Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The In-Game PokéProject Thread!

+10
ilikeoctopus
phantasmalDexterity
OverlordJ
Dregadude
Gelatino
NinteNerd
tinning3
Sandstriker
cephalopodAscendant
d_what
14 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

The In-Game PokéProject Thread! - Page 7 Empty Re: The In-Game PokéProject Thread!

Post by d_what Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:57 pm

Yawn. Beat Nita today with the aforementioned Hippowdon. It was... Uneventful. But 50 bp is 50 bp. (Got from 1 to 49 easily using Talonflame, Greninja and Ferrothorn; Greninja's the weakest link here easily. Starmie might be preferable. FWG cores f yeah.)

So now I'm just laying here thinking what the point of doing all of this was :/ I get bp to buy items I get items to have better Pokemon, I have better Pokémon to earn bp... Whoops.
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

The In-Game PokéProject Thread! - Page 7 Empty Re: The In-Game PokéProject Thread!

Post by ilikeoctopus Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:53 pm

Congrats, Dee (this is a great nickname we should use it forever)! I don't understand how you have the patience to go through all of those battles

But then you breed everything so I guess you have this infinite well of patience

Anyway

Bred a 6-IV [redacted]! ...But it was the wrong ability so insert coin and try again.

Dream team is coming along, but slowly.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by Dregadude Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:05 pm

ilikeoctopus wrote:...so insert coin and try again.

I feel like this is one of the best innuendos I've seen in a while.
Dregadude
Dregadude
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:29 am

I don't think I could call anything...of that nature... A coin. They're too small and common. Personally, I'd settle for Galleon.

Octi, if you're stuck, and DW abilities aren't involved, you can use the ability capsule. Mind you, breeding with a 6 IV parent makes everything really easy so it's probably faster to keep hatching instead of trying to get 200 bp.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:24 pm

Sadly, they do involve DW abilities... So the female 6 IV can't go into breeding, either.

Just keep going just keep going
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:09 pm

It is done.

Starting with 1 male Lucario with 4 perfect IVs, and 1 male Eevee with 4 perfect IVs as they were the only pokemon I had that I know had decent IVs, I was able to create enough science babies, 4 and a half boxes full, to transfer the stats through different genders, species, and most importantly, egg groups.

The product is only one pokémon, not even among the best according to smogon, but its creation was achieved through the sacrifice of a whole week and a whole bunch of babies lounging in boxes. I made many cringeworthy mistakes that set me back, but now that I've went through all that BS I think I'm better prepared in the future to work faster and more efficiently for 1 pokemon than 5 boxes.

(I actually got a nature spot on without even trying for that, so that was a nice help.)

Anyway, Going to EV train and then work on my next project, the Secret Santa mon.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:12 pm

Okay, so I'm going to try my hand at breeding for IV's for my Secret Santa gift. Anyone have any good suggestions? And no, I don't have anyone with a Ditto Friend Safari, but I do have some other alternatives that will work with [REDACTED].
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by NinteNerd Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:04 am

definitely start with safarimon. that plus power items.
also you should do some wonder trading and see if you can't nab some random 3-5IV hatchlings; they're pretty common handouts!
and also destiny knot.
NinteNerd
NinteNerd
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:38 am

Wait. But wonder trading is random and there's no guarantee you'll get anything in the right egg groups. Spending two half hours a day on the GTS is a great way to get useable (foreign) parents.

Hit me up if you need the best ways to breed good IVs without taking forever. If you do I'm going to need the root node's stat spreads in regards to 31s.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:50 pm

Okay, I'm starting out with a female Hidden Ability [REDACTED] I got off Wonder Trade a while back that has perfect Defense and Speed. Obviously I'm going to have my work cut out for me, although it's better than starting completely from scratch.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:20 pm

Hey d_what, I'm still waiting on that good method.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:09 pm

Goddamn why am I not noticing all these replies. This is the third time this week! Okay. Lets do this.

Except not yet. You need to supply other parents with the other (I'm assuming 3) stats. Gender ratio would also help. Pls list any breedable males that have at least two of the remaining stats, preferably 3 or more, failing that any males with the right nature and one perfect stat, Ditto is useful here. Or I guess females that have the other stats and nature, but that will take longer. Or, worst case scenario, a whole bunch of pokemon who only have 1 of the things you want at any given time. But yeah. You need to supply the pieces first. waiting for natures or stats to appear randomly is a fool's errand.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:03 pm

Well, I was going to go use the Friend Safari to grab a bunch of Pokémon in the right Egg Group. Gender ratio for both gift species and breeding fodder is 50/50. I figure I'll tackle the Nature and moveset once I've got the IV's down.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:07 pm

I found that while I was breeding for IVs the right nature usually came around, and when it did I could just stick an everstone on the Poke with said nature. Even if it's a step back in IVs, as long as it's not a jump back from like 4 IVs to 2, it worked pretty well.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:11 am

Errr. Try to work in nature if at all possible. If you're using the safari then Synchronisers are a good choice, but you're still better off with the GTS. But it's impossible to work with eggmoves unless they're the first thing you do, so you'd want to check for that.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:02 am

I was EV training what I believed was my final SS gift, but looking up decent builds online I realised I needed a certain egg move to make it as duedly as possíblé, so I needed the nature, IVs AND an egg move in my finished project.

That ended up taking around an hour, really wasn't as bad as I was worried it would be. I've definatly gotten the hang of this whole breeding thang. Just continuing on the dex completions now, only got some trade evos and certain stone evos to own now, as well as Z.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:21 am

Good for you! It's nice to think that in the process of making a gift you've up-skilled too. Plus it gets much, much easier with time - largely because it becomes second nature as well as being able to find better shortcuts with increased skills, but ALSO because better pokemon mean faster bp farming for useful items and because the more spitbacks (baby pokemon that are good but aren't quite what you wanted) you have in reserve, the better chance you have of having a great parent to start the breeding chain with. Of course, that's only really for male spitbacks. I've got a (statistically) perfect 6er Klefki and 5er Hippopotas and Axew in reserve, also a Riolu, all male, they're gonna be super helpful in the future. Especially Klefki.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by tinning3 Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:43 pm

For now I have 2 male 5 IV Mienfoo, one with all but attack and one with all but special attack in reserve, but since they count in both Field and Human-like egg groups, that means any pokemon in those groups are accounted for, and it shouldn't be too hard to transfer into other groups as needed. Yeah, doing it for the secret santa really has helped me learnt the ropes, the whole process is so much easier than it seems just reading about it. I even managed to explain to a friend how to do it in just a paragraph. Gen VI was really good for breeding.

The only problem I still have is for pokemon who have a 75% chance to be male. Takes longer to get a female to breed members of their species if I'm breeding IVs across species, but even a 0 IV female is better than none as long as the male is good.
tinning3
tinning3
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:10 pm

I screwed up. Damn.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:15 pm

HA! Tinning, my most recent one was a Magic Bounce (hidden ability) Espeon. Which meant the whole way through I needed a female with the ability - that's under 1 in 8. Then in a rather sadistic mood I decided to add Hidden Power to the mix, so I had to check Sp.Atk and Speed one-at-a-time using the Battle facility in Lumiose. 1-in-4 gender ratios seem like godsends in comparison :/

But hey three days later on/off I have a beauieteiful Espeon named Sage so that's not too bad considering!

PD: wrong ability/egg moves? Other?
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by phantasmalDexterity Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:11 pm

I forgot that my SS gift learns a particular move on lv49 unevolved and I evolved him too soon. And it's a pretty useful move too.
phantasmalDexterity
phantasmalDexterity
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:12 pm

OUCH that hurts >.< I'm really paranoid about those things nowadays, I triple check bulbapedia for move availabilities before so much as looking for parents to use, it just sucks so much when things go wrong Sad
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:16 pm

Yeah, I found out about an egg move that I thought was level-up after I had already started breeding.

That set me back a bit as well.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:23 pm

Everybody learns the hard way Sad *sighs*
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:08 pm

Im not even going for egg moves or natures or anything
I just need
A motherfucking shiny
D:
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next