Pokemon game discussion

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Pokemon game discussion

Post by phantasmalDexterity on Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:06 pm

Oh wait. That wasn't the move I was thinking of. Nevermind.
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant on Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:08 pm

You know someone in Santalune tells you the names of all of the badges, and one of them (in English, at least) is explicitly named the Fairy Badge. Come to think of it, almost half of the Kalos Badges are straight-up named after their gym's type - Bug, Fairy, and Psychic. The others are fairly self-explanatory as well - Cliff (most likely Rock, possibly Ground), Rumble (Fighting), Plant (Grass), Voltage (Electric), and Iceberg (Ice). Of course, I've only beaten the first gym so far, so most of these are speculation, but they don't exactly require great leaps of logic.
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky on Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:34 pm

First two badges are bug and rock.
There's no Dark gym.

Current team:
Artemis, level 33 Croagunk
Elvis, level 34 Pansage (seriously i can't get rid of him. oh wait i just got a ferroseed)
Tiamat, level 36 Charizard
Frank, level 36 Greninja
Zoelle, level 32 Gardevoir
Hauteclere, level 35 Doublade

Artemis has maxed out ATK EVs and I just taught her Poison Jab. she gonna be my fairy killa.

Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium on Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:20 pm

Beat Clemont. Onward to catch a motherfuckin Goomy.
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ on Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:42 pm

"There's no Dark gym"

"There's no Dark gym"

"There's no Dark gym"

"There's no Dark gym"

"There's no Dark gym"

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very MadEvil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad 

GOD MOTHERFUCKING DAMN IT NINTENDO!
OverlordJ
Expert

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky on Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:47 pm

yeah i feel the same way, OJ.
Dark is my favorite type, after all.

Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what on Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:49 pm

Y tho? Over in Japan, the dark type is less 'absence of light' and more 'evil. Like, bad guy pokemon'. And by and large we don't get any evil leaders or town mayors, except Giovanni who totally would have pulled it off. Don't expect to be surprised, OJ.

In any case.
Nobody cares.
The gyms are all too easy to notice what type they are anyway. Fairy/Psychic is all just a big magenta blur to me.

Democratically elected ruler of everything

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky on Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:55 pm

Speaking of Fairy/Psychic, Gardevoir wrecks fighting gyms. Doubly resistant to Fighting~

Dark type is my favorite type because it's construed as evil.

Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:16 pm

Not all Dark types are evil though. Absol is the best example.

And even then, wasn't it once said that no Pokemon is naturally evil, they only become evil if their trainer raises them like that?

Though I think that might be info from the first gen, so it might not be canon anymore.
OverlordJ
Expert

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:48 pm

welcome to trying to bring morality into pokemon: the thread. kind of like trying to decide which chess piece is the most aggressive

i decided to stick with pancham because it evolved into super bear and it's moderately good now, aurorasaurus hasn't evolved yet but i'm getting there, and i think chessnut might evolve in like one level

team so far
- wall nut
- flying man
- oso
- aurorasaurus
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky on Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:34 pm

I wish toxicroak would have gotten a megavolution.

Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant on Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:55 pm

OverlordJ wrote:Not all Dark types are evil though. Absol is the best example.

And even then, wasn't it once said that no Pokemon is naturally evil, they only become evil if their trainer raises them like that?

Though I think that might be info from the first gen, so it might not be canon anymore.
I think that's pretty much just the anime. Many Pokémon are described as vicious or violent in their Pokédex descriptions.
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium on Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:03 pm

d_what wrote:Y tho? Over in Japan, the dark type is less 'absence of light' and more 'evil. Like, bad guy pokemon'. And by and large we don't get any evil leaders or town mayors, except Giovanni who totally would have pulled it off. Don't expect to be surprised, OJ.

In any case.
Nobody cares.
The gyms are all too easy to notice what type they are anyway. Fairy/Psychic is all just a big magenta blur to me.
Uh, besides Giovanni there's also Es Case/Evice and Venus from Pokemon Colosseum.
Updates: Goomy caught. Nicknamed "goomy pls."

Current party:
Sashimi/Binacle - Lv. 36 - Surf, Shadow Claw, Strength, Ancient Power (yeah they changed it to two words)
Flavio I/Floette - Lv. 37 - Wish, Magical Leaf, Fairy Wind, Petal Blizzard (OH GOD HE KEEPS LEARNING GRASS MOVES MAKE IT STOP)
Blaise/Delphox - Lv. 48 - Psyshock, Flamethrower, Mystical Fire, Will-O-Wisp
Cool Dude/Malamar - Lv. 36 - Foul Play, Payback, Psybeam, Hypnosis
Ballestra/Doublade - Lv. 44 - Shadow Sneak, Swords Dance, Slash, Night Slash
MDR/Mega Blastoise - Lv. 44 - Rock Smash, Water Pulse, Surf, Skull Bash

Location: Route 14. Enroute to Laverre City, whatever the fuck that is.
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz on Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:38 pm

So I've gotten two more team members and, of course, started a team rotation. I just couldn't resist. Also, Meowstic Maya's name finally makes sense now that she's evolved!

Funnelcake the braixen
William the Vivillon
Percy the Azumarill
Daryan the furfrou
Maya the Meowstic
Caledwelsh the honedge
Glb'golyb the Inkay
Calliope the amaura

I'll be taking the latter six into the second gym. They're all level 25-26. Do you guys think I'm ready?
muffinz
Gentleman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium on Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:33 am

Bam, Barbaracle. Everyone in my party is currently level 41 or above. Anyone know where to get a Shiny Stone? I'd like to evolve Flavio.
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd on Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:47 am

for those who have yet to get the game:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
smuppedo
mspa
NinteNerd
Gentleman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz on Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:06 am

Well, guess I was ready. The battle was, like, really anticlimactic.
Spoiler:
Maya two-shot the amurica or however you spell it, although she did get paralyzed, then Percy took out the tyrunt with a critical-hit ohko aqua tail.

Gahhhh oh gosh Carbink is rare as heck. Also its catch rate is awful. After maybe two dozen encounters before finding it, it broke out of three great balls while asleep at red health.

Can anyone figure out its stats? It's level 23 with an Adamant nature and it's "Capable of taking hits".
62/35/81/30/76/29
That Defense looks, like, really really high, but maybe its other stats just totally suck? Iunno.
muffinz
Gentleman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what on Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:10 am

Try smogon. It has low HP but large defenses; a shuckle but less extreme.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium on Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:56 am

Carbink has insane physical and special defense, but its other stats are pretty low.
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sharpedo on Wed Oct 16, 2013 10:58 am

NinteNerd wrote:
for those who have yet to get the game:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
smuppedo
mspa

THE DESCRIPTION LIES. HE SAID IT WAS FREE BUT YOU HAVE TO INSERT MONEY.
WHAT REGION IS THAT BOXART FROM? MY XERNEAS POSE IS MORE GENERIC.
Sharpedo
Youngster

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz on Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:52 pm

d_what wrote:Try smogon. It has low HP but large defenses; a shuckle but less extreme.

Well alright cool
But
I don't know how to get there???
I'm pretty sure their adress is not just "smogon.com", and I can't remember what it is
I haven't been to there in long enough that nothing shows up in my history
And I can't remember anywhere that links to it
So ummmmmm
lniks pls??

...AHHHHH OH MY GOSH
AAABDTJTGFBDRBBTHPTHHHH
WHAAAAAAAAAT!?!?!?:
WHJFFFFFFJGBRBHHHHHHHHAHAHAHA HOLY CRAP
GUESS WHAT I JUST FOUND
GUESS
WHAT I
JUST FOUND.
SO I'M SEARCHING FOR A CARBINK WITH A NOT-CRAPPY NATURE IN REFLECTING CAVE
AND I SEE THE SCREENWIPE OF A HORDE BATTLE AND I'M THINKING, LIKE "aw man, come on, why are these so common. stop wasting my time."
BUT THEN
I SEE
THIS:

AND I CAUGHT IT!!!!!! I WAS TO NERVOUS TO ATTACK IT SO IT TOOK ALL THREE OF MY NOT-BUYABLE-YET ULTRA BALLS!
BUT I CAUGHT IT!
AND OH MY GOSH I AM LIKE THE ONLY PERSON ON THE INTERNET WHO DOESN'T DISLIKE MR. MIME!
SO YOU FREAKIN' BET I'M GONNA USE HIM!!!!! LAWRENCE "MOE" CURLS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST FREAKING SPARKLY GREEN CLOWN KALOS HAS EVER SEEN

HAHAHA I AM LIKE THE FIRST PERSON ON THE QUARANTINE TO CATCH A SHINY IN X/Y AREN'T I?????
YESSSS!!!! MY DAYS OF BEING "that person who never got even one and was jealous of everyone else for getting a ton" ARE OFFICIALLY OVER!!!!!
muffinz
Gentleman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz on Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:12 pm

So! In other, less capslock-y shouty news, I've got a Malamar now! :V
Man, it looked cool even in screenshots, but it looks way better in motion. It's just so... so sinister and threatening and cooool and it's like hypnotically swaying back and forth and its glowy patterns are all pulsing and stuff and its tentacles are waving around slowly and eeeee C: Its pokèdex entry makes it even better:
paraphrased from the pokeydecks:
It wields the most compelling hypnotic abilities of any POKèMON. It uses them to make anyone do its bidding.
Doesn't that make it sound so awesome??? Also, according to Smogon(whose website i managed to find on my own hahaha :V)...
contains information on some pokèmon's function in battle:
That one we saw the stats of? Turns out it DID have crappy IVs, and Malamar's base stat spread looks to be 80/100/90/70/65/70. Not great, but very usable! I'm pretty happy about this.
Here are some other stats they found out: (Stats are "about __" if they are unconfirmed estimates.)

Chesnaught is 90/100/120/80/70/70
Delphox is about 75/75/70/110/95/105
Greninja is 80/90/75/100/75/120
Yep, basically what I figured they were like.

Diggersby is about 85/60/75/50/75/75... but it can have Huge Power as a Hidden Ability, which you can find in a horde battle. Say hello to the best route-1-normal-type-420 BST-thingamajig yet!

Talonflame is about 75/80/70/80/70/130. Jeez, what's with that Speed? Too bad all its other stats are mediocre.

Vivillon is 80/50/50/100/50/100. Yessss, I was right, it IS better than Butterfree and Beautifly! I'm actually really relieved, because Vivillon has one of my favorite designs in gen 6.

Pyroar is 85/75/75/110/65/105. The heck??? Wowww UNEXPECTED is all I can say. Did ANYONE think it'd be a special attacker with mediocre Attack?

Florges is about 70/65/60/115/145/80. Woah jeez that Sp.Defense. I'm guessing this is the final form of Flabèbè, judging by its name, type, stats, and its place in the list?

Gogoat is 125/105/65/90/80/70. Wow, um, didn't see that coming? I mean, low-ish defense and massive HP? I figured it'd be more like 95/105/95/70/80/80 or something.

Pangoro is about 110/130/80/80/80/70. Yep, that's around what I expected.

Furfrou is 75/80/55/65/90/100. Wow, that's actually pretty close to my prediction, but better! I'm glad this thing is decent. I figured it'd be close to 70/80/50/50/80/85.

Meowstic is about 80/50/85/95/95/110. I'm surprised at how good its HP/Defense are and how low its Attack is, but I'm happy with these stats.

Aegislash is 60/60/150/60/150/60 in its defensive stance, and 60/150/60/150/60/60 in its offensive stance. Niiiice, it looks really useful. I just hope its low Speed won't let it down too much.

Aromatisse is 100/65/75/95/95/30. Wait what that Speed? I didn't expect a bird to be as slow as a freakin' Slowbro.

Slurpuff's stats have yet to be determined.

Malamar is about 80/100/90/70/65/70. Totally different from my prediction of about 105/60/70/115/115/50, but I can get used to it.

Barbaracle is 70/115/115/50/100/80. Dangggg that looks good. I might just have to use one in my next playthrough.

Dragalge is about 70/80/90/95/125/65. What low speed! What high sp.defense! I wasn't quite expecting this.

Clawitzer is about 70/70/100/130/100/55. Nice. Once we realized it would be a special attacker, I thought it'd be like this.

Heliolisk is about 60/65/55/120/100/120. Wow, more fragile and offense-based than I would've thought. This, um, this is Helioptile's evolution, right?

Tyrantrum is about 95/130/120/80/60/70. Neat. It looks useful. Nothin' else I have to say here.

Auroros is about 125/85/70/120/95/70. Wow, um, really? Well, there go my dreams of Calliope being a mixed attacker with an ice Return. Ah well, I was considering boxing her soon anyway.

Sylveon is 95/60/65/110/130/65. That's what I thought.

Hawlucha is about 90/95/80/70/70/110. Darn, I was hoping it'd be a flying bird with mediocre speed for once. Doesn't it look more like a 95/105/80/70/70/80 to you?

Dedenne's stats have yet to be determined.

Carbink is about 50/65/155/50/155/50. Yep, mini-Shuckle is right. Man, I ought to try this thing out someday. Too bad it's got better physical attack, or else the newly stronger-than-Rock Slide Power Gem would be really nice on it.

Goodra is about 80/95/80/115/140/90. Worse HP than what I thought, but otherwise expected. Man, assuming the level curve is as steep as BW2's, this thing is actually evolvable, like, before the very end of the game, which is great.

Klefki is 50/80/90/80/80/70. Mediocre stats, sure, but a great defensive type and Prankster. I might just have to try using this guy sometime.

Trevenant is 90/120/70/70/80/50. I figured as much. Looks pretty useful, and it apparently can learn Horn Leech. Cool.

Gourgeist is 70/80/120/50/75/90 in its smallest form, and perhaps about 95/105/125/60/80/50 in its biggest form? The gaps between the high and low estimates for the biggest form were so big that it's hard to be sure. The middle two forms' stats have yet to be determined, but we can make educated guesses about them.

Avalugg is about 100/110/180/45/50/30. Jeez, what min-maxing this thing has! I haven't actually seen this thing, but I'd never expect a pure Ice-type to have stats like this.

Noivern is about 90/80/80/105/85/120. Cool, but nothing else I have to say about it, really.

Xerneas was next, so I stopped scrolling down because I didn't want to spoil myself about any remaining legendaries.
muffinz
Gentleman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity on Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:22 pm

Meowstic is such a cat. Going all like "Whatever." while it's plainly visible that she likes me high-fives. <3

Also, Pokemon Amie is the greatest thing ever. I wish the Expression Game were less buggy, though.

I don't know if I want to take Lucario. My team is already full, but I feel bad for abandoning him. Conflicting feelings, aaargh.
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran on Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:29 pm

imma playing the y

pokémon-amie is adorable

super training is awesome

this game is great

thats all i have to say on this matter for now
Spark Eletran
Tamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity on Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:33 pm

!!!!
Spark.
Spark. You're a cool member of my team.

Also, I really love what Korrina says: "You soon going to swim in these [badges]" I think Game Freak did this pacing completely on purpose. And they are aware that we know they know we know.
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top