Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

+17
Dregadude
DicksMcgee
ilikeoctopus
Spark Eletran
Gelatino
d_what
Hytheter
OverlordJ
Xaber
cephalopodAscendant
kotakun
invisibleTerrarium
muffinz
Hanky Panky
phantasmalDexterity
tinning3
NinteNerd
21 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 38 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by d_what Sat Feb 15, 2014 1:18 pm

They're mostly female but if I get another 5'er before getting the one I want I'll let you know.

Edit: IT, don't you already have my Hippowdon? :0
E2: got one ninten, non-perfect sp.def male.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 38 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:49 pm

...yes, i do. mspa
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:39 pm

Hmm. Not that I object to all my eggs (metaphorically) going into your basket, (again metaphorically) but a wider distribution of my digital spawn would be preferable. To mix metaphors, in doggy language this would be called intent to [select one]pee on all the things/do all of the bitches.[/] Swimmers gotta swim.

...you guys want to give back the things I've traded to you now don't you Sad
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:14 pm

...looks like i missed out due to work
oh well back to filling in the holes of my living dex.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:35 am

You didn't miss out, IT gets it if nobody else wants it. Have I given you anything before Hanky? Besides whatever it was I traded for the awesome Dragonite. That likely doesn't count.

E: actually Xaber if you're around you should probably get top priority whenever any of us have free stuff. IIRC the SS thing flopped for you? Australian-Irish timezone conversion though... Easy to math, hard to do.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaber Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:19 am

I haven't been playing X that much recently. Somebody else can take it.
Xaber
Xaber
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:33 pm

You gave me a 4IV gastly that I turned into a 5iv MM being project

Edit also I think your metaphor means that you want to sow the seeds of your demise across a wider range of potential rivals.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:44 pm

Nonsense, I'm contributing to the evolution of my environment and ipso facto myself, through adaptation to harsher surroundings and more capable competitors.

Tl;Dr you guys need all the help you can get! mspa
(Anyway the Gastly doesn't count, I don't count breeding things.)
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:43 am

Walking into the E4+1 right now. Let's do this.

Spoiler:

haha whoops i accidentally wrote for like two hours
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:21 pm

I don't know why you were bothering with all these competitive strategies to take them out. Brute force works just fine. I'm pretty sure I never stocked up on healing items during the entire game and got through just fine.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:48 pm

competitive strategies??? all i really did was go "can i kill this thing safely without being at risk of losing someone? if not, what can i do to make it easier?" and oftentimes that included things like boosting stats or using status effects

i mean i'll admit i probably overstocked on items but the thing is that i was expecting this to be more difficult than it was
when i first played black 1 i only barely scraped by the e4 thanks to being underleveled and unprepared and having an unbalanced team
so yeah i guess i overprepared a bit
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:03 pm

Being underleveled is the last thing you need to worry about in XY. And I count boosting stats and using held items other than Mega Stones as competitive strategies in this case. Also, people use the X items?
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:15 pm

wait
you mean
not everyone gives their pokèmon items??? what?

also yes you do need to worry about being underleveled if you don't have the exp. share on

now see, that's one of the few real issues i have with x/y-- if you keep the exp. share on all game, you'll be ridiculously overleveled, but if you leave it off, you'll be really underleveled unless you level grind a lot
the only really effective solution is to have it on sometimes and off sometimes, but that's sort of annoying and i kept forgetting to switch it off/on when i started getting ahead of/behind the level curve
but luckily victory road got me up to a comfortable "two levels behind highest E4 'mon and six behind champion's highest"
i was expecting to be further behind, actually, but it worked out pretty well
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:30 pm

I'm on Victory Road now, and after being numerous levels behind the regular trainers, I decided to switch it on again for the last stretch. If all goes well I'll be right up to par just in time for the big four.

THAT'S RIGHT I'M ON VICTORY ROAD GET OFF MY BACK CA
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:17 pm

Gasp! Drega might beat the game before 2015!
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:26 pm

you heard it here first folks

no promises though
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:34 am

Little mac is the most fighting game type character there's ever been in this fighting game, this was needed.

Also I've been playing some of the new-ish zelda (link between worlds), and it's pretty great. If I played it all day I could probably do most of the dungeons. It's nice to play a game where gameplay outnumbers plot for a change.

I've also been playing FF7 on the psp, and unlike last few times I've actually been changing up my team now and again, keeping everyone in use instead of the same 3 characters, and using my newly gained interest in stats from pokemon to try to optimise materia equipment.
Spoiler:
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:19 pm

cephalopodAscendant wrote:Little Mac confirmed playable for Smash 4. His Final Smash has him Hulking out, and he has some sort of meter above his damage that seems to power up his attacks somehow (I'm guessing knowledge of the Punch-Out games might explain it better).

just to clarify the meter (which powers up in an unidentified way so far) will actually just power up his neutral special when full
as in
itll change into a flashing "K.O!!" symbol that makes the neutral special be just that
an instant k.o.
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:22 pm

are we there yet are we there yet are we there yet??
where we=you and there=finished the game.

Anyway, unrelated: Future reference for a Tyrunt/Tyrantrum; Trismos, greek word meaning "a scream; a grinding, rasping or gnashing", from which we get the word Trismus, the official name for lockjaw. Speaking as someone with pretty bad jaw pain, I think it sounds horrible and therefore fitting. And I still hold that Samson is the best possible name for a male Mawile.

Hey guys: What were the nicknames that, in recent times, you felt most proud of/least impressed by? I nickname all of my trained Pokes on the fly, and sometimes I get good ones, other times... not so much.

Good names: Shamal, arabic word meaning northeasterly wind carrying sandstorms over the desert. Hippowdon. It even LOOKS deserty, doesn't it? Flitz, combo of "flit", what a bird does, fl-, commonly used to describe fiery things, and blitz, which IIRC is german for lightning or something? In english it's got other connotations, all of which I'm good with: Talonflame. Archimedes, guy who did the whole principle of floatation thingy - Azumarill. I always award bonus points to names whose first letter is the same as the Pokemon species.

Not so great: Lefrogue. I was desperate. It's a thing with me that new pokemon have to be christened IMMEDIATELY and I had nothing.

weird ones that I'm not sure how I feel about:
Incitatus, derivation of the horse Caligula rode on, for Scolipede. Scolipede will always, always been a steed to me so I wanted a horsey name, and Caligula has some fearsome associations, plus the root of the name means swift or full speed, which works. I just don't feel comfortable with it though.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:19 pm

Dregadude wrote:General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 38 Screen_shot_2014-02-10_at_3.43.10_pm

This website hits the coolest landmarks sometimes.

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 38 Screen_shot_2014-02-26_at_12.58.34_pm

oh mY GOD
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:23 pm

Hahaha of course not. I'm still on Victory Road. ETA for Elite Four is maybe in a month or two.

Nickname stuff will be edited into this post in a bit, gtg do laundry.

Edit: meh all my nicknames are pretty weird. They usually seem funny at the time???
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:11 pm

Nickname of infamy: Clarence the Panpour. I was so confident  I'd remember what it meant instantly, but after a week I had to ask my friend if he had any clue. I'll put it under a spoiler in case y'all want to try guessing before finding out.
Spoiler:
Also, while said friend was trying to breed a shiny Goomy with the Masuda Method (he did finally succeed, and Goomez III is now a Goodra), he let one of our other friends and me name some of the junk Goomies. We came up with Loose Laura, Moist Megan, Herpy Hailey, and Crabby Claire (all inspired by Sticky Steve the Lileep, given to me by the first friend). I'll look up some of the ones on my game later.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Feb 26, 2014 8:12 pm

Damnit guys, we missed 10240.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaber Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:56 am

d_what wrote:weird ones that I'm not sure how I feel about:
Incitatus, derivation of the horse Caligula rode on, for Scolipede. Scolipede will always, always been a steed to me so I wanted a horsey name, and Caligula has some fearsome associations, plus the root of the name means swift or full speed, which works. I just don't feel comfortable with it though.

Well of course it feels weird given that you're sitting on a CONSUL.
Show some respect.
Xaber
Xaber
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:19 am

Actually, that's probably it. But the stupid Pokemon League(r) won't let me ride my Pokemon into battle anyway so it's a moot point.

oh my god those goomies
//banhammer
//quick ban him nowwwww before the youngins see
//ewww
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next