The In-Game PokéProject Thread!

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The In-Game PokéProject Thread!

Post by tinning3 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:55 pm

It went pretty well, thanks to the reference site I was using, I managed to find areas where at least the majority of the mons present gave +2 in 1 stat, so I was able to grind in a single area for each with minimal running. I also already had a Pokérus contagious mon and power items for 2 of the stats I trained, so I wasn't fighting like 200 guys. I also put down every EV point earned into my notepad.exe Pokéfile. I was so totally organised it was unreal, man. Must have taken ages doing it in 1's and 2's though :O
tinning3
Gentleman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:51 am

Yep. This was back in early DP. And I didn't realise battling wild Pokemon was faster so I'd run up and down charging the VS seeker looking for 6 specific trainers. Incidentally the simplest EV training hotspots are:

HP. Victini: 3 or 14 maximum, or Stunfisk in Icirrus for 2 or 12 Max.
Atk: Patrat and Lillipup, 1 (10) on route 1, easy.
Def: the worst one. Venipede and Sewaddle in the forest for 1 each (10) with only a 50% chance of showing up. There's also 50% Roggenrola with 1 (10) on that cave by route 3 but they all have sturdy so it takes longer.
Sp.Atk: Litwick on the second floor of that tower thingy by Mistralton. 1. (10)
Sp.Def: Frillish, 1 (10) in Driftveil.
Speed: Basculin, 2 (12) everywhere, but I prefer the pond by the daycare.

Democratically elected ruler of everything

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 7:13 am

Yeah I'd have thought owned pokemon would have given more EV, too Razz

I found that for attack, right outside dragonspiral tower is pretty good. You can fight Druddigons and Tranquils which give 2 each. Of course, there is the chance of fighting a deerling and a mienfoo which you need to run from, but in the winter time you can run up the snow slope that appears and fight Sawsbucks instead of deerlings, which makes 3/4 mons give +2 attack insteat of running from half. I found tranquils more common than the rest, anyway. If you want to JUST fight mons with attack EV, then route 1 is probably best, though.

But I'll keep account of the rest! Which except from HP and Speed, seems like it will be a hassle.
tinning3
Gentleman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what on Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:00 pm

Not really: Even the weakest ones end up giving 10. A nice, round, countable number. So assuming you want a max stat, and have given it 10 vitamins, then at most you're looking at 15 single battles with weak mons (though switching in to litwicks is a pain because of repeated Will-O-Wisps and Night Shades, I take a Starmie for Surf/Natural Cure/The occasional Recover to speed up the process. And then one more battle without any item to make a tidy 152 EVs. Easy! Whereas the 2s are fewer battles... but only slightly and with more difficult counting :0 And when I'm battling Victini, if I want a specific number and can't overshoot, while I get there very quickly sometimes I have to leave and find a Stunfisk to make up the difference. Which is rare, but it's a pain.

Isn't it easier than you thought it was though? And the difference is often incredible.

mspa
:maybemspa??:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 on Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:38 pm

I didn't think about how 10's would be an easier number to count, so yeah there's that. If you're not bothered about the 2 less points each time, it's definately easier. Not to mention less chance of being interrupted for Attack. Unfortunately I don't have a victini in my game, I only had a DS lite and couldn't get connected to the internet in time, even though I bought it when it first came out. Was gutted.
tinning3
Gentleman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ on Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:35 pm

You people and your power items and Pokerus...
OverlordJ
Expert

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity on Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:12 pm

And now you can have it too! Just call 116-POKERUS and ORDER RIGHT NOW. But WAIT! If you call NOW, we DOUBLE the offer. That's right. You get TWO packs of power items and Pokerus for only 9.60! That's DOUBLE the FUN!
This offer won't last long, so call now!

Spoiler:
why did I wrote this...

Last edited by phantasmalDexterity on Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ on Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:15 pm

Actually, I'll be with my parent for a couple days soon
Which means I might have Wi-Fi
Which means I can do Dreamworld
And Trades
And Battles
Maybe
Hopefully
Keep your fingers crossed
OverlordJ
Expert

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity on Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:18 pm

Okay. Fingers crossed.
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what on Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:15 pm

Yaaaaay but deprioritise the Dream World. Getting trades done is the most important to get the Pokemon you need and also any DW mns you want. You only have a narrow window so plan a team in advance plz! You are... Sort of in the right thread for that!

Alternatively you can tell me a Pokémon you like and a set you like, and I can brainstorm a team for you to get you started :0

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ on Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:36 pm

d_what wrote:Yaaaaay but deprioritise the Dream World. Getting trades done is the most important to get the Pokemon you need and also any DW mns you want. You only have a narrow window so plan a team in advance plz! You are... Sort of in the right thread for that!

Alternatively you can tell me a Pokémon you like and a set you like, and I can brainstorm a team for you to get you started :0

Oh my, good point. I should also catch some mons, so that I can trade.

Hmm, I'll have to think about the Pokemon and the sets...
OverlordJ
Expert

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what on Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:28 pm

Even if you only have one, a good team tends to chain quite a bit. I started mine with a core - Politoed/Dragonite. I needed something to take down Ferrothorn and Special walls, that was good in rain, so Eelektross. I had two immunities to Ground and no physical attacker or setup sweeper so Toxicroak was a nice choice. Didn't have a dedicated special wall and I was worried about being overpowered by other Rain teams; Vaporeon. Two grass weaknesses made Toxicroak even better, Dragonite and Eelektross also love wish. Dragonite NEEDS Rapid Spin and I wanted hazards to handle the Genies and rain Volcarona, Forretress and Donovan both had Benefits but in the end access to earthquake and electricity immunity (big worry) won in the end. And there's loads of links between team members - Politoed/Toxicroak/Donphan is a particularly powerful 3 'Mon core. But this is COMPLETELY based on the sets too. If I changed even one set - for example, Bulk Up Toxicroak, Physical/Sweeper Dragonite, or Specs Politoed - the entire team would have to change. Hugely actually.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus on Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:54 pm

I just want to say that I love my cousin. He visited and let me have a bunch of his duplicate Hoenn legendaries so now I am doing much better in terms of Pokedex!
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what on Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:08 pm

Good for you!

So guys, how goes the Secret Santa planning? Still no rush though, haven't heard anything from cloudNinja, Captain or Hanky yet Sad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus on Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:17 pm

Got the egg move I need down, now I'm just breeding for natures. I'll be back home in a week so I will have working wi-fi by then to trade!
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ on Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:50 pm

OverlordJ wrote:Actually, I'll be with my parent for a couple days soon
Which means I might have Wi-Fi
Which means I can do Dreamworld
And Trades
And Battles
Maybe
Hopefully
Keep your fingers crossed

Nope, something about safety issues or something? Apparently the DS doesn't like our Wi-Fi or maybe I'm just being stupid Crying or Very sad 
OverlordJ
Expert

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant on Sat Jul 27, 2013 3:21 pm

I'm just about ready with my Secret Santa gift. I just want to figure out what item to give it before I send it over. OJ, what do you mean by "safety issues"? We'll probably be able to help you troubleshoot better if we know as much as possible about what's happening on your end. Off the top of my head, your DS model (standard, Lite, DSi, etc.) and your wi-fi encryption type (WEP or WPA) would be the most helpful.
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ on Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:31 pm

cephalopodAscendant wrote:I'm just about ready with my Secret Santa gift. I just want to figure out what item to give it before I send it over. OJ, what do you mean by "safety issues"? We'll probably be able to help you troubleshoot better if we know as much as possible about what's happening on your end. Off the top of my head, your DS model (standard, Lite, DSi, etc.) and your wi-fi encryption type (WEP or WPA) would be the most helpful.

It is a standart model and I don't know the Wi-Fi encribtion.

I can give you the exact error message but keep in mind that it's in german:
"Die Sicherheitseinstellungen des Access Points werden vom Nintendo DS nicht unterstützt.
Besuche support.nintendo.com, um weitere Hilfe zu erhalten"

So basically the safety options of the access point don't work with the DS and I'm supposed to go to support.nintendo.com for help. Or something like that.
OverlordJ
Expert

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:33 pm

Oh right, that means encryption. Safety must refer to security. Yeah, standard DS models dont' support WPA 'cause reasons I guess Neutral
tinning3
Gentleman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ on Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:39 pm

tinning3 wrote:Oh right, that means encryption. Safety must refer to security. Yeah, standard DS models dont' support WPA 'cause reasons I guess Neutral

Ah, yeah, sorry, Sicherheit means both security and safety in german. And I don't think I can change the encryption, even if it were to be possible, my parents probably wouldn't let me.
OverlordJ
Expert

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 4:52 pm

Even when I only lived with one other person I was reluctant to change our encryption, so I understand. WEP is stupidly vulnerable, just google "WEP connection" and there are dozens of results on how to hack it (but don't actually 'cause NSA (Actually does NSA monitering even affect us in Europe?? (Just in case it does, let me make it clear NSA guy: I'm not encouraging hacking, I'm merely making the point that simply gooling that phrase let's one know how vulnerable WEP, an outdated encryption, is.)))

EDIT: I feel like I mention WEP and WPA a bit too much. I should probably take a break from that.
tinning3
Gentleman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what on Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:16 pm

I'm calling my next favourite pokemon Snowden

DEAL W/ IT NSA, I AM SNOWDEN SUPPORT
(...team Edward at last???)
(...it's a shame Abomasnow is decidedly meh.)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky on Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:36 pm

if anyone wants to trade me a DW Gligar, I'd be happy. I can trade whatever you want for it, other than DW pokemon. IV breeding not necessary. Though I would like it to be Impish!

Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what on Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:09 pm

I can trade you a decent temp one for breeding purposes, I think it might be impish??? Unless I already traded it to NN. I forgot if we did that or not. Tell me when anyway.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 on Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:12 pm

I had one but I can't find it, only a crappy regular Gligar. Must have traded it to my black for some reason. Oh well at least if I have I can get it eventually, when I find my DS lite, unless D_What does have one.
tinning3
Gentleman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top