Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

+19
Captain
Sandstriker
Sharpedo
muffinz
Xaber
OverlordJ
invisibleTerrarium
Spark Eletran
d_what
cephalopodAscendant
Dregadude
Hanky Panky
phantasmalDexterity
NinteNerd
tinning3
ilikeoctopus
kotakun
variegatedDreamraptor
Gelatino
23 posters

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 2 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:34 pm

You mean Julie Andrews?
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway - Page 2 Empty Re: General chat: Who needs mspaf anyway

Post by d_what Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:04 pm

Yop. She's pretty cool too. Her surgeons botched her throat surgery and now she can only sing one octave Sad but she tries anyway! How great is that?
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:18 pm

hm! you know, i was considering asking about a speech topic here, myself. i might as well throw it out there while the topic is hot. we have to do a persuasive speech, and i have no clue what i'd like to do. suggestions? my first thought was "i should totally persuade them to read homestuck", but then i immediately realized that was stupid.

i don't see why you shouldn't do it on hussie. provided said "person or thing" doesn't need to be famous or even well-known, there's nothing wrong with doing something obscure as long as you can concretely describe their accomplishments and the reasons you admire them.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:23 pm

Yeah, so far the only con has been "people don't know him" while the pros are "I know more about him than anyone else and it would be really easy to write a speech talking about him". I mean, it might be uncomfortable if during the speech all I can think about is that I'm telling people to read a comic that in one page showed a character admiring a horse penis?

srsly a few days after that page my high school's internet banned mspaintadventures.com for being an "adult game"
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:58 pm

yeah i don't know where the "adult game" thing came from, i got the same thing at my school, though the horse penis thing may have something to do with it

Seriously though, I wouldn't suggest using andrew hussie as your speech topic. He hasn't really done much of anything with himself besides writing some famous comics along with some not-so-famous comics. Honestly, he's not a very praiseworthy man. Homestuck, however, is a praiseworthy work and I might suggest making a speech about that as long as you know what you're doing and you don't mind looking like a huge nerd.
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:58 pm

Let's be fair, that was a pretty accurate description of that page. Most of the time it's hilarious how wrong they are about whatever it is they're blocking.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:19 am

Good bands to write a tribute to:
The Eagles
Pink Floyd
Beck
Blue Oyster Cult
Daft Punk
David Bowie
Flogging Molly
Gorillaz
Radiohead
Jack's Mannequin
johnny cash
why am i wasting my life making this fucking list where did the past 23 years go

all of my friends are in relationships right now and i'm just this deadbeat idiot treading water in the same shallow pool year after year
oh god im gonna die alone
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:20 am

Hey, you're not the only one. Mostly because I can't ever work up the courage to actually tell people I like that I'm interested in them...
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:25 am

there is no one that i know right now in any circle of friends that i'm interested in dating.

on top of that, i'm not even sure i am interested in dating.

it's one big fucking cesspit and i am tired of unintentionally dating bitchy bitches. i mean you date one semi-nice girl then terrible people come along and then another decent girl and after all that you realize that you really are better off alone because people are fucking crazy and i can't rely on anyone but myself.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:18 am

oh snap nn's about to be serious on the internet:

Last edited by NinteNerd on Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:36 am

Man, that was inspiring. Serious NN should happen more often. (not that normal NN isn't already perfect in every way)

Yeah, even though I have a year less in life and exactly the same experience ("zero experience in relationships beyond friend level, who is socially inept to boot and also is extremely biased with an intense dislike for humanity"), I agree with everything you said. In high school, I was friends with almost everybody, and although those friendships ranged from gimmicky in-jokes to actual, personal, probably lifelong relationships (nothing serious though), and I found it far more rewarding than having gone through fifty girlfriends just to say that I had. I've found that the most important thing is to have enough self-confidence to know that when the time comes and you meet a girl you really really like, you will be able to form a relationship with her. Friendship IS a kind of love, and even the most informal bond is good practice for having a girlfriend. HP, you're a perfectly rational person for avoiding needless drama as long as you have.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:13 am

Hanky Panky wrote:
The Eagles
Pink Floyd
Beck
Blue Oyster Cult
Daft Punk
David Bowie
Flogging Molly
Gorillaz
Radiohead
Jack's Mannequin
johnny cash
This list starts with Eagles and consists of 11 bands.
amusing coincidence... or is it??? DUN DUN DUUUUUN
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:03 pm

Yeah, I think it would be nice and all to have a girlfriend, sure, whatever, but it's not something like OMFG ULTRA IMPORTANT MUST DO

I've gotta buncha cool friends (Specially here in the Quarantine) and a pretty cool life and and and I have fun and it's cool I just I don't see why does everybody need to like DATE EVERYBODY GOOO

it's weird
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:16 pm

as a dude who has courted but never seriously dated, i say it's all up to the individual. some people place paramount importance on having someone to love and i'm cool with that; not gonna lie and say i've never felt that way myself. just keep your priorities straight and don't feel bad if you don't have a date because there's a whole lot more to life.
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:32 pm

Awww gelatino you ruined it, you said you weren't gonna reveal your gender >Sad I was THIS close to sucesfully picturing you as a creepy bird thing, I hope you're happy!

Anyway, my two cents are: growing up I had a hard enough time keeping friends, let alone S.O.s, plus I was shy when I was younger so it was hard even to make acquaintances. Then in secondary school (age about 12 to 18 I guess) "shit happened" and I found in myself boatloads of confidence and inner strength and rather a lot of vicious bile for the douchebags who, prior to that, had been my entire social circle. (In summary: any and all relationships with and between them were Toxic. For a group of friends there was a ridiculous amount of drama and hurt and I'd had far too much of it... Even if I did contribute to it rather significantly by my absence. But at that stage I was well out of it and didn't care.) And going into college, with a lot of new people with similar interests, I was able to use that new extroversion and make some friends, who are now great and very close friends, and they make me a better person for it, (apparently I'm the glue in our social group now. Me. How weird is that?) and I even have a best friend. And for me, that's bliss, A+, 100%, success achieved, etc, etc. Quite literally my dreams have been fulfilled and I genuinely don't need to date or view people romantically. The effort I put into my close friendships is very similar to what other people would into romantic or sexual ones. I'm happy exactly where I am thank you, and dating to make society or my parents happy would be disingenuous. And frankly anyone I could see romantically I'd immediately try to make a friend of them, due to the aforementioned dreams and if I'm honest, instincts.

I'd prefer it if my parents wouldn't joke is there a girl I'm seeing behind their back every time I mention I've gone out, though (I'm living away from home and have full independence ATM). They joke but I think they ask out of desperation because my younger sister has had a few boyfriends but I've never so much as mentioned it, or even been on the social scene. (Parties and bars and things. If I go it's because my friends are and that's a rare occurrence.)
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:50 pm

for my purposes, "dude" is gender neutral, i frequently refer to both guys and girls as dudes
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:09 pm

So 'as a dude' in this case meant 'as a person'? In that case:

Rain is wet

And

That still means I can't think of you as bird-thing!
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:27 pm

"dude" is also species-neutral, i frequently refer to my cat as a dude (and she's a girl too)

while i'm at it i may as well point out that this bird adorning the leftmost pert of my posts is a pretty legit dude all around
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:19 am

Man, the latest Homestuck update sure is topical, what with all this friendship discussion.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:23 pm

anybody here watch the office

if so don't spoil me, season 9 came on netflix and i'm watching through them one episode per day
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:31 pm

You mean the main one? There's a bunch of different Office versions.

That said. No, I do not.

OH HEY GUYS LOOK WHAT I GOT
oh except you can't because for some reason I can't upload photos from my phone here Sad I suppose I'll just have to draw out the suspense.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:37 pm

oh no what is itttttttttt

i cant take this suspense im leaving forever bye
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:38 pm

Iiiiiiiit's...
A SMUPPEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOO!
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:18 pm

Giratina?
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by kotakun Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:22 pm

its a giratina smuppedo
kotakun
kotakun
Gentleman

http://kotakuns.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21 ... 40  Next