Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀

+12
tinning3
d_what
Captain
Sandstriker
Spark Eletran
NinteNerd
muffinz
OverlordJ
Gelatino
cephalopodAscendant
invisibleTerrarium
Hanky Panky
16 posters

Page 30 of 37 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 33 ... 37  Next

Go down

If both were guaranteed to happen in sequence, which would you rather have released next?

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 30 I_vote_lcap0%Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 30 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 30 I_vote_lcap100%Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 30 I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 1

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 30 Empty Re: Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀

Post by d_what Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:44 pm

Hahahaha I don't even post that much on r/Pokémon, I don't know where you keep finding me! (It's r/parahumans, isn't it!)

My comments are great. Except where they aren't. And also except on r/pkmntcg because there's at least two people who downvote almost everything there.

E: yaaaay the 500 card sleeves I ordered to fill the gaping hole in my heart have arrived at the depot! Sleeves aren't as fulfilling as home ownership, but they *almost* are. Right? They are, right??
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 30 Empty Re: Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:56 pm

Gumball is a great show. I really need to get back into it. I can't even remember why I got distracted from it in the first place. Or where I stopped, come to think of it.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Hanky Panky Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:25 am

This kid is going to be Terminator 2 style, where he/she sets a global standard of quality.

Of course, mom and dad set global standards too. But the sum being greater than the parts, etc.
Hanky Panky
Hanky Panky
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:42 am

New Zelda is a blast, and I don't have nearly as much time to explore it as I'd like

That is all
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:15 pm

So I've heard, but I'm desperately trying to avoid spoilers because I haven't gotten around to ordering a copy yet.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:03 am

i've been like, "yeah theres no way im getting a switch, my parents will never buy me one because i'd have to share it with my brother, and then i'm going to school anyway so i'd have to leave it"
but then i realized
i have... money????? i could just.... go 2 the store and buy a switch for myself.
what a wild concept that is

sorry for contributing to the ongoing entropic heat-death of this place, by the way, quarachat is. a hell of a thing holy wow

also irrelevant but id like to retroactively apologize for everything i said on this site between the ages of 12 and 14
i just considered reading some of the old genchat logs for old times sake but the phrase "hold the fuck up, i'm an sjw" started echoing around my brain like the whispers of a long-deceased witch in some sort of spooky death cave in the mountains so i thought better of it
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:43 am

Don't worry about it, bruv! Your heart was in the right place, and fuckit, you were 12-14. It's an easy thing to buy into, but it's definitely something you can take and learn from. I've always appreciated the average SJW's passion for things, it's just... there was very often a total absence of objectivity, rationality, logic, etcetera, etcetera. Could be a serious dynamo for good change wrapped in all that stuff.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Kinda reminds me. There's a dude on tumblr liveblogging Worm now, and he's proving fairly popular on the worm subreddit even though it's really obvious he's never gonna finish it (pace is simply too slow with Worm's wordcount). But every now and then there he'll make observations that remind me of Ye Olde Days Of Yore (read: SJW stuff), and it's vaguely discomforting, since it's a reminder that some of the moralist things common in the broader SJW group are somewhat sticky. In that they stick with you, like old gum on a pair of jeans.

deets below, read if interested
Spoiler:
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:54 pm

First off, hi again, I just got onto spring break after one heck of an ugly week assignment/midterm-wise. Big partner project, partner didn't do anything, yadda yadda, you know the drill.

When you say chat... you mean discord? Are people using it now? I feel like I kinda dropped off the face of the planet and now I've got no idea what's happening; are people still using Skype :0

Re: Worm liveblogger: I've been on the subreddit quite a few times (creeping, of course) and haven't seen the liveblog, but that's probably more an artifact of me mostly clicking pictures and such.
Spoiler:

Aaanyway, on a different note... I'm trying to get my bf to read Worm, but he's not really a big fiction fan (more of a "time to sit down and read ARM assembly documentation" guy). So I'm trying to find some hook so he can dip a toe in, be it some quote or interlude or something that might appeal to that sort of taste. Everything is kind of spoiler-y, so I'm still looking.

In the meantime, I've started him on The Rook, which is a good book as any to get started on the genre.
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:57 pm

ilikeoctopus wrote:a "time to sit down and read ARM assembly documentation" guy

This exists? Is this an actual archetype? Like, of people? Because you're making it sound like this is an archetype. Where are all these people, and can they impart their interest in such things to others? I could really use a bit of that.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Tue Mar 14, 2017 2:54 pm

I know a few people like that (mostly through him, though), but can't help you there--anything lower-level than a cache intimidates me :U

(That might be why I'm deathly afraid of the parallel computing class I'm taking right now, come to think of it)
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:53 pm

Yeah, I can't stand working with any of that low-level stuff, either. There's a reason high-level languages were invented in the first place, and it's because the alternative was too tedious and clunky.

And iT, I'll second what d_what said. Your heart was in the right place, and I don't remember you ever getting nasty about any of it, which puts you leaps and bounds ahead of a lot of people.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:44 pm

"How many programmers does it take to change a lightbulb?"

"None, it's a hardware problem."

Heehee. I've always loved that joke. Gimme logic or loops or runtimes or efficiencies, or even the -ilities, but keep me away from any and all actual technology. I fall hard on the "soft" end of the scale.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:10 pm

Octi it's still skype! come and rejoin our hellish vore parade fun skype chat!!
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:42 am

hello i live but college is trying to make that stop being a thing slightly

so, status updates on Life: art peeps continue to be cool
my life is also hell time-wise tho
i'm playing a ghost in a short film so that's embarrassing and great
oh ye, i've started watching miraculous ladybug - got to ep 10, Is Good, aight show
AND ON THAT NOTE star vs is fucking amazing pls watch that show its SO GOOD
and on.... kinda that note too bc they introduced me to miraculous? i'm Actually Dating now, so that's a thing. idr if i mentioned them here before but they're genderfluid and could easily pull a rebecca sugar cosplay
i'm also on discord now bc we do have a quarantine discord despite the mainchat being on skype, so if peeps are vehemently against skype but would join us on discord Come On In its fun
i still need a switch like holy shit. please
also SERIOUSLY WATCH STAR MY GOD

anyways yeah how's life
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:18 am

seconding that you should watch star vs the forces of evil!
with steveniverse's recent decline in meaningful plotlines, three-dimensional characters, willingness to shift the status quo, and compelling drama, star vs easily decapitates it as my second favorite cartoon right now. unfortunately, as it tends to be with these things, the fandom is.... bad.... so there isnt any Really Good fan content, but the show itself is really cute, totally sincere, willing to screw its characters over to advance plot or development, and is actually using clever and unpredictable plot developments that arent "character x cries because they have issues"!

can you believe that ive become so disinterested in steveniverse after the newest rose's room episode that i completely forgot centipeetle was a thing????
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:06 am

I always felt kinda bad watching SU episodes... mostly because the vast majority of them are "soft" (i.e., random day in the life of a citizen of beach city, or shenanigans, or whatever) and what has always kept me interested is GEM FIGHTS or FUSIONS or OH NO HOME WORLD IS ATTACKING AAAAH etcetera. But I felt that it wasn't them, that was on me. SU is what it is and I only really like small parts of it, eh.

Didn't know other people were thinking along similar lines, though. Huh.

(Though, I have to say, I really do appreciate how they handle Pearl and her issues over Steven's mom. Super good stuff there.) SU is cartoon network, right, which is a public broadcaster? Have there been any Concerned Moms calling for heads to roll to complain about the fact there's LESBENIMS corrupting their innocent young tot's eyes and minds via the eeevils that is daytime television? I'd like to hope there isn't. But I doubt somehow it's because those moms (or dads!) don't exist.

-----------------

Separate from all of that I've been having recurring nightmares every night for the last month I'm really pissed about Pokemon. At some point I stopped playing and *didn't notice*, and then after Zelda and Splatoon and god knows what else was distracting me from keeping a foot in the game, that Global Mission thing reminded me to get back in there and get those 3 BP or whatever. And GOD DAMN I resented it! I had vaguely hoped I'd come back to it at some point with no expectations and suddenly everything would be okay again but HOLY SHIT I hate playing Sun/Moon so much. And it's not like I'm no longer interested in Pokemon. I just bought my friend a belated birthday gift in the form of a Passimian/Mew deck core and I'm psyched because it's got Passimian in it and it's new and interesting. It's just... the game itself, gag me with a spoon. Can't wait for the next ones, sooner I can forget about SM the better.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:31 pm

Don't forget to renew your Pokemon Bank passes, everyone! I forgot mine until right now :B
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:35 pm

In other news, Marshadow just got officially revealed, and there's an ongoing event for the Mawile, Beedrill, Audino, and Medicham Mega Stones for S&M.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:53 pm

Yep! The reason I remembered was because I wanted the mega stones and figured I'd check to see if I had any decently IV'd/egg move'd Meditite laying around in Bank.

Also because hatching eggs = more points in the plaza because of the ongoing event, but gosh that place is so dull I can barely bring myself to bother. And anyway, all the good stuff left to train is either a mega or something requiring soft resetting so that's pretty boring too :/
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:13 pm

Update to say that my hate for SM has not abated and SOS training is motherfucking awful

*Diglett appears*
"Go, decidueye!"

*Decidueye used False Swipe*
*Diglett used astonish*
*Diglett called for help*
*A diglett appeared!*

*Used adrenaline orb*
*Diglett used Sand attack! Strix's accuracy dropped!*
*Diglett used Astonish*

*Strix used leafblade!*
Diglett killed:1Turns:3
*Diglett used astonish!*
*Diglett called for help... But nobody came.*

*Passed turn*
*Diglett used astonish!*

*Passed turn*
*Diglett used astonish!*

*Passed turn*
*Diglett used Sand attack!*
*Diglett called for help*
*A diglett appeared!*

*Strix used leafblade!*
*The attack missed.*
*Diglett x2 used Astonish!*

*Strix used leafblade!*
*The attack missed.*
*Diglett x2 used Astonish!

*Strix used leafblade!*
Diglett killed:2 Turns:9
*Diglett used astonish!*
*Diglett called for help! But nobody came.*

*Etcetera, Diglett appears*

*Etcetera, attack missed*

*Etcetera, Killed 3 diglett, 12 turns... No diglett appeared*

Fuck this!
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:17 pm

happy 4/13 yall!
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:20 pm

Yeah, SOS battles are pretty terrible all around. They never happen when you want them to, and they always seem to happen when you don't.

And happy 4/13! Even if there's not as much to celebrate anymore now that the comic's over.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by ilikeoctopus Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:37 pm

God, getting a freaking Mareanie was such a pain, getting another razor claw was such a pain, etc. etc.

I can't even imagine trying to EV train with SOS battles :I

(Man, sometimes I forget that we all came from the MSPAF since no one has mentioned the comic in ages.)
ilikeoctopus
ilikeoctopus
Gentleman

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:16 pm

We haven't really needed to, homestuck as a thing that exists currently is... A whole lot of nothing doing, and it has been for aaaaaaages. I did check the page for updates on the game today, though, and I still have 4 CDs worth of burned HS tunes that I listen to regularly in the car.

...Is "x is a thing that exists" a HS thing? I can't find a source on it. Maybe it was just a tumblr thing that carried into the fandom.

Hmm. I definitely feel I am not in the fandom. I don't know if I'm in a fandom for anything? I am a-fan-of-worm-and-a-contributor-in-its-discussions, but idk if I'd consider myself in the "fandom". Maybe it's just fandom has some pretty dire connotations nowadays.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:31 pm

so if you haven't played night in the woods yet, you should probably play night in the woods cuz it's rapidly overtaken thousand-year door to become my favorite game of all time
invisibleTerrarium
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 37 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 33 ... 37  Next