Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ballstuck: A Pokémon SBURB RP

+17
Captain
DicksMcgee
cerebralconfinement
Tirgo
Xaber
Spark Eletran
d_what
OverlordJ
muffinz
tinning3
tailoredGoose
Gelatino
phantasmalDexterity
Sandstriker
NinteNerd
Dregadude
sournote103
21 posters

Page 6 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next

Go down

Ballstuck: A Pokémon SBURB RP - Page 6 Empty Re: Ballstuck: A Pokémon SBURB RP

Post by d_what Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:47 pm

Actually I'm only saying that because I supplied Scoville's nickname Razz depending how attached you are to Kaichi we could negotiate on my preferences!

mspa
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:55 pm

Okay, I think I'm starting to overdo the background of Cyanos family...

If anyone is interested, I can post a little family tree for his family, even though they won't even play a big part in the RP.

I have also decided for names for most of them, short informations about them, how the parents met and similar things
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:16 pm

pokemon dolls/plushes are a thing that canonically exist, so maybe use those also? i'm not opposed to TOSO FLAIL-ing a just-defeated pokemon into the sprite.

also again, moves. spark was the only one to say anything on that. i think strife specibi are unnecessary because, as someone in chat very accurately put it, "pokemon are basically walking weapons" i prolly misquoted a bit, but yeah.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:21 pm

D_What said something about an oddish bidoof abomination as the carapaces, but I say we just leave them as they are. And then they're prototyped into whatever we throw in.

And yeah let's ignore strife specibi.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:23 pm

I am sorry but sburb without strifespecibi is just not sburb in my opinion. This is one of the reasons why I'm a bit unhappy about the legendaries as Denizens. With enough training, any Pokemon can take down a Legendary. The Denizens are supposed to be crazy strong, nearly impossible to defeat in a fight. (Yes, the trolls mostly fought them but they were a special case and even then, they shouldn't have done it)

Anyways, I imagine that the Black King would probably be hard to take down, I doubt some regular Pokemons attacks will do so much as tickle an opponent like that.

Please people, remember that you can't upgrade attacks via alchemiter (Unless you have some TMs maybe). If we ignore everything about Sburbs game mechanics (fetch modi, strife specibi, fraymotifs and so on) then it won't be Pokemon playing sburb. Sure, some Pokemon moves should definatly be used and they'll definatly help us take down some of the early enemies much easier then the humans did. But not using any specibus should always be something unusual. Yeah, Jade stopped using her guns after she reached Godtier and we didn't really see her fighting a lot while in the session. And yes, Equius main strife specibus was Fistkind and it seems VERY likely that it's impossible to alchemize anything for that specibus. But as I said, special cases. Also, except for Jade, all other godtier we've seen fighting continued to use their specibi. Using a certain kind of weapons is a relativly important part of sburb, not for the lore but for the mechanics.

If you can't think of a specibus, that's fine. Ask us, I'm sure SOMEONE will have an idea. If you want a Pokemon themed specibus? That's fine, too. But not using any specibus at all? That's a pretty bad idea.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:34 pm

Alright OJ, you convinced me. But do you have some recommendation for Pignite, something that beats using fire shaped as weapons? (I was going to call it firekind.)
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:36 pm

Dregadude wrote:Alright OJ, you convinced me. But do you have some recommendation for Pignite, something that beats using fire shaped as weapons? (I was going to call it firekind.)

Since you are a smith if I remember it correctly, hammerkind seems like the most obvious option. It also fits to your rather slow but physically strong Pokemon.

However, if you don't like that idea, I'll think of something else.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:38 pm

I still like my idea of having basic moves at first and then alchemizing TMs to improve moves and accesorys to improve certain variables of attack and defence and speed etc, like flame armlet lvl 1 improves flame attacks by a certain small margin whereas flame armlet lvl 8, an end game item, gives you a megaboost. Could do the same with armor. Maybe not QUITE so complicated depending on how in depth you wanna go, but I think along those lines means that while raw pokemon power is helpful at first, the gains recieved by alchemizing are still there and still make it an important part of the game.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:39 pm

Yeah that makes sense. Hammerkind it is.

And replying to tinning, armor is something that I could make for everyone once the RP starts and everyone enters.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:43 pm

tinning3 wrote:I still like my idea of having basic moves at first and then alchemizing TMs to improve moves and accesorys to improve certain variables of attack and defence and speed etc, like flame armlet lvl 1 improves flame attacks by a certain small margin whereas flame armlet lvl 8, an end game item, gives you a megaboost. Could do the same with armor. Maybe not QUITE so complicated depending on how in depth you wanna go, but I think along those lines means that while raw pokemon power is helpful at first, the gains recieved by alchemizing are still there and still make it an important part of the game.

Seems pretty weird to me. I suppose alchemizing some items that boost the power of your moves is okay but it seems much to simple compared to what alchemization is like in a normal session. I mean, you are basically just making charcoal and later you're making "super charcoal" or something like that. Seems much less exciting then the items and odd effects the kids and others were doing. And alchemizing TMs is a bit weird, what would you even alchemize them from? Do you have tons of TMs just lying around at home? And even if you do, unless you plan on making new moves that don't exist, it's pretty limiting.

Dregadude wrote:Yeah that makes sense. Hammerkind it is.

And replying to tinning, armor is something that I could make for everyone once the RP starts and everyone enters.

Glad you think so. And yeah, some armor items might be nice. It always confused me why the kids and the trolls never really did that...

Oh and tinning, nothing stops you from, for example, alchemizing some armor with your charcoal to then make armor that boosts your fire moves. but if that's ALL you're doing it just seems boring to me.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:56 pm

That's a valid point actually, it makes sense in a normal game, but sburb is the ultimate immersive game. Normal RPG style boost items do seem a bit... tame in comparison. Guess I've been playing too much Final Fantasy lately.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:00 pm

Yup. In my opinion, the more creative/outlandish the alchemized combination, the more likely it'll turn into something awesome.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:12 pm

I'm glad we agree on that Very Happy 
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:13 pm

Dregadude wrote:D_What said something about an oddish bidoof abomination as the carapaces, but I say we just leave them as they are. And then they're prototyped into whatever we throw in.

And yeah let's ignore strife specibi.

Whoops sorry that was autocorrect again. I meant MOOKS. Like, the in-game early monsters, with successive monsters being stronger, using their evolved form's powers and having the best fusions instead of the worst. Which would happen by chucking in defeated pokemon, yes (which you could accomplish plot-wise by having the sburb disc or other macguffin be temporarily stolen/guarded/misplaced by a random Pokemon.) You'd need a lot of variety though. Or as I said, prototyping held items sometimes too. Balloon mooks sounds like so much fun :0
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:23 am

i agree on having strife specibus so we can do alchemystuff

also earlier i joked about having a honedgesprite soooo that could be a thing, sword enemies would be the best maps

oh btw glitch is clearly the best character i mean cmon mspa
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:32 am

Not to mention it'd make your avatar super-relevent
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:02 pm

alright, well i think i have the most obvious strife specibus ever, stickkind.
or i guess it's technically vegetablekind, but that sounds dumb and stickkind is canon :U
karate duck is so happening.

edit: i have no clue what to use for my sylladex. i'm thinking something based on maps/charts, having to do with grids or coordinates, but i don't know how to make that into a sufficiently gimmicky inventory.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:17 pm

NinteNerd wrote:alright, well i think i have the most obvious strife specibus ever, stickkind.
or i guess it's technically vegetablekind, but that sounds dumb and stickkind is canon :U
karate duck is so happening.

edit: i have no clue what to use for my sylladex. i'm thinking something based on maps/charts, having to do with grids or coordinates, but i don't know how to make that into a sufficiently gimmicky inventory.

You could do something like a BATTLESHIP MODUS.

mspa?
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:28 pm

no that sounds pretty good, actually. thing is, even if there's a "computer" hiding the items for pen to retrieve, it's still me putting them there, so there's no actual guesswork. i'm bad knowing when and when not to to "guess incorrectly". i'd be some dumb jade clone who "somehow always gets it right on the first try."
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:41 pm

I just got a crazy sort of idea for a MAP MODUS for you. So when you pick up items, the captchalogue modus randomly generates a map for you; depending on the items it would be a city, or a forest, or something else. Then you, using your cartography skills, pick out where on the map the item you're looking for would be, and then the item is released. Like if you're looking for a hammer then you might find it in a garage on the map.

I don't know, maybe this is all really silly.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:20 am

It might be an idea to put all the current RPers into the first post with Pokemon species and Classpect.

Some of us are too lazy to scour eight posts.

Oh and in case none of you could figure this out from me posting here I'm signing up with a Combusken. Knight of Doom or Prince of Doom.
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaber Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:18 am

Captain wrote:It might be an idea to put all the current RPers into the first post with Pokemon species and Classpect.

Oh and in case none of you could figure this out from me posting here I'm signing up with a Combusken. Knight of Doom or Prince of Doom.

I'm fairly sure we already have 12 players, so I don't know whether we have space for another.
Xaber
Xaber
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:08 am

Captain wrote:It might be an idea to put all the current RPers into the first post with Pokemon species and Classpect.

It's sadly to late to join this session, HOWEVER, we WILL have a second session and you are welcome to join it when it starts. That said, even if there still was a chance to join, I'm already the Prince of Doom

Though you have a point, an edit of the OP might be smart
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:20 am

I did have an idea for a second session.

Scratching and all that Jazz. I can so totes be a Guardian if you want to do that.

Brobusken.
Captain
Captain
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:58 am

Captain wrote:I did have an idea for a second session.

Scratching and all that Jazz. I can so totes be a Guardian if you want to do that.

Brobusken.

We aren't actually sure if we want the second session to be related to the first. It's something that hasn't been decided yet.

That doesn't mean you can't be a guardian though, I think there are still a few people who haven't really decided on their background yet.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 22 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 14 ... 22  Next