smashening

Page 4 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: General Chat: The Smashening

Post by OverlordJ on Wed Jun 25, 2014 2:21 pm

So apparently it has only 6 Special Defense IV but still, it's pretty damn near perfect. Oh, and the Hidden Power is Ghost, so that's useless.
OverlordJ
Expert

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ on Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:57 pm

On a different note, the Dratini has Extreme Speed, so I decided to breed me one, too and got a 5IV one on the first try. So my question is, would you rather have one with less Special Defense but Adamant nature or one with 5IVs but only bashful nature?

EDIT: In case you care, the 4IV one is english and the 5IV one is obviously german. I could also give the 5IV one any nickname you like.
OverlordJ
Expert

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium on Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:04 am

Oh jeez why are you making me choose mspa
I guess i'll take the 4iv one, i have a 6iv ditto so it should be pretty easy to get the stuff i need, and it already has extremespeed so that's one less barrier i need to cross! Thank you!! Very Happy

Just for the record, that dratini's descendants will all be named "nic cage" maps
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ on Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:51 am

Dang, a 6IV Ditto? That's like, the holy grail of breeding!

On a slightly different note, which stat is least important on a mixed attacker, bulky Dragonite? Speed?
OverlordJ
Expert

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what on Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:57 am

If Dragon Dance, speed is most important, but honestly shoot for 6 when it comes to something like Dragonite. Hell, I shoot for 6 nowadays for anything with mixed attacking prowess, even if it's a Relaxed Venusaur with a speed reducing nature. It's not impossible and is very enjoyable Very Happy

Typically a perfect Speed is the most important stat on any Pokemon, followed by HP, because they're all set numbers and have certain milestones to pass, whereas Atk/Def end up causing variable damage. Example being any flying/bug type - having an Odd HP means you can switch in to SR 3 times and have 1 hp remaining. And Leftovers heal slightly more based on whether or not the HP is a multiple of 4, likewise for Life Orb; its why my Mamoswine runs 29 HP, or why some pokemon use 4 Def EVs instead of 4 HP evs. But it usually rides on HP being perfect to begin with. And as for speed: Any properly trained Charizard X will Always Always Always win against a random Charizard X, specifically because of the 100% outspeeding chance. In a similar vein, HP Fire Espeon will always and uniquely lose to Gengar because Espeon has to run 30 speed IVs - that one, single point difference is the difference between a 50% win and a total loss.

Democratically elected ruler of everything

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ on Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:35 am

But breeding for hidden ability AND six IV as well as not getting a bad nature would take forever! D:

I means, lets see...

If I breed two mons with 5IVs in the same 5 stats and give one a destiny knot, the child has a 1/6 chance to pass the same 5 IVs, the chance to get a random IV as 31 is 1/32 I think. The chance to pass a hidden ability is 60% IIRC. If I give the other parent an everstone, I won't have to worry about the nature.

So with that combination, I'd have a one in 320 chance to get a child with perfect IVs, hidden ability and good nature. And mind you, I'd have to breed those 5 IV parents before I can even start with that. That would probably take weeks!
OverlordJ
Expert

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what on Thu Jun 26, 2014 10:48 am

If you do it with a 5- and 6- IV parent it'll take less than that - the 6 can happen randomly, or you can force it, but the nice part is it doesn't have to have the right ability or nature as long as the 5- parent does.

320 isn't TERRIBLY bad? But there are certainly ways to shave it to near 100, and 100 isn't bad at all considering the end product.

(also if you do eventually get a Perfect 'mon with Nature and Ability, you can breed that with the imperfect 6'er to get a much larger odds increase, to the point that you can farm them. 1/32 would be 6 and then you're just waiting for the ability, which it would be most of them time. I've done it occasionally.)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ on Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:24 am

Hidden Abilities only get passed by the mother, so a female 6IV Dratini with thewrong nature wouldn't help me at all and even then, the chance for a 6IV one is still about 1 in 200 if I don't care about the Ability.
So, if I wanted to do this I'd need to:
1) Breed a male 5IV Dratini with the right nature. This part is the easiest, I already have a 5IV female Dratini, if I use my male 4IV Dratini and get the right power item, I could get a male 5IV Dratini in a 1 in 10 chance. once I have a 5IV male, I can breed it with my 5IV female to get a 5IV male with bashful nature, which isn't bad for a mixed attacker. That would be another 1 in 10.
2) Breed a female 5IV Dratini with the hidden ability and the same 5IVs as the male one. My currently best female Dratini with hidden ability has only 2IVs, so this would take a while though once I have the 5IV male this would be doable.
3) Breed the 5IV male and female untill I either get a male with 6IVs, to replace the 5IV one, or get the 6IV one with hidden nature I am trying to get.

I calculated that, if you spend all your time doing nothing but breeding, you could get about 12 Dratini per hour. And that's pretty optimistic. So if I were to spend two hours each day doing nothing but breeding Dratinis, ir'd probably take about two weeks. Of course, since it's chance, it might go quicker but it might just as well take longer.
OverlordJ
Expert

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium on Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:30 am

Guess what i'm doing??? I'm trying to 100% super mario galaxy 2!!! goddammit purple coin levels give me more time or so help me
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what on Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:23 pm

Haha I've done that Very Happy Well, almost. 100%'d Galaxy 1 and I'm more or less stuck at the very last Galaxy 2 level - the one that you get AFTER you max out your starbits AFTER you've beaten the final final level AFTER you've obtained all the green stars AFTER you've officially beaten the game: The one where you're not allowed to take any damage whatsoever or you get kicked back to the start. Nintendo hard, indeed.

But it's the only reason I have to play the Galaxy games any more so I rarely even bother to turn my Wii on. MKWii doesn't even work any more (scratches). That said, Bouldergeist is never NOT impressive. I wish G2 was harder Sad All my skills from beating the first one (which I found really difficult) carried over into the second (which I therefore did not) and I breezed through it. Wasn't as much fun as the struggle I'd had with the first game.

Spoiler:

Life-Orb-Number Swinub: Get!

woooohooo! Naive - Thick Fat, Stealth Rock/Icicle Crash/Ice Shard/Freeze Dry, 29/31/31/31/31/31 and male. Me and Otzi are gonna have a great time Very Happy

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ on Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:29 pm

Oh man, I'd never have the patience to breed something like that. I mean, sheesh
OverlordJ
Expert

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium on Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:25 pm

I'm currently working through the comet medals, I just died on the boss blitz galaxy, why do they only give you one coin while fighting fiery dino piranha? He was the hardest boss in the first game, and what if he accidentally rampages through it while you're running away and you don't need it yet??? Come on now
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what on Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:02 pm

I didn't think avoiding him was too difficult, once you get used to running in curves, but actually catching up to his tail and trying to hit it when it's not ablaze is really tough. The coin thing... I don't get it either. It's also true for that Mole dude (who I still find really tough; he either digs too fast or runs away too fast).

It sure has been quiet as of late. Nelly's been tumblr-only for ages, and Spark is MIA recently, Captain has sort of kind of left, Hanky is around sometimes but Gelatino isn't, Hytheter and Rosewolf haven't been around in AGES, Xaber and Sandstriker post infrequently, haven't heard much from NN or Octi recently... Dunno where PD is, or Tinning, but I know cA is busy because of work, and... I'm still pretty sure cloudNinja died. It was just too abrupt.

Sad

(not intentionally forgetting anyone I was just kind of on a roll)
(though we could probably write an interesting academic journal r.e. Kotakun's nebulous existence)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz on Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:38 pm

Wow jeez, yeah, I just realized that all the posts before mine on this page are made by the same three people. It really has been quiet lately :<

But at the very least, I know I'll never leave unless I'm the only one left. I may not be the most frequent poster, but you guys are all great and I love our little community. I just wish it could still have all the life and fun it had in the old days...

Oh yeah, did that RP thing I almost joined way back when ever finish? Some of the people who were in it haven't been around in forever, and I never got around to reading any of it.
muffinz
Gentleman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude on Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:25 am

Thing is, I can contact some of the people you listed p easily so I'm not that worried about that really. I know I'm not going to leave for good either, even if I don't post very often lately here or on MSPAF. Probably because the people I have the last amount of contact with are the people who posted on this thread most recently!

Spoiler:
cap has a job he's busy with, nn's away from home (but should come back mid-july), gela's left permanently cause idk, ss is on tumblr. hope that helps.

And here, a new thing! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWGqzps6vL4
Dregadude
Gentleman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain on Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:10 am

i exist
i just prefer skype
sorry
plus yeah job

im on mspaf a lot, esp on their pokemon thread bc the people there are cool (not as cool as the old pokemon thread, but still pretty cool). we do tournaments occasionally.
Captain
Ranger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant on Sat Jun 28, 2014 1:33 am

Yeah, I haven't vanished either, it's just the internship is taking up most of my free time.
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium on Sat Jun 28, 2014 6:22 am

THE DOUBLE TIME PRANKSTER COMET ON THE BEAT BLOCK GALAXY IS KILLING ME JESUS CHRIST YOSHI
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran on Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:51 am

I ARISE FROM THE DEAD
the spark lives on
5ever
dun worry i aint dying I just sometimes forget to check here and don't always have stuff to say
I'LL APPEAR IF MY NAME IS SAID THO
probably
Spark Eletran
Tamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran on Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:51 am

I ARISE FROM THE DEAD
the spark lives on
5ever
dun worry i aint dying I just sometimes forget to check here and don't always have stuff to say
I'LL APPEAR IF MY NAME IS SAID THO
probably
Spark Eletran
Tamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what on Sat Jun 28, 2014 7:57 am

Haha probably twice!

"Spark"
"Spark"
"Spark"
"Guilherme"
:0
We could do a tournament. Or another secret Santa. Or something weird. I dunno. Problem's always been timezones isn't it? Me and OJ tend to post at the exact times everyone else is asleep, bar PD or Captain or Tinning. Fortunately I wake early and go to bed late
And

Never
Shut
Up

I do find it funny how everyone shows up immediately after I mention nobody's posting. That's useful information.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity on Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:58 am

Yo.

I'm around. I've been going through some depressing stuff lately, so I didn't feel like socializing much, but I'm okay.

I don't suppose anyone has a leftover Rotom egg.
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain on Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:09 pm

Hehe. I just happened to mention you yesterday in Skype chat and Drega was all "Yeah dude totally just posted on Quarrantine saying he missed everyone" so me n i presume mr. sparkles came back cause that
Captain
Ranger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium on Sat Jun 28, 2014 2:14 pm

I'm usually on at similar times to D and J even though I'm in Eastern Tine, which shows you how fucked up my sleep schedule is.
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran on Sat Jun 28, 2014 3:25 pm

no actually i came back because i checked on the forum myself kthxbye :0

oh btw
the thing i mentioned earlier

EVIDENCE!
also if you look at their artwork they literally made it so the keystone spots are covered by their hands
god fuckin dammit
Spark Eletran
Tamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 41 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 41  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top