Pokémon Quarantine
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀

+12
tinning3
d_what
Captain
Sandstriker
Spark Eletran
NinteNerd
muffinz
OverlordJ
Gelatino
cephalopodAscendant
invisibleTerrarium
Hanky Panky
16 posters

Page 16 of 37 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 26 ... 37  Next

Go down

If both were guaranteed to happen in sequence, which would you rather have released next?

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 16 I_vote_lcap0%Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 16 I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 16 I_vote_lcap100%Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 16 I_vote_rcap 100% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 1

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 16 Empty Re: Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀

Post by d_what Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:53 pm

Hiya Gela :V apologies that this thread is a COLOSSAL CONFUSING MESS

The good news is, we're a great place to avoid sm spoilers!
d_what
d_what
Democratically elected ruler of everything

Back to top Go down

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 16 Empty Re: Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀

Post by Gelatino Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:10 pm

I don't really use this forum any more and Hanky doesn't seem to be around all the time, but you guys are still making good use of this site so somebody more active needs to lead it

Who is most qualified to be an admin?
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:11 pm

At this point, I'm not sure it makes much difference who gets the job.
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainNessbot Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:12 pm

hi im ness and im gay trash, you might know me from other places, such as:
1. Skype
2. The Grocery Store
3. The Woolie Hole
4. A well of screaming voices
5. And many others
CaptainNessbot
CaptainNessbot
Youngster

Back to top Go down

Post by Gelatino Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:16 pm

Mainly I just want to know who is the most active and dedicated user here, somebody who spends enough time here that they can actually monitor things and clean up messy threads and stuff

Spark recommended d_what for the job, which sounds good to me
Gelatino
Gelatino
Admin
Admin

https://pokemonquarantine.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cephalopodAscendant Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:17 pm

Yeah, d_what's probably a good choice. the best choice. We have a great d_what, the best d_what. Terrific d-what. I'm telling you, he is just the best d_what. That's what I'm saying. Terrific.

Brb, building a wall and having mspaforums pay for it.

[[This was a terrible, terrible idea, guys.]]
cephalopodAscendant
cephalopodAscendant
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:39 am

CaptainNessbot wrote:hi im ness and im gay trash, you might know me from other places, such as:
1. Skype
2. The Grocery Store
3. The Woolie Hole
4. A well of screaming voices
5. And many others

I do not know any of these mystical and exotic places. But we know you already so that's cool! Will thoust be staying for long, and will (actually it's probably thee) be joining in on our cape-capade?
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainNessbot Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:54 am

Heck yea!!! I love superheroes are you kidding,,
Also holy balls mobile forum sucks
CaptainNessbot
CaptainNessbot
Youngster

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:10 am

It really does Neutral Best to use desktop mode I think. I have a spoiler on one of the previous pages replying to captain explaining how the process works. Give it a read, look at previous responses or examples, check out the doc for the powers we've got already!

(-o-) :shark:
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandstriker Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:45 am

Hi Ness!
Good to see you on the forums :0
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by OverlordJ Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:08 pm

Bluh, I had a busy weekend after all, sorry, I'm gonna do it asap (that is to say, once I'm back home in roughly 3 hours)

Yeah, D is the best option for admin, D is great, I vote for D.
OverlordJ
OverlordJ
Expert

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:33 am

Questions for spark and co regarding my powers (not suggestions though! Merely clarifications... except for one thing)

As a Blaster, how do I aim my concrete when it comes out of my skin? Is it *anywhere* on my skin? Can someone floating above me be taken down by a shot of concrete which launches itself vertically from the tip of my nose, while I'm staring forward? Can I weigh myself down with concrete produced, and does that affect my stamina in any way?

How flexible is the level of control over the bacteria? Presumably I can keep any bacteria within range *strictly* within that range, since that's what range means, so I could pass an object outside of the bubble and it would be entirely sterile? Can I extend different aspects of the range; i.e. extend the field to "collect" bacteria in a zone, without reintroducing the bacteria I already have to that zone? If someone runs through my bubble, how affected are they? It it "drink lots of water for the next 6 hours"? If they go in for a quick hug is it "throat's closing, better take an antihistamine"? Can I modify bacteria and viruses on the fly? Are they self sufficient outside of my range? That part's important because if so I'm an S-class "pandemic" scale of a problem. (and because there's two other capes in worm that do this already.) If not, then I simply can't cause epidemics (because I can't be everywhere at once.)

Just getting a clearer idea of the ups and downs/ins and out to the power. I would add though, as it stands,it's not a master power. Control over viruses is no different from control over fire and pyrokinesis is not a master power. "A cape whose powers let them control others or create minions (be they humans, parahumans, animals or specific objects)."

E: I suppose it would be a mild master power depending on the degree of control; "quick, cyanobacteria, attack his left eye!" is pretty mastery. Especially if the Master aspect of it outranges the Shaker aspect (since within Shaker range it's hard to separate the Shaker aspect of the power from anything else).
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Mon Jul 04, 2016 2:08 pm

I mean, viruses ARE arguably living organisms :v And I'd say controlling bacteria is pretty mastery, as master-y as controlling, say, dogs.

Concrete-wise - I'd say it comes out of extremities, mostly. Shoot it out of your fingers and it goes in the direction you're pointing, same with hands, for example. Shoot it out of the tip of your nose and it goes where the tip is pointing, in that case. Stamina-wise, we actually talked about that already - the concrete still affects you normally, but you can also suck it back up at roughly the same speed you'd shoot it out.

On the virus one... I'd say they're self-sufficient to an extent? To try and keep things balanced, they can probably still work on anyone that's already been infected, but they won't spread to other actual living objects outside your range by themselves. I'd say the disease field is just its one singular thing, too, so if you extend it to gather more bacterias and viruses, you'd be bringing the ones you have already too.

And, in how affected they are... depends on the actual disease! If you have a bunch of influenza viruses, people inside would slowly be getting infected with the flu, for example. And yeah, I'd say there's... probably some extent of being able to manipulate them on the fly? But it's likely harder to control, and so, hard to do on literally every single bacteria and virus you have - only a select group or things of the such.
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:19 pm

Spark Eletran wrote:I mean, viruses ARE arguably living organisms :v And I'd say controlling bacteria is pretty mastery, as master-y as controlling, say, dogs.

I'd have to disagree, primary reason being intelligence! Some capes can control plants, but aren't masters - like, snaring vines and things, or growing poisonous plants. But a Master cape would create Plant-based mooks who operate as individuals. Likewise something which would create golems, or clones - in each of those examples, there's a semblance of *self*. Individual bacterium aren't really within the scope of a mook and don't have selves (unless I'm a bacterist and on the wrong side of history, I guess?).

If you ctrl-f to the "master" section of this page (warning; mild spoilers, don't stray) you'll see some canon examples. They all feel decidedly offbeat in comparison to disease control. The closest one would be Skitter's arthropod control, but a single arthropod can be said to have and operate as a "self". The power still functions fine IMO, it just doesn't fit the criteria of a Master any moreso than rock-kinesis or adaptive psychic lasers would, living or no (Plus Viruses are debatably non-living anyway!)

From a GM perspective I'm having difficulty with the cement production thing, because of the nature of the material. Bleh, this is borderline messing, but if it were someone else's power I'd be saying the same stuff for canonicity. I actually like the power a lot and could do a lot with it, particularly as cement is fire-resistant, but production of concrete out of nothing is fairly far out of the norm. A lot of capes work with preexisting materials, and lots will open technical wormholes (that nobody notices, including themselves) into pocket universes full of whatever it is they're controlling, and some genuinely do spin matter out of apparently nothing. But in canon, that's because that "nothing" is actually taken from some alternate earth as a fuel source - pyrokinetics might tap into the heat at the heart of the earth, rubble-shooters (if they're not using preexisting rubble) drain from sources of rubble across several different earths. Someone who shoots blades would tap into the abundance of metal elements across any given earth and fill geometric forms with the gathered material. Cement, though, is manmade, and is a composite of several different things; it's liquid, so it has to be made or gathered on the fly, and the only source it would have directly would be from... building sites, I guess? Which is really odd and pretty limited in terms of volume. It's not so dissonant as "the ability to bleed iPhones", but it's edging close. Cement itself is pretty complicated; "a powdery substance made by calcining lime and clay, mixed with water to form mortar", where lime is heated limestone (itself a limited element, produced via compressing undersea creature skeletons) and clay is a particular mix of earth and water. That's a lot of different parts to collect, fuse and keep constantly fresh in order to be able to access immediately, never mind produce. I don't really know how it can be reworked, since there's several different routes you can take while maintaining different aspects of the power, and I can't suggest any of them because while that's still in my GM role it's outside of my Myself role Sad

Bleh I hate being a downer. It's not me at all, but dammit, I specifically can't be constructive here! :<
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:58 pm

how's about just. a generic "cement-like substance" or smth, then

idek
Spark Eletran
Spark Eletran
Tamer

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:11 pm

That... actually works :V

I was productive today!

Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon: Spoilers ahoy ☀ - Page 16 Poxo_by_dunnyct-da94y78

Above: beta costumes for my current power sets

See if u guys were faster I could do more :B

Last edited by d_what on Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:27 am; edited 2 times in total
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by CaptainNessbot Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:56 pm

Happy fourth of jibbly, everyone! If I write triggers, do I just post them here?? If so I'll edit this post when I get home.
CaptainNessbot
CaptainNessbot
Youngster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandstriker Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:07 pm

Damn those costumes look rad :0
I kind of want to design a few costumes myself now.

Also ye, just post the triggers here.

E: Also, i saw some cool symbols on the power list thing, but they seem to have vanished?
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:34 am

I can still see them on all of my devices! I think maybe they might just be slow to load.

It's tempting to make icons for Grapefruit and Spatula powers too, but I think I wouldn't be able to make them good enough. So instead I'm gonna edit my costumes later - the antenna aren't doing anything for me, and the midsection on the red one needs reworking. (lower armor is wonky and the underpants might look better in white.) Making costumes for yourself is definitely fun though. I've one more left for myself to do.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandstriker Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:50 am

The icons seem to have reappeared for me, so that's good. I really like all of them so far :0

Also RIP OJ, he must be stuck in some kind of temporal train ride for three hours to be taking two days :V
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:53 am

RIP OJ, press F to pay respects!

Maybe he's trapped in a time anomaly. From what I know of Germans, they hold timeliness in high regard, so this is clearly the only reasonable explanation. We shall have to rescue him! Super team, mobilize! Only we don't have powers yet ;_;

((We could be the...Quaran-team? Although that might cause confusion among some Islamic bystanders.))
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandstriker Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:03 pm

Well clearly we have all our suggested powers until the powers are officially decided :U

Also, Quaran-Team is an A+ name. Especially if you ended up getting the Zika powers :V
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:21 pm

Nah. We'd have some horrible amalgamation of our powers. I'd have the power to fill a sphere around me with concrete, that somehow makes people sick if they manage to breathe it in. You'd create an icy replica that is frozen in time that shatters as soon as anyone touches it. Octi would make anyone in range (herself included) extremely dizzy and disoriented. Spark's extremities would turn into semiformed birds (and everybody would love them). And Captain would get the ability to survive any canon SAW trap, with the catch that he has a compulsion to build them and try them on himself. Now that's a team to be quarantined.

No change for iT or OJ obviously.
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandstriker Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:44 pm

My powers would be great for weddings and museums. Shame some 5 year old will fuck up anything i make in a matter of seconds of it's creation.
Sandstriker
Sandstriker
Ranger

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:47 pm

It's interactive art. Make some big boonies. We'll set up a museum! (adults only with signed waivers before going into Captain's section.)
d_what
d_what

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 37 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 26 ... 37  Next