Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Second Annual Secret Delibird--Christmukkah in December Edition

+14
Xaber
sournote103
NinteNerd
Dregadude
cephalopodAscendant
Gelatino
ilikeoctopus
d_what
Spark Eletran
Captain
tinning3
invisibleTerrarium
OverlordJ
phantasmalDexterity
18 posters

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Second Annual Secret Delibird--Christmukkah in December Edition - Page 4 Empty Re: Second Annual Secret Delibird--Christmukkah in December Edition

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:55 pm

Hey d_what, you do know that you probably don't have to worry about getting a Swampert, right? Pokémon Bank comes out Christmas day in Japan and two days later for the US and Europe, which is right after the date when ideally we've all contacted our giftees to give them their gifts. Short of an event between now and then, Mudkip and its evolutions are out of the question for Gen VI, along with everything else not catchable in Kalos (apart from the Torchic line, for obvious reasons).
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Second Annual Secret Delibird--Christmukkah in December Edition - Page 4 Empty Re: Second Annual Secret Delibird--Christmukkah in December Edition

Post by Hanky Panky Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:58 pm

I'm not going to give out another RNG'd shiny this year. I would have to use B/W 2 to distribute if I did that. Besides, Green Greens is ridiculous.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:10 pm

Yeah but I'm open to 5th gen too. Best to be on the safe side, doncha think? And anyway it's easier just to list everything at once.

TBH I don't even use Froslass or Salamence, and I gave Chandelure and Heracross away. But I have their siblings to use for breeding so it amounts to the same thing.

In fact, Salamence and Froslass were my backup SS gifts. Yeah, that's right, I bred 3 in that time! The catch was, they were for specific people. I had pokemon in mind for about half of you and then I bred whatever seemed most straightforward at the time.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:16 pm

What did you have in mind for me? Was it something poison-type?
a shiny Scolipede?
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:19 pm

Oh c'mon like I could ever be bothered to get a shiny. Funnily enough, it WAS a poison type, I don't know why though, it just seemed like a good idea? Most of the others had some sort of set reason, yours didn't, it was just 'this one. Definitely this one.'
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:25 pm

Maybe because poison has become one of my favorite types. Or maybe because you associate me with Poison types because my favorite 'mon is Crobat.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:28 pm

It was probably the latter. Wasn't the former though since I didn't really know you liked Poison types as a rule.

Insofar as everyone doesn't, I mean, Poison types are like, the best, except when they're not, which is unfortunately often?

Could Yveltal not have been poison, I mean really Sad
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:16 pm

Seeing as how poison is easily the most effective way of eliminating fairy types, which I think likely dethroned Dragon as most OP type (now that both Dragon and Steel have been nerfed), I'd say poison is about due for a legendary appearance. It did receive a MAJOR boost and there's now a very good reason to carry a poison type.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:34 pm

Steel did get nerfed slightly, but you have to remember it's also capable of dealing with Fairy-types, so it balances out somewhat. That being said, Poison's a lot more viable now than it ever has been, especially with monsters like Mega Gengar, and we do need to see a Poison legendary (preferably alongside a Dark gym).
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:08 am

I think a poison Uber would be very viable, for the reasons you've said. Xerneas fucks shit up! Unfortunately game freak's balancing effort really didn't do a whole lot. There simply aren't enough fairies to 'dethrone' them, merely make them less 100% effective.

Arguably Ghost is the best type currently, at least offensively. Resisted only by Dark and Normal, neither of which are good defensive types, and both are weak to Ghost's most common coverage move. And of course there's a lot or viable ghosties. 
But extend the trend to infinity and yes eventually Fairies will become better. The more pokemon they have access to, the scarier they'll get. Gen 7 with be interesting.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:03 pm

THIS IS WHAT I WANT FOR SECRET SANTA:
As long as I don't get another Torchic I'll be happy tbh. Or anything I've already trained up and got a good one of (Breloom, Greninja, Mienshao, Gliscor, Aegislash, Dragonite and Starmie). Literally anything but that would be cool to receive. If it's shiny, that would of course be hella sweet, but I know I'm unlikely to give away a shiny myself, so I'm not expecting any.

Last edited by Captain on Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:17 pm

cephalopodAscendant wrote:Steel did get nerfed slightly, but you have to remember it's also capable of dealing with Fairy-types, so it balances out somewhat. That being said, Poison's a lot more viable now than it ever has been, especially with monsters like Mega Gengar, and we do need to see a Poison legendary (preferably alongside a Dark gym).
Steel is supereffective against Fairy, yeah, but there aren't as many steel-type attacks to spread around. I feel like poison is the better between the two simply because it's more common and easier to get a pokemon to learn a poison type move than a steel type move. Hell, I don't even think I have any steel TMs right now.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Nov 09, 2013 2:53 pm

Steel Wing (TM51) is a prize at the Battle Maison. You can find Gyro Ball (TM74) in Reflection Cave in a semi-hidden chamber. Flash Cannon (TM91) is a gift from an NPC in Kiloude City. Okay, maybe Steel-type attacks are harder to get.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:38 pm

To be honest though, most physical Steel types learn Iron Head (which is all they really need), plus many of the most common metagame Pokemon get Bullet Punch (oh hello there Scizor and Lucario). So Steel types have perfectly good attacks. Poisons are equally good though.
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:22 pm

I guess i should list what I can give?
I have amauras coming out my ears so if anyone really wants one of those theyre fair game
I have japanese dittos
French gourgeist
A bunch of other shit too i can't remember

What i really want for christmas is shiny literally anything that isn't miltank, tangrowth, corsola, or victreebel although any non-shiny cool thing would be perfectly good too

And ive trained aegislash, delphox, malamar, florges, barbaracle, victreebel, and blastoise so none of those.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:02 pm

The best thing for me to ask for is something that could fit into my growing Y team, which currently is Braixen, Quilladin, and Binacle. I'd like something sweep-y that doesn't have any of the types of the evolved forms of the Pokmeon I just listed.

Plus a cool nickname, that's always important.

And as for what I can give, pretty much anything that could be bred in Gen 6 without the use of Pokebank or hax. Assuming I get far enough in the game for finding whatever Pokemon is requested. Hypothetically though, I could get something in Black 2 and transfer it to my roommate's account and trade it to my file and then to you guys. That's also very viable.

tl;dr: I can probably get you guys anything (non-shiny preferably, shiny searching is just... no) you want, if my roommate or someone I know decides to get Pokebank.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:33 pm

if people are listing the things that they do and don't want, maybe somebody should be quoting those posts and pasting them in the op as a little index so once people get their giftees, they can find out exactly what to get them.

here's what we're gonna do.  everybody who wants to receive a gift should describe what kind of pokemon they want.  it doesn't have to be a concise list; you can just say something like "any dragon types" or "anything red."  also, if you want a specific nature, level, or ev training, then you should say so.

when you make this post, please begin your post with the following words, formatted in exactly this way:

i also updated the op with people who signed up
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:31 pm

THIS IS WHAT I WANT FOR SECRET SANTA
Literally anything shiny that isnt Tangrowth, Corsola, Miltank, or anything in the Victreebel line.
Or a cool relatively strong non-shiny thing.
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:03 pm

Any shiny apart from Skrelp/Dragalge and Gible/Gabite/Garchomp (I've already got both, even if Gible still needs to be transferred up), but especially Beldum/Metang/Metagross, Omanyte/Omastar, or Inkay/Malamar
Basically any X-exclusive apart from Swirlix/Slurpuff
Any good Poison-types
Any combination of the above
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:17 pm

basically anything that can't normally be found in the wild. this means friend safari pokemon. it should be competitively viable, meaning good nature, good evs, and appropriate egg moves if you're giving it to me as a baby. ivs and level are irrelevant.
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:17 pm

if possible some shiny thing i could use specially if its an actually good looking shiny, inkays a cool one for example
or maybe a clauncher/clawitzer, ev trained if possible
if neither of those are an actual possibility, then just a cool 'mon that was ev trained and has a good nature works
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:02 am

Something that isn't Fire, Psychic, Grass, Fighting, Bug, Flying, Water, and Rock; i.e. something that'll fit into my team of Delphox, Chesnaught, Vespiquen, and Barbaracle. Something sweeper-y maybe, although a special wall/sweeper would be desirable as well. Right now I'm missing a good counter to Dragon, Electric, Fairy, Poison, and Ghost, if that helps. EV trained if possible, nickname is a must, don't care about shiny. Right now my team is level ~30. If between now and the deadline I add a member to my team (not sure if I will, but just in case) I'll list that here too.

Specific Pokemon I don't want are under the spoiler. These are mostly because I've already trained them in the past and I make it my goal to always train new Pokemon in a new team. Even though it represents around five fully trained teams, I already eliminated Pokemon with the same types that I already have in Y.
no plz:

To the person who's pairing us up, if you could give me to someone who's competitively minded that would be great.

Sorry to be THAT GUY who posts like a billion rules, but tbh I'm after something useful out of this instead of a cool or memorable trophy like most others.

Last edited by Dregadude on Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:12 pm

i am not particular about what i want for ss
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:22 pm

I don't mind very much either. As long as you have fun with it, I'm fine with whatever!
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:30 pm

I'm fine with pretty much everything, but here are some pokemon that I wouldn't like to get:
Spoiler:
Also, give it an interesting moveset (think up a cool strategy for it), and be at least EV trained.
Shiny and IV is optional but welcomed.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next