Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pokemon general chat: Pokemon for breakfast?

+22
Hanky Panky
Xaber
kotakun
Rozewolf
tinning3
phantasmalDexterity
Tirgo
PunchesMalone
Sandstriker
Druplesnubb
NinteNerd
d_what
Hytheter
OverlordJ
ilikeoctopus
muffinz
cephalopodAscendant
Spark Eletran
DicksMcgee
Dregadude
tailoredGoose
Gelatino
26 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Pokemon general chat: Pokemon for breakfast? Empty Pokemon general chat: Welcome to our secret bunker

Post by Gelatino Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:54 pm

Hey.  This is the new general chat thread, where you can talk about pretty much anything.

So, get to it.

Last edited by Gelatino on Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Pokemon general chat: Pokemon for breakfast? Empty Re: Pokemon general chat: Pokemon for breakfast?

Post by tailoredGoose Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:03 pm

THANK GOD. Now we have our own safe haven :3
tailoredGoose
tailoredGoose
Cooltrainer

http://Malevolentespurr.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Pokemon general chat: Pokemon for breakfast? Empty Re: Pokemon general chat: Pokemon for breakfast?

Post by Dregadude Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:05 pm

I like Pokemoooon

They're comfy and easy to weeeear

Spoiler:
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by DicksMcgee Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:07 pm

So, I need to get a new avatar for this forum, since I have my derp one on Mspas. Any ideas? I'm thinking something Legend of Zelda related for the irony.
DicksMcgee
DicksMcgee
Cooltrainer

Back to top Go down

Post by tailoredGoose Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:16 pm

I think we should get a fan-adventures section :3 I'll move you are in a lab to here for it Very Happy
tailoredGoose
tailoredGoose
Cooltrainer

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:17 pm

Miscombob wrote:I think we should get a fan-adventures section :3 I'll move you are in a lab to here for it Very Happy

Yeah do that! Since we're really the only people who would comment on it.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:18 pm

Oooh that would be cool

and yes i approve of a mspa emoticon

also TESTING MY SIGNATURE I GUESS
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:21 pm

So was anyone else as surprised about the thread-locking as I was? Because it seems like it came out of nowhere.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by tailoredGoose Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:21 pm

Yeah, no warning... Don't blame yourself though
tailoredGoose
tailoredGoose
Cooltrainer

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:22 pm

Wow okay. Um. Hi???
Yes we do need a maps emoticon. I can't just keep posting it as an image every time.

EDIT BEVAUSE NINJA'D:

Yeah, the locking was totally random. I mean, I thought MSPAforums was one of of the more relaxed forums I go to, where infractions are uncommon unless you do something actually bad, and where you'll be gently told to stop if you do something wrong like go off-topic. Then all of a sudden some people who make about a single off-topic post each get infracted with no warning, and the thread they were in, a popular thread that usually stays pretty on-topic, gets locked for no adequately-explained reaseon. This is just. Really dumb.

(copy-pasted from chat thing??? oh no)
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:31 pm

Muffinz I don't know when you made that avatar but gog damn if it doesn't look fine.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:35 pm

My goodness when and how did this happen. Hello again, all.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:36 pm

I made it for christmas like one or two christmases ago.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:36 pm

Okay, I'm ready now and I can tell you a bit about the inraction, because I PMed Solaris about it.

Basically we were to offtopic and we posted to much.

If you want a bit more details, I'll see if I still have the PMs
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by tailoredGoose Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:37 pm

I'd like to see those PMs if you got 'em
tailoredGoose
tailoredGoose
Cooltrainer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:37 pm

I mean, I figured it was because we got pretty off-topic. I was just surprised that we didn't get any warning whatsoever.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:37 pm

Oh, and can someone post the link to the msparp here? That would make life much easier.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Hytheter Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:40 pm

Dammit guys you spammed the thread so hard we had to be exiled
:mspa:
edit: oh fuck we don't have the mspa face smiley
true tragedy, revealed
Hytheter
Hytheter
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:41 pm

Okay, the original PM I send is mostly missing but this should be about it:

EDIT: Let's see if I can fix those quotes...

OverlordJ wrote:
Solaris wrote:
OverlordJ wrote:
Solaris wrote:
OverlordJ wrote:
What exactly is meant with "community pokefuns"
group playthroughs, tournaments, other things in which people all contribute to a common thing via pogeymans
OverlordJ wrote:Also, if it isn't to much of a bother, may I also ask why talking about Pokemon is not allowed on this forum anymore?
general chat threads even about a single topic lead to a massively offtopic thread where i either have to read every post and judge the topic or offtopicness and infract which, when it moves faster than the comdisc thread, is difficult, or i just let a bunch of people post whatever they want whenever they want leading to me looking at the thread on a whim and seeing someone post something that has literally nothing to do with pokemon

or i can do what i did which i did do

In that case I'd have follow up questions:

How are we supposed to organize group playthroughts and tournaments without the thread? Because people were working on a tournament as far as I know and a few people were also posting about their playthroughs.
Also, when did that much offtopicness happen? One person asked about their adventure but that's it. Or did the Avatar thing count?
Most of the time were were speculating about X and Y and/or fighting and trading with eachother...

I understand that you are the mod and I will accept your decision and I really hope I am not bothering you to much but I have a hard time understanding this...

Again, sorry if I am bothering you
someone can make a thread specifically for the purpose of running a tournament or other example here

that is the issue you may have not seen it as out of topic due to the specific context and atmosphere but i (and others) did, but either it was too long after it already happened or it was murky

I see, thank you very much for your time
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:44 pm

OJ that quote mess is broken and i'm not sure why, i'll see what I can do about it

edit: wait, it's not broken. my bad.

Here's the link to msparp: http://msparp.com/chat/PokemonBoardChat
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:48 pm

Gelatino wrote:OJ that quote mess is broken and i'm not sure why, i'll see what I can do about it

edit: wait, it's not broken.  my bad.

It was broken at first, not sure why though, I tryed to fix it via editing and somehow that worked
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:48 pm

I want to know who those others are >:/ Sheesh, we've had plenty of off topic things in the past. My introductions stint for a start. That be as totally off but it opened us up as a group (and brought t3 out of lurkdom!). That was a whole thread ago! They only had to TELL us they thought it was off topic. We'd have obliged, right? We're nice people! Because Solaris admitted it wouldn't have been obvious to us based on context (despite 100% of the context being driven by Pokemon).

That's being forced into a game where you're not allowed to know the rules, otherwise known as 'going to lose.' Not very fair, guys.

Also the whole October thing and only X and Y is so SO naive. Half of us won't even have X and Y.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Post by tailoredGoose Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:50 pm

^
tailoredGoose
tailoredGoose
Cooltrainer

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:51 pm

I'm just kind of disappointed in the suddenness of the lock. I never got the impression that we went off topic at all... We did have our overenthusiastic moments but those were all in good humor and we never really strayed too far. Now I feel kind of orphaned from the forum since most of my posts were in the Pokemon thread.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:52 pm

^Exactly!!! I agree with all three of the above posts 100%. It was really dumb and I'm still kind of annoyed by it.
muffinz
muffinz
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next