Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Quarantine: AMA edition: Open For Business

Post by OverlordJ on Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:38 am

1. Why does the forum keep logging me out?

2. Can you only burn buildings or do you have actual pyrokinetics?

3. What music do you listen to?
OverlordJ
Expert

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xaber on Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:32 am

what's your favourite thing that you would never recommend to somebody else?

Xaber
Ranger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what on Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:28 am

How did you come across Homestuck?

Democratically elected ruler of everything

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium on Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:59 pm

Why does the forum keep logging OJ out?
i set the server buildings on fire

Can you only burn buildings or do you have actual pyrokinetics?
I can do pyrokinetics if you want. HMU

What music do you listen to?
buddy don't open up pandora's box
pandora's box:
I listen to an incredible variety of stupid hipster bullshit. I'm not gonna go through and count how many artists are on my spotify but take my word for it that it's in the many hundreds, and i'm REALLY not gonna count the number of songs because that would be absolutely asinine. generally my music taste can be sorted into the ROCK category and the ELECTRONIC category with lots of genres between the two. my favorite artists are Fall Out Boy (ROCK CATEGORY/POP PUNK), Gorillaz (ELECTRONIC CATEGORY/TRIP-HOP), Coast Modern (ELECTRONIC CATEGORY/INDIE POP), and Joywave (ROCK CATEGORY/SYNTHROCK). As I speak what's playing is Ulysses, by Franz Ferdinand (ROCK CATEGORY/STRAIGHT ALT ROCK). I keep my library very organized into a number of private and public playlists and also maintain a [url=flapjackssongoftheday.tumblr.com]music blog[/url] on which i post a song a day and you should all go follow it. music helps me calm my anxiety to an extent but i also just rlly rlly like having some kind of passive stimulus while i do other things and music is a great way to do that

what's your favourite thing that you would never recommend to somebody else?
Homestuck mspa

How did you come across Homestuck?
I was in a group irc chat with a bunch of people i knew and someone who has since moved away to belgium mentioned that his girlfriend (this was in seventh grade so that's hilarious) got really into homestuck and he couldn't get her to stop talking about it and i was like what the fuck is that and he said just google it and then i got really into homestuck and couldn't stop talking about it
The first update after I got caught up was Prince of Heart: Rise Up, so that was February 2012.
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what on Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:36 pm

Shit yeah I just remembered that's a good question, "at what point did you catch up with homestuck." For the record, I caught up during the Doc intermission detailing what was going on with the heroes of light.

Question that I have decided I'm gonna pose to everyone: is there anything you want to tell us about yourself that you've never really gone into or just haven't found the right opportunity to yet?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium on Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:45 pm

is there anything you want to tell us about yourself that you've never really gone into or just haven't found the right opportunity to yet?
I am in fact, an arsonist. mspa
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran on Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:46 pm

I caught up around the very beginning of Act 6 - still back in its first pages, pretty sure!

and. uhhhhh.... ristar is a really rad game i wish was revived in current times, i guess??? i never really get to talk about it much
Spark Eletran
Tamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what on Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:01 pm

Holy moly I had no idea you guys caught up so far after me. Does this make me a veteran? Woah. Although act 5 was pretty big so statistically... Jesus HS is old.(update btw)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz on Thu Mar 31, 2016 2:36 am

my turn is next so I'm gonna wait to answer those two questions at the same time I do the regular questions.

actually should we just go ahead and officially add them to the Everyone Questions? that may be a good ideas
muffinz
Gentleman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what on Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:01 am

Gonna pop the queue in a few hours unless anyone has more questions!

Obligatory 100 duck sized horses question

e: p-p-p-popped!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium on Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:40 pm

some vaguely personal questions u might not wanna answer and are 100% not obligated to:
You are pretty much the only person left on this forum who I have pretty much no geographical indication for. I know you're somewhere in the US, but I'm not shre where. Are you one of the NC-bound folks? And if not, what general area of the US are you in?

You're also the last one (besides cA) whose name I don't know, and now that you've figured out your pronouns, would you be willing to let us in on this Greatest of Secrets?

And for that matter, what was the process that lead you to figure out said pronouns?

stupid questions:
What is your favorite type of muffin? And why muffinz with a z rather than an s?

What do you think of the Stevenbomb scheduling?

Do you even like Nepeta that much? And if you do, what's your opinion on Davepetasprite^2?

invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz on Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:16 pm

1. Describe an average day in your life.
shit uh... my schedule is so erratic, open, and unregulated that I don't really have a single answer i can give here. i wake up anywhere between 12:00 PM and 1:30 PM usually, uh, get dressed and stuff, come downstairs and drink coffee while checking forums & blogs and stuff for new posts, then for the next couple hours i just sort of do whatever i feel like doing whether that's working on some projects i'm making or just reading/watching fun stuff. usually at some point in the mid-afternoon i eat some type of lunch-like meal. at 3:30 my mom leaves for work, and at around 5:00 my dad comes home from work. usually 7:30 to 8:00 is when my dad and grandma (who lives with us) want to eat dinner, and usually i join them in that? then i help clean up and also take care of any like... basic chores that need to be done. after that i go back to the computer, maybe do art and stuff, then i go up to bed around 2:00 AM or so and spend an hour or so drawing before going to sleep.

that's what happens on a totally free day when nothing happens at all, but usually there'll be something different. it's just that since i'm inbetween finishing school and starting a job, i don't really have anything i need to do every day.

2. Describe someone in your friendgroup.
i don't really have a friend group IRL to be honest... but once every couple weeks i go with my older brother to a so-called Board Game Night where he and his friend group (and any other people those friends want to invite) get together for playing board games and stuff. i've been starting to actually hang out with these people more and get to know them more, so i guess i can describe one of them.

the guy who started & organized these board game meetups in the first place is a good friend and old roommate of my brother's. he's this tall, sort of chubby guy about 30 years old. wears glasses, has dark brown nice-looking hair shaped kind of like mettaton's. gets very exited and animated when playing games bc he gets super into them, exaggerates his anger humorously and makes jokes about flipping the table when things go wrong. when not playing games he's pretty relaxed and super nice. he lives in a little suburban house with his equally-nerdy boyfriend and their place is where most board game nights are held.

Explain how you got your username.
man this is embarrassing... i came up with this name when i was like seven or eight. i was about to join my very first internet forum, and i needed a name for myself, but i couldn't come up with one. so i said that if i couldn't find a "me"-enough name in one day, i'd just pick the first random word to pop into my head. that word ended up being "muffins", but i put a Z on the end because IDK, it was "funnier" or something.

lately i've been trying to move away from this goofy, shitty old name, and on a few websites right now i'm using "two out of three muffins" (or other spelling/spacing permutations of that), which is just some nonsense phrase that popped into my head while i was really tired one night.

What are your top ten favorite pokemon, in no particular order?
shit UH
okay top three is probably... a tie? a tie between Kricketune, Leavanny, and Scolipede because i can't call any one of them better than the others, they're all perfect.
4 and below i can probably put an order to? lemme see here:
4: Sliggoo
5: Maractus
6: Carbink
7: Parasect
8: Whimsicott
9: Sableye
10: Breloom

desert island thing
okay, so Here's The Thing... i don't know for sure exactly who my "least favorite person in the world" is, but whoever i hate most, they're certainly a terrible, harmful person who has hurt people in the past and will continue to hurt people in the future. normally, i'm terrified at the thought of killing another person, but if my only options are to A: live alone with a shitty, abusive scumbag forever, or B: kill a shitty, abusive scumbag to return to my life, i feel like i'd have to pick B. i'd feel terrible about it, but i'd still be indirectly doing other people a favor.

Do you live in an urban environment or a rural environment? Which would you rather live in?
Suburban! i really like where i live actually... it has a nice balance between "not crowded, loud, & ugly" and "not a 20 fucking minute drive to the grocery store". if i had to choose between living in a big city or living out in the country, i'd have to pick city I guess, just 'cause it'd be more comfortable and convenient.

Earth, Wind, Water or Fire? Combinations are not allowed, as are the answers "neither" or "all", or anything to that effect
oh man... i don't know actually! i've never really thought about it, and i don't know enough about the personality traits associated w/ elements to make a decision that way. my zodiac sign (leo) is supposedly related to fire, but fuck fire. i guess i'd go with water, probably.

What is your favourite word?
i really enjoy finding opportunities to use "juxtaposition" in casual conversation because it's so unwieldy and overspecific.

If you were to be given a Pokèmon type, what would it be? You can select a single type or a dual-type. This is not a "what's your favorite" question, but rather a "what represents you the best" question. Try to take your personality traits and interests into consideration!
i think i'd probably go with Bug/Fairy. like ok, Bug is largely due to being my favorite type, but i've always felt drawn to whatever is the "underdog" or the most underappreciated member of a particular group of things, so i think it fits me that way too. then Fairy is more personality-related. i'm fairly feminine and i've always liked cute or pretty things, plus i feel like i have a bad tendency to be spiteful and passive-aggressive when i'm mad, which feels like a very Fairy-type thing to me.

Out of all the currently unused type combinations, what are the Top Three that you most want to see on a gen 7 Pokèmon? Note: for the purposes of this question, you can choose to answer with NFE-exclusive types (like Bug/Water) or legendary-exclusive types (like pure Flying).
okay, i WANT to just say "all the unused Bug combos" but that would be cheating.
Normal/Ghost seems really fun and would be interesting, then either Fire/Water or Fire/Ice would also be great, and i'm really curious what they could do for Bug/Dragon even though i don't like dragon-types that much normally.

You have the opportunity to briefly go back in time and talk to your past self from five years ago. You can choose any number of things to tell them, but you should probably try to avoid changing the future too severely. What will you tell your past self about?
i'd definitely tell past me to focus more of their time on actually making serious art and improving their art skills instead of just doodling aimlessly in old sketchbooks. i've improved a TON in just the past couple years, and it's all because i've tried to actually put effort into making serious, presentable drawings instead of throw-away doodles.

This is a pretty cliche one, but what would you do if you received three wishes from some sort of genie-like figure? Let's assume you can't wish for additional wishes and can't wish to become omniscient or omnipotent.
okay this question... isn't as easy to answer as I thought it was going to be when i wrote it???

okay 1: how about like... the ability to learn new skills & concepts and commit them to my memory at triple the rate. there are a ton of things i've got a moderate interest in that i'd love to pursue in my spare time, but i just don't feel like i can make a large enough commitment to actually learn them. things like figuring out coding & game design, or learning another language.
2: uhh... okay, i'd wish that intelligent, long-lived, cat-sized bees and moths existed as common, beloved pet species. because that alone would make the world a much better place.
3: then i'd probably wish for the ability to shapeshift... if that isn't too much to wish for. like firstly, i'm not really that happy with the way i look, and secondly, being able to just change my appearance however i want whenever i want would be incredibly fun. especially if i'm not restricted to always looking human.

If you could choose to permanently live in any fictional setting or world different from our own, where would you go? No matter where you choose to go, you remain an ordinary human, and all you can take with you is whatever you're wearing at the time, plus whatever items you're usually always carrying (phone? wallet?).
this question is so shitty hahahhhhh
ugh
i thought we were going to have way more Everyone Questions so i didn't put much effort into making my additions Good-Quality Questions, and i'm really regretting these five terrible questions now.
anyways definitely the pokémon world i guess.

at what point did you catch up on Homestuck?
very early in Act 3! like, when Jade was climbing down the lower floors of her house.
it's weird... technically, that's very very early in homestuck's actual run, but it doesn't feel like it to me. everything from the start of Act 5 Act 2 onwards still feels "recent" to me. but let me tell you, it was WEIRD to be there watching as the fandom grew in size during act 5.

is there anything you want to tell us about yourself that you've never really gone into or just haven't found the right opportunity to yet?
um, i dunno, most things about myself are covered by other questions. i mean here's one, i guess:
i've got loads of OCs that i've come up with over the years and i'd actually really like to talk about them the way Spark does with his, but i haven't really reached the point where i'm comfortable sharing my art with others yet... plus a lot of them don't really have a defined setting or story they inhabit yet. some of them are more "finished" than others, but i definitely want to share them soon! i've been working on finalizing their designs and names so i can do that.
muffinz
Gentleman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran on Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:37 pm

well in that case time to put u on the spot

tell us about one of your ocs! no need to post art or anything. just tell us a bit about whichever one is the most finished. dO IT
Spark Eletran
Tamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz on Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:10 pm

You are pretty much the only person left on this forum who I have pretty much no geographical indication for. I know you're somewhere in the US, but I'm not shre where. Are you one of the NC-bound folks? And if not, what general area of the US are you in?
I live in Virginia! Central Virginia to be specific, right outside the limits of Richmond. So I'm actually pretty close by to you NC people... who here lives in NC, again??? I can't remember.

You're also the last one (besides cA) whose name I don't know, and now that you've figured out your pronouns, would you be willing to let us in on this Greatest of Secrets?
My name is Adam! I held off on saying my name for so long because of some various reasons (first a weird desire to avoid divulging any personal information, then later some unsureness about my gender and stuff), but at this point there's no need to hide it. For a while I was thinking that if I wasn't male that I'd have to change my name, but I'm going to keep it anyways, because I'm just so used to it that it'd be weird to change. Plus, my face and body are never going to not look masculine, so I might as well be okay with a masculine name as well.

And for that matter, what was the process that lead you to figure out said pronouns?
Man, it took me years to figure out I wasn't a guy, just because I've always been so ambivalent about the concept of gender. It's like, I don't have any kind of gender dysphoria, and it doesn't make me all that uncomfortable when people assume I'm male, so I figured that I had to be just an ordinary guy who happened to not feel all that "manly".

I actually figured out I wasn't male in part due to people on the internet thinking I wasn't! I spent a few years deliberately trying to obscure all my personal information, including my gender (you know, for fun), and it always made me kind of exited when somebody was unsure of my gender or referred to me as a "they"! I didn't think too much of it at the time, but I actually had a dream some time last year where I presented as gender-neutral IRL as well as on the internet, and after that happened I figured something had to be up. After a few weeks of thinking about it I figured out that I didn't really identify as any gender at all!

What is your favorite type of muffin? And why muffinz with a z rather than an s?
I don't actually like eating muffins all that much! But if I had to pick, banana and chocolate muffins are probably the best. I explained my reason behind the name in my last post.

What do you think of the Stevenbomb scheduling?
lol it sucks
But seriously it's really kind of annoying how the network is doing this! It's like, the crew needs so much time to finish each episode that a S-Bomb can only happen if it's preceded AND followed by a significant break, so it seems obvious that bombs should only happen on special occasions! Yet for whatever reason CN keeps putting out bomb after bomb, presumably because they generate such high ratings. I feel like this setup has GOT to be a lot harder on the crew, and while the bombs are fun while they're going on, I really prefer it when we've got some time inbetween each episode to digest them!

Do you even like Nepeta that much? And if you do, what's your opinion on Davepetasprite^2?
Yeah, I like Nepeta. I used to have her in my avatar all the time just because I'm a Leo and the concept of a "patron troll" was a Thing on the MSPA forums, but I have also grown to enjoy her as a character. Mostly, though, I just wish she got more proper screentime and characterization, 'cause that's the main issue keeping her from being a character I really love.

Davepeta is really great so far! They've got a neat design, both of the two conversations they've had were fun, and I look forward to seeing more of them. We already know Davesprite and Nepeta separately, but their combined personality is different enough that I need to see a bit more before I can really say how much I like them.

Spark Eletran wrote:well in that case time to put u on the spot

tell us about one of your ocs! no need to post art or anything. just tell us a bit about whichever one is the most finished. dO IT
uh oh
SHIT i have successfully been put on the spot! you have trapped me on this spot and now i am socially required to give in to your demands

but if i'm forced to talk about OCs i want to at least put some effort into it so gimme a few minutes to scan up some vaguely presentable drawings
muffinz
Gentleman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran on Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:17 pm

@stevenbombs: people have pointed out that, especially with the new SUMMER OF STEVEN

(oh yeah new eps from june to august in some sort of non-weekly schedule, kicking off season 3 because apparently all seasons other than 1 are gonna be 26-episodes long also season 5 confirmed to be a Thing in the future, the crew are really excited and we can probs expect like at least 15 episodes out of it)

but yeah with the SUMMER OF STEVEN cn's defs treating SU eps as more of an event whenever they're premiered. they know it's big shit, they announce it pretty in advance and make sure to hype it as all hell

and ofc that brings in higher ratings as well

so. yeah :0
Spark Eletran
Tamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz on Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:05 am

^ yeah i know about all that! it's great to at least have a confirmed month for the return but it sucks that it's still two more months away.

ugh i'm still really nervous about doing this but okay, here's one of my ocs:
(you'll want to click the "click to see fullsize" on these pictures 'cause the forum resized the fuck out of 'em)
Spoiler:

this is Vermilion! he's uh, a flower. a big 'ol plant man. not sure exactly what his details of his backstory are quite yet but walking, talking plant people are defs. not a Normal Thing That Exists, and i'm thinking he probably came into existence as an incidental, accidental occurrence.

at the start of his life, he was kind of a big deal because plants normally aren't supposed to be human-shaped or sentient, but a bunch of years have passed and nobody really cares all that much anymore. he's grown up now, and he's trying semi-successfully to be a functional adult! emphasis on "semi". he doesn't really DO anything, he just lives in the protagonist's house and eats all her goddamn food.

i've been trying to flesh out his personality traits a bit more lately so let me write down a few of em:
- he's really excitable and generally tends to have pretty bombastic reactions to things
- he's also really LOUD. if you tell him to be quiet he'll try to for a couple minutes but he always forgets and goes back to accidentally shouting in your ear
- very positive and optimistic most of the time, but it's not so much a "innocent happiness" sort of optimism as it is a "stubborn refusal to ever be negative" sort.
- a total performer at heart, very showy and flashy, loves being the center of attention
- also kind of self-centered as a result, he gets sort of annoyed when people don't acknowledge his presence
- he really likes making people happy and seeing them happy but he gets pretty insensitive around people who aren't. he's the kinda guy who'd tell a depressed person "you need to cheer up" instead of actually helping them
- he sometimes doesn't really "get" people's boundaries and ends up casually asking people really personal questions or accidentally stepping on their feelings. he doesn't always understand how or why he's made someone upset until they tell him directly.
- bad at social cues and sarcasm
- he doesn't have eyelids or eyebrows so he has to deliberately change the shape of his pupils to make expressions
- he's also got no bones and he's always going around doing awkward-looking fuckin' bayonetta poses and stuff
- also he's really really tall, like definitely well over 6 feet. maybe like 6'4" to 6'6"?
- his name is vermilion because vermilion is literally exactly the color of his flower petals but that word's also got "lion" in it, and he's got kind of a lion motif going on. puns!

have some more, older drawings of him.

this was from a few months ago when I was figuring out the details of his design! i think i actually like the art here a little better because i made his torso too tall in the image up at the top.
(there are two other characters drawn here on this old page but i'll talk about them later. you'll learn about those two weirdos someday)

he also has a color scheme, which i am going to quickly and messily scribble onto him in paint:

i wanted to post at least two because i would feel less anxious if i showed more than one character at once, but this guy's the only one who had any art that looked this decent and complete, and i don't have enough time to draw any halfway-acceptable pictures of anyone else today.

Last edited by muffinz on Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:01 am; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : am i never going to be 100% satisfied with this color scheme)
muffinz
Gentleman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what on Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:25 am

muffinz wrote:Adam!

We are all blown away by this shocking revelation.
Seriously though I was expecting "christine” or something Razz to be fair, though, it's easy to assume gender when people use a gendered character on their avatar and don't say otherwise. I'm glad you felt comfortable enough to tell us! (Good question iT)

Vermilion
Omg my bb I luv him
...can I have him
Reserving dibs in case of emergency...
<3

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium on Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:28 am

hello adam! i wasnt actually expecting an answer to that tbh but it is good to know youre human and not an unsapient nameless robotic nepeta muffin. [checks you off Stalk List]
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain on Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:26 am

Oh hey I didn't do the dumb nickname thing for iT. Nm dude sorry.

Muffinz rank these nicknames for me in order of least to most terrible, would you? Apathetic-about-fish, Muffler, BAGELZ, Muff, and MEOWFINSXD.
Captain
Ranger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by invisibleTerrarium on Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:48 am

pretty sure weve been calling them bagelz for years so that gets my vote
invisibleTerrarium
Tamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran on Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:54 pm

how about Zniff_Um

that's MY vote
Spark Eletran
Tamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by muffinz on Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:06 pm

Muffinz rank these nicknames for me in order of least to most terrible, would you? Apathetic-about-fish, Muffler, BAGELZ, Muff, and MEOWFINSXD.
how about Zniff_Um

uh wow
1: bagelz is relatively inoffensive and you guys were using it a ton a few years ago so i'm already used to it
2: i don't get Apathetic-About-Fish but it's actually a literal true fact about me
3: muffler sounds slightly gross
4: what the hell does zniff_um mean
5: muff is a real word already and it means something you don't wanna say in public
6: if you call me MEOWFINSXD i'm gonna go punch a bird
muffinz
Gentleman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Spark Eletran on Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:17 pm

sure you will MEWOFINSXD

my question is what bird was your victim
Spark Eletran
Tamer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Captain on Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:12 pm

Apathetic-About-Fish is bc Muffinz = Meh, Fins. It makes sense in a British dialect at least.

Could you tell us what your favourite story is, and why? Can be in any medium you like.

The above might make a nice generic question, if peeps wanna add it.
Captain
Ranger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by d_what on Fri Apr 01, 2016 7:40 pm

Euphoric m'finz, perhaps.

Tell us all of your long-held and rarely discussed feelings regarding socks!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top