Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

+17
Dregadude
DicksMcgee
ilikeoctopus
Spark Eletran
Gelatino
d_what
Hytheter
OverlordJ
Xaber
cephalopodAscendant
kotakun
invisibleTerrarium
muffinz
Hanky Panky
phantasmalDexterity
tinning3
NinteNerd
21 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 22 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by Dregadude Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:37 am

I used to be way into astronomy, but I guess I grew out of it. I think that was when I was about 3-7. I honestly have no idea about the first dozen years of my life though. Where did they go? What did I do?

D_What, as I understand it, the area that's all dark is mainly desert or mountain regions, so aside from a few urbanized areas (Salt Lake City, areas of Colorado, Phoenix, and for example) there are indeed very few people there. No resources, no growth. Ceteris paribus, I'd imagine that such areas will be more populated in the future as either the ability of mankind to transfer resources to less developed areas like those increases, or the cities get so crowded that people have no other choice but to move out.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 22 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:43 am

d_what wrote:Nah I wasn't a tool, I was just clueless. Had a single post on bulbagarden when I suggested if Ever stones had an expiry date (long story) and.promptly forgot my login details. Then am RMT on serebii where the same thing happened. Though in serebii's case that was a good thing since people kept telling me I'd spelled my Zapdos's nickname incorrectly. (Ohmega)

Orz

how did they not understand the pun in that

it's so obvious

in regards to the light pollution map, I live between two big blobs near the northern part of NC. Which means I can see the stars at night.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:01 pm

A good way to judge how much your area is affected by light pollution as well d your own visual acuity is to try and find Ursa Minor. Polaris (north star) is part of it so it's always visible in the northern hemisphere. If you can find where the four corners of its 'box' (spoon/basket/rectangle w/e) should be, for each star you can see it means the pollution isn't bad and your vision is improving, since each star has a different magnitude and they're all evenly distributed.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:36 pm

i looked up and i couldnt even see polaris so that must be really bad
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:18 pm

I live smack dab in the middle of a big blob. So uh, I can see Orion and the Big Dipper sometimes when I squint but that's about it.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:31 pm

anybody know if there's a law against launching yourself into space in the US
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:33 pm

i love it when my chandelure switches in on mega charizard y so it gets a flash fire boost and a sun boost on flamethrower
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:48 pm

i think there is but if you say that it is for science im sure youll be let off because science rules
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:57 pm

i know there are rules against flying at certain altitudes in certain areas, so i assume in some areas it would be against the rules to go to space because in order to go to space you have to go through the air first

i need to know this for a story i'm planning
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:05 pm

kotakun wrote:i looked up and i couldnt even see polaris so that must be really bad

well if you're in the US and the sun is up obviously you can't see polaris.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:08 pm

Hanky Panky wrote:well if you're in the US and the sun is up obviously you can't see polaris.
the sun is causing too much light polution can we just turn it off?
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:39 pm

no.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:26 pm

Yeah it would be a good idea I think. Write to your city counsellor and like on Facebook.

Also Polaris is rarely north at all. But it's usually above a 45° angle. It's easier to find it using the big dipper/big bear/spoon thingy/Ursa Major. There's a trick to it.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:38 pm

well
unlike you fancy guys i dont live on the northen hemisphere
so i dont even know if im supposed to be able to see it
(and even if i can see it i probably dont recognize it im bad at this)
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:40 pm

polaris is always north its the north star if you look at it it has to be north of you i think what you meant is that its not at the top of the sky but thats not north thats up
and the trick is that its angle from the horizon is your latitude
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:49 pm

Yeah sorry, I meant Zenith. Saying north if you're in Australia wouldn't make much sense. Mind you, it's not actually fixed on the northern most point at all, it's off a bit. But at the N.pole if you look up it'll be there.

Also yep Spark you're not gonna have much luck, but you get to see Capricorn, I wish I could.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by DicksMcgee Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:02 pm

I can always find Orion! 'u'

Idontunderstandwhatyouguysaretalkingabout
DicksMcgee
DicksMcgee
Cooltrainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:06 pm

i forgot what stars look like

edit: hank apparently you upgraded

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 22 TcGbNTR
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:27 pm

You bastard, I gave those pants to you in faith, how could you be so cruel! >:0

In related thingys I LOVE Orion it's my favourite constellation. The belt and ESPECIALLY the scabbard. Oh and also Betelgeuse. That's the top left star in it, it's a red giant and if you look at it it really is a proper red colour. Look out for it next time Nelly! Also it basically points at Gemini. (Extend "arm" pointing out and a bit up from Betelgeuse. That's where you'll find Gemini, can't miss it. Jupiter is between them at the moment, and it's SUPER bright. Also can't miss that.)
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:29 pm

For the longest time Orion was the only constellation that I could find, just because of the distinctive belt. And the one with the W shape because that's pretty bright, too.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:45 pm

Cassiopeia. 2nd favourite. I always think of Wario's stache looking at it.
But also big dipper, I mean c'mon guys it's RIGHT THERE
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:46 pm

6 gyms in and doin well.
the eevee became a vaporeon.
why is the only way to get a Razor Fang in this game by spending 48 BP? :c
floette is not allowed to evolve.
surprising to only myself, linoone became an HM slave
rapidash and gardevoir are the heavy hitters of the team, though gligar hits pretty hard with Acrobatics.

been skipping so much stuff, my team is almost average-leveled.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:55 pm

this is the funniest thing
i wonder why it's specifically targeting me?
i actually have ghostery enabled and cookie tracking blocked and all this other privacy stuff, so i know it's not tracking where i go...
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:25 pm

its because your an admin and they are always up to something

also its now night and i went outside and still saw nothing i got soaked for you are you happy?
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:37 pm

I remember the first time I saw the Big Dipper I was really surprised at how BIG it was, since in pictures it doesn't seem so huge. And then I felt stupid, because, duh, "Big" Dipper.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next