Ballstuck: A Pokémon SBURB RP

Page 5 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Ballstuck: A Pokémon SBURB RP

Post by phantasmalDexterity on Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:37 am

I think everyone should type how it feels natural for them.
Yeah, we should have our own Sylladexes. That's a given, imo.
I would vote yes.
Our leader should be sournote, since it's his idea.
avatar
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Posts : 642
Join date : 2013-07-21
Age : 24
Location : Not in a river.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ballstuck: A Pokémon SBURB RP

Post by Xaber on Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:46 am

Dregadude wrote:First, quirks. Do we need to have them? I vote no. It's unnecessary and in the PMD games nobody spoke with a quirk except for a few gimmicky exceptions. (Like, hmmm, Quagmire. And it was, hmmm, rather obtusely used, hmmm.)

Agreed.

Dregadude wrote:Second, captchalogues. Do we need to have them? I vote yes. It's fun to brainstorm new ways to render inventory useless and it's a good way to build character. In Homestuck, a character's captchalogue modus is often a defining characteristic.

I'm personally not so sure about this. While captchalogues are a good way to build character, they can be unnecessarily complex if taken too far, and basing too much on a fetch modus can limit your character.

Dregadude wrote:Third, GCAT pesterchum handles. (As in, handle abbreviations that are permutations of G, C, A, and T. Every character in Homestuck except the cherubs has a chumhandle with these letters.) I vote yes. I think it's implied that ectobiological paradox clones have to have handles with GCAT, except for John who changed his later.

I guess. It is a little restrictive, though. Perhaps we could use a different set of letters, or some variation on that? Just to avoid coming too close to copying canon handles.

Dregadude wrote:And fourth, meteors. If we are all paradox clones, a) who is going to do the ectobiology (aka who is the leader of our session), b) how does this fit into the history of our PMD world (meteors crashing into a planet is kind of a cataclysmic event) and c) if this is a failed session, as I heard discussion of, will that affect the ectobiological part of our session?

a) Whoever enters first, I guess. I'd give first choice to sournote, given they came up with this.
b) Honestly, the meteors are kinda sidelines in HS, especially given how Hussie just completely ignored the physics of falling meteors in atmospheres. I'd say that this is a fairly small issue that shouldn't require too much thought.
c) I'm still not sure about whether the session is successful or not. Ectobiology shouldn't be affected too much by that, since everything is supposed to have a guardian anyway, so scratching would be pretty easy. If we decide to have the ectobiology occur in the other session, then we just need to make sure we've made that decision before we get that far.
avatar
Xaber
Ranger

Posts : 205
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 19
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ballstuck: A Pokémon SBURB RP

Post by NinteNerd on Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:03 am

quirks: no. it's fun but annoying; we don't need any more defining quirks than the kids.

capchalogues: yes, but perhaps it can be part of the game itself? as in, none of them have capchalogues until they boot the game. i think that would be neat, not important though.
or we could do a thing with the exploration bags they have in the games?

GCAT: i'm pretty sure the only reason these are used is because DNA nucleotides. i don't think it's necessary, but we do need to keep in some themes, so sure, why not.

meteors: yeah this definitely needs to be done in chat. i'm pretty indifferent to this whole deal.
i think we were simply going to vote on who would be th first to enter and such?
i am also voting sournote, for the same reason as pD and Xaber.
avatar
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Posts : 550
Join date : 2013-07-20
Age : 22
Location : when will steven universe return from the war

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ballstuck: A Pokémon SBURB RP

Post by Spark Eletran on Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:46 am

drega wrote:First, quirks. Do we need to have them? I vote no. It's unnecessary and in the PMD games nobody spoke with a quirk except for a few gimmicky exceptions. (Like, hmmm, Quagmire. And it was, hmmm, rather obtusely used, hmmm.)

Quirks like the trolls? Hell no. Some other little things, like emoticons (Banyu using ones with 0 as an oshawott nose), capitalization sometimes, certain words being used often and even just way of speaking? Hell YES.

drega, once again, wrote:Second, captchalogues. Do we need to have them? I vote yes. It's fun to brainstorm new ways to render inventory useless and it's a good way to build character. In Homestuck, a character's captchalogue modus is often a defining characteristic.

Well... Sure, I guess. It could be kinda hard to come up with one for each character (though glitchs is totes gonna be something related to glitches or cheatcodes and stuff like that because of his name mspa ), but you're right: It DOES build character.

third time im saying this but, drega wrote:Third, GCAT pesterchum handles. (As in, handle abbreviations that are permutations of G, C, A, and T. Every character in Homestuck except the cherubs has a chumhandle with these letters.) I vote yes. I think it's implied that ectobiological paradox clones have to have handles with GCAT, except for John who changed his later.

Eh... I don't think this is really necessary and could maybe be a bit limiting, but I guess if the others want it, sure. I wouldn't mind if we had some sort of different theme for the handles though.

i think this is obvious BUT if you still didnt get it the one named drega wrote:And fourth, meteors. If we are all paradox clones, a) who is going to do the ectobiology (aka who is the leader of our session), b) how does this fit into the history of our PMD world (meteors crashing into a planet is kind of a cataclysmic event) and c) if this is a failed session, as I heard discussion of, will that affect the ectobiological part of our session?

I'm not so sure about being it a failed session. If it was simply a... Well, failed session, it could end up being kind of... Anti-climatic. If we DO fail, there should probably be some sort of extra plot to make it more intereting or something. If not, probably should be just... A normal session. About the meteors... I've got no idea about that one. And the leader thing... Well... If Sournote DOES want to be the leader, sure I guess. If not, we should probably make a vote or something... Though we could also just use a random generator to see who gets picked maps Also totes gonna vote for Banyu to enter first, do ectobiology and all that stuff because that would make me the like cool last player to enter and all which is pretty awesome mspa
avatar
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Posts : 1257
Join date : 2013-07-20
Age : 18
Location : right over here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ballstuck: A Pokémon SBURB RP

Post by OverlordJ on Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:06 am

I think small quirks like the things Spark said would be nice, for example, Cyano has a weird laugh, so instead of Hahaha I'd type Shashasha.

I vote we definatly NEED captchalogue, because without them alchemy doesn't even work and with neither captchalogue nor alchemy it just wouldn't be sburb anymore.

I am fine with GCAT chumhandles, as long as I can either be GG or GT. Though honestly, most RPs I know just ignore GCAT...

If you remember, the planets that had the kids on them were actually rather small, no big events. Sure they caused a small crater and killed like, one person each, but nothing that had an impact on the world as a whole.
I really like the idea that our eggs simply arrived via meteor but nothing else big happened.

That said, I guess I should type a quick thing about Cyano:
Cyano:
Cyano is a male, shiny Gengar. His parents are a male Gengar and a female Gardevoir, he has a Kyrlia as a sister. While it seems obvious to anyone who understands Pokemon breeding, Cyano has no idea that his parents only found him. Since Pokemons come basically fully developed out of the egg (except for baby Pokemons) he even remembers the day he was born/hatched. His parents quickly noticed his odd blue glow. During his early childhood he was a rather happy kid, his family was nice and he was often told that he was something special and that he'd become someone important some day. However, as he grew older, he realized that when people said that he was special they also expected that he'd act that way. He quickly became stressed from the high expectations. He trained a lot to prove that he was special, which explains why he's already fully evolved. He also always tryes to act mature and grown up, even though he's actually still very childish at heart, though since he is afraid to dissapoint the people who expect him to be special he hides that. As a result he sometimes gets rather bitter, especially towards people who are carefree or childish themself, since he envyes them. He is sometimes a bit sadistic and he enjoys to play pranks on people, even though those pranks sometimes go to far. However, since he considers this behaviour to be childish, he often suppresses his urge to play pranks. Because of his surpressed emotions he is a bit prone to moodswings and his emotions, if he dares to show them, are often extreme. So for example, if he is happy, he either hides it and just becomes a bit nicer or he's fully euphoric or if he's angry he either hides it and becomes passive agressive or he is completly furious. He spends a lot of time on the internet.
He lives on a graveyard, which is also where his parents are working. He often helps them out.

I probably made a bunch of errors and typos but I don't have the time to check them all out. I tried to keep it as short as I could while still keeping the important informations. If anyone has any questions about Cyanos background, feel free to ask.
avatar
OverlordJ
Expert

Posts : 2242
Join date : 2013-07-20
Age : 24
Location : Land of Cards and Games

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ballstuck: A Pokémon SBURB RP

Post by Xaber on Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:01 am

Decided to do something similar to OJ's little bio thing.

Elegial:
Elegial is a female Meditite. Her meteor landed on an isolated mountain in the north of the land, where she was taken in by an Abomasnow. The Abomasnow raised Elegial for the first eight years of her life. Once her adoptive mother died, Elegial returned to the mountain where she had landed, and found within the crater of her meteor numerous important items, including a Damage Calculator that seems to display how Pokemon attacks will result, and tomes telling of the mystical numbers governing Pokemon like Effort Values. Elegial took these artifacts to heart, and believes that correct application of knowledge can solve any problem. The meteor also contained a computer that allows her to access the Internet.
Elegial treats life as a problem to be solved, which limits her relationships as she finds emotions difficult and illogical. She often lacks tact, which alienates some people she meets. She prefers talking about her own interests and finds it hard listening to other people and relating to their situation.
Elegial lives alone, occasionally training against the Sneasels and Machops that live in the mountains.

OJ: Have you fleshed out Cyano's family at all? Any ideas on who they are, what they do?
avatar
Xaber
Ranger

Posts : 205
Join date : 2013-07-23
Age : 19
Location : Australia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ballstuck: A Pokémon SBURB RP

Post by sournote103 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:15 am

Dregadude wrote:I've got four things I'd like you guys to consider and discuss today since I probably won't be here for most of it.

First, quirks. Do we need to have them? I vote no. It's unnecessary and in the PMD games nobody spoke with a quirk except for a few gimmicky exceptions. (Like, hmmm, Quagmire. And it was, hmmm, rather obtusely used, hmmm.)

Second, captchalogues. Do we need to have them? I vote yes. It's fun to brainstorm new ways to render inventory useless and it's a good way to build character. In Homestuck, a character's captchalogue modus is often a defining characteristic.

Third, GCAT pesterchum handles. (As in, handle abbreviations that are permutations of G, C, A, and T. Every character in Homestuck except the cherubs has a chumhandle with these letters.) I vote yes. I think it's implied that ectobiological paradox clones have to have handles with GCAT, except for John who changed his later.

And fourth, meteors. If we are all paradox clones, a) who is going to do the ectobiology (aka who is the leader of our session), b) how does this fit into the history of our PMD world (meteors crashing into a planet is kind of a cataclysmic event) and c) if this is a failed session, as I heard discussion of, will that affect the ectobiological part of our session?

Just my thoughts:
1. Quirks are unnecessary. If your character is weird and would use one, I don't see any reason to stop you from using one, but overall I think most characters wouldn't need them.

2. Yes to fetch modi, but I don't think we should have to fastidiously keep track of them. Maybe RP the character having trouble with them, but I think it's a little silly to remember everything in your array of queuestacks and where it is within said array of queuestacks.

3. Yes. It bothers me immensely when people use chumhandles/trolltags/etc. that do not follow the GCAT naming scheme.

4. For ectobiology... As near as I can tell from canon information, the "leader" does it, independent of classpect. I think the best plan for deciding who does it is to look at all the characters' personalities and decide who would be the leader.
As for meteors, if you think about Homestuck, the ones that brought the kids really did very localized damage, so I am not sure that they would really be noted as historical events.
avatar
sournote103
Youngster

Posts : 49
Join date : 2013-07-24
Age : 22
Location : Yes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ballstuck: A Pokémon SBURB RP

Post by cerebralconfinement on Fri Jul 26, 2013 1:18 pm

I'm fine with unobtrusive quirks.

Sylladexes and fetch modii are alright, so long as we don't overly complicate them.

I'm a bit indifferent about the GCAT handle system. No matter what we choose on that, I'm sure I can still find a good handle.

And with ectobiology, I'm just kind of going to go with what everyone else said. So basically what I've done for all four options. mspa

Right, now that that's out of the way, I've got something I need to say.

So, last night and the night before, I ended up getting really stressed and losing sleep when I can't really afford to lose sleep. I don't know whether this is going to end up changing in the future, but if it doesn't, I don't think I can keep participating. I'm not going to go through that every night just for a roleplay.

In part, I feel like the problem comes from the fact that during those discussions, I felt like either I didn't matter, or that I was the problem. When I tried to say something, either it made things worse, or nobody really seemed to care what I said.

I'm not trying to blame anyone for this; if I were to blame someone, it would be me. I just want to make sure that if I do end up leaving the roleplay in a few days, that it's not a surprise, and that you know why.

...

I was going to say a few more things, but I can't muster the will. I don't even know if you're going to read this far.
avatar
cerebralconfinement
Youngster

Posts : 48
Join date : 2013-07-25
Age : 21
Location : Shintaro's massive SHAFT room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ballstuck: A Pokémon SBURB RP

Post by phantasmalDexterity on Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:26 pm

Of course we're going to read it. At least I do.
I have the same feeling about chats sometimes too so I understand why you would feel like that, but if you do want to do the rp, don't give up solely for that reason.
Not having a good night sleep is another matter of course. You shouldn't feel bad about prioritizing yourself.
...
I'm not really good with words, but what I mean is that I'm sure most of us will be sad if you drop out, but I think we understand your reasoning.

Also, I was going to do something cool, imo, but I sort of gave up, because omg, I can't do a good looking buizel for my life.
Sad
something:


Also, here's this Google Form, this might help to decide most of these questions.
avatar
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Posts : 642
Join date : 2013-07-21
Age : 24
Location : Not in a river.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ballstuck: A Pokémon SBURB RP

Post by Dregadude on Fri Jul 26, 2013 2:56 pm

BIO TIIIIIME (aka tl;dr time)

Wait, I still need a name for my Pignite. Uh... let's call him... Scoville! ALRIGHT LET'S DO THIS
THE HISTORY OF A VERY SPECIAL PIGNITE WHO WE WILL CALL SCOVILLE:
So I guess as a Tepig egg he crashed into the ground on a quiet acre of farmland where he was found, unfortunately, by a Breloom who owned the land. He took the egg back and raised it until it hatched. (Well, if truth be told, he was convinced by his wife, Leavanny, to raise it. He didn't want to take care of it at first, seeing as it had dropped out of the sky and everything, but since they couldn't have a child of their own he agreed to at least wait until it hatched. So he did.) I said before it was unfortunate that Scoville was found by a Grass-type family. This is of course because as we all know Grass-types aren't very fond of Fire-types. But to their credit, Leavanny and Breloom tried their hardest to raise their Tepig like a normal Pokemon, even if some things in Tepig's childhood were markedly different from a Fire-type upbringing. After he was born, they gave him the name Scoville, which definitely isn't D_What's clever pun nope not at all. They tried to convince Scoville that he wasn't different, and that they loved him, and although Scoville felt their love, the fact that they couldn't touch him without burning themselves didn't help. (That was because he'd never used his fire powers before, so they were slowly building up inside of him.) It was a strange relationship, where Scoville was both loved and feared by his adopted parents, but one that clearly couldn't last. As Grass-types, Leavanny and Breloom enjoyed eating food straight from the earth. Uncooked vegetables were their favorite. But young Scoville couldn't stand them. Oh, he tried and he tried to enjoy them like his parents, but he couldn't change who he was. So at dinner one day he took his vegetables outside to cook them himself. However, since he'd never made fire before, all the energy he had accumulated exploded out in all directions. His parents' house burned to the ground, killing his mother and almost taking his father too. Scoville realized then what a dangerous burden it was to be a Fire-type, so when he heard Breloom grieving over Leavanny's burnt body, he ran away and was never seen again by his father.

On and on he fled, through deserts and mountains, growing stronger, until eventually he reached a mid-sized town. By this time, he had evolved into a Pignite, and was ready to try to fit in again. In this town there were all sorts and kinds of Pokemon he'd never seen before in his sheltered upbringing. It was all very new and exciting for him, and his outlook on life became far more positive than it had been during his travels. He quickly found a job as an apprentice blacksmith with an old and battered Torkoal as his master. He learned swiftly both about controlling his fire and about shaping metal, which was good because by the time he had mastered the art of smithing the Torkoal passed away. It was the second death in Pignite's life, but this time he took it as a challenge rather than a defeat. He started his own forge, with a Tyrogue as a forgehand, and he eventually earned enough to buy a simple computer. At the start of our story, Scoville is working on an intricate diadem for a rich Grumpig, and it's his biggest job yet.

Wow, I didn't expect that to be nearly as long.

For CC/Fork:
Like phanDex said, don't ever think that you're being ignored or that you're not important. I listen to everything you say in the chat, even if I'm too busy to respond to it, and I'm sure everyone else does too. It's easy to feel like the odd man out, but please, don't leave over that.

The sleeping problem is more serious though. I'd say just learn when to leave the chat and get a good night's sleep, but that's your own problem to deal with and there's little I can advise.
avatar
Dregadude
Gentleman

Posts : 854
Join date : 2013-07-20
Age : 21
Location : Hiding with the Scarlet Pimpernel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ballstuck: A Pokémon SBURB RP

Post by tailoredGoose on Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:27 pm

BANYU'S BIO TIME

WOAH LOOK IT'S BATMAN:
Banyu was very little when her parents were killed by a rogue group on their way back home, as they had not complied to
the demand of their money. After that, Banyu decided she would everything in her power to become strong and defeat the
Pokemon who killed her parents. Thus she trains everyday, and her scallops are only the sharpest. Unlike how people see
her over Pesterchum, Banyu is an emotional wreck because she was never shown how to act in public, or what is wrong and
what is right. But she WANTS to make friends, and she wants to appear nice and friendly, so online she is appears happy
go lucky and silly... unlike how she actually is.
avatar
tailoredGoose
Cooltrainer

Posts : 109
Join date : 2013-07-20
Age : 17
Location : Tumblr

View user profile http://Malevolentespurr.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Ballstuck: A Pokémon SBURB RP

Post by NinteNerd on Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:52 pm

CC, you are is most certainly not the problem, not in the slightest. you stepped up and took the classpect that nobody wanted, giving us a full group, and you've been pretty agreeable the entire time. everyone gets ignored to some degree in arguments, though i'm pretty sure mostly everyone read your inputs.  if it really bothers you, just...keep your points to the forum posts. we seem to be a lot less hot-headed when we're not in chat.
also, everything pD said

hey, a thing that was  brought up is moves. as in, can we know more than four at once?
i vote kind of. i think we should be able to learn many moves, but only be extremely skilled with four.
for instance, mine will [eventually] likely be acrobatics, agility, u-turn, leaf blade. i could still use heat wave, swords dance, iron tail, mirror move, etc, but i wouldn't be very good at them. like, if i tried heat wave, it would just be a tiny stream of fire that doesn't do much damage. we'd have to put our moves in and out of practice, maybe being able to master a fifth or sixth much later on.
i also think we should start with crap moves and roughly follow level-up learnsets. egg, TM, and tutor moves can be learned through backstory or situations in the rp.

show highly self-indulgent artbio:

Pendulum was found and raised solely by a caring fearow. He was pretty nonrestrictive, only warning her against danger and leaving her to decide for herself if she wanted to heed said warnings. Growing up, she was quite a rascal, often hanging around groups of...less reputable Pokemon like Gligar, Staraptror, and Skarmory. In spite of this, she was loyal to her "dad" and any others that earned her respect, namely an old Victreebel, from who she learned Leaf Blade.
Pendulum has since left her original home, and busies herself as an amateur cartographer, making simple maps for new areas so more powerful pokemon have a little something to go by when they do more in-depth exploring there.
Because of this, Pen has learned both about and from many kinds of environments and Pokemon, and she also knows how to avoid trouble fairly well.  On the other hand, this has also led her to expect change. She hates staying in the same area for a long time, and Pen doesn't really have a fixed home. She instead  travels from town to town, looking for where her services may be needed.
Though generally good-natured, Pen tends to be a little haughty, and she'll get miffed if nobody wants to buy her maps, though she doesn't make this apparent. Since she leads a pretty active life, it greatly irritates her to see others slacking off. She will make this apparent. She tends to be short and blunt, and occasionally has trouble following simple orders.
Pen also holds some amount of disdain for fighting types.
For convenience of flight, she has hollowed out her reed and turned it into a brush or sorts, and keeps the maps curled around the outside of it.
She also painted stripes on her wings because why not.
Lum may or may not have a thing for Braviary.

current moves mastered:Leaf Blade, Leer, Steel Wing, Poison Jab
ChumHandle?: gustCartographer

Spoiler:

why the heck does farfetch'd have poison jab as a starting move?

anyway,i might do pictures like this for everyone, but without the GT clothing. i'm not doing them anytime soon, though.
avatar
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Posts : 550
Join date : 2013-07-20
Age : 22
Location : when will steven universe return from the war

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ballstuck: A Pokémon SBURB RP

Post by Tirgo on Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:21 pm

Devyn:
Devyn the Bisharp lives with his father, Falcon, in the higher part of Mt. Iron, where a small community of Pawniard and Bisharp reside. Devyn spends most of his time either training his ability to pierce stones with his arm-blades or talking on the internet using a PokeSet (basically a computer compacted into a headset). Devyn tries to be a nice guy and is always willing to help out anyone in need. Unfortunately, he is a kleptomaniac and has a constant compulsion to steal.

He knows moves such as Metal Claw, Night Slash, Swords Dance, Slash, Iron Defense, Brick Break and Thief.

Chat handle would be thoughtfulClip
avatar
Tirgo
Youngster

Posts : 29
Join date : 2013-07-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ballstuck: A Pokémon SBURB RP

Post by OverlordJ on Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:40 pm

Okay, first, it seems everyone basically agrees about how we handle the four questions.

Also, the describtions everyone posted were quite good, very interesting to read

Xaber wrote:OJ: Have you fleshed out Cyano's family at all? Any ideas on who they are, what they do?

Only a little to be honest, since I don't plan for them to enter the game with Cyano.
Cyano stuff:
The father works as a groundskeeper in a very large cementary. I decided that, while not in the PMD universes but in the main games none the less, since the graveyards are usually centralized and rather large, I'd go with something similar for this. Basically the Graveyard is very large and has elements of a park. Cyano and his family live in a house on the graveyard, a bit away from other people.

Anyways, as I said, the fathers is the groundskeeper. He also works as the head of the household, keeping the finances in check and the likes. He is rather serious and while a good father, doesn't really know how to show his deep care for his family properly, as such he often seems a bit cold.
The mother is much more lighthearted then the father. She does much of the housework, like cooking the meals but also has a little shop near the house where she sells flowers and decoration for graves.
The sister is about the same age as Cyano, however, she is much less mature, since she didn't grow up under the stress of expectation. She comes after her mother and is rather carefree and happy, however, like gengar, she enjoys playing pranks, though hers are much more harmless then Cyanos. When they were younger, she and Cyano were VERY close, however, as they grew up they grew a bit more distant from eachother. They both still care for eachother though, there is no bad blood between them. However, a few years a go, while he was still a Haunter, Cyano had a little crush on his sister, wish he never told anyone about and is secretly a bit ashamed about.

To be clear, both Cyano and his sister help their parents with work on the graveyard, though it seems clear that his sister prefers to work in their mothers shop while Cyano often goes to help their dad.

This is the point where I realize that I should have put this in spoiler tags right away, it's getting a bit long for something I have only developed "a little"...

Oh and a few things I didn't say yet:

More Cyano stuff:
Cyano's handle is either going to be GG or GT, depending on which handle other people want. GG is grinningGhost and GT is grinningTerror. I am also considering ghastly instead of grinning, I'm not 100% sure yet. His colour will be #330033

I don't remember if I made it clear but he'll use the Gravekind strifespecibus

His Fetch modus is the JINGLE MODUS, everytime he puts something inside it, it makes a jingle. To release an item, Cyano has to replay the Jingle on his Poké Flute

His "quirk", besides some possible odd word choices, will be his odd laughter and his choice of emoticons.
Shashasha instead of Hahaha
Kekeke instead of Hehehe
Kikiki instead of Hihihi
>Very Happy instead of Smile
>;D instead of Wink
>;P instead of ;P
D:< instead of >Sad
D:> instead of Sad

cerebralconfinement wrote:Right, now that that's out of the way, I've got something I need to say.

I just want to say, while I probably wasn't in the chat all the time, when I WAS in the chat, I alwasy made the best effort to read EVERYTHING ANYONE said.

Also, I'd be sad to see you go but if it causes you real life issues I understand of course
avatar
OverlordJ
Expert

Posts : 2242
Join date : 2013-07-20
Age : 24
Location : Land of Cards and Games

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ballstuck: A Pokémon SBURB RP

Post by Tirgo on Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:53 am

devyn's quirk is proper grammar
avatar
Tirgo
Youngster

Posts : 29
Join date : 2013-07-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ballstuck: A Pokémon SBURB RP

Post by Tirgo on Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:01 am

also how do you rp
avatar
Tirgo
Youngster

Posts : 29
Join date : 2013-07-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ballstuck: A Pokémon SBURB RP

Post by Spark Eletran on Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:32 am

Since apparently this is a thing

Glitch the Chespin:

Possible Handles: (suggestions are welcome mspa ) chestnutCastor, chestnutGuard, chestnutTemplar, chestnutCavalier,  chestnutGladiator (CG)

First of all, it would be better to talk about his older brother: Ashura. A Chespin, like Glitch, he was found by a lonely Sceptile while he adventured through the lands. The Sceptile happily took care of Ashura, taking him back to where he lived. A few years later, when the Sceptile was with Ashura in an expedition once again, the Chespin accidentally wandered off, but ended up finding something: An egg, that hatched into yet again a Chespin, this time being named Glitch.

It didn't take long, however, until the Sceptile passed away. Thus, Ashura ended up having to take care of Glitch, using whatever limited knowledge he had at the time and becoming much more serious and quiet as time passed, though still very caring for the younger brother.

Glitch himself, though, is extremely cheerful and optimistic. Also relatively talkative, the little Chespin is friends with mostly everyone he meets. He's always sure of himself, knowing what to do no matter what. A fan of roleplaying, he has a small quirk of using actions between asterisks from time to time in chat. He also doesn't swear very often and loves knights, admiring his "father"'s species, Sceptiles, for their powerful Leaf Blade due to its similarities with actual blades.

Thus, as his strife specibus, he utilizes Bladekinds, starting off with improvised swords because of his lack of an ACTUAL one. As for his fetch modus, he has the Bug Modus: Not the literal sort of "bugs", the one that is used as a type, instead his works in that every time he captchalogues something its graphics become glitched and broken, making it harder to identify. In compensation, any of the objects captchalogued can be used at any time: The only problem is knowing with ones he should actually use.

As for the move thing.... Well, I guess that could more or less work, Ninte. And for me, since... Well, Chespin is 6th gen, I could use the moves that have it was already seen using AND a few other moves that it seems likely to learn (Such as Leaf Blade and maybe Pin Missile, for example)
avatar
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Posts : 1257
Join date : 2013-07-20
Age : 18
Location : right over here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ballstuck: A Pokémon SBURB RP

Post by cerebralconfinement on Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:03 am

Well, I finally decided on the name Kachi, and the handle antiquatedTyranny.

Still haven't yet figured out a backstory though. Hopefully I come up with one soon.
avatar
cerebralconfinement
Youngster

Posts : 48
Join date : 2013-07-25
Age : 21
Location : Shintaro's massive SHAFT room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ballstuck: A Pokémon SBURB RP

Post by Dregadude on Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:15 am

Finishing touches on Scoville's character:
Scoville's chumhandle will be abscondingGauntlet, aG since I like Vriska. Color is #b83818 because that's what I decided long ago to use in the chat on a whim.

I don't know if he'll have a strife specibus but if he does it'll be something like firekind, where he literally uses fire as different weapons. Falcon punching will probably be his signature move. (also I'm not going to concern myself with his regular moves)

No quirks for me yes sirree.

Fetch modus is SHARPSHOOTER MODUS, where he has to shoot the card with fire in order for it to drop its item.
avatar
Dregadude
Gentleman

Posts : 854
Join date : 2013-07-20
Age : 21
Location : Hiding with the Scarlet Pimpernel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ballstuck: A Pokémon SBURB RP

Post by sournote103 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 10:55 am

I'm still working on name, chumhandle, and backstory.
avatar
sournote103
Youngster

Posts : 49
Join date : 2013-07-24
Age : 22
Location : Yes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ballstuck: A Pokémon SBURB RP

Post by tinning3 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 11:57 am

Don't forget possible prototyping items, or will they be made up as you go along?
avatar
tinning3
Gentleman

Posts : 588
Join date : 2013-07-21
Age : 25
Location : Slowpokes' Cave

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ballstuck: A Pokémon SBURB RP

Post by d_what on Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:55 pm

Yaaaaay Scoville he's already my favourite character no defense other guys. Just wondering, but will your prototyping be polemon-themed? I mean it makes sense if your session's moons are oddishy-bidoof abominations in a Pokemon session and that the final boss is a horrific OU/dragony monstrosity. Alternatively, prototype with held items and you get super fast/self burning/balloon-floating enemies.

Okay to be honest I'm here because I'm internet lonely and this thread gets all the traffic Sad

_________________
my favourite Pokémon's are Venasaur, Zoura, and Scoliopede, and Salemence, and Gradevoir
avatar
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Posts : 2485
Join date : 2013-07-20
Age : 24
Location : Ireland

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ballstuck: A Pokémon SBURB RP

Post by Sandstriker on Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:00 pm

d_what wrote:
Okay to be honest I'm here because I'm internet lonely and this thread gets all the traffic Sad
The chatbox gets traffic. :notsureifmspa:
It's going to be awhile before I get anything for Tobias...
avatar
Sandstriker
Ranger

Posts : 232
Join date : 2013-07-21
Age : 19
Location : Somewhere

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ballstuck: A Pokémon SBURB RP

Post by Dregadude on Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:02 pm

d_what wrote:Okay to be honest I'm here because I'm internet lonely and this thread gets all the traffic Sad

Aw poor D_What all alone :<

I say we just leave prototyping for later, and make sure there are lots of random items and stuff around the place where we enter.

Edit: and yes scoville is best character hands down
avatar
Dregadude
Gentleman

Posts : 854
Join date : 2013-07-20
Age : 21
Location : Hiding with the Scarlet Pimpernel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ballstuck: A Pokémon SBURB RP

Post by cerebralconfinement on Sat Jul 27, 2013 1:46 pm

You're only saying that because Kachi doesn't have a backstory. mspa
avatar
cerebralconfinement
Youngster

Posts : 48
Join date : 2013-07-25
Age : 21
Location : Shintaro's massive SHAFT room

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Ballstuck: A Pokémon SBURB RP

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 22 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 13 ... 22  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum